Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
And lets just no worry about the whole gate thing...really? How many people lock their back gate? Is it in a neighborhood where people would find access to the house via a back gate? If the robber was that set on breaking in they would just hop the fence...it's not like the gate was an entrance into the house. Sorry to be so sarcastic but this whole gate thing is just crazy...LS simply mentioned it to lay the ground work for one of her lies or misdirections...that's it.

Every single house in my neighborhood has a side gate and nearly all, if not all, have a latch designed to accomodate a padlock and use it. The only type of crime we have here to speak of, is property crime. So people lock their gates so they don't get their outdoor furniture and fixtures (grills, tvs, satellite, refrigerators, pool pumps and systems) stolen or have people enter homes through the back door, which is way less likely to be noticed from the street where homes are on top of each other. Plus, there are a lot of outdoor service people in and out -- pools, poop scoopers, landscapers. It's much easier to change a padlock than a built in gate lock. JMO

I just can’t get over how weird this case is.

Parents and stepparents kill their kids, that happens. Typically though, it’s during an act of abuse.

Say she did kill Gannon to cover up an act of abuse (which I believe), it’s still a very strange way to go about doing that.

You’d expect her to do that in her home, and then transport and dump his body (perhaps under the cover of darkness). That’s not what happened though, as he left that home alive.

So in broad daylight she takes Gannon somewhere, and then likely does something that leads to his death.

I’ve seen people stage an accident, like a guy who threw his wife and son of a cliff. But I’ve never heard of anything like this.

It’s as idiotic as it is cruel. I just don’t know what to make of it.

Is it possible/probable that she...
Abused him so profoundly that at some point during her "shopping" that morning he passed, in the truck, and she panicked and found a remote place to leave him?
Maybe she drove to more than a few places looking for the right place, before she left him?
Maybe she left evidence in different places in an effort to complicate the investigation?

Just speculating on the idea that it was an accident and not pre-planned at all.

My first time posting and not 100% sure of the rules. I know you tube isn’t allowed to be discussed, but can I let you know of a certain interview to see for yourselves (tell the name of video for those who want to search on their own)? I know we can’t discuss what it states here, but I learned so much from it concerning this case. We truly don’t really know much at all for a fact right now, and after hearing it I feel like I know much more.
Like all of you I’m heartbroken for Gannon, his parents and siblings. <modsnip: that video is off limits here at this time> I cannot remotely fathom their pain. Heart wrenching in the true definition of the word. So glad to have found this space. I love how it’s 99.9% respectable conversations. You’re good people!
Welcome, Buddhagirl. I agree.

Last edited by a moderator:
My yard is gated mainly for my dogs and children but beyond the gate is very heavily wooded area. I'm curious what is on the other side or their yard or is it just another yard for a home around the corner. There has to be some sort of reason why she mentioned the gate, she is backing herself up for something that could of been found. I remeber with Caylee Anthony, cadaver dogs were hitting in the yard in a few spots including her playhouse. Did dogs hit on something at GS house?
That's what I'm feeling too..

I think it's been mentioned, but looking back I couldn't find it. How old is Gannon's little sister? Both sisters would have A LOT of potentially valuable info/details to aid in the investigation (IMO), just not sure how cooperative older SS would be or if she's had a lot of coaching. So just trying to think about how much younger sis would notice, comprehend, and question.
I’m not positive, but I think the younger one is 7. That’s certainly old enough to be helpful.

It’s the older one that likely has a lot to offer. Hopefully she’s been as forthcoming as possible.

I really think those kids are the key to this, especially in regards to what happened over the weekend.

from an early article...."Stauch added that within a few hours of Gannon leaving, his wife knew something was wrong. He also reportedly said the boy didn’t tell his stepmother which friend’s house he was going to." At this point, sounds to me , Al trusted SM's version. He didn't say...my wife says.....It sounds like she strongly and convincingly told Al she "sensed" something was wrong and he trusted her. I imagine that is why such a visceral response when confronted with the video.

