Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom, arrested* #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
So sad!! Such nice families involved, not to mention lots of extended family members and friends. I went and saw my mom who lives there the other day, and went to the grocery store, and saw a high school friend. So of course we talked about it, and it's just a horrible thing all around. It gives me a lot of understanding of other murder cases, and how they effect families, towns, etc., and I really never understood that before. MOO.
Oh how that must be so true..... they will never get over this really. Just hope they can come together to be "whole together"

If LVD blames the kid's disappearing on AC, why after Tylee disappeared would she let AC around JJ? Proof that JJ was last seen after Tylee is and has been documented.

Also, someone posted online another thought I've been thinking, why would you hide your kids because you thought the state/CPS would put them in foster homes only to not talk to them or see them while your having fun in HI?

Things like this bother me. I'm just guessing on what kind of defense she's going to have to where the children are and why in the world does CD support whatever story she's told.

Cartel has them and they told her to pretend to have fun in HI?

I'll wait.

I will point this out, since this is relevant.

In the LDS community, *advertiser censored* is right up there with Adultery, and fornication.
If you go on an LDS forum, and start reading what some of the people write (particularly females - no offense), it is pure hatred and complete intolerance.

To the outside world, *advertiser censored* usage is not a big deal, to the LDS community it is equivalent to having leprosy in biblical times. JMO

So when Melani states that this is “dark and extreme *advertiser censored*” this may just be mainstream *advertiser censored* for all I know. What I wanted to point out is how it is viewed in the LDS community to help others see it in the proper perspective. MOO

Justin Lum Fox 10 on Twitter

Chad states NO PETS OR CHILDREN

ER55WgcXUAAtP8r

You know, I really think they thought none of this would ever come out and this would never be a story anyone would know. MOO. It gives me hope for what LE found out electronically.

Me too. All this talk of “no children”. Assuming there’s more of this, and I’m sure there is, I think it’s going to be very clear they had absolutely no intention of getting those children back.

Wow, this is interesting. Especially what she was saying about Husband #1 not being LDS. Depending on her family dynamics, that could shed light on a lot of what is going on.

There are some LDS families, that will basically ostracize you and cut all ties if you marry outside of the faith. Not very Christ like, but it still happens. JMO

So far, we don't know what the family dynamics were though. We also don't know what her relationship was with Husband #1.

Pure speculation. If she was in love with Husband #1 but left him for her family, that may explain her pattern with husbands 2-5. MOO
This is EXACTLY what came to mind for me as soon as I read the article about her high school friend. I have a theory, but need to cross reference dates on the timeline and a few other facts. But it has to do with the 1st hubby not being Mormon, 2nd not wanting her or to be a dad (she feels rejected), 3rd adopts CR and TR is born, but in the end, divorce (rejected, again) ....will elaborate more tomorrow after some shuteye and fact checking.

We know Melani texted Brandon telling him she is moving to Idaho (Boise, so she didn't even tell him the correct location she was moving to) and that he could keep the children in Arizona (she would take them for Summer and holidays). She also left the stuff belonging to the kids on the curb when she moved to Rexburg. So she was just fine with leaving the children with him, despite whatever flaws she is now accusing him of having. But now she demands to have custody? I am really curious as to what made her change her mind.

Last edited:
Warning. I'm a bit numb still, but I need to share this. There's a reason, keep reading.

I found my elderly next door neighbor dead about 2.5 hours ago. Called 911, the whole natural death scenario. Tip: don't touch anything if you find your neighbor deceased, and have ID ready. You can touch stuff after the coroner declares natural death. Have your ID ready. They need your statement and they will check you out with dispatch.

So. All family is far away. Since I obviously knew her, the police came over afterwards. Here's the important point:

He told me there were body fluids in the house and NONE OF THEM (emts, police, coroner) are allowed to clean at a scene. Guess who cleaned it up? Yes, I followed protocol. I had a nurse help me. No way was i leaving that for the family to walk into.

