Found Deceased TN - Evelyn Boswell, 15 months, Sullivan County, 26 DEC 2019 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assuming that Evelyn is alive, Does this MB not understand that if she does not help LE and / or produce the child then she will NEVER have custody of her baby again? She may not even get visitation. This is why I can’t buy that she is just keeping Evelyn hidden. If she caress enough about her to hide her, then surely she would be motivated by the idea of NEVER seeing the child again to cooperate.
I’m actually confused about what laws MB’s breaking, if Evelyn is alive and she knows where and who has her. Since she has custody and could technically “give permission” for Evelyn to “visit” somewhere without her. Like parents that send their kids to spend months over the summer with relatives out of state, etc.
Until LE actually charges her with something stating she has X amount of time to produce Evelyn, is she actual at risk of anything legal?

I’m actually confused about what laws MB’s breaking, if Evelyn is alive and she knows where and who has her. Since she has custody and could technically “give permission” for Evelyn to “visit” somewhere without her. Like parents that send their kids to spend months over the summer with relatives out of state, etc.
Until LE actually charges her with something stating she has X amount of time to produce Evelyn, is she actual at risk of anything legal?

Good questions. I am confused about the process of this too. It would seem to me that since they know what she's saying isn't accurate they could take her into custody. I am heartbroken to think all this time has passed, it's as if no one cared about Evelyn.

There is an ongoing investigation and if MB is lying to the police she can be charged with obstruction of justice. However, the goal here is to find Evelyn. If LE thinks arresting MB will help find Evelyn, they may do that. MOO

You are allowed to let your child stay with a responsible adult. The problem here is that DCS launched an investigation. If there's concern for the welfare of the child, they need access to the child. She could easily tell them where she is & they'd go from there. She obviously hasn't produced the child, so she's interfering in their investigation. DCS wouldn't go to the police if she was legitimately staying with a friend or family member.

I find it strange that the Grandfather called DCS instead of LE to report Evelyn missing. Why would you call DCS unless maybe they were already involved with an open case involving Evelyn?

I think that MB told her Dad that DCS took Evelyn, so he called them to confirm that they had taken custody.
They had not.

Pushing the date back from Dec 26th to Dec 10/11 isn't good either. With the very specific clothing description that was given for the amber alert, I assumed that info came from a photo, not someone's memory of what a baby was wearing 2 months ago. But if they can no longer be sure of the 26th date, I'm guessing that means there was NOT a photo? And no photos of Evelyn, from mom or ANYONE else between 10th/11th to the 26th? That's not a good sign.

She has custody, doesn't mean Dad doesn't have visitation. If she doesn't produce the child and Dad can't exercise his parenting time, whether it be via phone, skype, etc., she can be charged with violation of the family court order. Maybe she was supposed to allow Dad's parents contact with the child and hasn't done so? It may all be family court, but legal issues nonetheless.

Even if mom gave the baby to another adult to care for...why can’t she produce her??
That’s one of my questions. I think it’s less “can’t” and more “won’t”. She’s being purposefully misleading. My gut says she knows exactly who has her, and won’t say. The why, for me, is the big question.

I think that MB told her Dad that DCS took Evelyn, so he called them to confirm that they had taken custody.
They had not.

I'm pretty sure MB's father is still in jail. I think it was her grandfather who reported Evelyn missing. I could be wrong though...my batting average today has been pretty lousy.

Anyone else wondering why mom hasn't been arrested for obstructing an investigation? If she's not being truthful and LE knows it why is she not in custody? This is critical imo. She has custody and is responsible for the well being of a child that is missing. I am so confused about this.

Honestly...once she gets a lawyer she's not going to talk at all! LE has three possible outcomes here: 1) find Evelyn safely, 2) find Evelyn's body and sufficient evidence to charge someone, 3) not find Evelyn and try to make a case against someone without direct physical evidence.

1 is best, 2 can be prosecuted, 3 is a prosecutorial nightmare. LE is likely hoping there are kernels of truth in what she's saying enough that they can get to 1 or 2. If they reach a dead end they may get fed up and charge her under the theory that more pressure may make her talk. It doesn't always work - a smug client and a good lawyer are never great for an investigation. Some defendants just clam up even more under the advice of counsel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member