LA LA - Dorothy Yates-McCathran, 40, left purse, ID & food cooking, Vivian, 21 Jan 2020

PommyMommy

#ShinelikeShanann
Reaction score
CPSO seeks help finding missing Vivian woman

Dorothy-Yates-McCathran-40.jpg

According to CPSO, 40-year-old Dorothy Yates-McCathran was reported missing from her home in the 10000 block of Vivian Airport Road.
  • Her family says they have not heard from her since Tuesday, Jan. 21.
  • She is described as weighing about 110 pounds and has short brown hair.
Anyone with information about Yate-McCathran’s whereabouts is urged to contact the Caddo Parish Sheriff’s Office at (318) 675-2170 or Detective Matt Purgerson at 675-2170.

FEB 1, 2020
Caddo Sheriff’s Office needs help locating missing Vivian mother
  • Dorothy is also known as "Dottie."
  • A drone was used in a search for her and dogs are likely to be used next.
  • Her mother desribes Dorothy as being crafty, outgoing, has lots of friends and a contagious laugh.
  • She is also the mother of a 6-year-old girl and a 14-year-old boy.

Caddo Parish Sheriff's Office post about Dorothy, which also includes 10 photos if you follow the link:

Caddo Parish Sheriff's Office

"Caddo Parish Sheriff's Office added 17 new photos to the album: CPSO continues search for missing woman — in Vivian, Louisiana.
February 4 at 6:13 PM ·
Caddo deputies were back in Vivian this week searching several acres near the home of a missing woman, said Sheriff Steve Prator.

Deputies are looking for Dorothy “Dottie” Yates-McCathran, 40, who was last seen at her residence in the 10000 block of Vivian Airport Road on January 21.

This was the third visit to the property. Detectives have already searched McCathran’s home and vehicles, interviewed neighbors, and conducted an aerial search by the department’s drone unit. They were joined by the Shreveport Fire Department K-9 Search and Rescue Task Force, Ark-La- Tex K-9 Search and Rescue Team and K-9 Spirit and conducted a second aerial search.

McCathran is a white female, 5’3, 110 pounds, with brown eyes and short brown hair.

Anyone with information about her location is asked to contact Det. Matt Purgerson at 675-2170."

Caddo Parish Sheriff's Office post about Dorothy, which also includes 10 photos if you follow the link:

Caddo Parish Sheriff's Office

"Caddo Parish Sheriff's Office added 17 new photos to the album: CPSO continues search for missing woman — in Vivian, Louisiana.
February 4 at 6:13 PM ·
Caddo deputies were back in Vivian this week searching several acres near the home of a missing woman, said Sheriff Steve Prator.

Deputies are looking for Dorothy “Dottie” Yates-McCathran, 40, who was last seen at her residence in the 10000 block of Vivian Airport Road on January 21.

This was the third visit to the property. Detectives have already searched McCathran’s home and vehicles, interviewed neighbors, and conducted an aerial search by the department’s drone unit. They were joined by the Shreveport Fire Department K-9 Search and Rescue Task Force, Ark-La- Tex K-9 Search and Rescue Team and K-9 Spirit and conducted a second aerial search.

McCathran is a white female, 5’3, 110 pounds, with brown eyes and short brown hair.

Anyone with information about her location is asked to contact Det. Matt Purgerson at 675-2170."
CPSO posted in comments:

84274411_2786183398140184_423040169688432640_o.jpg

Thank you for posting this thread!! I am local to this case, and our community is perplexed. Although there have been some rumors around town. If she has been disappeared by someone, the area is FULL of rural wooded places. MOO
Hi Gigi, you know we love our locals! :)

Are you aware of anything that would link her case to the disappearances of GW and JH? I admit that I haven't looked at these as closely as I'd like but I haven't seen anything that jumps out at me. MOO

Family of missing Louisiana woman speaks out in hopes of bringing her home

DYM was last seen in Jan at her home off Airport Road in Vivian.

Two days after she went missing, her husband called and told us that he had gone to town and when he came home, she wasn’t there. She didn’t take the vehicle and he couldn’t tell that anybody had come by or anything, but she was not there at that time,” said McCathran mother, Martha Mullins.

Her mother says Dorothy’s husband thought she was staying with a friend.

”Thinking maybe she was going to come back, maybe she was just gone and spent a night with a friend or something because she has done that before but never for this length of time.”

Mullins says her daughter went missing the day after her daughter’s sixth birthday.

“We kind of felt like that they might find a body when they did that search, but they didn’t. So there is still hope that she is alive.”

