Found Deceased TN - Evelyn Boswell, 15 months, Sullivan County, 26 DEC 2019 *Arrests* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really want to believe Evelyn is ok.
I think parents have strong rights to raise their kids they way they see fit, within certain legal guidelines.
Shouldn't a parent be allowed to judge that their child is safe with extended family or friends?
So now we have a call for a welfare check, and the child is not produced....how do we judge that? Could there be acceptable reasons why?
What reasons or motivations could insular, isolated, off-grid, full-time RVing, seasonal-working, traveling families or communities have?
At some point maybe it becomes a riskier situation to produce the child just to show that she is ok? Will the government step in and take her at this point, no matter what?
All just rhetorical musing IMO MOO JMHO etc

Amid changing claims from Evelyn Boswell's mother, authorities push back

From this article:

"Evelyn's mother said she was afraid to report her missing and that the girl was with a babysitter. She would not identify the sitter."

"During that same interview, Boswell claimed she is pregnant."

"Sullivan County Jeff Cassidy has said Evelyn's case is full of "conflicting information and inaccuracies." "This is unlike anything I have ever seen,” Cassidy said."

When given the platform to discuss or clarify ANYTHING they want to with the media, a normal person with a missing child would ONLY discuss something they felt strongly about during those precious few minutes of opportunity. This is why I phrased my response as such. She was asked if there was anything she wanted to talk about or clarify and that is what she chose to discuss.
Yes, exactly. She chose to discuss that instead of asking for the public's help to find her baby and pleading to the person who has her baby to please bring her back safely. (Until she was prompted) She also chose to criticize LE because they aren't taking her seriously so she has to go search for her baby herself. They are her only hope in finding her child. Why isn't she thanking them and supporting their efforts instead of lying about the investigation?

She put all the blame on her mother but was vague as to how she threatened her. She stated that her mother was vindictive and she had had past problems with her but when asked why she trusted her to care for her child she just said, "because she's my mother."

She also said Evelyn is the kind of baby anyone would hope for but then went on to imply that it was "very hard" when she started to walk and that she pulled out clumps of her hair. She was so relieved that the one time she didn't pull her hair, but kissed her instead, she cried for a week.

She also said she had broken a lot of phones. How did she break them? Is it just an explanation for why she changed phones a lot? Does she have a temper?

She stated the last time she saw her was when she went out to lunch with her and described exactly what she was wearing. Is that the day she knew she went missing?

So yes, it is very interesting what she chose to speak about and why.

Imo

Last edited:
Can we list the discrepancies just from MB's own words from both the video interviews. It seems some posters have touched on some but the enitre list would be helpful to basically have to knock down what is clearly no longer relevent or can't be a fact.

I wish the reporter would have asked her about her using the ex-boyfriend's lastname on her current Facebook page when she asked about having multiple Facebook accounts and why her ex-boyfriend claimed Evelyn was with her dad during Christmas and had a broken arm when she asked Megan about the father.

Great job, Tippy, thank you! :) Will you please add that SCSO detectives traveled to NC to interview AB and WM over the weekend? MOO

Evelyn Boswell's grandmother and her boyfriend extradited to ‘get this situation resolved’
Sullivan County Sheriff's Office detectives traveled to Wilkesboro to interview Boswell and McCloud over the weekend about Evelyn, a Blountville toddler who has been missing for two months.

ETA: Didn't MB say in last night's interview that she last saw Evelyn a few days before Christmas?

Thanks @PommyMommy

Added:
February 22nd or 23rd - SCSO detectives traveled to Wilkesboro, NC to interview AB and WM over the weekend

I'll add MB saying the last time she last saw Evelyn was a few days before Christmas.

Been trying to confirm MB's age -- finally reported here.

Amid changing claims from Evelyn Boswell's mother, authorities push back

Megan Boswell, 18,
has full custody of the child and lives in Sullivan County. Evelyn's father, 20-year-old Ethan Perry, is on active duty in the military stationed in Louisiana. Both are involved in their daughter's investigation, authorities have said.

Perry's whereabouts were not immediately known on Tuesday.

"I have no knowledge of Ethan Perry’s current location; however, I watched an interview last night that Megan Boswell completed," Seabolt said Tuesday. "During the interview she stated that Ethan was attempting to have leave approved to return home."

After all the BS she said in last night's interview, I'm honestly starting to think that this " broken arm " story actually WAS something she told HW. And if she DID tell him that, WHY did she tell him that ?

So many lies coming out of this girl's mouth ! DCS took her...Ethan had her... Grandma had her... someone in a silver camper in Mendota, Va has her...last saw her on the 26 ... last saw her just before Christmas...

UGH !
She told HW that because she broke her arm, IMO. Or he broke the arm. I’m still not buying that he never met the baby. But if he didn’t, my theory is that EB died in an attack by MB, and that MB wanted some measure of sympathy and so that is the part she told him, but fudged the facts to blame EP. The reality doesn’t matter to MB, just the ability to play victim.

Someone needs to follow up on the broken arm allegation first brought to the media by HW and also told to police prior to that. This was alleged to have happened during Christmas with the girl’s biological father EP. However, it’s known EP never saw EB during that time.

This is said to have happened after she was last seen on or around December 10th. Why that reporter didn’t ask for elaboration is beyond me. That same reporter did however say there were things MB didn’t want to address, what those were we don’t know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member