Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried to take a break & be productive, but my mind thinks of Gannon and runs the details over & over again!

Question(s) for those with LE/forensic experience:
  1. Would blood from an foot wound or other exterior wound test/look different than blood from internal bleeding (ie. coughing up blood?) I'd assume the pattern would at least be different, but please correct me if I'm wrong.
  2. Cleaning products react with luminol, correct? So if someone tried to clean up blood, what would show up with luminol? Smearing, latent spatter?

Random thoughts:
-information from the sisters (especially younger) regarding any incidents/arguments with & condition of Gannon Sunday night and Monday morning are critical. When was the last time they definitely saw him? Did he seem alert, sick, or injured?
-praying LE has been able to track LS's travels on Monday before 2:15, that will zero in on where Gannon can be found
-when is the last time Gannon used his phone, besides the alleged "can my parents find me if I turn off my cell phone?" search
*fingers crossed LE already have the answers to most of this

Time for T to release another statement or do another interview to clear up any recent "misconceptions" and help find Gannon. I know she won't, but surely she wants to help give more information so Gannon can be found!

Praying for Gannon & counting the minutes until he's found!

Last edited:
Done. Thank you Tricia, for giving us a safe space to discuss and sleuth. Hugs.

Dear @Ms.Marple,

I absolutely agree!

Websleuths is the first and only place I go when something tragic happens, whether the news announces massive lives have been lost, there have been murders, there are boys trapped in a underwater cave in Thailand, or that a parent is frantically searching for a missing child.

My respect and deep appreciation remains immense for Websleuths, the Moderators, Technical and Admin Staff and especially all of the magnificent Posters whose hearts, insights and kindness are genuinely outstanding.

If it weren't for @Tricia creating and maintaining Websleuths, I would not be discussing any cases. There isn't another place I would go. Not even one.

Sincerely,
Zen

@Tricia's post:

Hey Everyone,

Websleuths is in a bind. The server bill needs to be paid tomorrow. Because the ad revenue was so low in January we don't have the money to make the bills this month. The server is one bill and it is due the soonest.

If you can donate CLICK THIS LINK and it will take you to PayPal.

I want to stress,
DO NOT DONATE if you cannot afford it. I know many members are on very strict budgets and I do not want anyone to feel obligated in any way.

Thank you very much.

Tricia

TO DONATE TO WEBSLEUTHS CLICK THIS LINK

Last edited by a moderator:
According to TS she did give investigators the name of the person who came to get Gannon and who may have sent them.

I would be very interested to know who those people are and what they had to say.

I'm pretty sure when LE was asked about a week into the investigation about the kidnapping story and the person who gave them the information, they said that those leads had been "exhausted." I wonder if that means they followed through with everything TS had told them and it led to nowhere.

Imo

Had to be so because she stated they had the info, from her, from the very first day.
This doesn't explain why a false narrative was issued by all and sundry regarding a runaway child, though.
I think she told them nothing of value at all.

Yes....I know what you meant now.
My other post reflected that.

At this time, I'm thinking that the neighbor had only good intentions.
It seemed like LE were thinking along the same lines; in that they didn't dispute the video.
My bet is that they have a far more clear copy and more footage.

It looks like if something nefarious happened to Gannon that only the step mother is involved.
But from the beginning presser LE have treated this as more than a runaway.
And my .02 is that there's an electronic trail they're following.

Tick- tock, TS.
If the red truck driver had brought along their cell phone I suspect it was left in the parked vehicle while 'deeds' were done at whichever distance from the vehicle, which might explain the tight-target searches within multiple, confined boundaries.

We don't know if each search location was based on GPS coordinates or on guesstimation of cell tower triangulation; someone must have assumed by turning off the LOCATION setting that LE would not be able to track.

It's satisfying to witness LE simply work and rely upon expertise and due diligence. Although described as a "very, very, very large puzzle", I suspect the pieces are identifiable and the final image will be clear, concise and justified.

I completely agree. He is being labeled a suspicious character, his motives are being questioned. He is probably being trashed in social media also although I don't know that. All he did was provide a video and his interpretation of what it shows to LE. It is up to them to discern it's value or clarity or if they want to use it as evidence in the future. What motive would he have to hinder this investigation? And I personally don't care if he was paid for it. Reporters can be pushy and maybe he was caught off guard. I doubt he is looking for his 15 minutes either. And IF he did say to AS that GS looked drugged, IMO that is just a phrase he used to mean GS seemed to appear sluggish. I don't think he meant to make AS feel any additional duress by saying that. Some people aren't great with how to express things. Then they think about it later and wish they hadn't worded it that way. I have empathy for him at this point. I could be all wrong, it's happened before.
MOO it isn't warranted to demean RD. When he went to EPSO, since I see that they are very professional, they must have told him what they would like him not to say to the press, but to express himself otherwise. We know there is other events in his footage in play, so thank you RD.

I tried to take a break & be productive, but my mind thinks of Gannon and runs the details over & over again!

1. Would blood from an foot wound or other exterior wound test/look different than blood from internal bleeding (ie. coughing up blood?) I'd assume the pattern would at least be different, but please correct me if I'm wrong.
  2. Cleaning products react with luminal, correct? So if someone tried to clean up blood, what would show up with luminal? Smearing, latent spatter?

Random thoughts:
-information from the sisters (especially younger) regarding any incidents/arguments with & condition of Gannon Sunday night and Monday morning are critical. When was the last time they definitely saw him? Did he seem alert, sick, or injured?
-praying LE has been able to track LS's travels on Monday before 2:15, that will zero in on where Gannon can be found
-when is the last time Gannon used his phone, besides the alleged "can my parents find me if I turn off my cell phone?" search

Yes blood can be identified as venous arterial or capillary.
Venous blood is de-oxygenated blood and flows.
Arterial blood spurts and leaves patterns.
Capillary blood is usually very small in quntity and a bandaid will solve it without necessarily leaving any trace at all anywhere, except perhaps on cleaning tissues used pre band-aiding.

Luminol and other lights can show the presence of chemicals used to clean stains and identify the chemicals used.
The YINGYING ZHANG case has amazing forensic work in the exhibits and testimonies.
It's worth a read and the case is here on websleuths.
Dna can be isolated from blood proving it belonged to one person and not another .

Yes they are. And for me, the facts are, 't' left that house in that truck with Gannon, and returned without him.

LE has focused on a few search areas, and THAT HOUSE :)
When is the last time LS talked to LEO,instead of having them go on a wild goose chase, spending 7000s of hrs looking for him, digging in the ice and snow, going back to the house time,after time????????

Monday would be a great day to hear from LE - location of Gannon or an arrest.
Does anyone know how often the Grand Jury convenes in Colorado? I know it usually isn't more than once a month. Dan May is certain to have been busy aligning all he needs to present.

I don't have pay pal...is there any other method I can donate to WS? I truly appreciate the forum provided for us amateur investigators to posit our solutions to the alleged crime. BTW, is there any reasonable explanation as to why there have not been more pleas from parents (including stepmother) on MSM...yes, we have a couple but I would figure after a month of searching there'd be more. My conclusion would be that much information that LE has would negate such pleas.

Grand Jurys & Indictments in Colorado Criminal Cases

Same as most states the Grand Jury used infrequently.
Grand Juries are generally seen as prosecutor friendly, basically a rubber stamp. So for the rights of the arrested, most states including Colorado use the "information" method.
A judge has to be convinced that there is enough cause to issue an arrest warrant.
A judge is thought harder audience to sway than a grand jury.
MOO a defendant can still demand the warrant be issued through a grand jury.

2. Cleaning products react with luminol, correct? So if someone tried to clean up blood, what would show up with luminol? Smearing, latent spatter?

Random thoughts:

Time for T to release another statement or do another interview to clear up any recent "misconceptions" and help find Gannon. I know she won't, but surely she wants to help give more information so Gannon can be found!

Your thoughts are my thoughts! I have followed WS for a number of cases and was impressed with the research and dialogue . I recently joined and this case has me gripped! My son shares the same birthday as Gannon and I so remember him at Gannon's age! I just truly want Gannon to come home! I want to believe in the happy ending of him hugging his loved ones! May LE come across the clues to break this case!

Monday would be a great day to hear from LE - location of Gannon or an arrest.
Does anyone know how often the Grand Jury convenes in Colorado? I know it usually isn't more than once a month. Dan May is certain to have been busy aligning all he needs to present.
Dan May didn’t use a grand jury in the Kelsey Berreth case, and he very well may not use one here.

I looked it up, and he has used a grand jury in cases like officer involved shootings.

So I think it all depends on the type of case

Had to be so because she stated they had the info, from her, from the very first day.
This doesn't explain why a false narrative was issued by all and sundry regarding a runaway child, though.
I think she told them nothing of value at all.

It could be in the way “T” tells a story. ‘I’d like to report a missing child. No, not my child. He didn’t come home from a friends today. No, I don’t know his name. His father is checking. No his father is out of town at the moment'….. Honestly, I can hear her now..

I have an 11 year old.
Today is Sunday.
My 11 year old is ill.
I am dedicated to tending to my child's needs .
I will do all that I can to watch over my child.
Like so many others .. I will do what needs to be done to make certain my child is safe.
If...by some unimaginable twist of fate.. the horror that I cannot even BEGIN to fully grasp...my child went missing tomorrow afternoon..
I swear , by all that is holy, unholy and anything in between..
I would NOT grant an interview in which I demanded apologies from anyone and everyone for looking at me with suspicion..
I would NOT take the liberty to tell everyone that I drove across country and sacrificed years of my life doing the job THAT I SIGNED UP FOR.
I would be pleading for help.
I would be retracing my steps.. my child's steps.. everyone's steps that could know something..anything.
I would NEVER EVER stop talking about my child.. and begging for everyone to help me.
The mothers that I know would do EXACTLY the same.
Today.. is Sunday.
My 11 year old is ill.
I thank God my child is in my care .
I thank God my child is safe.
If SOMEONE knows what happened to GS .. for the love of that child and for all children .. SPEAK UP.
Have the guts to spill what you know.
It is the RIGHT thing to do.
AMOO
IMO
MOO
Very touching and thought provoking Post RavenMoon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member