TX TX - Prisma Denisse Peralta Reyes, 26, did not pick up her child, Mesquite, 17 Apr 2019 #3

I think I'm starting to agree with everyone who believes she passed out/fell into a dumpster due to being highly intoxicated. Or maybe she passed out inside the open trunk of that car, and was later disposed of quietly by persons who didn't want to get in trouble?

I'm sure I'm not the only one on here that knows how unpredictably alcohol can affect you. You can drink on one day with barely a buzz, and drink the same amount a different day and become really drunk. I'm also sure I'm not the only one who's been really drunk, but when you need to take quick action, you get a rush of adrenalin that makes you temporarily lucid and stable. You could even be blacking out, even though to others you seem fine and in control of your actions.

That's what I suspect happened here. In the later-released video, she seems fine to us sitting in the restaurant, even though we know she's been drinking for three hours. And she seems definitely fine to me when she's making a run for the building before the gate closes. But maybe that was just adrenalin. In the older video, after she's made it inside, she's on the phone and swaying, which suggests how drunk she was.

Maybe after leaving (abandoning?) her job, having an emotional argument, being kicked out of a bar, getting into a road rage incident, running into a building, and all the while drinking for three hours, her body just physically gave up. Maybe she instinctively thought, "let me just lie down here in this dumpster/trunk for a few minutes," and that was that.

We have two witnesses (the one in the elevator, and the one on the top floor), not to mention the driver of the car, behind which Prisma was running in order to access the building. It was also around 6pm, when there was still daylight and people were coming home from work. In my opinion, it would've been very brazen of someone to try to harm her with all that going on.

As we search for answers in the sad disappearance of Prisma one thing remains: the exact location/address of her last known sighting (the apartment building). It is believed she went to the apartment building in a frantic effort to see her ex. It is also apparent that Prisma's condition began to deteriorate, likely because of intoxication. I'd like to add that heat and humidity played a factor in her deteriorating condition. In short, Prisma was in a quite vulnerable position by 6:00 p.m. The dumpster theory cannot be ruled out but law enforcement would have been remiss had all dumpsters not been checked as part of the building sweep that followed her disappearance. It is a point well taken that a random and dangerous encounter with a person or persons unknown would be quite risky in broad daylight but again, it cannot be ruled out. That leaves an encounter with a person or persons unknown who may have been alerted as to Prisma's exact whereabouts. I believe the ex knew Prisma's exact location at the time of her disappearance. Did anyone else? I cannot fathom a scenario where Prisma leaves the apartment building in her condition and walks where? I'm not sure she could walk very far by 6:00 p.m. Quite sad all around.

Can you answer the following questions (1-4) about Prisma? Question #5 is from thread #2.

1) Has Prisma ever disappeared for longer than 48 hours before? or Leaving her son for 48 hours or more, without reason or notice?
2) Has Prisma ever demonstrated she was suicidal? (known suicide attempts or overt threats)
3) Has Prisma shown any signs of mental illness? Manic decisions? Risky behaviors? Self destructive? Depression?
4) Do you know if Prisma at the time of her disappearance was taking any anti-anxiety medication? Xanix?
5) I believe you stated, in regards to the vehicle in the parking garage, with the trunk open, next to Prisma, two people were known with similar vehicles. Who are they?
answer to your questions are no, as for the two people we are not sure who they were
answer to your questions are no, as for the two people we are not sure who they were

Can you answer the following questions (1-4) about Prisma? Question #5 is from thread #2.

1) Has Prisma ever disappeared for longer than 48 hours before? or Leaving her son for 48 hours or more, without reason or notice?
2) Has Prisma ever demonstrated she was suicidal? (known suicide attempts or overt threats)
3) Has Prisma shown any signs of mental illness? Manic decisions? Risky behaviors? Self destructive? Depression?
4) Do you know if Prisma at the time of her disappearance was taking any anti-anxiety medication? Xanix?
5) I believe you stated, in regards to the vehicle in the parking garage, with the trunk open, next to Prisma, two people were known with similar vehicles. Who are they?

I believe the answer to our question is who has a matching vehicle or had a matching vehicle. Purely speculation but I bet LE's missing puzzle piece is the vehicle.

Rather than Prisma falling into a dumpster or climbing into a car trunk, there is a simpler scenario.

Prisma is an attractive woman but is way stressed and vulnerable. Some guy comes along and under guise of empathy gets Prisma into his apartment with the idea of sex. Things go bad and Prisma ends up dead. Prisma is still in that unknown apartment or has been transferred elsewhere over these many months.

Rather than Prisma falling into a dumpster or climbing into a car trunk, there is a simpler scenario.

Prisma is an attractive woman but is way stressed and vulnerable. Some guy comes along and under guise of empathy gets Prisma into his apartment with the idea of sex. Things go bad and Prisma ends up dead. Prisma is still in that unknown apartment or has been transferred elsewhere over these many months.

It would be tricky to keep things quiet and to remove her from the building without being seen.

It would be tricky to keep things quiet and to remove her from the building without being seen.
She could still be in the killer's apartment. Ira Einhorn killed his girlfriend inside his own apartment and kept her in a foot locker or steamer trunk until she was found by police several months later.
-
I'm also reminded of the line from the movie American Psycho when the Bateman character mentions that his latest murder victim is "dissolving in a bath tub in Hell's Kitchen." Prisma's body may have been destroyed inside the apartment where she was murdered.

In a way, this kinda reminds me of Nicole Morin's case. Nicole, age 8, disappeared from her apartment complex. Nicole was seen inside, but was never seen going out of it, so one theory is that another resident could've lured her to his apartment, held and killed her there, then disposed of her body in secret.

The only difference for me, though, is that Nicole lived there. A resident could've stalked her for months, noting her routine, when she'd go out alone, etc., and planned around that. Nicole could've also felt comfortable with this person because she recognized him as a neighbor.

Prisma didn't live in that residential complex. She didn't even have access to it, as she has to run behind a vehicle before the gate closes. From the haphazard way she parked outside, her visit appears to be totally spontaneous and intended to be short. And the only person she knew at that complex, who had motive to harm her, is confirmed by police to have been in a different city at that time.

This is why I find it hard to believe that some random resident lured her to his apartment. It would've been the chance of a lifetime, to happen upon a female in distress practically at your doorstep—no knowledge of routine, most likely the first time seeing her—and then decide she's the one he wants to target? True, some criminals can be this opportunistic, but usually it's out in the open, far from witnesses. Here, he would've had a building full of witnesses.

And then would Prisma have fallen for that? She's described as crying and emotional at this point. She was also angry enough to get into a road rage incident earlier. I just don't see her calmly and quietly accepting a stranger's advances. I also note that it looks like Prisma is using her phone on speaker. People tend to speak louder when they use their phone this way, and of course the other person will be just as audible. She would've already been creating attention, a deterrent for any would-be criminal.

I know it was several pages back, but I wonder if the bloodhounds that were brought in a few days later were SAR dogs and scent dogs focused on finding alive people, or cadaver dogs. I think it makes a difference. While I tend to fall into the "death by misadventure" theory of what happened to Prisma, it would help to rule that out or in if cadaver dogs were there and found nothing. However, I do think that's happened in other cases where bodies were missed so it's not definitive.

My heart goes out to @winter63 and the family for this nightmare of not having any answers still.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VT_Squire
Back