Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM:

Respectfully but vehemently disagree with this suggestion.

There is no evidence to suggest GS "ran away."

There is, in fact, direct evidence to the contrary.

Namely, he's seen leaving in the truck with TS that Monday morning, and TS returning to the house alone in the truck later on that afternoon.

That's why LE reclassified him to "missing endangered."

If he "ran away," LE would not be sifting through snow >40 miles away.

If he "ran away," CSIs would not have been seen carting brown bag after brown bag of evidence from the home.

If he "ran away," DA Dan May would not have gone to the house and stayed for an hour.

This suggestion that GS "ran away" originated from one person.

And it's as plain as the nose on Pinocchio's face:

She lies.

JMO.

If you don't rely 100% on the reported interpretation of the video, most of those statements could still be true, couldn't they (i.e., if he ran away because she hurt him & threatened him and had to escape)? Granted, the location search sites don't easily tie in to the runaway theory, but, IMO, the "brown bag after brown bag" of evidence from the home doesn't easily tie in with a "killed him in the car & dumped him" theory. IMO, NONE of it is plain as day.

(NOTE: I don't think jbennett was stating that as a belief, just as the only scenario available if we take TS out of the equation.)

EPCSheriff on Twitter

All search efforts around HWY 105 have been suspended in the areas we were searching. Teams remain available as investigative leads direct search efforts. INFO: please call our Tip Line at 719-520-6666 or email us at Tips@elpasoco.com. #FindGannon #GannonStauch #Missing #Hopeful

This made my heart sink. :(

BBM:

Namely, he's seen leaving in the truck with TS that Monday morning, and TS returning to the house alone in the truck later on that afternoon.

If he "ran away," CSIs would not have been seen carting brown bag after brown bag of evidence from the home.

If he "ran away," DA Dan May would not have gone to the house and stayed for an hour.

She lies.

JMO.

I agree. I was responding to a question regarding what the scenario could be IF SM wasn't involve. Which I very much think she was, as I stated in the beginning of my reply.

BBM:

She lies.

JMO.

For those of us who question the interpretation of the video, most of those statements could still be true, couldn't they (i.e., if he ran away because she hurt him & threatened him and had to escape)? Granted, the location search sites don't easily tie in to the runaway theory, but, for me, the "brown bag after brown bag of evidence from the home" doesn't easily tie in with a "killed him in the truck & dumped him in record time" theory. IMO, NONE of it is plain as day.

(NOTE: I don't think jbennett was stating that as a belief, just as the only scenario available if we take TS out of the equation.)

BBM:

The reason this particular theory doesn't work for me is that it doesn't fit with her having reported him missing to LE.

If this were some extreme punishment where she dropped him off in a remote location to find his own way home, she wouldn't have alerted police.

Dropping GS off alive somewhere would have been a huge risk, because if found, GS would then be able to recount all the events that transpired leading up to his disappearance.

His disappearance wasn't an extreme punishment.

It was an effort to conceal a crime of violence that had occurred.

The victim of the crime needed to be silenced.

The evidence of the crime needed to be hidden.

That's why GS is missing.

This is all about self-preservation.

JMO.

I am a bit behind so forgive me if its been said,but IMO I think her hand may have been forced re reporting him missing,possibly his father had asked to speak to the children when he called home that day,and she told him Gannon hadnt arrived home yet,and didn't have his phone on him,so after AS had called all Gannons known friends and the neighbour( I don't think this is hearsay but I can't find a source right now so please take it as such) and no one had seen or heard from him,he tipped her hand and told her to call.
I think maybe if he hadn't been contact able she would have waited possibly until the next day. All MOO

I didn't say any of that. But I do think that RD didn't look beyond not seeing Gannon get out on the drivers side. And I don't believe he waited a week to look at 2:15 on his tapes. But I already explained all of that, and I do remain respectful towards other posters.
He had only watched it on his tablet up to that point, plus there's is also audio that was picked up. Something made the dad have the reaction he had. To that. Seeing it on a bigger screen hearing it. If Gannon had gotten out on the other side of the truck I doubt the investigation would be where it is now. I doubt Dan May would have gone to the house himself. LEO themselves stated they don't dispute RD's video, and version. MOO

Okay, I’ll play devil’s advocate here. What would fit the facts that we know thus far but, would not have SM as a murderer?
SM is in some sort of trouble for which she is being blackmailed. (Affair, drugs, sex?)
Blackmailer tells her if she lets him “use” her boy for a couple of hours, he’ll stop blackmailing her.
She drugs Gannon up hoping he will not remember what happened to him. (The neighbor’s video shows a listless Gannon getting into the red truck.)
She drops Gannon off to the blackmailer at a preplanned location north of CS.
She is to pick him up a couple of hours later.
She goes back, but the blackmailer does not show up with Gannon.
She comes home, panics, makes up the runaway story. She digs herself deeper with story changes as police debunk the runaway theory.
She finally tells LE the truth. This would account for her telling us that LE has a description, that Gannon will come home safe, that she would never hurt Gannon. (In her sick mind, she does not believe she is the one responsible, it is the “blackmailer”.)
The police search using her information, but have not been able to find this person or Gannon.
Personally, I don’t believe this is what happened. However, it does fit the odd statements and time frame as we know it.
Thoughts?
Missing 10-year-old Mason County runaway found safe