Remember that cop cleaning up under CV?

Jmo food for thought.

I am so sorry. I can't even imagine. Thanks for sharing this with us, I wouldn't have known what to do in this situation and glad to know now just in case.

Tammy's family mostly lives in Springville, Utah, as does most of Chad's, but not everyone. I am quite sure there is a, hopefully temporary, estrangement right now with Chad's kids and Tammy's family for the most part. I hope when the son who is on a mission returns he helps fix some family problems and misunderstandings. MOO.

Poor kid. Hopefully no one asks him if he is related to Chad.
A mission is hard enough. MOO

you know I had thought of that too, but i have come to conclusion that this was the "ultimate lust out mid-life thingy".... Wouldn't it be kind of cool if we had some women "come out" to say differently. Might shock us all!!
ok

ok...so now we are back to 2017. Can anyone recall when the dancing text messages to Chad occurred? I didn't think anything much about them....but they had to be "pen pals" for a while before that happened.

IIRC the dancing text messages were sent in January 2019.

Wow, this is interesting. Especially what she was saying about Husband #1 not being LDS. Depending on her family dynamics, that could shed light on a lot of what is going on.

There are some LDS families, that will basically ostracize you and cut all ties if you marry outside of the faith. Not very Christ like, but it still happens. JMO

So far, we don't know what the family dynamics were though. We also don't know what her relationship was with Husband #1.

Pure speculation. If she was in love with Husband #1 but left him for her family, that may explain her pattern with husbands 2-5. MOO
Her pattern seems to be in love with every husband she marries, and then it all goes sour.
At least with husband #3 and #4, relatives of the husbands seems to be suggesting it started off really well, and then obviously went really sour. So I wouldn't count on husband #1 being somehow special. She seems to be following the same pattern with every husband.

I have no law enforcement training, but I do teach logic, and I keep going back to what seems to be the pivotal moment in all of this, which is the murder of CV. Does anyone else here interpret the situation in the same way?

Bringing this forward. I want to talk about this.

Pivotal moment to what? I see Lori's moment maybe being years ago. Can we have more than one pivotal moment?

The infinity mirrors from what I was told are symbolic of eternal marriage. If I recall, these mirrors are only in the rooms set aside for sealing. Other LDS people may know more about than I do though.

Not sure how easy it would be too sneak in there and attempt to have your won unauthorized version of a sealing. Which is what has been speculated that CD and LVD may have done.

Something that Lori's son said kind of resonated with me. He said the statement at the end of the Dr Phil episode, I don't remember the words he said, but the idea stuck with me.

That his mom was so caught up in the end times, and seemed to really be convinced that the world was going to end in July 2020. She seemed that any life goals were irrelevant, as well as any choices that we make between now and then. That was my take on it anyways. JMO

If that is the case, she may absolved herself of any choices that she is making. She may have convinced herself that her actions have no consequences. A scary thought really.

However, if she truly thinks she is a "god", right/wrong no longer apply, nor does consequences, morality, ethics, culture, and so forth. Technically it sounds dangerously close to what an absolute approach to Atheism would be. JMO

I'll refrain from playing an armchair psychologist, since that seems to be not appreciated (in this forum). Sometimes my passion gets the best of me. :oops:

I will make one observation that is relevant.

I remember listening to an interview that Richard Kuklinski (The Iceman) did, and he talked about several of the killings he had committed, but there was zero remorse. It was like someone reading you a shopping list, it was terrifying. JMO

From what Lori's son is saying, it seems as if she has no remorse over her actions at this point, I'll let everyone draw their own conclusions from there. MOO

I noticed that when CR said it too. She seems to have believed that as the world was ending there was no point in worrying. Perhaps she felt a certain freedom to act as she wanted to?

I just want to say though that an atheist doesn’t believe that there’s no consequences. They still believe in those, morals etc, basically everything that a believer would just without God being your judge.

Your consequences are here and now though and would be in a court if you did wrong, or via your community. Hope you don’t mind me saying and please don’t take offence, it just shocked me to see a comparison to LV and her views as being as dangerous as absolute atheism. MOO

They were definitely "pen-pal'ing" it up at some point... Wasn't there previous discussion on a prior thread about Lori sending "dancing videos" via email that Charles or Kay found/saw?

Yes, Kay mentions this on the Dateline episode too.

However, this has not been confirmed officially by LEO, so to me, this has not been substantiated yet. Although, I don't doubt Kay, this would not hold up in a court trial. MOO

RSBM. Welcome back Portiz! :) But I don't think you understand the rules here yet. We can ONLY sleuth people when they are named as Persons of Interest (POI) or Suspects by Law Enforcement. Or if they are missing or were murdered we can sleuth those victims. We are NOT allowed to sleuth family members of the POI/family of the victims. Please go back and delete your post if you still have time to. You can
! I thought we could name people if they were in MSM - I'm sorry!

Everything I have read dates December 2018 as the first Podcast with Chad as guest on with regular cast. It was 2 parts. That being said, there may be personal a data trail that will show earlier personal contact. Also, I miss things others don’t...

Warning: Long post speculative post ahead. :D

There seems to be a lot of info pointing to them having met earlier than 2018. Or, at the very least, they had ample opportunities to have met earlier.

From the timeline:

Approx 2016 or 2017 – Lori and Chad may have met for the first time as early as 2016 or 2017. Lori’s friend says in a Dec 2019 interview that Lori first became “obsessed” with Chad’s books about 4 years ago. JJ’s grandmother, KW says in a 30 Jan 2020 presser that she believes Lori & Chad may have met in 2016 or 2017. (Friend interview, Fox7 Austin, & KW’s Presser video).

[...]

June 2017 – Family members say Lori and Chad first met sometime around June 2017 (Daily Mail).

Summer of 2017 – Chad meets author and podcaster, Melanie Gibb (MG), for the first time after he speaks at a campout in Northern Utah. MG invites him to speak in her hometown of Mesa, Arizona (Chad's Forward for MG's book).

[...]

Dec 2017 – Lori and Chad made their first appearance together on a podcast (Daily Mail)

[...]

June 2018 – Chad finishes writing his “Times of Turmoil” book series and "felt prompted" to speak about the book in AZ in July. He contacts author Melanie Gibb and MG arranges a joint speaking event with Chad and another speaker (Chad’s blog).

[...]

27 June 2018 – Chad announces a book signing on his blog for his book “Reclaiming Liberty”, the last book in his “Times of Turmoil” series.

30 June 2018 – Chad holds a book signing in Sugar City, ID (Chad’s blog It’s finally here! | cdaybell.com ).

13 July 2018 – Chad speaks at an event in Mesa, AZ with another author and he has a book signing after; This event was arranged by Chad’s author friend, Melanie Gibb (Websleuths Verified Insider).

[...]

Sept 2018
- Chad starts speaking on a podcast called "Glimpses Through the Veil" (Podcast website & Event Flyers).

15 Sept 2018 - Chad speaks at a prepper event in Brigham City, Utah (Event Flyers).

26-27 Oct 2018 - Chad speaks at a prepper event in St George, Utah (Event Flyers).

16-17 Nov 2018 Chad speaks at a prepper event in Mesa, AZ (Event Flyers).

Late 2018 – Lori and Chad met at a “prepper event” in AZ where Chad gave a talk. (Dateline).

[...]

5 Dec 2018 – Lori & Chad, along with others, do a podcast together titled “Time to Warrior Up” with the topic mostly being about the end of the world (East Idaho News, HLN True Crime).

Jan 2019 – Chad is a guest interview on “Time To Warrior Up” podcast with Lori co-hosting the podcast along with hosts JM & MG (podcast website).

