Found Deceased TN - Evelyn Boswell, 15 months, Sullivan County, 26 DEC 2019 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one who feels like every member of MB’s family, HW, AB’s boyfriend, and EP need to be brought in together for questioning? I mean, based on all of the info released so far, I think a fantastic mediator and therapist should be present, but I feel like if they were all questioned together at one time, it may be a lot more difficult for everyone to continue passing the ball. At the very least, maybe it could enlighten LE on what is blatantly inaccurate and misleading. MOO

I think that’s the opposite of what LE wants to do in this situation. Separating them prevents them from knowing what the others are saying. It’s much easier to apply pressure and get to the truth when they don’t know if someone is throwing them under the bus. It becomes “every man/woman for him/herself” and they end up spilling their guts (if they’re innocent.)

Am I the only one who feels like every member of MB’s family, HW, AB’s boyfriend, and EP need to be brought in together for questioning? I mean, based on all of the info released so far, I think a fantastic mediator and therapist should be present, but I feel like if they were all questioned together at one time, it may be a lot more difficult for everyone to continue passing the ball. At the very least, maybe it could enlighten LE on what is blatantly inaccurate and misleading. MOO
As much as I love this thought, I don't think it could happen. May as well live in my fantasy world and bring all them in, in different glass enclosed cubicles where they can't hear what the other is saying and let them wonder what the other dozen are telling. What a scene that would be - probably would find Baby E quickly if they all thought the others were ratting them out.
The reward has reached an amount that should be very enticing for a depressed area as this, I'm disheartened it hasn't brought any results yet.
Still praying

yes.... moo too! I found it really weird that she said that Evelyn walks funny because she doesn’t know how to pick up her feet, so she waddles (or wobbles, I can’t remember which). I was thinking, she walked like a brand new walker TWO MONTHS AGO!

Lord almighty, I don’t get it! I could barely make it through a 12 hour shift 3x a week when my baby was that little, I just wanted to hug and snuggle her. And here it’s no big thing that she dropped her off to her babysat and what? Just never saw her again? Evelyn has been gone more than 10% of her entire time alive.

Geez...that 10% is a sobering thought that never even occurred to me. :(

I would say yes, but if one person says "remember, that lady took her and said she'd get her ice cream and never came back" and all other members of the family say "yeah, that's what happened" then we'll never find out where she is. I think police question people separately for a reason.

Exactly. And nobody rats a family member or friend out when they’re sitting next to them.

The inconsistencies in their individual stories are how they will figure out who is telling the truth and potentially help them build a case against one or more people.

As much as I love this thought, I don't think it could happen. May as well live in my fantasy world and bring all them in, in different glass enclosed cubicles where they can't hear what the other is saying and let them wonder what the other dozen are telling. What a scene that would be - probably would find Baby E quickly if they all thought the others were ratting them out.
The reward has reached an amount that should be very enticing for a depressed area as this, I'm disheartened it hasn't brought any results yet.
Still praying

Actually, many of us live pretty well. But, of course, like anywhere, it depends on what you do for a living and what the market is. If your only resources for employment are Walmarts and fast food chains, then yeah...you are going to scratch out a living. Just like anywhere else. And, of course, education level matters quite a bit in that respect. Not that I don't take your point, I do , but felt the need to clarify. :)

And the nod nod nod nod...and the cry, giggle, cry, giggle...and the sweet potatoes, baby shark, baby shark, sweet potatoes... UGH ! Why bother to do that interview at all? It certainly wasn't helpful to the public in terms of finding this child.

MOO, and what not.

Just started following this case, have read about half the posts and do not feel I have a complete grasp yet. However, in watching the mother's interview, I have to agree with the above. Even if MB only had her daughter for 13 out of her 15 months, she should have had more substantive things to say. To me this is stuff that a babysitter or neighbor could talk about. Yes, the little details are important to know about your own baby, but it is such glancing stuff, like she barely knows Evelyn at all. The same few details, over and over.
I just cannot understand this case at all, except through the filter of a Casey Anthony type. Baby is in the way, so time to send her elsewhere and don't look back. As someone posted, at least Caylee Anthony had devoted grandparents who took good care of her. In the pictures I've seen now of Evelyn, she appears to be well-cared for, but then poof... I see this family has a lot of dysfunction, but at least the grandfather finally contacted child services and got the ball rolling. The mother seemed to be following a script here for what a sorrowing mother should say..I miss her, I want her back...but just when she is prompted.

I think that’s the opposite of what LE wants to do in this situation. Separating them prevents them from knowing what the others are saying. It’s much easier to apply pressure and get to the truth when they don’t know if someone is throwing them under the bus. It becomes “every man/woman for him/herself” and they end up spilling their guts (if they’re innocent.)

At this point, they have questioned everyone separately. We know from MB’s interview that she tried to throw AB under the bus. We know from HW’s interview that he basically said MB was a fling. Using what they already have, I am absolutely certain that there is enough of a wedge to elicit some real responses. MOO

Actually, many of us live pretty well. But, of course, like anywhere, it depends on what you do for a living and what the market is. If your only resources for employment are Walmarts and fast food chains, then yeah...you are going to scratch out a living. Just like anywhere else. And, of course, education level matters quite a bit in that respect. Not that I don't take your point, I do , but felt the need to clarify. :)
I live here also and is different for me personally as well as you. With my occupation, I socialize with professionals and seek out like minded folks. However, the reward is high enough that I did hope for legitimate tips by now as many in this area are not as fortunate as you and I and money can be an incentive to many. Sometimes a reward can motivate a person that is not willing to otherwise get involved.

It doesn’t make sense at all. If I’m understanding her correctly, she didn’t report it right away because she didn’t want the person to disappear with Evelyn. But if the person hadn’t run away with the baby yet, what would she have been reporting?

Then later she says the trust was broken with the person when they took off and wouldn’t answer any calls.

So she feared that the person would take off and vanish, after they took off and vanished? Not a very well thought out excuse IMO.

ooh good points. Why would she leave the baby with someone who she worried about would run off with her at all? Why would they run off?? This makes no sense to me. My feeling is that something and AB is trying to help cover but that is backfiring on her...

At this point, they have questioned everyone separately. We know from MB’s interview that she tried to throw AB under the bus. We know from HW’s interview that he basically said MB was a fling. Using what they already have, I am absolutely certain that there is enough of a wedge to elicit some real responses. MOO

I believe in cases like this they typically interview people of interest/people who may have information multiple times in order to see if their stories change.

ETA: I’d say for sure some of these local news interviews are going to drive a wedge between some of the potentially relevant players

ooh good points. Why would she leave the baby with someone who she worried about would run off with her at all? Why would they run off?? This makes no sense to me. My feeling is that something and AB is trying to help cover but that is backfiring on her...
Let's say her mom was demanding she hand over the baby, and let's say she was overwhelmed with parenting the baby and decided to do so (despite her mom seeming like not the most trustworthy person to her). She could then be asking to see the baby, and her mom making excuses, and she was afraid to report it to police because she was worried her mom would then take off with the baby. I GUESS that's possible... but I'm not buying it.

I think we'll hear more after AB and her boyfriend WM are extradited. They're already in custody. Whether they are talking to LE is anybody's guess. I'm not going to blame MB for this dysfunctional mess. I think her mother and her boyfriend might be the culprits.

JMO

I’m wondering if they saw her for Christmas and had bought her the outfit or simply taken photos of her in it, so they know what she was wearing when they saw her. Maybe grandparents or something?
o
Regarding the broken arm of Evelyn.....don't you think that if this was true LE would have included it under her description when asking for help finding her? Or would her cast already have been removed? Why not "last seen on December 26th wearing a pink track suit, pink bow, and an arm cast?"
I suspect her of being connected with the vehicle, but I'm still not convinced she has/had Evelyn. Hope I'm wrong, though.
I hate to agree, I just think the daughter named her mother because it was an easy pick, if she knew her mother was on the run. Hope I’m wrong!

For those j
I believe in cases like this they typically interview people of interest/people who may have information multiple times in order to see if their stories change.

I get the feeling that these LE are on a wild goose chase here. I think the conflicting stories are the only stories! I’m inclined to believe they are purposefully giving false or misleading info. You can’t arrest them all if you have no idea who is telling the truth and who isn’t!

If someone will excuse my inability to get through the entire thread, I keep seeing two issues that have popped up, and about which I am fairly ignorant.
One is Romani. I have had a few, very few Romani students over the years and I know there is a lot of ignorance about the culture. I don't watch any of the TV shows about them, so all I basically know is that it is an insular culture with a distrust of authority, at least for some members. Also, of course, the stereotype of "Gypsies," but I'm curious as to what role this plays in this case? Who is Romani and other than perhaps avoiding authorities, why does it matter?
The other is this area in Tennessee. I see some of you are locals and have spoken about the economy. I'm a New Yorker who knows 0% about this area of our country. Would someone give me a capsule description of why this locality is pertinent to the case?
Thank you to anyone who is willing to fill me in.

If someone will excuse my inability to get through the entire thread, I keep seeing two issues that have popped up, and about which I am fairly ignorant.
One is Romani. I have had a few, very few Romani students over the years and I know there is a lot of ignorance about the culture. I don't watch any of the TV shows about them, so all I basically know is that it is an insular culture with a distrust of authority, at least for some members. Also, of course, the stereotype of "Gypsies," but I'm curious as to what role this plays in this case? Who is Romani and other than perhaps avoiding authorities, why does it matter?
The other is this area in Tennessee. I see some of you are locals and have spoken about the economy. I'm a New Yorker who knows 0% about this area of our country. Would someone give me a capsule description of why this locality is pertinent to the case?

There was speculation based purely on the last name and then the discussion went way off the rails. Nothing relevant to this case or the people involved, to my knowledge.

If it was a close family member these things can be complicated. Older relatives "know best" and you're pressured to be loyal to them and not make trouble. You minimize your doubts because family. Most abductions are committed by relatives arent they? Grandparents think they have automatic legal rights to grandchildren etc.

For those asking about EP’s family. His mother has been battling leukemia in Massachusetts since October 2019. His father passed away when he was a baby.

That poor guy! I hope his mother can beat cancer's *advertiser censored*. Being under this huge stress is not helping that poor woman. Wishing them the best.

I'd say both topics have only *slight* relevance, if any. Lots of people are poor, mistrust authority, etc. From all over and of all types.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288