Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember, all of that, ie unofficial video from neighbor, dad's reported reaction, and attributing words to the police came from one person, neighbor RD.With no official documentation. From a person who released sensitive data to the media while a young boy was missing.
Yes, excellent point!

Of note, ironically, geese are far more aggressive and hostile than ducks. Loved your comparison.

With the HB case we saw someone who really did seem to be showing some odd behavior, which caused many of us to conclude, in addition to known stats about those closest to the missing, that SC was involved. We were wrong, and it was a mongoose that no one ever saw coming.

That being said, it’s quite rare to have something so against all odds (bff is a baby stealing murdered), and Occam’s razor almost always wins out. That being said, I always appreciate and enjoy alternative, reason-based ideas.

I feel safe in our theories that LS is, in fact, a duck - but I’ll gladly eat some crow (or goose?) if I’m wrong.
Much agree and I didn’t think there could be anything insanely crazier than Heidi’s tragic story. Until I read up briefly on the Lori Vallow case. Wow that’s some wildly crazy stuff there. Talk about a game of duck duck goose!
I don’t, however, think G’s disappearance is a wild crazy story. I think it will end with the simplest explanation. Just not yet sure if it’s the one the majority of us are xpecting. Moo

I agree.
It now appears to be in the DESPAIR stage.
I'm just not sure whether this applies to the search aspect or the 'non-criminal' aspect?

The searching or the trapping?

Despair is part of it. But beyond despair, imagine the horror of thinking that someone embedded in your life, who you once trusted, could be capable of something like this. I bet she's replaying every interaction, every exchange of words, looking for clues.

I don't really consider heights, because I'm from Georgia and we don't have a lot of elevated places near me, so that's just not something that occurs to me. Of course, if I lived in Colorado, I would probably consider a mountain - but I don't know enough about them to know if you can just drive up to the top and throw someone off? The very few "mountains" we have around here are accessed via a trail. You could drive up to the top in some places, but the roads are so curvy and heavily traveled that it would be difficult to do it undetected. We have lots of abandoned boat ramps and dirt roads around here. Those would be my go-to dumping place if I was a murderer. Which I'm not ;)

Considering the possibility that she made him walk to his final spot (which just makes me sick), they could’ve hiked up Spruce Mt. from the trailhead. It’s about a mile to the top where there are very rocky cliffs looking down over Spruce Mt. Ranch. We hike up there all the time and it’s a sheer rocky cliff that drops straight off around 500-600 feet. It’s terrifying to walk to the edge but it’s a beautiful view of Pikes Peak.

It would take 20-30 minutes to get to the top. Once on top, the trail goes all the way around the butte but given her time constraints, I would expect her to run back down. The whole thing would take less than an hour.

If she drove out of the parking lot and went north, it’s less than a mile to Noe Road, which she could take west to 105 with a few stops to get rid of stuff. Then south on 105 to Sierra Pines to dump more stuff, then home.

There are many problems with this theory. The first one that comes to mind is that LE isn’t searching near Spruce Mt.

MOO

Remember, all of that, ie unofficial video from neighbor, dad's reported reaction, and attributing words to the police came from one person, neighbor RD.With no official documentation. From a person who released sensitive data to the media while a young boy was missing.

Agreed. However, I find it credible, imo. Let’s not forget, even LS confirms the video, except she wants to try to talk about shadows In her statement, too, and try to infer Gannon made it home.

Because they give her a shred of hope it won’t be believed. For reasons mentioned here about what makes sense, and from areas we cannot discuss on WS, tend to believe RD over LS.

Much agree and I didn’t think there could be anything insanely crazier than Heidi’s tragic story. Until I read up briefly on the Lori Vallow case. Wow that’s some wildly crazy stuff there. Talk about a game of duck duck goose!
I don’t, however, think G’s disappearance is a wild crazy story. I think it will end with the simplest explanation. Just not yet sure if it’s the one the majority of us are xpecting. Moo
Ugh yes the Vallow case is just all sorts of craziness, although a rather different kind than HB’s. I’m so glad to see that they finally arrested her and she is most assuredly going to stay in jail until trial, $5 million is no joke.

I agree - I don’t think anything “out of the norm”, sad to say, happened here. I think it’s relatively cut and dry, actually. It’s all so sad.

