CA - Kobe Bryant, 41, daughter GiGi, 13, & 7 others die in helicopter crash, Calabasas, 26 Jan 2020

"If money could solve all of your problems, you don't have any problems at all.".

That quote is so relevant to Vanessa right now. She will have predators coming to her from all angles. No one would wish a tragedy like this on anyone.

Wrongful death suit? KB was worth an astronomical sum. Is the company at fault? Or can the entire situation be placed as "pilot error"?

I personally am disgusted that she's suing the pilots estate, especially after she collected donations to pay for his funeral.

It's all about money too. She also wants to be reimbursed for Kobe's funeral expenses.

I haven't seen anything about suing for Gigi too but I'll be shocked if she's not

(SNIP)
Wrongful death suit? KB was worth an astronomical sum. Is the company at fault? Or can the entire situation be placed as "pilot error"?
Hi mickey2942 ..... a thought just went thru my mind .... it was Kobe Himself who some years ago decided to use helicopters .... along with the inherited risk that comes with it ..... so (in my opinion) he shares some of the responsibility as well ..... not to mention he brought some of his friends and family along ..... but I doubt any of that will be mentioned in the lawsuits .... everyone will try to blame the helicopter company

Hi mickey2942 ..... a thought just went thru my mind .... it was Kobe Himself who some years ago decided to use helicopters .... along with the inherited risk that comes with it ..... so (in my opinion) he shares some of the responsibility as well ..... not to mention he brought some of his friends and family along ..... but I doubt any of that will be mentioned in the lawsuits .... everyone will try to blame the helicopter company

In the end, it is the pilot who made the decision to fly, without the instruments available for flight during foggy weather conditions.

We wouldn't blame a consumer of any products or services for their own demise by using the service.

In the end, it is the pilot who made the decision to fly, without the instruments available for flight during foggy weather conditions.

We wouldn't blame a consumer of any products or services for their own demise by using the service.

This was stressed on TMZ, it was also mention the pilot coulda/shoulda turned back. I’m unclear how bad the fog was at take off. I’ve had very heavy fog at my house and a mile away it is perfectly clear, or the opposite. Also, the fog might roll in late, maybe not foggy at 7a.m. But by nine, too heavy to see. Moo

I think Vanessa is in tremendous pain and I send her my prayers. She lost the love of her life and also her daughter. Part of grief may be trying to find blame.

Only thing that will help is time. IMO

Anyone know who Lebron and AD are talking to?

upload_2020-2-27_19-30-31.jpeg

This was stressed on TMZ, it was also mention the pilot coulda/shoulda turned back. I’m unclear how bad the fog was at take off. I’ve had very heavy fog at my house and a mile away it is perfectly clear, or the opposite. Also, the fog might roll in late, maybe not foggy at 7a.m. But by nine, too heavy to see. Moo
Don't believe anything we read stated it was foggy at takeoff..rather the helicopter traveled in a straight flight path until it reached the LA area where the need for assistance (and circling) began.

Don't believe anything we read stated it was foggy at takeoff..rather the helicopter traveled in a straight flight path until it reached the LA area where the need for assistance (and circling) began.
@zecats I’m not even going to post links regarding conditions at take off. I could post 100 stating visibility was clear & 100 more stating condition too poor for clearance.

@zecats I’m not even going to post links regarding conditions at take off. I could post 100 stating visibility was clear & 100 more stating condition too poor for clearance.
I'm only saying that the flight path was shown along with voice transmission from the pilot to AT advisors. The path indicated a straight and quick flight north before running into trouble, where he circled and waited for fog to clear. Makes sense to me that when he took off, there was at least decent visibility.

I think Vanessa is in tremendous pain and I send her my prayers. She lost the love of her life and also her daughter. Part of grief may be trying to find blame.

Only thing that will help is time. IMO

Many are suffering pain as a result of the accident. Kinda sad to think we would not know much about it had K & G not been killed.
I don’t think Vanessa’s pain to be worse than anyone else’s.
Hard to even know if K & V would have remained married.
I think Kobe lived being a dad, not so sure he felt the same about marriage, based on reports over the years. Moo
I’m sad his two little Mambacita’s will never know him.

I’ve read the pilot was given special clearance.
What an awful predicament for him, he had to be scared to death as he tried to maneuver to safety.

I'm only saying that the flight path was shown along with voice transmission from the pilot to AT advisors. The path indicated a straight and quick flight north before running into trouble, where he circled and waited for fog to clear. Makes sense to me that when he took off, there was at least decent visibility.

Last edited:

Agreed .... but here is the thing .... EVERY pilot makes a decision before flying , and if conditions appear unsafe he will simply stay on the ground. We must remember that the pilot does not wish put his own life at risk either.

Having said that , the helicopter flights with the some of the highest accident rates are the medivac flights ... as a matter of fact they have a hard time even finding pilots to work for them.

Endless hours of sheer boredom and when the alarm bells ring for an emergency rescue it is usually bad weather , or dangerous terrain and it is a tough decision to say the flying ambulance will not come.

Under that pressure the pilot will usually choose to go , and those are state of the art helicopters that can fly on instruments ..... however things still go wrong and they crash killing doctors and nurses and paramedics and if the injured patient was picked up , he perishes too.

And what really peeves me is they never blame the hiker or skier who has gone to some remote mountain , then falls off a cliff or skies into a tree and has broken legs .... noooo .... we never blame those athletic fools for playing a dangerous sport ... we always blame the pilot who tried to rescue them .

Igor Sikorsky (May 25, 1889 – October 26, 1972) was the inventor of the rescue helicopter and nothing thrilled him more than when one of his machines was used to save lives , they say he kept a running record of them , a man like him is much more a hero than multi-million dollar sports stars. Or snow boarders who emerge from a cloud of pot smoke and fly off a cliff in the mountains.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back