Deceased/Not Found CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #48

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know how much jail time either one can get, but obviously, without an incredible explanation, FD had pre-arranged WITH them to provide an alibi for Friday morning. That alone makes them guilty of conspiracy...they will argue, of course, that they had no idea what FD was going to do. That's going to be a good story.

Then, they both will need to explain Albany avenue. MT accompanied him and KM was called as the drop off was ending. What do they know about this? Law enforcement may also be able to convince the jury that MT knew what was going on after their abrupt exit from the Ski Club barbecue. Her fingerprints were found in the trash recovered. I think MT is sunk.

We also have the EE's tale about the seats, the unusual key disappearance, and the free detailing job. MT can't wiggle out her knowledge here. She also was caught in numerous lies to LE--hindering an investigation. All of her word salad answers, and her pleas that she didn't know what was going wouldn't convince me if I were a juror...at least at this point.

Perhaps, KM's phone records will confirm some of the other details. Am anxious to know what other video LE has and what other blood evidence they may have found.

MOO...IMO

P.S. Lots I probably forgot...so anyone, feel free to add other markers of guilt. :)
So, I don't think it's in the LE reports, about MT going to the NY Probate Court to try to look up records on HF's trust, (came up in the civil case), but that could be incriminating on the conspiracy charge, particularly if she went there before the bloody scene transpired in NC. It also could be evidence against her if she went there afterwards. MOO

I don't know how much jail time either one can get, but obviously, without an incredible explanation, FD had pre-arranged WITH them to provide an alibi for Friday morning. That alone makes them guilty of conspiracy...they will argue, of course, that they had no idea what FD was going to do. That's going to be a good story.

Then, they both will need to explain Albany avenue. MT accompanied him and KM was called as the drop off was ending. What do they know about this? Law enforcement may also be able to convince the jury that MT knew what was going on after their abrupt exit from the Ski Club barbecue. Her fingerprints were found in the trash recovered. I think MT is sunk.

We also have the EE's tale about the seats, the unusual key disappearance, and the free detailing job. MT can't wiggle out her knowledge here. She also was caught in numerous lies to LE--hindering an investigation. All of her word salad answers, and her pleas that she didn't know what was going wouldn't convince me if I were a juror...at least at this point.

Perhaps, KM's phone records will confirm some of the other details. Am anxious to know what other video LE has and what other blood evidence they may have found.

MOO...IMO

P.S. Lots I probably forgot...so anyone, feel free to add other markers of guilt. :)
So, I don't think it's in the LE reports, about MT going to the NY Probate Court to try to look up records on HF's trust, (came up in the civil case), but that could be incriminating on the conspiracy charge, particularly if she went there before the bloody scene transpired in NC. It also could be evidence against her if she went there afterwards. MOO
OMGoodness....Cernovich is vile...hates women. NP and MC will probably get along very well.

NP and MC go back years--from when they were blogging together on "Crime & Federalism". They were of the "Liberal" persuasion then.

MOO...IMO

OMGoodness....Cernovich is vile...hates women. NP and MC will probably get along very well.

