Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not seeing bodies of water when I look at the images. It does appear as a body of water on the map, but I just can't find water in the actual images. I'm in Colorado, but not familiar with this exact area. Anyone? Is there a body of water at this location?

FYI: Regarding the search tomorrow, windy off & on today but sunny and about 45F. Daytime temps have been warm enough to melt snow for several days now. Tomorrow is supposed to be a really nice day and almost 55F!!!!!

Fingers & toes crossed for sweet Gannon!

When an adult loses a young child in a retail store after a just few searching minutes its Def Con 9.
Lose an 11 year old boy at dark when you don't know where he went and he always tells someone initiates the same level of panic.

ABSOLUTELY!
Anyone who has lost sight of their child in public , even for a few moments understands the immediate panic that sets in. Frantic searching... it’s the WORST feeling.
I’ve seen people react more strongly than SM when they’ve lost one of their pets outside. Her reaction is NOT normal for someone missing a child who was entrusted to them. IMO

I wonder why they carried an orange cone out. Who in the world owns an orange cone?

Um I did until I donated them to my work. You can easily buy them. They're handy if you work with kids a lot. I had them from Girl Scouts. My work had them because it was a daycare. We even had one that became a home to honeybees. By the time the local beekeeper came they had moved on but he gave me the comb to show the kids. But like others say they believe it was carried in by LE which to me would mean they maybe used it to protect the integrity of something.

Got it:
Volunteer Search for GANNON (Military Only)

RSBM - the fact this is military only gives me hope. They would be likely to have enough training to not muck up a scene and that is helpful if they have reasons to be suspecting this area. And while LE isn't involved they surely know about it and if they didn't directly encourage that spot perhaps the spot was chosen because of things said in the community or online.

Hypothetically, if someone were to contact reporters on say, Twitter, they might be able to squeeze some information out of the Sheriff’s department regarding tomorrow’s search.

They may not be aware of this yet.

SHHHHHH!!!
Kittythehare by her own admission, last thread...but keep that on the lowdown, among the 300 or so currently online.

Oh my @Murphy1950, thank you for this!!! I haven't laughed in days (mostly in tears about Gannon) and your comment gave me a good laugh! Don't worry Kitty, your secret is safe with us! ;)

Now I'm speculating LE is requesting more manpower (see the request for Military volunteers) to search a undisclosed targeted area/location for a body. IMO, LE probably have some solid evidence at this point, they of course need to recover this poor little one to pull this all together.

I like the idea of military volunteers for this mission. These are men/women who take direction well, can be briefed fairly quickly on do's and don't's and easily set out to search, work as a team.

On a side note: I always feel so much for the person(s) who are the ones who actually find remains. My heart is always heavy for them.

Got it:
Volunteer Search for GANNON (Military Only)
by Major Jason Reed 720-930-1313

Free
Share this event

Date And Time
Fri, February 28, 2020

8:00 AM – 5:00 PM MST

3310 Walker Road

Colorado Springs, CO 80908

View Map

Event description

Gannon's father is a member of the CONG and has been missing for over 4 weeks now. Volunteers from the CONG are needed to aid in the search

Members of the CONG are needed to aid in the search of Gannon Stauch. This search is being treated as law enforcement sensitive and those assisting may not post any related information on social media or other public platforms.

Members of the CONG who choose to aid in search efforts must be in civilian clothes and must have their military ID with them.

Members of the CONG who choose to aid in search efforts shall not be in a duty status. This is a volunteer mission only.

Shift times are 0800-1200 and 1200-1700

Reporting location: 3310 Walker Road, Colorado Springs, CO (vicinity of Hwy 105 and Hwy 83). Check in at the El Paso County Mobile Command Vehicle.

Volunteer Search for GANNON (Miiltary Only)

ETA: @Silverheels where is this in relation to that previous search?

BBM Websleuths *is* social media. Should this really be posted here ?military personnel and family members are usually expected to adhere to the “Loose Lips sink ships” policy

BBM Websleuths *is* social media. Should this really be posted here ?military personnel and family members are usually expected to adhere to the “Loose Lips sink ships” policy
They’re talking about those military personnel who actually take part in the search.

If one of them comes on here afterwards and comments on it, then you’d be right.

FYI: Regarding the search tomorrow, windy off & on today but sunny and about 45F. Daytime temps have been warm enough to melt snow for several days now. Tomorrow is supposed to be a really nice day and almost 55F!!!!!

Fingers & toes crossed for sweet Gannon!

Dear @MtnMama,

Thanks for posting the forecast for tomorrow in that area! It sounds like a promising day!

The weather has proved to be so crucial for searching - especially in this case!

Here For Gannon

Last edited:
IMO NO WAY would LE tip their hand and name a search location ahead of the search. My guess, since they're calling in reinforcements, is that 3310 Walker Road is the staging location only. Based on prior searches in other missing persons cases, they'll gather boots on the ground in an area and then bus to one or more undisclosed (to the media) locations.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member