CA CA - Matthew Weaver, 21, Santa Monica Mountains, 10 Aug 2018 #2

doodles1211

Reaction score
"Matthew Weaver was last seen at the Rosas Overlook where he apparently had driven his vehicle.

Hikers said they saw a man who was stuck in the area in his vehicle and they alerted authorities. Weaver, however, was not found in the area after a search.

Another search was conducted on Monday, to no avail, officials at the Los Hills Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department station told KTLA."

Authorities Search for Missing Granada Hills Man Last Seen in Topanga Area of Santa Monica Mountains

Thread #1

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't stop thinking about Matthew and the new video posted about the investigation. It was eye opening to see how car-destroying that trail is... why in the hell would he drive up there? And the fact that they showed his hat found in the dusty gravel trail and then a picture of him wearing it, just gave me chills. This case is absolutely wild. I wonder if anyone will ever find him or find out what happened. Do we have any official information about what he and the girl he was hanging out with were doing the night he was last seen? I've heard "partying" but no details

I can't stop thinking about Matthew and the new video posted about the investigation. It was eye opening to see how car-destroying that trail is... why in the hell would he drive up there? And the fact that they showed his hat found in the dusty gravel trail and then a picture of him wearing it, just gave me chills. This case is absolutely wild. I wonder if anyone will ever find him or find out what happened. Do we have any official information about what he and the girl he was hanging out with were doing the night he was last seen? I've heard "partying" but no details

my step mom and I actually found Matthew’s hat from a tip submitted from one of the drone photos. It wasn’t on a dirt trail it was down in the brush. Matthew and the girl drove around, picked up weed, went to Walmart, the gas station(not in that specific order) and sat up the street from her house until he dropped her off.

my step mom and I actually found Matthew’s hat from a tip submitted from one of the drone photos. It wasn’t on a dirt trail it was down in the brush. Matthew and the girl drove around, picked up weed, went to Walmart, the gas station(not in that specific order) and sat up the street from her house until he dropped her off.
Thanks for your response!!
Huh... do you think his hat maybe fell? Or you have no idea what to think, probably... :(
And that's good info. Okay, so they weren't doing any crazy drugs or anything. I'm just so confused how he would end up all the way up on that trail, when he loves his car and wouldn't want to harm it, and the texts from him were so jumbled. It all doesn't make sense to me. He is at the age where schizophrenia can onset but I don't know. Such an odd situation, and I seriously feel for your family. I think about Matt a lot.

You do not have to tell us but did the girl tell you what Matthew's plans were after dropping her off? It seems like such a random decision to drive up that trail unless he was planning to meet people there. I hope your family has answers soon.

The bullets found combined with the report from the hikers that there was screaming, makes me think maybe someone hurt him and took his body out of there - but I don't know how that would be easily done now that I've seen the trail and the brush and the whole area. What a tough area to search. @wildcats821 your family is so strong to be out there doing firsthand searching.

Ope, just remembered there's a camera on the trail going back down (right??) so someone couldn't have taken him down. I'm so confused as to what happened. I talked to my boyfriend about this trying to get an outside perspective, and he said maybe Matthew picked up someone else he trusted who directed him to the trail and killed him, or he was carjacked maybe.

Episode 2 just came out

Wildcats I for some reason thought they always did the infrared. :( so sad to hear they never did! What kind of searches have been done for Matthew. Any other ones by law enforcement other then the ones you did? Did they have any specialty hikers come in?
Since the infrared wasn’t done and we thought it was at first I’m curious now what exactly was done and how many people/scent dogs searched and for how long. Also the area that came up that was a rats nest, how did you figure that?

The bullets found combined with the report from the hikers that there was screaming, makes me think maybe someone hurt him and took his body out of there - but I don't know how that would be easily done now that I've seen the trail and the brush and the whole area. What a tough area to search. @wildcats821 your family is so strong to be out there doing firsthand searching.
We do all these searches ourselves with volunteers because the police don’t do *advertiser censored* they don’t care

Ope, just remembered there's a camera on the trail going back down (right??) so someone couldn't have taken him down. I'm so confused as to what happened. I talked to my boyfriend about this trying to get an outside perspective, and he said maybe Matthew picked up someone else he trusted who directed him to the trail and killed him, or he was carjacked maybe.
The microwave tower has a camera but caught the back end of the car going up. They never caught Matthew walking back down.

Wildcats I for some reason thought they always did the infrared. :( so sad to hear they never did! What kind of searches have been done for Matthew. Any other ones by law enforcement other then the ones you did? Did they have any specialty hikers come in?
Since the infrared wasn’t done and we thought it was at first I’m curious now what exactly was done and how many people/scent dogs searched and for how long. Also the area that came up that was a rats nest, how did you figure that?

they had “someone” walk back bone trail, I’m not sure how true that is. They have done in total maybe 4-5 searches including ones we have called and had to harass them about. They did one last “big one” with quads, and a couple climbers. It was a big joke and a performance it was completely half assed. They said this was it and they were not using anymore resources. This was at the end of March 2019

I'm so sorry you're still going through this. I hope you know that you're really helping a lot of others understand just how the system works. It's really hard to find missing people, and LE really limits most searches. It's sad to learn the resources on Michael's case were so thin. Angering.

Where does your heart tell you the search should go? If he didn't walk out, do you think he's still near where the car was found? Is there any chance he wound up in the sea? I know that's a long shot, but the case is so puzzling.

I'm so sorry you're still going through this. I hope you know that you're really helping a lot of others understand just how the system works. It's really hard to find missing people, and LE really limits most searches. It's sad to learn the resources on Michael's case were so thin. Angering.

Where does your heart tell you the search should go? If he didn't walk out, do you think he's still near where the car was found? Is there any chance he wound up in the sea? I know that's a long shot, but the case is so puzzling.

I think he is somewhere in those mountains or he was taken somewhere else similar to that area and he was murdered. The ocean is a pretty far away from where his car was found. I don’t see it being possible

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
utahtruecrimepod
Back