Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom, arrested* #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh it absolutely could be (edit: removed somebody, added anybody). Dark haired tall woman. I don't see a backpack though.
(ETA: I'm not saying it has to be our author friend. Just that she's a tall dark haired woman who knows the POIs and may have paid a visit. I actually think it's someone else, no idea who.)

(ETA2: better add the link just in case Daybells' neighbor in Idaho captures last known video of JJ Vallow 1:13 in the video.)

She looks blonde to me, especially in your first picture above. But it's very snowy. She could have a hat on or light might be reflecting off the snow and altering the colors we see in the doorbell camera images. MOO.

Because significant circumstantial evidence points in that direction.

There remains zero evidence they have been hidden - people only come up with that theory because of the cult angle. But it is not claimed by the accused.

Personally I will wait for the accused to claim this defence, before I will entertain it.

There is just as much evidence they were abducted.
Oh no, I hear you and don't disagree. I wanted to believe that they're still alive and have stretched the limits of credulity in figuring out scenarios that they could be alive. For example, looking at their associations in the AVOW group seemed to me to be the most realistic option for hiding the kids alive. But then information surfaces that Lori and Chad both tried to reach out to one of their closest associates in said group for the purposes of... lying to LE that the kids were with her. Now why would Chad and Lori both want MG to commit a crime on their behalf if not for the express purpose of covering up a crime that they themselves participated in? All evidence seems to point to something sinister happening to those kids. And that at least Lori, and probably Chad, have direct knowledge of what exactly that is. Still, I hold out hope that they're alive. It's perhaps a fool's hope, but still worth holding out for. IMHO.

Total speculation:

I have always thought that AC may have murdered JR (not that it's of any consequence at this point), and that if he did, the infamous argument he had with Lori may have been related to the murder.

Although the autopsy listed something like atherosclerosis as the cause of death, I think somehow it just became easier to say JR died of a heart attack. JR did have heart disease and high blood pressure, but as I understood things, the ME could not administer the specific test that they would typically use in an ER (to confirm that a heart attack has occurred), as it was post mortem (or maybe too long post mortem)

AC clearly hated JR. Not only did he taser JR and threaten to kill him, but he was supposedly still trying to arrange for JR to be harmed even while AC was in prison.

JR's custody battle with Lori over Tylee lasted almost 10 yrs. That's a long time for Lori to brainwash AC into thinking JR was the devil himself. Apparently, after JR's death, Lori never even notified JR's sister (who reportedly had always gotten along fine with Lori). I think JR's sister said she didn't even learn about JR's death until almost 5 wks after it happened (when someone called another Ryan relative about claiming the body).

My theory is that AC committed the crime without first discussing it with Lori, and then later surprised her with by admitting the crime (perhaps thinking she'd be pleased, but she instead went ballistic, idk). Again, total speculation. The timing also seemed to fit (JR death in Dec '18, argument in early '19). Jmo
Great critical thinking. I, for one, am with you on this. As someone upthread said, you can only have so many 'natural' deaths in this family. His obituary that I read had pretty much no information at least through, I believe, Legacy. It stated, if there is more information from anyone - please inform - or something to that effect.

I just found this report that says police have talked with MB the niece, and the court documents filed in the divorce with that couple allege that MB knows where the kids are. It also alleges that MB said that "sometimes children are full of light and then they just go dark."

Confused. Where did you get that quote?? And "what couple" alleges that MB knows where (WHICH) kids are.... thanks for your clarification...

That's why Lori's attorney called the 5 million bail something along the lines of "essentially no different than not granting bail" in his argument. And he was correct in that regard. Of course the 10K bail he suggested, given the circumstances and history of the case thus far, might be termed "the same as telling her to go ahead and run, it's no big deal."
I agree with you. But in Hawaii the bail would be closer to $10,000 based on there only being 2 "B felonies." The only time Hawaii holds without bail is when the defendant faces life in prison or the death penalty. He was arguing that since all the prosecuting was presenting was an out of state judicial warrant and not a Governor's warrant for extradition, Hawaii law applies. Obviously he lost.

Okay, so I couldn't get Yellowstone out of my head and in an effort to eliminate it as the most horrible thing for Tylee, I went to Google Earth. I found the opposite.

First, the Norris Geyser Basin is not far from West Yellowstone, a gate into the park and that is not that far from Rexberg.

Google Earth (1).png
Google Earth

Second, the Basin is home to many hot springs and acid pools.
Norris Geyser Basin - Yellowstone National Park  U S  National Park Service .png
Norris Geyser Basin - Yellowstone National Park (U.S. National Park Service)

Third, September is a slow month tourist wise in the park.
Best Times to Visit Yellowstone   U S  News Travel.png
https://travel.usnews.com/Yellowstone_National_Park_WY/When_To_Visit/

As I was making this post, I thought: "Maybe those pools aren't deadly, though! Maybe they'd just injure someone/could not destroy a body." I was wrong.

Deaths and Injuries at Yellowstone s Geysers and Hot Springs - My Yellowstone Park.png
https://www.yellowstonepark.com/things-to-do/cautionary-tale

I was hoping I'd come back with hopeful news.

Here's why I don't think the kids are alive and that they were never planning to have the kids "return" (listed in the order they occur to me at the moment)
  • Lori had her LDS membership records transferred to Hawaii but not the kids' records. Though JJ is too young to hve been a baptized official member, he and Tylee would both be listed on her records as her children. Tylee is old enough to have been baptized, though I have no knowledge of if she was. Normal age for that is 8 years old or older.
  • Lori has Tylee's phone, Tylee's [debit/credit] cards with her, their birth certificates, JJ's ipad, but she left behind memories and things mother's typically cherish about their children in a storage unit she abandoned. That doesn't sound like a mom who is intent of having her kids with her, or even having kids who are still alive.
  • Chad lied to his parents and Tammy's sister - both people he will likely see later in life if his plan had gone as he desired, and said that Lori had no non-adult children. This indicates that he didn't think that they would ever pop up at family gatherings if he ever intended to go to those, and wouldn't have to explain their existence to other family members.
  • There is no record or information of any kind to show that either child is alive beyond September. Not medically, not physically, nothing. They vanish and are not seen again. Even if she had put them in boarding school, there would be a paper trail. If she sent them to some ranch, there would be a paper trail. There is always legal paper trail when you send your kids off to a business type place because of liability.
  • I don't think they are living with other "cult members" or groupies of these two because if that was the case, Lori would likely have checked on them, or there would be SOME communication in some form via email, texts, calls, or SOMETHING indicating communication in particular with JJ being autistic. It's called a spectrum for a reason, there are some similar things among autistic people, but they are all individual and even someone who had experience with an autistic child would not know what JJ specifically was like, and so far some key players have been watched by police and there is no indication that they have these kids.
  • A very socially active, involved with friends, type of girl like Tylee who loved social media in so many forms would not vanish like this without being a) forced to do so against her will or b) no longer living.
  • Despite what JR the author has said, there is absolutely NO indication that the children were ever in Hawaii regardless of what island we're talking about. I imagine they have already checked to see if any plane tickets were for the kids, but I don't know that for sure. There was no indication of the kids being with them in HI whatsoever. I think we can safely rule that idea out.
  • They told so many lies, and so many different lies to so many different people about the kids, it sounds to me like they wanted to keep everyone scattered and thinking different things. This sounds like a misdirect strategy to me. Being LDS, I can say that some of us are a little naive and all too trusting at times.
  • Some have alleged that Lori believed or perceived some kind of custody threat and is protecting/hiding them. Who on earth would that have come from? If it was the Woodcocks that seems unlikely since they didn't even start that process until recently, and that's for their family tie to JJ - no could be perceived as seeking custody of Tylee who would be an adult this coming Sept. anyway. Her bio father is gone, and obviously her aunt did not know what was going on till later.
Please feel free to point out anything I may have gotten wrong in my expressed views... these are all my opinions based upon what I have followed on the case thus far.

Re the custody dispute. I believe that thought began in Lori's mind when she discovered she was no longer the beneficiary of CV's life insurance. She knew that the Woodcocks wanted JJ so she kept him from them and then took him somewhere without telling them where. She then planned to be with Chad and get rid of Tammy for her life insurance. The coincidence is too bizarre to have been accidental. She has kept the birth certificates so she can continue getting any benefits for them. Whether she has paid someone to keep them or has arranged for their demise, I don't know. I hope they are alive.

I just had a totally out there Twilight Zone thought. Lori kept *with her* paperwork she could have used for replacement children. You have permission to write my thought off as insanity. Jmo

The birth certificates mean benefits so I think that is why she has them. I am still thinking of the early November trip to Hawaii and the return trip in December. I am hoping they went to Hawaii at some point with the kids and that is why she had the birth certificates with her in the car. Why didnt they find them in the Rexburg search?

I believe that many organized religions recommend living within or below your means, helping others, being faithful to God and our family, etc. It’s common sense to be prepared especially if you live in disaster-prone areas to have food, medical supplies, batteries, etc. We live along the gulf coast and experience horrid hurricanes every couple of years. Yes we get supplies and fuel for a generator to sustain us for a week. But to prepare for the end of times, the rapture is more than I can logically comprehend. Our religion doesn’t stress Revelations. I appreciate y’all educating me.

Just a question for clarity... I believe I had read that Charles was JJ's great uncle, so I have assumed that Kay and Larry were actually great-grandparents, even though we just refer to them more simply as grandparents.?? Not that critical..but if someone knows exactly, I would appreciate.

Charles is Kay's brother.

Okay, so I couldn't get Yellowstone out of my head and in an effort to eliminate it as the most horrible thing for Tylee, I went to Google Earth. I found the opposite.

First, the Norris Geyser Basin is not far from West Yellowstone, a gate into the park and that is not that far from Rexberg.

View attachment 233981
Google Earth

Second, the Basin is home to many hot springs and acid pools.
View attachment 233983
Norris Geyser Basin - Yellowstone National Park (U.S. National Park Service)

Third, September is a slow month tourist wise in the park.
View attachment 233985
https://travel.usnews.com/Yellowstone_National_Park_WY/When_To_Visit/

As I was making this post, I thought: "Maybe those pools aren't deadly, though! Maybe they'd just injure someone/could not destroy a body." I was wrong.

View attachment 233987
https://www.yellowstonepark.com/things-to-do/cautionary-tale

I was hoping I'd come back with hopeful news.

Yup. The only part of this theory that I find confusing is *IF* this was the intention in going to the park, why take JJ? The answer to that would seem to be why would Alex or Alex and Lori take Tylee to Yellowstone and not bring JJ as well. Not bringing JJ would seem suspcious to Tylee. (How she's react to that, I don't have a clue.) But that means if this is what happened then they're going to have to insulate JJ from seeing too much or it might backfire. (Did that happen?) If the intent was to get rid of both of them why not take care of JJ at this same time?

I'm also curious if LE has possibly checked cameras between Rexburg and the entrance to Yellowstone to see if Alex, Lori, and JJ might have visited again sometime around the end of September. MOO

Confused. Where did you get that quote?? And "what couple" alleges that MB knows where (WHICH) kids are.... thanks for your clarification...
The quote comes from the newscast video that went with it as it's source. The newscaster said it came from court documents related to the MB/BB divorce situation. I believe that MB likely knows where Lori's kids are, the missing ones - at least that's what I understood. It doesn't make much sense to tie to Lori's news story if it's about her own kids. If you push play on the video I linked to in that post you'll hear this from the source toward the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member