NP and MC go back years--from when they were blogging together on "Crime & Federalism". They were of the "Liberal" persuasion then.
The Day of the Disappearance
Jennifer dropped her kids at the New Canaan Country School at eight a.m. on May 24, 2019. She was seen by parents. Her car, a 2017 Suburban, was seen on camera again at 8:05 a.m., heading toward her house on Welles Lane. The car did not reappear on camera until 10:25 a.m., now presumably with a different driver, in a different state of mind.Jennifer’s state of mind was probably one familiar to all parents of tightly scheduled kids: school, breakfast, call, drive, doctor, drive, home, orthodontist, rink, homework, get them to sleep, go to sleep.The other driver’s state of mind, the mind of the person behind the wheel of the Suburban at 10:25, a mind that police allege belonged to Fotis, is unknowable.
Maybe he believed he was halfway home, nearly safe. Maybe he believed he would now have what he wanted: children, money, freedom from lawyers, judges, and humiliating obligations. Maybe he was confused, or felt a twinge of regret. What would it feel like to kill a person you loved, to snuff out the mother of your children, the woman you knew in childbirth and college, to bind her with zip ties and carry her body away like a bag of trash? Maybe he’d disassociated himself from his actions—if he did not believe he had done it, then he had not done it. Maybe he was happy. Maybe he felt nothing at all.If you fell off the calendar, dropped from your quotidian rounds of texts and appointments, how long would it take before someone noticed? After all, a mother of five, the smart, active head of a young family, does not simply vanish.Jennifer had gone over the day’s schedule with the nanny. She’d drop the kids at school, go home, have a quick breakfast, then drive to New York for a doctor’s appointment, after which she’d meet her kids at the orthodontist in the afternoon. She said she’d leave the Suburban and take the Range Rover, which is easier to park.But something seemed wrong when Almeida showed up at the house at 11:30. Entering through the garage, she saw that the Range Rover was in its usual place, the center spot of the three-car bay, and the Suburban was gone. That’s strange. She walked into the kitchen slowly, as if entering someone else’s bad dream. Jennifer’s bag was open on the floor. Why would Jennifer go to the city without her bag? There was an unopened granola bar on the kitchen table and a full mug of tea, now cold.She carried the mug to the sink and washed it out. When she looked for the paper towels, she realized they were gone. She went to the pantry to get a new roll. Almeida had purchased a 12-pack just the day before, one of those family-size monsters that fill your entire cart at Stop & Shop. Only two rolls remained. Ten had been used in less than 24 hours. What kind of spill requires 10 rolls of paper towels to clean up?She texted Jennifer. It went unread, which did not seem like Jennifer at all. She normally returned messages faster than Ping-Pong balls.Almeida picked the kids up after school. One went to a friend’s house. She brought the others home and made them lunch. She continued to text Jennifer, always with the same result. Almeida finally called at four p.m. Instead of ringing through, as it normally would when Jennifer did not pick up, it went straight to voice mail. Technology has a particularly chilling way of indicating a change in status. “My stomach sank, and I had a feeling that something was wrong,” Almeida told police. “In the almost seven years that I have worked for Jennifer, I NEVER EVER had a hard time reaching her and NEVER had an issue with her phone being off.”
Jennifer had not showed up at her children’s orthodontist appointment in New York by 4:40 p.m. That’s when Almeida knew something had happened. She later said her mind went straight to Fotis. “My first thought,” she told police later, “was that Fotis did something.” She started making calls. Neither Jennifer’s mother, Gloria, nor any of Jennifer’s friends had heard anything.Almeida called the New Canaan police. Jennifer Dulos had not been seen in over eight hours. It was a missing-persons report with an ominous undercurrent. It said that “a mother of 5 was missing and that she was going through a divorce with a man that has threatened her in the past and owns a gun,” according to the warrant.The police told Almeida it was O.K. to talk to Fotis. She had dealt with the kids first, driving them to their grandmother’s apartment in the city, where they’ve remained ever since. It was almost nine p.m. before she made the call. She told Fotis that Jennifer was missing. He did not seem particularly surprised or concerned. He merely reminded Almeida that he had visitation rights the following day, Saturday. He said the kids “really needed him right now,” and told her to make sure they were in Connecticut and ready to be picked up at 11 a.m.
Meanwhile, the New Canaan police searched 69 Welles Lane, their attention fixed on the garage. They noticed several things the nanny had missed. They discovered attempts to clean the garage, which probably explained the missing paper towels and several other items, including camping pillows, that Almeida had noticed were missing, too. They found bloodstains on a wall of the garage, and blood spatter on the Range Rover, which was still parked in its spot. The cops took away nearly 60 blood swabs, samples found in the garage and in the kitchen sink, to be analyzed. Forensics later said no person could lose the amount of blood suggested by the evidence in the garage and survive without medical treatment.On Saturday, Fotis realized his kids would not be waiting for him in Connecticut; on Sunday, he drove to Gloria Farber’s Upper East Side apartment, where he confronted the doorman. He knew the children were upstairs. He demanded to see them. He had a well-known history of belligerence. A few years before, he had punched one of the building’s parking-lot attendants, according to the New York Post. People knew to be wary of Gloria Farber’s son-in-law. Fotis argued when the doorman would not let him up. The cops were called—N.Y.P.D., a different kettle of fish. They heard Fotis out, then called the New Canaan police, who told them that Fotis was not to see his children unsupervised. Fotis went away angry. Carrie Luft, a friend of Jennifer’s who has taken it upon herself to protect the children and family—everyone should have a friend like that—filed a domestic-violence report to try to keep Fotis away.New Canaan police and Connecticut detectives were well into their search by then. They’d found Jennifer’s Suburban abandoned on Lapham Road beside Waveny Park, a 300-acre preserve with just the sort of wooded trails and nooks where a body can be hidden. The S.U.V. had been left in reverse, the running lights on. At first glance, you might think Jennifer had been attacked beside Waveny, tried to get away—hence reverse—been overcome, and dragged out of the car into the park...The police dismissed the idea that Jennifer had run away. Her credit cards and A.T.M. card have all gone unused since the morning of her disappearance. She has withdrawn no money from the bank. If she bugged out, it was without money or credit and without leaving any footprint. Such vanishing is all but impossible in the modern age.
To friends and family, the suggestion that this is a case of anything other than foul play is not only a mistake; it’s a slander. Jennifer would never walk out on her children, they say.The mystery touched a chord in Fairfield County, that affluent land of green vistas and money-drenched dreams. This was every wife’s and mother’s worst nightmare lived vicariously through the pages of the local papers. People began to dig into the life and background of Fotis Dulos. They noted stories of his temper, his accumulating debt, and strange events from his past, such as the death of his mother, who was hit by a car and killed in his driveway. Fotis stood for the great unknown, the danger every woman exposes herself to when she enters into a relationship with a man she only thinks she knows.The details of Fotis’s life would have set anyone at ease: Ivy League education, solid business, and good looks of the sensitive, almost poetic variety—dark-eyed, slender, and small. No one who looks like that should be capable of something so ugly. Fotis represents the chaos and violence that can beset even the most affluent American life.
Jennifer’s friends and supporters gathered for a vigil at St. Mark’s Episcopal Church in New Canaan shortly after her disappearance. Hundreds of people turned out. They prayed for Jennifer and her children—my God, think of the children. What becomes of a person whose mother is allegedly killed by his or her father?The cops continued to collect evidence. You cannot read the arrest warrants, which are filled with graphs, reports, and tables of forensic information, without feeling tremendous respect for the police. They did their job so well. Soon after the disappearance, they had gathered footage that captured someone they think was Fotis throughout that terrible day.Some of the most damning footage comes from Hartford. It shows a couple that looks very much like Fotis Dulos and Michelle Troconis driving a pickup truck slowly along Albany Avenue—she later described it as a “creepy area” with fire trucks and police vehicles—on the outskirts of Hartford, around seven p.m. the night of Jennifer’s disappearance. A man who looks like Dulos is behind the wheel. A woman who looks like Troconis is in the passenger seat, talking on the phone or looking out the window. The man makes stops beside trash cans, where he throws away one of the black garbage bags that fill the bed of his truck. In one shot, he is seen stuffing what looks like a FedEx envelope into a storm drain.The police had soon recovered the garbage bags—they were filled with bloody clothes and towels—news of which broke in the papers the following weekend.
Fotis and Michelle were at a barbecue at the water-ski pond in Avon. The owner of the property, surprised to see them socializing while the search for Jennifer was all over the news, told Fotis his presence was inappropriate. The couple stayed anyway. At one point, Fotis was confronted by a friend, who pointedly asked, “Where’s Jennifer?” She made a comment about the garbage bags on Albany Avenue, then watched Fotis as he read a story on his phone. She saw him lock eyes with Troconis. He held her gaze for what must have felt like hours. In such a gaze, you can see everything.The recovery of those bags must have come as a terrible, unexpected turn in the plot for Fotis. Any thought he had of continuing in his old way minus one element—Jennifer—vanished like smoke.
Murder in Fairfield County – Air Mail
In one shot, he is seen stuffing what looks like a FedEx envelope into a storm drain.The police had soon recovered the garbage bags—they were filled with bloody clothes and towels—news of which broke in the papers the following weekend.

