Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
My thought process is all over the place with this case. I seem to flit from one scenario to another! I think she was never really fond of him due to him not being her own flesh and blood and that maybe the relationship between them both deteriorated over time due to how she treated him. If she is involved, Do i think she intentionally meant for it to go this far... no i don't. I think she's in way over head and is tripping herself up with what she keeps saying. Another thought is maybe GS saw something he shouldn't? Father away all time time.......... Or does this all boil down to her maybe being pure jealous of GS. (Apologies if i've said something i shouldn't... i'm new!)

Welcome new friend!

Actually my cousins own words were and still are what I have in quotations. My aunt and all the family feared she had been kidnapped. Her actually running away on her own never crossed our minds at the time. It could have ended in tragedy but thankfully it didn’t.

Glad it ended safely. Regarding the ran away vs wandered away...
What we’ve got here is a failure to communicate no biggie/mine.

IMO Regarding the Heidi Broussard case, I have really tried to take a step back at times and recall how convinced everyone (myself included) was that a completely innocent man (SC) was involved in his wife & infant daughter's disappearance. I do think we can learn from that case. SC gave two admittedly "bad" interviews in which his body language, behaviors, and demeanor seemed "off." He gave many details about certain times of the day, then glossed over other time periods. He never accounted publicly for a large chunk of the day on which she went missing. They had a rocky (on & off again possibly) relationship. However, guess what? Despite ALL of that, he is completely innocent. So, I do think it is important at times to step back & ask ourselves, "What if?" as it relates to TS. It is a hard pill to swallow & probably not applicable here, but important to keep in mind just in case.

BBM

I too try to give LS the benefit of the doubt.

But SC didn't get caught on CCTV with Heidi and not returning -her friend did which we didn't know about until after.

SC didn't give interviews with his back to the camera.

SC always pleaded for Heidi and their baby, had tears. He didn't make the whole narrative I, I, I, and go on and on about how he felt threatened and wronged.

I too thoughts his language choice was odd, and if this was all we had on LS then I would be holding back my judgement too.

But she just seems to not CARE about Gannon at all. Sure she looked after him, and did all the actions. But her interview and meanness to BM convinces me she doesn't care about Gannon.

I think she is so adamant he is coming back because she is a LIAR and will continue hammering that narrative until proven otherwise. I think she has either hidden him well (in her mind) or has set it up (say left him on a trail area) so it will look like when he is found that he had run away.

How on earth can she not be considering abduction? She has always said he ran away, the fact she didn't fear the one thing any normal parent would think but dread too again is just weird.

The CCTV for me just says it all. She lied. He didn't leave the house as she said , he actually didn't return with her.

IMOO MOO

Although I tend to believe he did come back to the house, he very well could have "run away" from the truck while she was doing the shopping errands we can't mention here.
This just reminded me of a time when I was 12 and we were headed home from the beach. 3 caravans full of family members. Made a stop at gas station. I went in to use bathroom and came out and everyone was gone! Thankfully didn’t take my parents long to realize they were missing a kid and they turned back around to come get me.
Of course G wasn’t with a big group but maybe TS was distracted and didn’t realize he got out of the truck? Noticed later down the road doubled back. Drove around looking? Far stretch cuz I would have immediately called 911. But maybe. Moo

EPCSheriff on Twitter

All search efforts around HWY 105 have been suspended in the areas we were searching. Teams remain available as investigative leads direct search efforts. INFO: please call our Tip Line at 719-520-6666 or email us at Tips@elpasoco.com. #FindGannon #GannonStauch #Missing #Hopeful

Yep I can confirm that I didn't see searchers today. There was one car in the staging area/parking lot. The cell tower is still there along with two port-a-potties.

I'd be curious if TS always has difficulties backing up into her driveway or if there was some reason she seemed to have difficulties on 1/27.
I tend to think it's because she either doesn't normally drive the truck or she doesn't normally back in the driveway.
I back in my driveway every day and the only time I have trouble is when I drive a vehicle I'm not used to. Otherwise, I have whipping mine around to a science.

Hmmm. I think the only way a body would be visible is if someone walked up the edge where he was dumped or if someone actually saw her do it. There isn't access to the bottom of the cliffs and with trees on the side of the mountain, I'm not sure he would be that obvious. And FWIW, Noe Road is .8 mile from the trailhead. LE seems to have a reason to believe items were dumped along Noe Road.

I agree that the most likely reason this isn't a likely scenario is that LE isn't searching there.
I wish I knew what they were looking for along Noe Road near Greenland Road. Unlike the S-curve, that area doesn't get much if any trash at all. I did find a winter headband there I think in the December time frame (I think), which I thought at the time was strange to find, but not outlandish.

Interesting. Only a couple hours of searching today. Maybe they found whatever it was they were looking for? ETA: Can’t think of why else they would restart the search there at all today and then abruptly suspend it.

I have seen searches suspended when LE investigators have stronger info, i.e. a find, a confession, or more compelling evidence leading them in a different direction. Here's to hoping.

I'd be curious if TS always has difficulties backing up into her driveway or if there was some reason she seemed to have difficulties on 1/2

Do we know if SM's older daughter is over the age of 18?

Kind of looked like she was trying to back in straight maybe? I think her daughter's 17.

The original video should present a clear detailed recording and have sound. A clear bright view with no room for error mistaking the two people getting into that truck when it left and the one person getting out when it returned.

Are these particular cameras' audio from that distance able to pick up the sound of a vehicle door opening and closing? What about even softer sounds like foot steps? Maybe a front door swinging more than once, but not necessarily closing in between? I'd assume they could also pick up conversations as well.

KittytheHare said: “Is there any other high point which would have required a much shorter walk but would have needed a 4wd to access it?”

I don’t think “needing a 4wd” should be a factor. Just because she drove a truck doesn’t mean she used the 4wd feature. We don’t know that TS needed 4wd to do whatever she did or to go wherever she went. Like many Coloradans, I drive a 4wd every day. I just happen to have a truck for daily transportation. I only throw it into 4wd a few times a year. Maybe TS routinely drives the pick-up around town. I’m just saying that you could mislead yourself if you consider something a clue/factor when it’s not. Many (if not most) high overlooks in this area could be accessed in any ordinary car.

I would also add that cliff disposal is not likely, IMO. Most real life cliffs have juts and outcroppings that would keep a dropped object from going to the distant bottom. So you’d be stuck looking down at whatever you dropped and it would just be a short distance away instead of WAY down there like you had hoped. Unless you found an actual Wile E. Coyote cliff that tucks back underneath itself. They are plentiful in cartoons but rare in Colorado. JMO
My QUESTION included the 4wd because I want to look at that specifically.
I'm not sure whether she had a choice of vehicles, for my question, I'll assume she had, just for my question.. We know she did use it.

Is there still any consideration for the theory that she took him somewhere, injured/drugged (based on video movements) and pushed him/took him out of the truck and then left? That he was disoriented and wandered into the woods? This would confirm her 'statements' that she did not hurt him.

This is my theory too. However I think he was very injured at this point. But still alive. He couldn't have died in the car because surely the dogs would hit on that and that would give LE enough to arrest her.

MOO

EPCSheriff on Twitter

All search efforts around HWY 105 have been suspended in the areas we were searching. Teams remain available as investigative leads direct search efforts. INFO: please call our Tip Line at 719-520-6666 or email us at Tips@elpasoco.com. #FindGannon #GannonStauch #Missing #Hopeful

Seeing this made my heart drop!! The only thing I can think is that they found what they were looking for yesterday? I was just coming to post that it's going to be good weather & at least 50 F today & tomorrow, so good chance for some decent snow melt. I was hoping they would put some drones up over those areas to see if anything becomes exposed as the snow melts. More snow & below freezing temps expected on Sunday, so these 2 days are a prime window for searching and finding evidence or Gannon!

I'd be curious if TS always has difficulties backing up into her driveway or if there was some reason she seemed to have difficulties on 1/27.
Backing a long truck into a short driveway often takes more than one try to get it straight. Many of the newer subdivisions like Lorson Ranch seem to design driveways for compact cars. It’s even trickier if the garage door is closed because you might actually hit it. I thought I was clear one time but forgot I had a trailer hitch attached from a recent haul. Oops. Another factor is that uphill driveway backing reduces over-the-shoulder visibility since the tailgate is raised up behind you obscuring your view. These things happen. I wouldn’t look sideways at her truck-backing skills as some sort of clue. I would however say that it is odd to back the truck up to the house just to let a passenger get in. That’s what stood out to me. Either:
A. Passenger has serious injury/ailment
B. Need to load something very heavy
C. Both

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors