Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just looking on El Paso County Sheriff's twitter feed, at the photos of the law enforcement members, Search and Rescue members and volunteers who have all played such important roles in these searches.

I have the greatest respect and deep appreciation for all involved in this investigation.

They demonstrate such integrity and great compassion towards the goal of finding Gannon. The community has shown fabulous appreciation for them, as well as deep kindness and care at the Vigil for Gannon.

This is so heartwarming, in midst of such a tragic situation.

EPCSheriff (@EPCSheriff) | Twitter

Last edited:
The far left gate in that picture appears to belong to the house next door's. There is a fence running between them. As you can see in this differently angled shot.

View attachment 233962
Wow, I never would've thought those two pics were of the same fence and house! I toggled between them probably 20 times before I could even see how it was possible they were pics of the same thing lol. I should defo stick to my day job :D

RD is more likely going to be an unsung hero in all this. JMO His unreleased vids may truly be “the break they needed.”

By the way, many people on here have spoken of GS in past tense. Same with journalists. Same with other neighbors at candlelight vigil. It likely indicates that our hearts fear he’s gone. Probably same for RD, especially since he saw something disturbing on his vids. Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.
Excellent post!

Or there is some mind blowing twist that nobody would even speculate.

I do have the fantasy that this is the case. I just can't think what it might be.

I think other people/players (perhaps a drug dealer or something like that) may come into play. Or a specific secondary crime we don't know anything about. I don't think we're going to see something weird like trafficking. Maybe someone has an affair partner.

Or...one of the known parties that we don't suspect is somehow involved (sure doesn't seem to be the way this investigation is going).

Perhaps it's just the sheer amount of territory and driving that happened in this case. Perhaps there's a longer term history of driving (etc) that has police scratching their heads and maybe they've had other witnesses come forward with tales to tell.

Snipped by me
Don’t forget his teachers! They’re the people with the child at least 30 hours a week. I’m sure they would have some insight or at least strong feelings on any of these scenarios. JMO

Absolutely! And, perhaps, social workers. Who knows? LE must feel as if there's an avalanche of things to investigate.

Agree. She went back for the camera in the van.
MOO it would be a special spectrum camera.
Evidence bag and MOO a forensic toolkit in a small backpack.

Excellent hunch there. They're right at the point where lab results from earlier evidence is being collated - great moment to return to get pictures for the jury. Or for the DA to make a final determination.

I just noticed that the fence adjacent to the garage has two gates. Strange configuration, imo.

RV/toy hauler friendly.

It’s strange though, that they don’t share the fence that’s running between the properties. Both properties have their own fence, with space in between. Stranger yet is that the fence at the Stauch property juts out farther than the fence at the next property over. Weird.

Many houses on that street have that odd config where one property's fence juts out much further than the neighbor's.
I discovered this while on the search for surveillance cams.

It was a while back someone asked/wondered how many cams are on that street. It's really hard to tell how many doorbell cams, but from the corner to the bend in the road (it's about 11 houses on each side) there are 7 surveillance cams (generally attached on the garage, off to the side) on the Stauch side of the street, and only 2 on the opposite side. Bearing in mind, this street view on google was from 09.19, so it's very possible Christmas brought some new security cams to the neighborhood that aren't showing on the most current street view.

Toss a few doorbell cams into the mix, and that's a lot of video to go through.
I think it's highly probable there is more than one video of what took place the day Gannon went missing, as well as what went on the night before, or even the night of.

Jmo almost all the “no body” cases I can find that went to trial had crime scene evidence of blood, or a confession and/or witness/accomplice confession. I can't think of one with neither?

There's a case on Dateline (Under the Prairie Sky). No confession, no blood (IIRC). There are others. No accomplices. Totally based on motive, last seen with, phone data and GPS. No body. Very sad case.

Does anyone recall why no reward has been offered in this case? Personally, I think a reward would just muddy up things as it appears tips are rolling in without one. I am just curious if LE has addressed the absence of one somewhere
that I may have missed.

It’s strange though, that they don’t share the fence that’s running between the properties. Both properties have their own fence, with space in between. Stranger yet is that the fence at the Stauch property juts out farther than the fence at the next property over. Weird.
This isn't related to the case really but for sake of helping to clear up the fencing confusion, it appears to me that the house on the right in this photo is older than the house on the left. The fencing to the right is weathered whereas the fencing on the left looks fresher. For this reason, they do not share a common fence. It's quite possible in this development, houses were not built simultaneously but perhaps only after the lot and plan were purchased (individually). Hope that makes sense.

Many houses on that street have that odd config where one property's fence juts out much further than the neighbor's.
I discovered this while on the search for surveillance cams.

It was a while back someone asked/wondered how many cams are on that street. It's really hard to tell how many doorbell cams, but from the corner to the bend in the road (it's about 11 houses on each side) there are 7 surveillance cams (generally attached on the garage, off to the side) on the Stauch side of the street, and only 2 on the opposite side. Bearing in mind, this street view on google was from 09.19, so it's very possible Christmas brought some new security cams to the neighborhood that aren't showing on the most current street view.

Toss a few doorbell cams into the mix, and that's a lot of video to go through.
I think it's highly probable there is more than one video of what took place the day Gannon went missing, as well as what went on the night before, or even the night of.

I wonder if the double fence configurations are just a result of the many fence-toppling windstorms we’ve had in this area over the past few years. There are often disputes between neighbors as to who foots the bill of erecting/repairing fence sections. It usually depends on post position, but some voluntarily share the cost. Then later there could be another disagreement, maybe about access, maybe about maintenance or stain color, but the neighbor who legally owns the fence says nay, and the one who voluntarily paid half says, “Yeah, but...” So sometimes someone will just “build their own” with posts on their side so as to avoid the dispute in the future. I suspect many of these doubles in Lorson were erected after storm damage. Imagine if your neighbor is responsible for fixing a blown down fence because the posts are on his side, but he puts it off due to costs. In the meantime your dog or kids aren’t contained. What do you do? It’s not yours to touch. So? Build a second fence w posts on your side. We’ve had a few storms where you could drive through a neighborhood and every other fence is damaged or blown completely over! JMO

Last edited:
There's a case on Dateline (Under the Prairie Sky). No confession, no blood (IIRC). There are others. No accomplices. Totally based on motive, last seen with, phone data and GPS. No body. Very sad case.
Did any of them result in convictions?

Find and read TS’s written statement to Denver news station. She did what seemed like a lot of “pre-splaining” to the public. She randomly brought up a foot-cutting incident that we had previously heard nothing about. Many feel that it was TS’s way of pre-splaining some blood being found.

I have thought alot about her talking about the foot-cutting incident. I've raised 3 boys and have gone through my share of boy injuries. Cuts, broken bones, etc. The worst situation I can remember is when my oldest son wrecked on his bike and tore up his knees and one arm quite a bit. I had to clean him up (in the bathroom because that's where the bandages and other medical type home stuff was located). Another time, my middle son needed stitches. Again, we went into the bathroom and tried to assess how bad his cut was, and determined it was bad enough that he needed to go to the ER. I just wonder how much blood from the garage floor Tee is trying to "pre-splain" and why if the blood is fairly significant she wouldn't take him to the ER?

Not that strange, actually. if you use street view on Google Earth you can see that this occurs with many of the houses on Mandan Drive. That's because the houses are not completely uniform in shape or design. Some (the multi storey houses) have the front of the house much closer to the kerb. Some have an L shape to the front of the house with the porch side being further back, and the garage side further forward. Hence the discrepancy and overlap of the positioning of the gates and fencelines between properties. As mentioned up thread, it's likely the properties were built at different times as well.

The only problems we have heard about was from some neighbors who said there was a lot of conflict between TS and Gannon's mom. Nothing was said about the days or weeks before Gannon disappeared, though. Imo

That's also in the public document that one MSM outlet reported this week. Major league, big time, IMO.

Did any of them result in convictions?

Yes - I do believe all Dateline episodes involve solved cases with convictions. I sure hope so, as I listen to them as podcasts in order to feel better.

I should add that in the case I referenced, the boyfriend did it. He took the stand in his own defense, denied everything, pointed out what a nice, law-abiding person he was (and had a character witness or two).

Jury convicted him nevertheless. He won't give up the info about where the body is and will only admit to having driven her car (in order to annoy her).

The far left gate in that picture appears to belong to the house next door's. There is a fence running between them. As you can see in this differently angled shot.

View attachment 233962

That is such a strange fence set up! Can't say I have ever seen that before. Are all the fences in the neighborhood, or on that street, like this one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deluhg01