Author doesn't say LE recovered FedEx box with doctored license plates.

Jennifer dropped her kids at the New Canaan Country School at eight a.m. on May 24, 2019. She was seen by parents. Her car, a 2017 Suburban, was seen on camera again at 8:05 a.m., heading toward her house on Welles Lane. The car did not reappear on camera until 10:25 a.m., now presumably with a different driver, in a different state of mind.Jennifer’s state of mind was probably one familiar to all parents of tightly scheduled kids: school, breakfast, call, drive, doctor, drive, home, orthodontist, rink, homework, get them to sleep, go to sleep.The other driver’s state of mind, the mind of the person behind the wheel of the Suburban at 10:25, a mind that police allege belonged to Fotis, is unknowable.
Maybe he believed he was halfway home, nearly safe. Maybe he believed he would now have what he wanted: children, money, freedom from lawyers, judges, and humiliating obligations. Maybe he was confused, or felt a twinge of regret. What would it feel like to kill a person you loved, to snuff out the mother of your children, the woman you knew in childbirth and college, to bind her with zip ties and carry her body away like a bag of trash? Maybe he’d disassociated himself from his actions—if he did not believe he had done it, then he had not done it. Maybe he was happy. Maybe he felt nothing at all.If you fell off the calendar, dropped from your quotidian rounds of texts and appointments, how long would it take before someone noticed? After all, a mother of five, the smart, active head of a young family, does not simply vanish.Jennifer had gone over the day’s schedule with the nanny. She’d drop the kids at school, go home, have a quick breakfast, then drive to New York for a doctor’s appointment, after which she’d meet her kids at the orthodontist in the afternoon. She said she’d leave the Suburban and take the Range Rover, which is easier to park.But something seemed wrong when Almeida showed up at the house at 11:30. Entering through the garage, she saw that the Range Rover was in its usual place, the center spot of the three-car bay, and the Suburban was gone. That’s strange. She walked into the kitchen slowly, as if entering someone else’s bad dream. Jennifer’s bag was open on the floor. Why would Jennifer go to the city without her bag? There was an unopened granola bar on the kitchen table and a full mug of tea, now cold.She carried the mug to the sink and washed it out. When she looked for the paper towels, she realized they were gone. She went to the pantry to get a new roll. Almeida had purchased a 12-pack just the day before, one of those family-size monsters that fill your entire cart at Stop & Shop. Only two rolls remained. Ten had been used in less than 24 hours. What kind of spill requires 10 rolls of paper towels to clean up?She texted Jennifer. It went unread, which did not seem like Jennifer at all. She normally returned messages faster than Ping-Pong balls.Almeida picked the kids up after school. One went to a friend’s house. She brought the others home and made them lunch. She continued to text Jennifer, always with the same result. Almeida finally called at four p.m. Instead of ringing through, as it normally would when Jennifer did not pick up, it went straight to voice mail. Technology has a particularly chilling way of indicating a change in status. “My stomach sank, and I had a feeling that something was wrong,” Almeida told police. “In the almost seven years that I have worked for Jennifer, I NEVER EVER had a hard time reaching her and NEVER had an issue with her phone being off.”
Jennifer had not showed up at her children’s orthodontist appointment in New York by 4:40 p.m. That’s when Almeida knew something had happened. She later said her mind went straight to Fotis. “My first thought,” she told police later, “was that Fotis did something.” She started making calls. Neither Jennifer’s mother, Gloria, nor any of Jennifer’s friends had heard anything.Almeida called the New Canaan police. Jennifer Dulos had not been seen in over eight hours. It was a missing-persons report with an ominous undercurrent. It said that “a mother of 5 was missing and that she was going through a divorce with a man that has threatened her in the past and owns a gun,” according to the warrant.The police told Almeida it was O.K. to talk to Fotis. She had dealt with the kids first, driving them to their grandmother’s apartment in the city, where they’ve remained ever since. It was almost nine p.m. before she made the call. She told Fotis that Jennifer was missing. He did not seem particularly surprised or concerned. He merely reminded Almeida that he had visitation rights the following day, Saturday. He said the kids “really needed him right now,” and told her to make sure they were in Connecticut and ready to be picked up at 11 a.m.
Meanwhile, the New Canaan police searched 69 Welles Lane, their attention fixed on the garage. They noticed several things the nanny had missed. They discovered attempts to clean the garage, which probably explained the missing paper towels and several other items, including camping pillows, that Almeida had noticed were missing, too. They found bloodstains on a wall of the garage, and blood spatter on the Range Rover, which was still parked in its spot. The cops took away nearly 60 blood swabs, samples found in the garage and in the kitchen sink, to be analyzed. Forensics later said no person could lose the amount of blood suggested by the evidence in the garage and survive without medical treatment.On Saturday, Fotis realized his kids would not be waiting for him in Connecticut; on Sunday, he drove to Gloria Farber’s Upper East Side apartment, where he confronted the doorman. He knew the children were upstairs. He demanded to see them. He had a well-known history of belligerence. A few years before, he had punched one of the building’s parking-lot attendants, according to the New York Post. People knew to be wary of Gloria Farber’s son-in-law. Fotis argued when the doorman would not let him up. The cops were called—N.Y.P.D., a different kettle of fish. They heard Fotis out, then called the New Canaan police, who told them that Fotis was not to see his children unsupervised. Fotis went away angry. Carrie Luft, a friend of Jennifer’s who has taken it upon herself to protect the children and family—everyone should have a friend like that—filed a domestic-violence report to try to keep Fotis away.New Canaan police and Connecticut detectives were well into their search by then. They’d found Jennifer’s Suburban abandoned on Lapham Road beside Waveny Park, a 300-acre preserve with just the sort of wooded trails and nooks where a body can be hidden. The S.U.V. had been left in reverse, the running lights on. At first glance, you might think Jennifer had been attacked beside Waveny, tried to get away—hence reverse—been overcome, and dragged out of the car into the park...The police dismissed the idea that Jennifer had run away. Her credit cards and A.T.M. card have all gone unused since the morning of her disappearance. She has withdrawn no money from the bank. If she bugged out, it was without money or credit and without leaving any footprint. Such vanishing is all but impossible in the modern age.
To friends and family, the suggestion that this is a case of anything other than foul play is not only a mistake; it’s a slander. Jennifer would never walk out on her children, they say.The mystery touched a chord in Fairfield County, that affluent land of green vistas and money-drenched dreams. This was every wife’s and mother’s worst nightmare lived vicariously through the pages of the local papers. People began to dig into the life and background of Fotis Dulos. They noted stories of his temper, his accumulating debt, and strange events from his past, such as the death of his mother, who was hit by a car and killed in his driveway. Fotis stood for the great unknown, the danger every woman exposes herself to when she enters into a relationship with a man she only thinks she knows.The details of Fotis’s life would have set anyone at ease: Ivy League education, solid business, and good looks of the sensitive, almost poetic variety—dark-eyed, slender, and small. No one who looks like that should be capable of something so ugly. Fotis represents the chaos and violence that can beset even the most affluent American life.
Jennifer’s friends and supporters gathered for a vigil at St. Mark’s Episcopal Church in New Canaan shortly after her disappearance. Hundreds of people turned out. They prayed for Jennifer and her children—my God, think of the children. What becomes of a person whose mother is allegedly killed by his or her father?The cops continued to collect evidence. You cannot read the arrest warrants, which are filled with graphs, reports, and tables of forensic information, without feeling tremendous respect for the police. They did their job so well. Soon after the disappearance, they had gathered footage that captured someone they think was Fotis throughout that terrible day.Some of the most damning footage comes from Hartford. It shows a couple that looks very much like Fotis Dulos and Michelle Troconis driving a pickup truck slowly along Albany Avenue—she later described it as a “creepy area” with fire trucks and police vehicles—on the outskirts of Hartford, around seven p.m. the night of Jennifer’s disappearance. A man who looks like Dulos is behind the wheel. A woman who looks like Troconis is in the passenger seat, talking on the phone or looking out the window. The man makes stops beside trash cans, where he throws away one of the black garbage bags that fill the bed of his truck. In one shot, he is seen stuffing what looks like a FedEx envelope into a storm drain.The police had soon recovered the garbage bags—they were filled with bloody clothes and towels—news of which broke in the papers the following weekend.
Fotis and Michelle were at a barbecue at the water-ski pond in Avon. The owner of the property, surprised to see them socializing while the search for Jennifer was all over the news, told Fotis his presence was inappropriate. The couple stayed anyway. At one point, Fotis was confronted by a friend, who pointedly asked, “Where’s Jennifer?” She made a comment about the garbage bags on Albany Avenue, then watched Fotis as he read a story on his phone. She saw him lock eyes with Troconis. He held her gaze for what must have felt like hours. In such a gaze, you can see everything.The recovery of those bags must have come as a terrible, unexpected turn in the plot for Fotis. Any thought he had of continuing in his old way minus one element—Jennifer—vanished like smoke.