In regards to Gannon AS stated..."He’s just kind and tenderhearted… Hoping we can find him soon,” I thought it was especially "sensitive' that he would recognize his young son as 'tenderhearted".
Excellent observation. Heartbreaker.

Abused him so profoundly that at some point during her "shopping" that morning he passed, in the truck, and she panicked and found a remote place to leave him?
Maybe she drove to more than a few places looking for the right place, before she left him?
Maybe she left evidence in different places in an effort to complicate the investigation?

Just speculating on the idea that it was an accident and not pre-planned at all.

That is what I think she either got rid of him then or after the kids got out of school

I think it's been mentioned, but looking back I couldn't find it. How old is Gannon's little sister? Both sisters would have A LOT of potentially valuable info/details to aid in the investigation (IMO), just not sure how cooperative older SS would be or if she's had a lot of coaching. So just trying to think about how much younger sis would notice, comprehend, and question.

I haven't seen anything in the MSM to confirm so this is entirely my own opinion, based on following cases for decades:
Both of Gannon's sisters were interviewed at length, and have answered all of LE's questions about Gannon, the family routine, etc.
I'm usually pretty reluctant to discuss minors in cases but as "potential witnesses" in a case like this, I think it's a fair question.

the gate thing suggests to me that whatever led to Gannons disappearance was ongoing. as in he needed to try and escape.:(
that's why she is word "salading " splaining away any evidence she is expecting to turn up down the side of the house.
and we know the poor little darling was beside himself the night before about the more 'word salading" event that we still aren't sure of exactly.

which is why he didn't live to tell.
the DURATION of assault imo was at a minimum 12 hours in the house. (10pm till 10am)

no turning back from that kind of help delay.

moo:oops:

We have padlocks on our gates in case they don’t latch good and the wind comes up. Don’t want my dogs to get out. We have extremely high winds here at times. My neighbors do the same. JME

I don't find the idea of a locking gate so strange either, especially with dogs. And while a burglar could jump the Stauch's not-especially-short fence and then work unobserved inside the fence to get into the house, the usual rule of thumb is to not make it too easy for those wanting to break in. After all, it's not like an unmonitored security camera will stop anyone who is determined to get in either but plenty of people have those, sometimes mostly as a deterrent. Plus, the house is a rental house. Maybe the lock was already there? Maybe gate locks are usual in that neighborhood?
JMO

I don't know why I'm so persistent about hearing from people that know the parents and Gannon. I feel like that's a missing puzzle piece. Surely the parents of Gannon's friends he played with would have some input. Somebody out there must know Gannon and his family and have something to say. I'm done now.

At about day 6, a little girl who lived next door to Gannon and played with him often spoke to MSM. I think after that, LE asked everyone not to speak to MSM.

I think there are reasons.

I'm not that generous. That child appeared to be in really bad shape entering that truck. He had already been badly abused, IMO, and she KNEW there was no hiding that abuse. So she hid him instead. IMO.

The backpack and the gate have bugged me all day. Zero productivity today. ‍♀️

I decide to take a breather and read a different article. Open this one and guess what I see at the end - a backpack. Multiple scenarios here but I still think the odds favor in one direction. Time will tell.

In her interview she talks about apologies and makes it a point to say her husband will need to tell her sorry. Sorry for what? Is she punishing him or does he know details that could be lies. Not sure.

Trucker Offers Reward in Desperate Search to Find Daughter Last Seen at Flying J

Whatever happened Sunday night, TS had ALL NIGHT to invent a solution. Whatever she brought in the car, whatever attempts to mislead with her cellphone, that all occurred BEFORE she departed at 10:13. Gannon was alive.... I fear that she manipulated this tender-hearted boy right to the end... drove him 40 miles and then made him walk to where he'll be found.

Watching his parents' anguish, my heart keeps breaking.....

JMO JMO JMO

Yes, I believe the younger sister is eight years old and would be able to offer a lot of information in regard to family dynamics and possibly the events that occurred that weekend. Imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jasonsuli