Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have seen searches suspended when LE investigators have stronger info, i.e. a find, a confession, or more compelling evidence leading them in a different direction. Here's to hoping.
So am I allowed to imagine that G found his way home and just walked thru his front door?
What an awesome miracle that would be.

Port-a-potties have always freaked me out for some reason. Are there lots of them around the trails?
No, they are not on the trail. There are some on the various trailheads. I can't remember if Spruce Mt has one at the public trailhead. They are serviced routinely by the county so...I don't personally see anything nefarious there, but JMO.

I am new to websleuth, so please bear with. Question, if LE was able to verify from video that GS returned home with SM, does it seem that the investigation would have taken a different trajectory? Any thoughts?
I absolutely think if LE was able to see Gannon on the trip home they would’ve said that. This investigation (on the public side) has been very heavy on TS being involved. The sheriff’s department has made several comments about social media being a hinderance. If they really felt TS and Gannon returned together, I imagine they would’ve already stressed that to put the social media storm at bay. But they haven’t.

If it turns out (which I doubt) who I believe responsible isn't, there will be no apology from me. Her back to the camera interview did it for me. Such vile words concerning Landen. At the very least she has shown me she is a very cold calculated woman. Among other things......

My guess is that they are all keeping quite a distance from her. Just MOO.

As far as the driveway video, the quality (or lack thereof) is so bad I honestly can't make too much out. Old lady eyes and all that...but, to beat an already pulverized equine, it doesn't seem to me that there is even a question of who is on it. Why on earth would the neighbor lie about it?
I think that if the adult in the video was not TS, coming and returning, she would have asserted this in her statement (the one where she said the video had been "cleared").
I think that is less likely if the child figure is someone dressed up to pose as GS, but I also think that one of the first things LE probably tried to establish was the Monday whereabouts of everyone in the household, at work and school and anywhere else.

I absolutely think if LE was able to see Gannon on the trip home they would’ve said that. This investigation (on the public side) has been very heavy on TS being involved. The sheriff’s department has made several comments about social media being a hinderance. If they really felt TS and Gannon returned together, I imagine they would’ve already stressed that to put the social media storm at bay. But they haven’t.
I couldn't have said it any better!

"Innocent until proven guilty" is for the court of law. In our country, it's the government's obligation to make the case of guilt before convicting someone and taking away their liberty. The accused person is not obligated to prove innocence.

WS is not a court of law. This is a crime discussion board. Speculation is allowed here, within the reasonable WS rules that hold the discussions to a higher standard than gossip.

If something walks like a duck, looks like a duck, turns its back on the camera to quack like a duck.....it's very possible "the herd" will think, "that's a duck."

There is no obligation to conclude something is a duck, though! Maybe the duck is a goose. Alternative ideas are welcome on the board.

jmopinion
I’ll try not to take this personally... ;)
- Grateful4Goose

Last edited:
Bolded and Reddened by me:

Outstanding point, and an outstanding post!

This statement in red you've just quoted, which many of us recognize as being a truncated version of the infamous "MassGuy Theorem," applies as equally here in GS's case as it did in KB's.

Every once in a (great) while, @MassGuy (occasionally) outdoes himself.

He did it with that simple, yet brilliant, analysis in the Kelsey case.
Amen! Now we can all use it. Great statement.

ETA: I would have asked MassGuys permission to quote him but I see he isn’t here just yet. His statement is just so appropriate!

Last edited:
My little cousin “wandered away” when she was 12 years old. She’s 30 now and has a child of her own and a very successful career in counseling. At the time, she was upset at her mother, my aunt for taking away her cell phone and grounding her for bad grades. So, in her now infamous words, she wanted to “teach her mom a lesson for being mean to her” so she ran away! She was gone for two days before she was found at a friends house on a Sunday night...
I bet if cameras on houses were as common 18 years ago as they are today, your cousin would have been spotted on one as she wandered away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Witchee