Considering the possibility that she made him walk to his final spot (which just makes me sick), they could’ve hiked up Spruce Mt. from the trailhead. It’s about a mile to the top where there are very rocky cliffs looking down over Spruce Mt. Ranch. We hike up there all the time and it’s a sheer rocky cliff that drops straight off around 500-600 feet. It’s terrifying to walk to the edge but it’s a beautiful view of Pikes Peak.

It would take 20-30 minutes to get to the top. Once on top, the trail goes all the way around the butte but given her time constraints, I would expect her to run back down. The whole thing would take less than an hour.

If she drove out of the parking lot and went north, it’s less than a mile to Noe Road, which she could take west to 105 with a few stops to get rid of stuff. Then south on 105 to Sierra Pines to dump more stuff, then home.

There are many problems with this theory. The first one that comes to mind is that LE isn’t searching near Spruce Mt.

MOO
Thank you.
W ould the time constraints have permitted her to switch off phone and gps , some way, for this part of the journey and then to dp several runs around current search area with it switched back on again?

Can anyone refresh me on SM possible motive for any of her actions being a break up with husband or possible divorce?

My theory is and I believe it was more of an abuse that happened Sunday night that gravely injured GS. By Monday morning she decided to finish it off and murder him, instead of getting him medical attention and telling the truth.

THANK YOU! Speaking of Dan May, let's all remember how Kelsey's case went down. A lot of people dreamed up wild Zebra scenarios of what could have happened to Kelsey. Some folks said, "This will go cold," or "They're grasping at straws--I think they have nothing." Meanwhile, investigators and DA May's prosecutorial team were silently building an ironclad case against Frazee & the Rodeo Queen that absolutely floored us when we finally heard the evidence. These professionals know what they're doing. Powerful, expert people have their HEARTS in finding Gannon and doing justice for him. TRUST.
And the FBI, let us not forget. They’re on this, too. It’s all in good, capable, and quiet hands.

OT, @sleepysleuth *waving at you from GA, too*
I'm in Georgia too!

OT: Hi fellow Georgians! :D

I'm sorry for asking - I think someone posted about this but I can't remember what page it was on - where exactly is this portion of Noe Road that they are searching? Is it closer to the end near S Perry Park Road, or is it closer to Spruce Mountain Road?

Thank you.
W ould the time constraints have permitted her to switch off phone and gps , some way, for this part of the journey and then to dp several runs around current search area with it switched back on again?

Yes I think so, although if Gannon was hurt before they hiked, that would slow them down quite a bit because it’s a pretty steep hike up.

At best, our Verizon phones have spotty service there. Sometimes we’ll get connected as we hike around the top of the butte but a lot of the time we won’t have service for the entire hike.

OT: Hi fellow Georgians! :D

I'm sorry for asking - I think someone posted about this but I can't remember what page it was on - where exactly is this portion of Noe Road that they are searching? Is it closer to the end near S Perry Park Road, or is it closer to Spruce Mountain Road?

It’s closer to Perry Park road. Yesterday they were searching where the trees begin and a little bit east of that.

I'm curious about a couple of things. Did she have help? She is definitely involved, no question about it. When leaving, it looks like the individual is wearing a scully with a white hat. When person returns they are carrying the white hat.

This other theory might be a little off, but what if GS passed away from a beating Sunday night and she had her daughter walk to the car that Monday morning to look like GS. Maybe she had him rolled in something and loaded in the truck bed. This may seem a little off, because it definitely does look like a male child getting in the car, but there has been crazy things that happen

The original video should present a clear detailed recording and have sound. A clear bright view with no room for error mistaking the two people getting into that truck when it left and the one person getting out when it returned.

I'm pretty sure we do actually know that LE has not taken the action of asking civilians to be on the lookout for a second mysterious person using TS's putative description of same; which I think was the OP's point. :)
And I say that maybe LE had a reason not to go public with the "descriptions" of a possible man, per stepmom's words, and that maybe they are investigating that part in another area of the USA, we don't know.

Yes I think so, although if Gannon was hurt before they hiked, that would slow them down quite a bit because it’s a pretty steep hike up.

At best, our Verizon phones have spotty service there. Sometimes we’ll get connected as we hike around the top of the butte but a lot of the time we won’t have service for the entire hike.
Is there any other high point which would have required a much shorter walk but would have needed a 4wd to access it? Within both the 4 hr window and the searching points? By high point I mean a point from which a fall would lead to almost certain death?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PoignantEcho