The author's wrong information so riles me, that it's difficult to read the article objectively. Perhaps he'd consider submitting his next draft to WS to get confirmation of some of the basic facts.

Here's a few...and one I found most upsetting:

"Fotis objected, telling the court that “Michelle and [her daughter] have been wonderful to the children. There’s absolutely no evidence they have done anything wrong or spoken badly about Jennifer or anybody else.”
Noticed this one and it rankled, as Fotis said MT had been NICE to the children. One's "nice" to strangers and casual friends, not children who might become one's step-children. MT was a bit of an emotional, self-serving vacuum...the fun side-kick...not a caring or nurturing mother figure.

By the fall of 2017, Jennifer was living with her kids in the big house at 69 Welles Lane in New Canaan, built on what had once been a middle-class street of schoolteachers.
Just above this in the article, the author makes it sound like JFd just wanted a new life, which contrasts to the harrowing escape she planned with the movers. It omits the absurd plan FD had for custody and the terror JFd felt as he chased her down the street trying to get her to sign the ridiculous document and then insisting she tape it together as he had torn it apart in a rage.
The author omits the fact that JFd was living on Chichester in NC before she moved to Welles Lane. He leaves out the trauma of this move as she literally had to sneak out of Farmington. Overall, the author is much too focused on JFd's presumed wealth, not on the cost of the terror and abuse she suffered to create the move. (I can't imagine the logistics of moving 5 children and their lives to a new address....)

Then they’d forget what it means to be Greek. Which is one reason he wanted partial custody. He did not want his kids to forget who they were and where they came from.
Please....Initially FD wanted full custody during the summer and every weekend. The craziest part to me...FD forgot his kids were Americans, born here, raised here...who should have been free to explore all the wonderful passions kids in the US of A might experience and enjoy. The joy of doing things with their classmates was beyond Fd. They came from America, not Greece. Fd was living in an altered reality, IMO.

We don’t know whether these funds, which must have hung over Fotis like golden coins in a video game, motivated his actions, but we do know that if he did indeed kill his wife, he was not all that concerned with the well-being of his children. We can also presume that Fotis wanted custody for traditional reasons. Because he loved his kids and wanted to be with them. Because he hated his wife and did not want her to be happy. Because he wanted to win.
It's hard to know where to begin with this one. The bottom line, besides winning, is Fd thought of his children, especially the two oldest, as his alter-egos. They were the promise of future of HIS family's name...his name...they were the next, great Dulos skiers. He brought a trainer from Greece when they were 6-8 years old to insure their skills. He was obsessed with this...he forced their training....I doubt Fotis really understood love during his lifetime. Now, that's a little sad.

Jennifer was worried about her husband’s temper, a concern that’s hard to dismiss. And this: Jennifer had been hurt and must have wanted to hurt Fotis in return. She, too, wanted to win.
Whoa....In all I've read, JFd's only goal in ending the relationship was the safety of her children and herself. She wasn't into winning. She wanted a safe environment for the children when with Fd. She wanted an end to his anger and fear he would ultimately run off with the kids. I counted the motions in the last year of the divorce. Fd out-numbered JFd's almost 2 to 1. He was relentless in trying to get his way. JFd knew MT as she had worked in the office in Farmington while JFd was there. JF knew MT, and she wasn't comfortable that she was nurturing or caring of the children. MT presented a fun, party-girl persona who was concerned about her own daughter and Fd...the Fd children would have been a distant third, IMO, for her being nice, but not loving or caring. JFd didn't want to win...she wanted to trust that the court could protect the kids and her. She wanted an equitable financial relationship. Too much to ask????

The entire article is so stilted on the facts as we know them....I could go on, but time limits this. Read the article with a factual eye...IMO..MOO

Interesting that Yannis and Masiello have failed to enter pleadings with the Court.

IDK answer to whether this would mean that their claims are disallowed or could be disallowed by the Court and if so, would this improve the position of GF who I believe was at the bottom of the stack of creditors at Sturbridge? If I recall, the trade creditors (all except 1 I think) didn't enter pleas as well. So, this would leave Danbury Savings Bank, 1 trade creditor and GF claim on the property if the other claims are disallowed.

I do wonder if we will get an answer to the question of Fd asking his 'friends' to place these claims on Sturbridge to keep GF from collecting? I do also wonder if Atty Markowitz documented these 'friend loans'? It seems though as if Fd left nothing to chance here to keep GF from getting a penny as the 1st mortgage from Danbury Savings Bank appears underwater at this point.

What a mess.

MOO

The author's wrong information so riles me, that it's difficult to read the article objectively. Perhaps he'd consider submitting his next draft to WS to get confirmation of some of the basic facts.

"Fotis objected, telling the court that “Michelle and [her daughter] have been wonderful to the children. There’s absolutely no evidence they have done anything wrong or spoken badly about Jennifer or anybody else.”
Noticed this one and it rankled, as Fotis said MT had been NICE to the children. One's "nice" to strangers and casual friends, not children who might become one's step-children. MT was a bit of an emotional, self-serving vacuum...the fun side-kick...not a caring or nurturing mother figure.

By the fall of 2017, Jennifer was living with her kids in the big house at 69 Welles Lane in New Canaan, built on what had once been a middle-class street of schoolteachers.
Just above this in the article, the author makes it sound like JFd just wanted a new life, which contrasts to the harrowing escape she planned with the movers. It omits the absurd plan FD had for custody and the terror JFd felt as he chased her down the street trying to get her to sign the ridiculous document and then insisting she tape it together as he had torn it apart in a rage.
The author omits the fact that JFd was living on Chichester in NC before she moved to Welles Lane. He leaves out the trauma of this move as she literally had to sneak out of Farmington. Overall, the author is much too focused on JFd's presumed wealth, not on the cost of the terror and abuse she suffered to create the move. (I can't imagine the logistics of moving 5 children and their lives to a new address....)

Then they’d forget what it means to be Greek. Which is one reason he wanted partial custody. He did not want his kids to forget who they were and where they came from.
Please....Initially FD wanted full custody during the summer and every weekend. The craziest part to me...FD forgot his kids were Americans, born here, raised here...who should have been free to explore all the wonderful passions kids in the US of A might experience and enjoy. The joy of doing things with their classmates was beyond Fd. They came from America, not Greece. Fd was living in an altered reality, IMO.

We don’t know whether these funds, which must have hung over Fotis like golden coins in a video game, motivated his actions, but we do know that if he did indeed kill his wife, he was not all that concerned with the well-being of his children. We can also presume that Fotis wanted custody for traditional reasons. Because he loved his kids and wanted to be with them. Because he hated his wife and did not want her to be happy. Because he wanted to win.
It's hard to know where to begin with this one. The bottom line, besides winning, is Fd thought of his children, especially the two oldest, as his alter-egos. They were the promise of future of HIS family's name...his name...they were the next, great Dulos skiers. He brought a trainer from Greece when they were 6-8 years old to insure their skills. He was obsessed with this...he forced their training....I doubt Fotis really understood love during his lifetime. Now, that's a little sad.

Jennifer was worried about her husband’s temper, a concern that’s hard to dismiss. And this: Jennifer had been hurt and must have wanted to hurt Fotis in return. She, too, wanted to win.
Whoa....In all I've read, JFd's only goal in ending the relationship was the safety of her children and herself. She wasn't into winning. She wanted a safe environment for the children when with Fd. She wanted an end to his anger and fear he would ultimately run off with the kids. I counted the motions in the last year of the divorce. Fd out-numbered JFd's almost 2 to 1. He was relentless in trying to get his way. JFd knew MT as she had worked in the office in Farmington while JFd was there. JF knew MT, and she wasn't comfortable that she was nurturing or caring of the children. MT presented a fun, party-girl persona who was concerned about her own daughter and Fd...the Fd children would have been a distant third, IMO, for her being nice, but not loving or caring. JFd didn't want to win...she wanted to trust that the court could protect the kids and her. She wanted an equitable financial relationship. Too much to ask????