"He's been grounded from electronics because he's been getting up in the night playing with them and staying up all night on school nights. He got in trouble because he broke the new tablet that I just bought him and his sisters for Christmas, so I said, 'You owe me money because you broke that and now I have to replace it, so you have to work today.' "

Thomas was expected to do some chores such as clean up an outside shed and their bunny cages." (That's what she meant by "work").

As someone from the other side of the US, I just got around to looking up Dan May. Interesting and impressive work history (Head of Homicide among other things), and I notice it's an election year for him which may be another reason he wants to ensure this case is solid before any potential arrest. It's frustrating for us because we all want Gannon to be found ASAP and we know each day he's not home leads us to a bleak realization of what the future likely holds.
BBM:

Dan May is an amazing man who has done a yeoman's work as prosecutor.

He's term-limited as DA, though.
His tenure as DA of the 4th Judicial District term will come to an end after this year's upcoming election.

So, this being an election year is definitely not a consideration for him in this case.
Not that I believe it would have been one for him even if he were up for re-election.

DA May is extremely principled.
He's a man of integrity.
This DA wants to make sure a prosecution case is rock solid for one simple reason:

He wants to deliver justice for Gannon.

Last edited:
You just verified exactly what I said in my post. In my post I said 11 year old's don't "wander away" By your aunt's own words she "ran away"...huge difference.

Actually my cousins own words were and still are what I have in quotations. My aunt and all the family feared she had been kidnapped. Her actually running away on her own never crossed our minds at the time. It could have ended in tragedy but thankfully it didn’t.

I just want to remind everyone of this...I think it is important to note LE has more than 1 POI and believe more than 1 person (LS) has knowledge and information on Gannon’s disappearance. SO who else has info? Who else may have ties to the area they are searching if not LS? And again i’m Only hypothetically speaking and don’t want to accuse anyone. But I think LE has looked into other possibilities and hasn’t ruled out anyone. Moo

The sheriff's office said Feb. 10 that they do have persons of interests, defined as "anyone with information as to Gannon's whereabouts or what lead up to his disappearance."

They have not named any suspects.
ENDANGERED: 11-year-old Colorado b
Yes. SM + her daughter + ? Hypothetical, of course. MOO

Thank you for this Momof4RN.

Bring Gannon home.

Last edited:
If you don't rely 100% on the reported interpretation of the video, most of those statements could still be true, couldn't they (i.e., if he ran away because she hurt him & threatened him and had to escape)? Granted, the location search sites don't easily tie in to the runaway theory, but, IMO, the "brown bag after brown bag" of evidence from the home doesn't easily tie in with a "killed him in the car & dumped him" theory. IMO, NONE of it is plain as day.

Someone wise said something similar on the Kelsey Berreth thread to what I’m going to say now:
If you take TS out of the equation Gannon would still be alive.

KittytheHare said: “Is there any other high point which would have required a much shorter walk but would have needed a 4wd to access it?”

I don’t think “needing a 4wd” should be a factor. Just because she drove a truck doesn’t mean she used the 4wd feature. We don’t know that TS needed 4wd to do whatever she did or to go wherever she went. Like many Coloradans, I drive a 4wd every day. I just happen to have a truck for daily transportation. I only throw it into 4wd a few times a year. Maybe TS routinely drives the pick-up around town. I’m just saying that you could mislead yourself if you consider something a clue/factor when it’s not. Many (if not most) high overlooks in this area could be accessed in any ordinary car.

I would also add that cliff disposal is not likely, IMO. Most real life cliffs have juts and outcroppings that would keep a dropped object from going to the distant bottom. So you’d be stuck looking down at whatever you dropped and it would just be a short distance away instead of WAY down there like you had hoped. Unless you found an actual Wile E. Coyote cliff that tucks back underneath itself. They are plentiful in cartoons but rare in Colorado. JMO

Last edited:
EPCSheriff on Twitter

All search efforts around HWY 105 have been suspended in the areas we were searching. Teams remain available as investigative leads direct search efforts. INFO: please call our Tip Line at 719-520-6666 or email us at Tips@elpasoco.com. #FindGannon #GannonStauch #Missing #Hopeful
Interesting. Only a couple hours of searching today. Maybe they found whatever it was they were looking for? ETA: Can’t think of why else they would restart the search there at all today and then abruptly suspend it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoRo