Found Deceased TN - Evelyn Boswell, 15 months, Sullivan County, 26 DEC 2019 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's possible MB implicated Angela Boswell and William McCloud due to the fact they were already evading LE for outstanding warrants. Meaning, maybe she thought they'd be the perfect scapegoats and they'd be harder to track down.
(Just speculating)

Both suspects already had active warrants out for their arrests. Boswell reportedly had a violation probation warrant, while McCloud had a warrant out for theft.

AMBER Alert: Grey BMW found, two fugitives arrested but Tennessee tot is still missing [Police]
Strongly agree with your speculations. This is why I believe nothing further has been said about the mom/bf's arrest besides that Evelyn is still missing: there's nothing more to say.

I wasn't making any allusions.

The primary allusion I would have made, if any, would be that if these similarly surnamed people are part of the same family, they may be used to cameras and thus more media-savvy than the average bear.

I find it hard to believe that things have come to a pass where you can't even mention someone's nationality as a fact, without having it interpreted as a slur. I mean, really.

I think it requires a major leap to consider your post disparaging, stereotyping, or slurring.

MOO.

A lot of it is American ignorance to the history of it. People literally name their kids “Gypsy” here and some treat it more like a synonym to hippie. And there’s that Fleetwood Mac song! But it is a slur in Europe and to people familiar with the history of it.

Not everywhere in Europe it is a slur. I'm a social worker, I work with this population a lot and they prefer to use the hungarian word for gypsy and not the word roman(i). So I can understand why it can cause confusion.

Not everywhere in Europe it is a slur. I'm a social worker, I work with this population a lot and they prefer to use the hungarian word for gypsy and not the word roman(i). So I can understand why it can cause confusion.
In Portugal, they identify as ciganos, which literally translates to gypsies. So yeah, if it really is a racial slur, it seems like that mostly applies to places where english is the main language.

Perhaps we should get back on topic. I'm quite certain that this family, like the majority of Americans, are made up of a myriad of ethnicities (some of which shock you upon completion of the 23 and Me test), which have little to no influence how they choose to live their lives in 21st century USA.

I personally hate it when headlines are used that *imply* people are arrested for one thing, when really they are arrested for something completely different. I know they need to keep them concise, and want people to click thru, but "Relative of missing child's mom arrested on unrelated charges and questioned" or something would be more accurate.

Nothing local to report, other than the 2 prayer vigils and fundraisers for tomorrow that I already posted about. The silence is eerie. I just pray that after the arrests made yesterday, someone is talking and LE is furiously tracking down leads.

ETA: Can't help but wonder what on earth AB is telling LE. Something like, " I didn't steal the car, it was loaned to me, and no I don't have any idea where my granddaughter is " ? Or is she actually being helpful ? ( SIGH )

Nothing local to report, other than the 2 prayer vigils and fundraisers for tomorrow that I already posted about. The silence is eerie. I just pray that after the arrests made yesterday, someone is talking and LE is furiously tracking down leads.

ETA: Can't help but wonder what on earth AB is telling LE. Something like, " I didn't steal the car, it was loaned to me, and no I don't have any idea where my granddaughter is " ? Or is she actually being helpful ? ( SIGH )

I’m really really hoping we get some kind of LE update on Monday

I’m really really hoping we get some kind of LE update on Monday

Me too. Right now I'm back to puzzling over yesterday's press conference and wondering what the sheriff meant by his comments that MB's statements weren't adding up to surveillance footage and eyewitness reports. Does "eyewitness " here mean someone who actually did see Evelyn after the time frame MB said she last saw her ? Or does it mean someone whom MB said saw Evelyn at a certain time who actually didn't see her?

These are the kind of minute details that make me feel as if my head is about to explode, because there's just no possible way for me to answer that given what I actually know.

I don't believe that anyone is hiding this child. Let's assume for a moment that there were children of this family already taken away by social services (hypothetical), and let's assume that some family members might be concerned that Evelyn might be taken away for the same reason. The sheer logistics of how many people would have to be complicit in the hiding of a child, during a police investigation , and under the very real threat of their own arrest for being complicit in the hiding of a child, just leads me to believe this isn't a logical theory. That's just my opinion, of course, but I will say that I have been involved in many many cases of missing children where the hiding of a child as been put forth as a theory, and never ONCE have I ever seen that theory born out.

Again, JMO.

Wow. They ARE babies themselves. Poor sweet Evelyn. Patiently waiting for the truth to surface.
When I was 21.5 years old, I was dad to a 2-year-old, married had bought a brand new townhouse, owned 2 cars, and had been out of the house for over 3 years. I was no baby................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288