Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom, arrested* #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first post on this case. I have following this case and am glad she has finally been arrested. The charge is interesting She has been charged with deserting her children with the intent to abandon them. I am sure most of us will agree the children are not alive as they have not been seen since September. I am wondering why has she not been charged for causing harm to the children since she failed to produce them or give any evidence of them being alive.

Police obtained phone records that show Lori, Cox and J.J. went to Yellowstone National Park on Sept. 8. Officers also received a photo of Tylee at the park entrance.

“This is the last time we can find any record of T.R. (Tylee Ryan) being with Lori Vallow. We have found no witnesses who can verify they have seen T.R. since Sept. 8, 2019,” documents say.

Oh goodness. Lots of water and forests up that way.

Edit to add: AND THERMAL POOLS.

BBM

Last edited:
Im confused. Do we know exactly what Melanie Gibb did for sure?

The charging document states that on November 26, 2019 from Madison County Idaho, LV, with the purpose of promoting or facilitating the commission of a crime, encourage and/or requested Melanie Gibb to engage in conduct which would constitute the crime of RESISTING AND/OR OBSTRUCTING AN OFFICER, by requesting and/or encouraging Melanie Gibb to give law enforcement false information regarding the whereabouts of a child.

Im confused. Do we know exactly what Melanie Gibb did for sure?

Court documents lay out timeline of investigation, detail last time Tylee and JJ were seen | East Idaho News

Police found Lori in her apartment, and she told them JJ was with Melanie Gibb, a friend in Gilbert. Gibb participated as a co-host with Chad and Lori on a Preparing the People podcast. Investigators called Gibb but were unable to reach her. They followed up with Lori, who said that her friend and JJ were at “Frozen 2.” Officers told Lori to tell her friend to call them.

Rexburg police had not heard from the Gibb that night so they called the Gilbert Police Department. Officers in Arizona went to Gibb’s home. She was not there, but they reached her by phone, and she told them JJ had not been there for several months.

“On Dec. 6, 2019, RPD was contacted by (Gibb) and informed that both Chad Daybell and Lori Vallow called Melanie on Nov. 26, 2019, at separate times and asked her to tell police that she had J.V. even though J.V. was not with her,” court documents read. “Melanie informed RPD that she declined Chad’s and Lori’s requests.”

Ball writes that the statement Lori made about JJ being with Gibb “delayed the investigation into the whereabouts and safety of J.V. by requiring us to take time to investigate a lead that was verified as false.”

On Dec. 6, 2019, RPD was contacted by (Gibb) and informed that both Chad Daybell and Lori Vallow called Melanie on Nov. 26, 2019, at separate times and asked her to tell police that she had J.V. even though J.V. was not with her,” court documents read. “Melanie informed RPD that she declined Chad’s and Lori’s requests.

Wow !!!!
This is not Melani the, right?

From the quoted link above:
Court documents lay out timeline of investigation, detail last time Tylee and JJ were seen | East Idaho News

The initial visit

JJ was last seen alive on Sept. 23 at Kennedy Elementary School in Rexburg. The next day, Lori told administrators he would no longer be attending and she would now homeschool him. No requests were made for JJ’s transcripts, according to the probable cause.

Police went to Lori’s home on Pioneer Road on Nov. 26 and met with Alex Cox, Lori’s brother, and Chad Daybell, who was outside the residence.

“Chad acted as if he didn’t know Lori very well and stated he didn’t know her phone number,” the probable cause says. “Alex told the detectives that J.V. (Joshua Vallow) was with his grandma, Kay Woodcock, in Louisiana, which was not likely to be true due to the fact that Kay was the individual who first called in a missing child report to the Gilbert Police Department.

Cox told officers Lori might be in apartment 107, but it was vacant. Chad them attempted to drive away and a detective stopped him. Chad told the investigator that the last time he had seen JJ was in apartment 107 in October. He also admitted that he knew Lori’s phone number, according to court documents.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RBM: Wow !

So Chad LIED to LE, attempted to run … and then, in a couple of months, he marries this woman he didn't know very well ? Really ?

AC lied to LE - but he is deceased … how convenient for LV, and maybe CD

MOO
And - “On Dec. 6, 2019, RPD was contacted by (Gibb) and informed that both Chad Daybell and Lori Vallow called Melanie on Nov. 26, 2019, at separate times and asked her to tell police that she had J.V. even though J.V. was not with her,” court documents read. “Melanie informed RPD that she declined Chad’s and Lori’s requests.”

Time’s up for Chad. He better get his full face makeup on, coz their coming for him next!

Police obtained phone records that show Lori, Cox and J.J. went to Yellowstone National Park on Sept. 8. Officers also received a photo of Tylee at the park entrance.

“This is the last time we can find any record of T.R. (Tylee Ryan) being with Lori Vallow. We have found no witnesses who can verify they have seen T.R. since Sept. 8, 2019,” documents say.

Oh goodness. Lots of water and forests up that way.

BBM

Does this have anything to do with the case of the murdered child in West Yellowstone? Haven't followed, just noticed the forum.

This insane, crazy and incredibly alarming story. I tried to follow it when WS first posted it but I literally had such a tough time following it. The cast of characters is just totally bizarre, then you have missing children not seen for months. What?! It wasn't until I listened to Dateline's episode on this case recently that I was finally able to somewhat put this together and follow it.

The mom finally being arrested is huge breaking news.

These poor kids....

My first post on this case. I have following this case and am glad she has finally been arrested. The charge is interesting She has been charged with deserting her children with the intent to abandon them. I am sure most of us will agree the children are not alive as they have not been seen since September. I am wondering why has she not been charged for causing harm to the children since she failed to produce them or give any evidence of them being alive.
I think lack of evidence as to charging her with harming the children. I am guessing LE is hoping the current charges will lead to the truth. I also suspect they were afraid they would leave the country so they charged her with all they could as of now.

Is it likely they met someone at Yellowstone? A prearranged meeting. But, if so we would see some evidence of that from LE and/or legal documents, right? Thinking aloud obviously.

Wow, just heard about this case today and trying to catch up. I remember seeing a local news story last year about CV being shot in self-defense and thinking “something is off with this story” but hadn’t heard anything since then.

:) Hello, and welcome to this case!

It's good to have an AZ attorney here … and hopefully, you can help with the ID laws. I don't recall if there is an ID attorney here and my apologies if I missed it, but if so, the More the Merrier!

:)

So do I but I am VERY afraid to learn any more about it since Yellowstone holds a special place in my heart. I hope they can still gather information from any eyewitnesses, the park would still be quite crowded in early September and there would be tons of people taking photos. Having spent a lot of time in the park, I will say it is very crowded, but if you know where to go and are willing to hike more than a mile- it can get very remote, very fast.

That article was loaded with new facts and details - great work EIN and Nate Eaton! I am glad to read MG did NOT lie for LV, this makes me think they do NOT have loyal followers who would willingly break the law for them. I am horrified that Chad stated Lori was an empty nester to close family.
I am just flabbergasted by all of this, Yellowstone, sheesh, and I am really proud of Melanie. And Chad, throw the book at him big time!! MOO.

Last edited:
From the quoted link above:

The initial visit

JJ was last seen alive on Sept. 23 at Kennedy Elementary School in Rexburg. The next day, Lori told administrators he would no longer be attending and she would now homeschool him. No requests were made for JJ’s transcripts, according to the probable cause.

Police went to Lori’s home on Pioneer Road on Nov. 26 and met with Alex Cox, Lori’s brother, and Chad Daybell, who was outside the residence.

“Chad acted as if he didn’t know Lori very well and stated he didn’t know her phone number,” the probable cause says. “Alex told the detectives that J.V. (Joshua Vallow) was with his grandma, Kay Woodcock, in Louisiana, which was not likely to be true due to the fact that Kay was the individual who first called in a missing child report to the Gilbert Police Department.

Cox told officers Lori might be in apartment 107, but it was vacant. Chad them attempted to drive away and a detective stopped him. Chad told the investigator that the last time he had seen JJ was in apartment 107 in October. He also admitted that he knew Lori’s phone number, according to court documents.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RBM: Wow !

So Chad LIED to LE, attempted to run … and then, in a couple of months, he marries this woman he didn't know very well ? Really ?

AC lied to LE - but he is deceased … how convenient for LV, and maybe CD

MOO
He was already married to her 3 weeks earlier on Nov 5th when he said this !!!!!!!

Liar, liar pants on fire, Chad.

My heart just sank into my stomach. I hope the FBI & rangers are searching that area of the park. I wonder if JJ witnessed something & they realized it around the 23rd. Maybe Tylee was talking about no longer lying re: Charles's murder, so they took a "trip."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SandraGanis