The entire article is so stilted on the facts as we know them....I could go on, but time limits this. Read the article with a factual eye...IMO..MOO

@Tink56, I give you SO SO SO SO SO much credit for having the patience to pull out these paragraphs from the article instalment. You have much more patience then I did with this writer and what appears IMO to be a very definite predisposition in his approach to this story and Fotis Dulos which I find quite disappointing. The interesting twist in his POV and which I believe seems to be shading virtually everything he is writing about the victim is her wealth, her upbringing and the fact that she was raised in the Jewish faith. Color me crazy but the filter that this writer is using simply serves to shade his ability to write this story in any way remotely 'fair or balanced'. It sadly seems that the writer continues to push the narrative that JFd deserved everything that happened to her because of how she had the courage to leave 4Jx and start a new life in New Canaan. JFd didn't deserve what happened to her and so to suggest otherwise IMO is simply sick and irresponsible reporting. Sad to see these article instalments being written IMO through the filter of a perspective similar filled with misogyny, anti-semitism and sexism to what we have seen from Pattisville and the Greek Family. Curious isn't it?????

I think where I gave up on the latest installment was the somewhat snide reference to Atty Weinstein saying that Fd never paid child support for his children (this is a fact borne out in Civil Case) and then going on to say that Fd did have to pay for atty fees, other professionals etc. and that these expenses were resulting in him bleeding cash. The reality is that Fd had $$$ and chose to not use it to support his children. How he used his money otherwise IMO is irrelevant to the fact that he chose to NOT BE A RESPONSIBLE PARENT for over 2 years.

Mmmm.

IMO NO CHILD SUPPORT IS NO CHILD SUPPORT. ZIP, NADA and ZILCH!

The other point which I found mind blowing was the not too subtle shade thrown at JFd for continuing to fight in Court for full custody and the writers choice to brand this action as JFd 'wanting to win'! So, we are supposed to believe that fighting for what you believe in is somehow wrong (but only if you are female I guess in the eyes of the writer).

Mmmm.

I would be hard pressed to find anyone who might think that JFd didn't have valid reasons for continuing to fight hard for custody of the 5 children given the track record of Fd and the ongoing situation with MT. But, for the writer to IMO essentially dismiss the record of what JFd endured and her fears for the children when with their father and the influence and presence of MT, I have to admit to seeing nothing but bias in these descriptions.

Why was it OK for Fd to "fight to win" but not for the victim JFd to give as good as she got? The ongoing portrayal of JFd as somehow being a bully with more wealth etc. and using this against Fd is simply IMO irresponsible reporting and to say IMO also absolutely incorrect. The Farber wealth didn't save JFd from getting murdered and the CT Courts and all the motions filed did nothing to keep the victim safe either. I don't know why the writer seems fixated on wealth here as IMO there is no denying it existed but it seems also pretty clear that it did little to save JFd life, even if it allowed her to escape Fd which is more than most women in Fairfield County are able to afford IMO sadly. But to somehow fault JFd for being born into privilege is simply a bridge too far here in this reporting IMO. Domestic violence touches people of all levels of wealth and social class and doesn't discriminate either IMO! I wish the writer had done more research on the cycle of violence and spoken to some academics or activists in the field as it might have resulted in more accurate reporting on the events and certainly about the behaviour of Fd and MT IMO.

The reality is that Fd filed more motions in Family Court vs JFd so, to portray Fd as the 'bullied victim' or as the less financially advantaged participant is absolutely IMO "FAKE NEWS". Even when Fd was representing himself (during the period he was claiming poverty), the motions in Family Court kept on coming and for every JFd motion filed in this period Fd never stopped fighting.

I am always curious how people can believe wealth automatically guarantees a 'win' in litigation scenarios. Sure wealth can have an impact when the costs to litigate anything are astonomical. But, to me with this case the bigger and more important story is how Fd with allegedly less money (how much less is unclear as he hid virtually everything IMO) managed to file more motions and continue to battle in court for 2 years. To me, this is evidence that in the situation of this case that the JFd/Farber wealth didn't have as much of an impact on Fd and his ability to hold his own in Family Court as the writer of these articles suggests is the case.

I do think the tipping point regarding the impact of the wealth differential between the parties was coming and that the financial reckoning day was fast approaching where Fd would lose his mask and he was essentially a cornered dangerous animal in Family Court around the time of the JFd murder. I don't think there can be much doubt as to why the murder happened when it did (relative to upcoming court appearances in Family Court) and the planned visitation over the long weekend.

MOO

Defense attorneys provide a vital service to all Americans, but IMO, this guy gives them a bad name.
Yes, sorry I didn't mean to lump all defense attorneys with NP. I thought MT's previous attorney, AB, was very professional and wise. I haven't followed this case that long, but it seemed to me that he kept MT's case low and his conduct didn't hurt her as much as NP hurt FD's case. I agree that everyone deserves a good defense.

MOO

I just read through all those pages of SW again and IMO there is NO WAY MT is Not guilty of conspiracy and is quite possible she was in Jennifer’s house and garage participating in the horrible torture/murder.It is implied several times more than one person was there.
Also, can’t stop thinking about all the family members present at the Greek Easter celebration MT and FD hosted. The hosts probably communicated their anger to everyone and perhaps ideas and planning for the murder was discussed with some of those guests. Also think it strange that MT listed the chipped and damaged plates used at this celebration as items she wanted returned from the house.
I bet MT was really mad that her daughter was “snubbed” because JD’s children didn’t attend.

Interesting that Yannis and Masiello have failed to enter pleadings with the Court.

IDK answer to whether this would mean that their claims are disallowed or could be disallowed by the Court and if so, would this improve the position of GF who I believe was at the bottom of the stack of creditors at Sturbridge? If I recall, the trade creditors (all except 1 I think) didn't enter pleas as well. So, this would leave Danbury Savings Bank, 1 trade creditor and GF claim on the property if the other claims are disallowed.

I do wonder if we will get an answer to the question of Fd asking his 'friends' to place these claims on Sturbridge to keep GF from collecting? I do also wonder if Atty Markowitz documented these 'friend loans'? It seems though as if Fd left nothing to chance here to keep GF from getting a penny as the 1st mortgage from Danbury Savings Bank appears underwater at this point.

What a mess.

MOO
Here's a quote from an article the HC ran about administrator Hug looking into FD's papers--and Atty Smith's comments (malpractice suits? against whom?)

"Hug said a broken window has been fixed, the alarm is now working again and the locks have been changed so the house is secure. Hug said he also talked with the state’s attorney who had been prosecuting Dulos and received permission to look through documents and papers in the home.

Smith said that they want to ensure that Dulos’ interests in his own estate are preserved — specifically so that they can pursue possible wrongful deaths claims and possibly malpractice lawsuits."

Hartford Courant – Hartford Courant - Hartford Courant

I wonder why the state's atty or LE didn't continue to secure the house as a crime scene, preventing the Greek relatives from occupying it after FD's death--and whether
some pertinent records may have vanished before Hug got there.

Here's a quote from an article the HC ran about administrator Hug looking into FD's papers--and Atty Smith's comments (malpractice suits? against whom?)

"Hug said a broken window has been fixed, the alarm is now working again and the locks have been changed so the house is secure. Hug said he also talked with the state’s attorney who had been prosecuting Dulos and received permission to look through documents and papers in the home.

Smith said that they want to ensure that Dulos’ interests in his own estate are preserved — specifically so that they can pursue possible wrongful deaths claims and possibly malpractice lawsuits."

Hartford Courant – Hartford Courant - Hartford Courant

I wonder why the state's atty or LE didn't continue to secure the house as a crime scene, preventing the Greek relatives from occupying it after FD's death--and whether
some pertinent records may have vanished before Hug got there.

A HUGE-- I totally agree...Anna C was also present in the home and had been prior to Fd's suicide attempt. Between the Greek relatives and AC, I'm sure a great deal might have disappeared....sigh.

I remember In DA’s Hartford Courant articles his misstating, as this article does, that Jennifer moved directly into the Welles house when in fact she lived in another house in NC first. May give insight into sources for this article.

That will probably never be brought up again.
Waitaminute now.

The last time MT was in court, Colangelo told the judge
that he either was investigating or hainformation
that MT and FD had communicated via a 3rd party.

We have not heard butkiss 'bout that one.

I hope we do find out more but I doubt anything more will be done. The way things keep being "forgiven" in this case are normal. They cant communicate now unless MT calls Ms Cleo and I dont think the courts will recognize that as a form of contact.

We have seen examples of bags used to provide a 'working surface' in other cases. But, it seems like it would be easier to use a large piece of sheet plastic (folds small and can be quite large and its super light but easily cut and slippery to work on) or a tarp (heavier, thicker and more sturdy but depending on material might be porous, easier to work on vs plastic sheet or bags).

The combo of the zip ties and bags makes some sense to carry a body as the bags wouldn't have the strength to allow for carrying body IMO.

The removal of clothing is puzzling but I wonder if it could have been as simple as continuing the Fd 'game' of disposing of evidence in multiple locations? Wonder also if he/MT might have believed that their DNA was on the shirt/clothing so it needed to go so as to not connect them to the body?

It seems like there is still speculation around the idea of accomplice/s in NC in/around Lapham and I'm not sure we have consensus that the body was returned to Farmington. Wonder if the body was possibly stripped and left (either intact or not) in Suburban for pickup and possibly in bag/s? Wonder if the blood found in the Red Tacoma on passenger seat was from blood seepage from paper towels and other clean up items and maybe not body? 2 hrs at 69/71 Welles is another head scratcher and we don't have full visibility I think on the idea of any other vehicle either being at Welles or on adjacent street on the Murder date.

To think of a body being transferred in broad daylight on a school day with bus traffic, periodic trade vans/trucks passing and park visitors passing is something I've long struggled with in terms of understanding what did and didn't happen at Lapham/Waveny. Long wondered what connection there might have been to Irwin Park (we know it was searched but never heard what if anything was found) as IMO it offers a bit more privacy possibly for a body transfer. All the parks do get morning traffic from people walking dogs and exercising so I find it hard to believe the parks didn't have some traffic and people walking around. Its just also that it was a long weekend and people had left for the weekend and things were generally quiet vs typical weekends at the parks IMO. I know most discount Sturbridge property dumpster but I do wonder if a body or bags could have been left there for pickup either later by the co-conspirators or another 3rd party? EE didn't show up at Sturbridge until 10:30 am or so and I wonder if he would have thought twice about seeing some black contractor bags in the dumpster?

Still many questions.

MOO

Question:
What chemical or product would not penetrate or dissolve clothing or material? See where I am going with this...

Hmmm, runways at Danbury Airport lit up like the Las Vegas strip?? JD and LA wondering if Grace Farms “really did close early that day” when 6 pm is their normal closing time?? These articles just get better and better, ahem, gag, etc.

And now there’s a Part V coming next week?

I think I’m going to take it upon myself to start filling in the pieces that the author is leaving out. Bold is the original text, plain text are the pieces that I added that he forgot to put in (let’s call this the “editor’s cut”):

Though an attorney representing Jennifer’s mother later claimed Fotis “never paid a dime in child support in more than two years,” he was, according to a police audit, racking up massive fees stemming from the divorce—he had to pay lawyers, a court-appointed guardian, and a psychiatrist. In short, Fotis Dulos was bleeding cash.
Jennifer and her kids would seem to have been leading an idyllic life in New Canaan, which, with its picture-perfect main street, is America as it was dreamed in the 1950s.

While Jennifer labored away like an altruistic 21st century June Cleaver providing everything for the kids that Fotis had failed on- namely, unconditional love, care, and a sense of intrinsic self worth not premised on outward performance- Fotis, that chiseled Greek God of a certain age, was living a philanderer’s paradise in the house that Jennifer’s family had funded. His unpaid bills to court appointed supervisors and lawyers and the like paled in comparison to the cash he was laying out to wine and dine Michi and her daughter, who had displaced his own child on the cover of the Fore brochure just a year before. During the divorce, Fotis and Michi spent lavishly on travel, taking “work related” water skiing trips to Florida, junkets to Spain and Greece, weekends who knows where, all the while cooking the books of Fore (if there were any books at all, a matter debated in the later civil trial) in order to funnel vast sums of money borrowed from gullible local banks into their grandiose party and travel lifestyle.
In the meantime, miles downstate in New Canaan, it was Jennifer that was keeping the kids’ lives on track, with love and care and involvement in their school and their sports teams, making sure their basic needs were met all the while worrying about the looming sinister threat from Fotis, who pummeled her with motion after motion, two for every one of hers, in family court.
Sure, the kids had vacations too, spending time with their grandmother (to whom they were ferried safe passage the afternoon of the murder) in Florida, but nothing like the wild and raucous party scene that Fotis and Michi relished and cultivated in what had been the Dulos kids’ home at 4JC, now decorated with “artistic” paintings of Michi, and large gold framed mirrors on the bedroom walls. A home that had been paid for with the Farber’s familial intentions that were now being so violently betrayed by Fotis, as he partied the nights and showered the mornings away with Michi, sharing with her his fantasies about a day when Jennifer would “disappear.” It was no wonder Jennifer asked the judge that Michi not be present during the visitations.
Was it this desperate stew of unpaid bills, steamy sex, and failure to cover up the toxic parent that he was in divorce court the trigger that led him to snap and act on those fantasies? Or was Michi the one who set it up, perhaps issuing an ultimatum to him during one of their heated arguments over his failures, fights that she would later tell law enforcement took place between them “all the time”? From the arrest warrants, we know that Michi was blindsided and upset by the fact that Fotis hadn't told her that he had been at Jennifer’s house on May 22nd. Was there more that he had hidden from her, perhaps pushing her hardened jealousy to the breaking point?
Or was it, in the end, all about the kids, not in the way it would be for a normal father, but instead for the dollar signs that Fotis saw on their foreheads every time he reached down to kiss them?
After all, Jennifer’s late father, Hilliard Farber, had set up trust funds for his Dulos grandchildren of $2 million each. If Fotis lost custody, he’d lose access to that money, which, as a guardian, he could tap into for cost-of-living expenses. When a man becomes desperate for cash, he will look for it everywhere, even in his children’s future.
But presuming that would also mean presuming that Fotis was a normal person, with normal feelings and emotions and ability to love and nourish, and not a money hungry, hollow narcissist killer following in the footsteps of countless wife-murderers before him, from Chris Watts to Scott Peterson to Richard Crafts just down I84 at Lake Zoar.

Tune in next week for another installment!

I just read through all those pages of SW again and IMO there is NO WAY MT is Not guilty of conspiracy and is quite possible she was in Jennifer’s house and garage participating in the horrible torture/murder.It is implied several times more than one person was there.
Also, can’t stop thinking about all the family members present at the Greek Easter celebration MT and FD hosted. The hosts probably communicated their anger to everyone and perhaps ideas and planning for the murder was discussed with some of those guests. Also think it strange that MT listed the chipped and damaged plates used at this celebration as items she wanted returned from the house.
I bet MT was really mad that her daughter was “snubbed” because JD’s children didn’t attend.

After laying out all the timelines in a single table (vehicles, cellphones, other known activity through RELIABLE witness statements (i.e. neither KM nor MT), I've come to suspect that MT was not in New Canaan that day. I think FD and KM were. KM may even have been in New Canaan since the night before, driving there after he gained control of FD's Suburban.

And, I think MT was in possession of BOTH KM's and FD's cellphones at 4JC in the morning (FD's having been left there after he turned off his alarm on 5/24 at 4:21AM and bicycled to 80 MS Rd and KM's having been handed over to FD when KM rendezvoused with FD the night before to gain possession of the Suburban.) KM's cellphone was likely disconnected from the network for most of the time MT held it, except for the timeframe 7:29AM to 8:22AM, when they all wanted it to appear KM was at the Fore Group office.

I also suspect that MT and FD may have traded cellphones (sometime after 1:36 but before 2:13) in advance of the roughly hour and a half (2:24 to 3:55) that the Jeep traveled away from the Farmington area - traveling first to 190 Old Farms Rd, Avon and then to 193 Birch St, Bristol (assumed from SW's relating to cell tower dumps). The cellphone trade was likely done to give the impression through cellphone records that MT was making that trip, rather than FD.

It's notable that it appears the Jeep's northbound-toward-Avon trip was started twice - the Jeep left 80 MS Rd once and then it returned and left again immediately AFTER FD's cellphone had exchanged text messages with PG asking when he would be returning to the office. So, it is likely that after the Jeep departed northbound the first time, one of the two parties - FD or MT - realized they needed to know PG's plans as they feared PG might return to the Farmington area before the driver of the Jeep did, so the Jeep briefly returned, texts were exchanged with PG, and the two figured out exactly how much time the Jeep driver had for this Farmington-to-Avon-to Bristol-to-Farmington trip, as well as what to do if PG returned before the Jeep driver did.

After thoroughly reviewing the timelines, IMO, the body was transferred in New Canaan from JFD's Suburban to the Thule rack atop FD's Suburban, then FD's Suburban was driven to 80 MS Rd, where the body was removed from the Thule rack and from all its wrappings (clothing, taped up bags, and zip ties), both the body and rack were thoroughly cleaned up, and then the body was put back into the Thule rack, which was then placed atop or inside the Jeep.

After the text to learn PG's plans, it is discernible from the LE SW's for cellphone tower dumps that the Jeep is suspected to have traveled first to the storage place in Avon and then to a mysterious place near 193 Birch St in Bristol, where - presumably - either the body was removed from the Thule rack OR the Thule rack with body inside was replaced with a replacement Thule rack for the trip back to Farmington.

It is worth noting that the unaccounted for time in New Canaan (39 minutes) roughly approximates the 41 minutes the Jeep driver would have available for a body transfer in the hour and a half (2:24 to 3:55) that it was gone from 80 MS Rd, since the trip from Farmington to Avon to Bristol to Farmington would take about 50 minutes. So, both times the body was likely transferred, it took the same amount of time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member