Family of missing Louisiana woman speaks out in hopes of bringing her home

DYM was last seen in Jan at her home off Airport Road in Vivian.

Two days after she went missing, her husband called and told us that he had gone to town and when he came home, she wasn’t there. She didn’t take the vehicle and he couldn’t tell that anybody had come by or anything, but she was not there at that time,” said McCathran mother, Martha Mullins.

Her mother says Dorothy’s husband thought she was staying with a friend.

”Thinking maybe she was going to come back, maybe she was just gone and spent a night with a friend or something because she has done that before but never for this length of time.”

Mullins says her daughter went missing the day after her daughter’s sixth birthday.

“We kind of felt like that they might find a body when they did that search, but they didn’t. So there is still hope that she is alive.”

If my husband came home from an errand and I wasn’t there, hadn’t taken the car, and didn’t leave a note or send a text to let him know where I was, he would be checking with everyone I knew in a matter of hours, not days, when I didn’t show back up. This sounds awfully fishy to me.

If my husband came home from an errand and I wasn’t there, hadn’t taken the car, and didn’t leave a note or send a text to let him know where I was, he would be checking with everyone I knew in a matter of hours, not days, when I didn’t show back up. This sounds awfully fishy to me.
I was thinking the exact same thing! There’s no way my husband or myself would think “probably staying with a friend” and let days go by before checking it out. But that’s me personally! Sounding fishy indeed. JMO!

Dorothy Yates McCathran never worked with either of these men, nor did she know them, from what her mother says. My son dated Dorothy in high school. I wish they would give her case the attention that Garrett Wilson and John Hardy's received

Last edited:
I was thinking the exact same thing! There’s no way my husband or myself would think “probably staying with a friend” and let days go by before checking it out. But that’s me personally! Sounding fishy indeed. JMO!
Absolutely agree. I can’t say much for fear of TOS, but MOO the husband hangs around some not so savory characters.

Absolutely agree. I can’t say much for fear of TOS, but MOO the husband hangs around some not so savory characters.
I am local, my son dated Dorothy in high school and you are correct on several of your thoughts. People thinking she was linked to Garrett Wilson and John Hardy, has kept her name out there, but there is no connection.
Timeline as I know it.
1-21-20 Dorothy is last seen
1-27-20 Mother makes post asking for help in finding Dorothy. Her children do not know, wants to keep it that way for now.
1-30-20 local media picks up the story.
2-1-20 Facebook page " Find Dorothy Yates-McCathran" set up
2-2-20 Flyers are put out around town.
I hate this case is not getting much attention at all. The husband has never appeared in any way to ask for help, tips, etc. Her mother was interviewed by one local news outlet. She is praying.
It was extremely rainy here for a while, which delayed the use of dogs.
One of the pictures released, Dorothy has her hair up and looks a little rough, probably more indictative of how she looks now. This was taken the day she had her daughter.
I would hate to think her choice of lifestyle is hindering the coverage of her disappearance.
We have all followed enough cases to connect the dots here.

I am local, my son dated Dorothy in high school and you are correct on several of your thoughts. People thinking she was linked to Garrett Wilson and John Hardy, has kept her name out there, but there is no connection.
Timeline as I know it.
1-21-20 Dorothy is last seen
1-27-20 Mother makes post asking for help in finding Dorothy. Her children do not know, wants to keep it that way for now.
1-30-20 local media picks up the story.
2-1-20 Facebook page " Find Dorothy Yates-McCathran" set up
2-2-20 Flyers are put out around town.
I hate this case is not getting much attention at all. The husband has never appeared in any way to ask for help, tips, etc. Her mother was interviewed by one local news outlet. She is praying.
It was extremely rainy here for a while, which delayed the use of dogs.
One of the pictures released, Dorothy has her hair up and looks a little rough, probably more indictative of how she looks now. This was taken the day she had her daughter.
I would hate to think her choice of lifestyle is hindering the coverage of her disappearance.
We have all followed enough cases to connect the dots here.
Absolutely agree with everything you’ve said! I’ve been asking around and trying to keep her name out there because this is ridiculous! I mean more people should be outraged that this woman is missing in our small town!!

I was told that someone keeps taking some of her missing signs down around town which I find to be very strange. I have a friend that works at one of the local stores where this is happening, and she’s going to see if she can figure out who’s behind it! MOO

Also, I took a little drive out that way Tuesday afternoon, and that area is still pretty saturated in spots.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
galesr
Back