Jan 2019 (Approx) - Lori emails Chad a video of herself dancing; Charles found the video because Lori was not technologically savvy and did not delete the email from the “sent” folder. This lead CV to believe Lori was having an affair with Chad (According to CV’s sister KW, in Jan 30, 2020 Presser).

----

If it was just one source saying they could have met before 2018 then I could dismiss it. But we seem to have multiple sources and multiple opportunities where Chad and Lori could have met and planned to find a way to meet again. What made Chad suddenly "feel prompted" to speak in Mesa, AZ a year after meeting Lori's friend Melanie Gibb? I don't believe that was a prompting from God he was getting. Chad seems to have a pattern of using his "promptings" in order to manipulate or get something he wants. Theoretically, what if Chad met Lori at the same time he met MG in the summer/June of 2017? Maybe they kept in touch and sent some emails back and forth. Lori was a big fan of Chad's books and maybe she believed Chad to be wealthy and powerful in this group they were both involved with.

Theoretically, after a year of flattering emails and possibly other forms of communication from her, maybe Chad just had to find a way to travel to Mesa to see Lori again? So he finishes his book and says he has "been prompted" to speak on it in Mesa, AZ. Sounds perfectly innocent to anyone who doesn't know about Lori. But it's mighty suspicious if there happens to be an email or texting trail between them, as I'm theorizing. By Jan 2019 Lori is sending Chad inappropriate videos of herself dancing. It's hard for me to buy that an affair jumped to "dancing video email" level only a month or 2 after they met for the first time. Most affairs like we are discussing don't happen overnight. They start with little things and snowball.

I think around 2017 both Lori and Chad were dissatisfied with their life partners/life in general and both were ripe for an affair to happen. Maybe Chad was unhappy because he made Tammy move to Rexburg, which he thought would bring them prosperity, only to find they still struggled financially and Tammy isn't as happy as she was living in Utah near her parents. Chad has to work at a printing place to make ends meet, when he would rather be writing books. Maybe Lori was unhappy by 2017 because Charles made her leave her island paradise of Kauai. The Juice business failed and Charles likely tightened the budget and told Lori they have to move back to AZ or TX. I'm speculating that Lori started looking for a new richer man who could take her back to her paradise as soon as she moved back to the mainland.

One thing I'm really interested in is when did this group that Chad and Lori are a part of start taking other's spouses to the temple and praying about being with each other... Was that an idea that originated with Lori and Chad? Or did Lori and Chad glom onto the group because of this idea? Did they think many in the group would accept them if they suddenly declared they had revelation saying they were supposed to leave their long time spouses to be with each other? And I also wonder if at some point Lori and Chad realized that without their respective spouses (Charles and Tammy) they had no source of income and could become just as poor as Tammy and Chad had been when times were lean and a bankruptcy happened. At that point is when I think a plan was hatched which could land these 2 lovebirds in prison for the rest of their lives.

MOO.

Last edited:
Jh
Bringing this forward. I want to talk about this.

Pivotal moment to what? I see Lori's moment maybe being years ago. Can we have more than one pivotal moment?

Yes. There do seem to be many “pivotal moments.” I would point to the moment Lori abandoned JJ and CV and disappeared to HI for over a month in early 2019. Just one of many pivotal moments. While she was there she kept expecting to hear news of CVs death, according to her friend on Dateline. MOO

I'd like to add something I've hesitated on being the reasoning for the kids being gone in LVD's mind that CD understands or makes sense.

There are mental disorders involving religion. Schizophrenia or Bipolar involved. Religious delusions can occur. I've witnessed a person believing evil spirits were trying to kill all in there family. They would chant, hand in air with a stick or whatever to keep these evil spirits away. It's really not uncommon either from what I've read and witnessed. We've read many sad stories of a person thinking God, devil or voices, telling someone to go kill sadly.

I think maybe LVD has needed meds over the years for Schizophrenia or for being Bipolar possibly. Just a thought but doubt that's it.

Whatever defense it will be a doozy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member