Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom, arrested* #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Essentially the same as no bail... because normal everyday people wouldn't post $500k they'll never get back for a week of freedom. We all assume she'd be back in jail in no time and it would be fruitless. But these people have consistently made decisions to do things the rest of us exclaim "you'll never get away with that!" about. And so far, they've been emboldened by actually getting away with them.

Plus, if Chad thinks he HAS to stop her from telling police anything, and if he leaves her to rot she'll roll on him, that could be a strong motivator!

ETA: If they think something end-of-the-world important is going to happen shortly, and they're on some "spiritual mission," they wouldn't be operating on the same guidelines as the rest of us.

But bail isn't going to happen because no bail bondsman is going to risk the $5 million even if Lori can come up with the $500,000 fee and even less likely is them coming up with the full $5 million. Unless Lori has something going on with ... I don't know, the head of Melaleuca or something even more off the wall. :)

MOO

IMO, Lori's endgame was always: beach life in Kauai.

She killed Charles to get the insurance money to live the dream. That didn't we work as expected because he'd changed his beneficiary.

So she had to reexamine her options. She charmed Chad we with her rapt interest in his visions, and slow-played him to get access to his wife's life insurance money to facilitate the Kauai dream. Love, for her at least, had nothing to do with any of it.

Her only constant and abiding love is for Kauai.

I just don't get how "prepping" in the way I understand it ( year's supply, rainwater harvesting, solar/offgrid, etc) or sheltering in place reconciles with Chad and Lori's "vision" of leading people to flee into the mountains..would the followers just leave everything they've stockpiled behind? Is there supposedly an existing place with all these supplies just waiting for Chad and Lori once they get back from their tropical vacation? I haven't read Chad's books though,so I guess I just don't get it, but none of it seems at all logical or practical in the sense that normal people stocking up for emergencies would be. Moo.

You're right, it doesn't. I haven't read Chad's books, but the point I was going for and maybe missed is something that makes sense to do and can easily be justified in taking it to a certain level (years supply, a certain amount of emergency preparedness) can become a problem when taken to an extreme. It feels like Chad and Lori and at least a subset of at least one (maybe two) of the organized groups Chad has ties to might be to that point.

But bail isn't going to happen because no bail bondsman is going to risk the $5 million even if Lori can come up with the $500,000 fee and even less likely is them coming up with the full $5 million. Unless Lori has something going on with ... I don't know, the head of Melaleuca or something even more off the wall. :)

MOO
OMG!! This made me LOL.

She killed Charles to get the insurance money to live the dream. That didn't we work as expected because he'd changed his beneficiary.

So she had to reexamine her options. She charmed Chad we with her rapt interest in his visions, and slow-played him to get access to his wife's life insurance money to facilitate the Kauai dream. Love, for her at least, had nothing to do with any of it.

Who was his beneficiary and wonder when he changed it?

I have been lurking and trying to catch up for weeks, literally. But I finally have so I have another thought to add, just some cultural insight.

LDS people do believe in preparedness, and we are taught it's a good thing. We are advised to prepare financially to be out of debt and have some back up savings in case of long term illness or accident, or loss of employment. We are taught to have 72 kits or bug out bags and emergency plans in case of house fire, or natural disaster and so on. We are taught to have food storage in case of shortages, employment gaps, or even possible quarantine situations... Just general concepts of being prepared because it promotes faith instead of fear - and financially it's just wise.

Prepping is taking this to more of a hobby level and sometimes to extreme levels. My own father went through a prepper stage where he built a brick oven in the yard for outdoor cooking in case they needed it. They dug a well so they have water supply not connected to the city if they need it. They have a solar generator and battery storage unit in a faraday cage as well as about 2+ years food storage for them and many others. This is beyond what is currently counseled by the church. They have done so because they can and because they want to, but that level is not part of any of our specific beliefs.

My reason for being interested in this case is that I'm not close enough to be a VI sort of person, but I'm one step away in many directions. I'm part of many groups of people who study the end times prophecies, and have heard a lot of these various ideas. I have rejected the ones that are not doctrinal and more extreme... but I have been invited to events by that company we don't name, and I have been invited to join AVOW by various people. I have an uncle who goes to AVOW to talk with his ham radio buddies. (another prepping concept) I know two authors that published through Chad personally, and one of them is a VERY close friend an she was the one who told me about this case. We talk at least weekly. Facebook seems to think that Jason Mow should be my friend as he's at the top of all the suggestions they give because of so many mutual friends.

Because of that.. here's what I'm seeing - There are many who study and are interested in the end times type things in the LDS church. There are three types. The first type sticks only to scriptures and prophetic sayings. The second type looks beyond that and includes personal revelation, discussion with others about non doctrinal speculation... and the third type is so HUNGRY for this kind of stuff not coming directly from the church leadership and the pulpit that they cling to anyone claiming to have more info, people like JR the author and Chad and so on... Lori fits this third type to a T but add in some serious psychosis and fanaticism. It's that third group that are the ones who go off the rails and go looking for anything to satisfy curiosity and impatience in this regard. I recently explained to someone else that though the LDS church says "latter-day" referring to last days type of things, they were named this back in 1830... it's been almost 2 centuries of "last days". This third kind of person is not always involved with AVOW and with that group we don't name or even with cultish behavior - BUT a subset of that sort is! I've suddenly become aware of how many on my friends lists on social media are in that kind of mindset. It's made me a little sick to see how close it is to me all over the place.

The trend I've seen is that third group, especially when radicalized like Lori and Chad seem to be - tend to go pretty drastic and do really strange things believing angels and God are instructing them to do so. I learned yesterday there is a girl I grew up with who is also part of Chad's group, was told by this group that she is one of the 144k and so she divorced her husband and moved to Missouri and is in "waiting" to be called upon. This kind of behavior in the third type I named has been spoken against by church leadership over and over and over again as recently as last October's conference for the worldwide church.

Not sure if all this rambling helps anything... just some insight I guess. (I'm sorry I'm long winded)

Last edited:

I would be fine with her staying in Kauai for life, in prison. But, she committed her crimes on the mainland. Aloha.

Idaho has some excellent accommodations for Lori. A bit chilly in the winter though.

Since it was a new thread, I just read the intro threads thoroughly again. This is one of the most intriguing cases with its crossed webs. Shanann Watts (Chris Watts), Kelsey Berreth (Patrick Frazee) and Travis Alexander (Jodi Arias) were comparatively straight forward compared to this. Looking for motive still. The closest I can come is that comment on Dateline that LV wanted to save her children from the exposure of the end times which she didn't want "them to go through." I thought maybe Tylee saw more than she let on with the murder of CV, but I'm not so sure now. LV seems like an on and off nutcase, whichever suits her at the moment. Why the seduction of CDaybell? Why the sudden marriage of LV's bro AC that finds him dead weeks later? Why the death of TDaybell? Why the fall of CDaybell from being apparently respected? Why the attempt on Melani's ex's life? (maybe THAT was all about custody, but why the shot fired from dead CV's jeep?) The trail of dead bodies and ruined lives that follow this woman are gobsmacking.

I'm chalking this up to a very deranged Mid-Life crisis for LV - AC & CD... I honestly think AC was the henchman in most of these crimes. AC was so unhinged from reality that he pulled a drive-by on BB... anyone who's willing to go through with the task of doing a DRIVE-BY is insane... I think he ultimately brought the children to their fate's unfortantly.. it's the only thing that sort of makes sense at this point. I want to believe they are still alive ,but when I heard LV & AC went to Yellowstone and Tylee was never seen again.. that was the nail in the coffin MOO

Didn't the paperwork say that they saw Alex leaving the park with Lori and JJ? Tylee would have to have left alone. If she knew they were going to be in West Yellowstone, she could have prepared to run. Once she got to any of those larger towns, she could get to anywhere.

I hope she did, but I really don't see a lot of room for any theory other than that she's still in the park somewhere. I'd like to, but I just can't.

I don't think it says they saw anyone leaving the park, period. It says they saw all 4 entering the park and found a picture of Tylee that Lori (or her device) took that was in the park. That picture in the park is the last they know where and when Tylee was for sure. They know the others left the park because they've all been seen or recorded since, JJ (the doorbell video a few days later as well as at school until the 23rd, Lori all over including court yesterday, and Alex several places until his death a couple months later). But at least as far as they are saying they don't know that Tylee didn't leave Yellowstone or when and what route any of them left it.

Last edited:

Her and Chad had been communicating salaciously long before Charles even changed his beneficiary, let alone when Lori found out.

Considering this is husband #5, I simply think Lori gets very bored after a while and needs things new and fresh. Enter Chad and his crazy visions.

I just don't get how "prepping" in the way I understand it ( year's supply, rainwater harvesting, solar/offgrid, etc) or sheltering in place reconciles with Chad and Lori's "vision" of leading people to flee into the mountains..would the followers just leave everything they've stockpiled behind? Is there supposedly an existing place with all these supplies just waiting for Chad and Lori once they get back from their tropical vacation? I haven't read Chad's books though,so I guess I just don't get it, but none of it seems at all logical or practical in the sense that normal people stocking up for emergencies would be. Moo.
The hardcore peppers have their stocked bunker ready in the “hills”. When the “enemy” is coming or the warning otherwise rings out, they have a go bag and they are ready to go in minutes. As I understand it.

I just want enough food and propane for a couple of weeks power failure, which does happen from time to time where I live. Honestly ITSHTF I would be afraid the mountains are where those “authorities” will be looking. They are not likely to be as concerned with me in the immediate scheme of things. MOO

So....I'm just getting the impact of this. Even Lori's iCloud has no photos of Tylee after that. She didn't take one, nobody sent her one that she saved. NOT ONE PHOTO of her teen daughter in her iPhone in five months.

I'd be curious how often there were pictures of Tylee prior to that and how many pictures and of who before and after. Some people (the guy I see in the mirror) doesn't take a ton of pictures even though I spend a ton of time with my grandkids, but odds are if I take one of them to Yellowstone I'm going to snap a few (and I've taken them all to the Yellowstone area at least a few times). To be clear, I think it is worisome that Lori hasn't taken a picture of Tylee for 5 months, but how worisome that is depends on what the norm for Lori is. MOO.

I have been lurking and trying to catch up for weeks, literally. But I finally have so I have another thought to add, just some cultural insight.

LDS people do believe in preparedness, and we are taught it's a good thing. We are advised to prepare financially to be out of debt and have some back up savings in case of long term illness or accident, or loss of employment. We are taught to have 72 kits or bug out bags and emergency plans in case of house fire, or natural disaster and so on. We are taught to have food storage in case of shortages, employment gaps, or even possible quarantine situations... Just general concepts of being prepared because it promotes faith instead of fear - and financially it's just wise.

Prepping is taking this to more of a hobby level and sometimes to extreme levels. My own father went through a prepper stage where he built a brick oven in the yard for outdoor cooking in case they needed it. They dug a well so they have water supply not connected to the city if they need it. They have a solar generator and battery storage unit in a faraday cage as well as about 2+ years food storage for them and many others. This is beyond what is currently counseled by the church. They have done so because they can and because they want to, but that level is not part of any of our specific beliefs.

My reason for being interested in this case is that I'm not close enough to be a VI sort of person, but I'm one step away in many directions. I'm part of many groups of people who study the end times prophecies, and have heard a lot of these various ideas. I have rejected the ones that are not doctrinal and more extreme... but I have been invited to events by that company we don't name, and I have been invited to join AVOW by various people. I have an uncle who goes to AVOW to talk with his ham radio buddies. (another prepping concept) I know two authors that published through Chad personally, and one of them is a VERY close friend an she was the one who told me about this case. We talk at least weekly. Facebook seems to think that Jason Mow should be my friend as he's at the top of all the suggestions they give because of so many mutual friends.

Because of that.. here's what I'm seeing - There are many who study and are interested in the end times type things in the LDS church. There are three types. The first type sticks only to scriptures and prophetic sayings. The second time looks beyond that and includes personal revelation, discussion with others about non doctrinal speculation... and the third time is so HUNGRY for this kind of stuff not coming directly from the church leadership and the pulpit that they cling to anyone claiming to have more info, people like JR the author and Chad and so on... Lori fits this third type to a T but add in some serious psychosis and fanaticism. It's that third group that are the ones who go off the rails and go looking for anything to satisfy curiosity and impatience in this regard. I recently explained to someone else that though the LDS church says "latter-day" referring to last days type of things, they were named this back in 1830... it's been almost 2 centuries of "last days". This third kind of person is not always involved with AVOW and with that group we don't name or even with cultish behavior - BUT a subset of that sort is! I've suddenly become aware of how many on my friends lists on social media are in that kind of mindset. It's made me a little sick to see how close it is to me all over the place.

The trend I've seen is that third group, especially when radicalized like Lori and Chad seem to be - tend to go pretty drastic and do really strange things believing angels and God are instructing them to do so. I learned yesterday there is a girl I grew up with who is also part of Chad's group, was told by this group that she is one of the 144k and so she divorced her husband and moved to Missouri and is in "waiting" to be called upon.

Not sure if all this rambling helps anything... just some insight I guess. (I'm sorry I'm long winded)

Religion is honestly a very scary thing when taken to these LV and CD levels. I am not going to tell you how to live your life, but the fact that you are a few steps away from .... some levels of this is .... strange to say. I wish you the best. You still have time to convert to Scientology and L. Ron Hubbard will let you meet Xenu and their Galactic gods for the low price of your annual salary + everything in your savings account!! :) moo moo

I wonder who the dark haired woman is who visited Lori in this video a month after JJ was last seen?
Daybells' neighbor in Idaho captures last known video of JJ Vallow 1:13 in the video.
The woman is tall and also walks with a bit of hunched shoulders (again, it's a tall thing like Chad). Arms wide and waving either for balance or excited. Long dark brown hair. She's tall. As you see her get to the door, she's nearly as tall or possibly taller on the concrete pavement as Lori is in the house up the step.
Attached is my estimation of the step height. The photos show what I mean by height comparison as well as the photo of unit 175 (Lori's unit). If the door is standard 80 inches tall, the step is appx 5 inches. If the two women are equal height while Lori inside on the step and other woman on the concrete slab, then woman is appx 5 inches taller than Lori. Lori is 5'6" tall. This woman is likely at least 5'11" or 6' tall. I can think of one possible example of a woman that tall. Just watch her podcasts in the car, she hunches over but the top of her head is very tall compared to the car. Chad is over six feet tall and while he is slouching in the photo just a little, he's about the same height as the woman next to him.
Totally MOO. It might be some other random tall woman with dark brown hair come to visit Lori who may have also known Chad on a day when Chad was possibly also at the residence who may have wanted to discuss the death of his late wife. I don't know. Total speculation.

Attachments

• woman-visit-Lori.jpg
    woman-visit-Lori.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 195
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors