Found Deceased WI - Sean Baek, 18, UW-Milwaukee student, 14 Feb 2020 *insulin dependent*

Sean Baek's parents hold out hope for safe return

The last anyone heard from the teen was that Friday morning. He sent a text message to his father reading, "I love you guys. I am so sorry."

"I saw the text message right away," Michael said. "I texted him back and it sounded like he was upset about something so I tried to text and call right away so to have him right there and respond to our messages was really disturbing."

In the two weeks since, the parents have prayed for any news.

"We're hoping he's safe somewhere and we just want him to come home," Michael said.

For now Erickson said they're holding onto whatever hope they can and they're asking everyone to keep their son's picture in their mind.

"We still have hope and we still pray for anybody for anybody who knows anything about where Seanie is," she said. "He has his whole life ahead of him, so come on home baby."

Quick post regarding my quote from Sean's father:
They misquoted him in the text in the article. In the video, he says "...to have him right there and NOT respond to our messages was really disturbing"

The area around there is not too great, in fact it's a pretty bad area. I hope he did not go looking for drugs. They should put up his picture/poster in that area. I hope he is allright.

It concerns me that he said "I'm sorry". Was he so out of it he was going to throw himself in the river?! I remember Art Linkletter's daughter jumped to her death from a high-rise after taking LSD.

The area around there is not too great, in fact it's a pretty bad area. I hope he did not go looking for drugs. They should put up his picture/poster in that area. I hope he is allright.
I think there have been some sort of posters put up. I’m just shocked that MPD and UWM haven’t searched the river - it’s been warm enough to do that this week.

FEB 28, 2020
Search for missing UWM student continues

Baek_1.jpg

... Police have conducted an exhaustive search, both physical and electronic, on campus and in the community.

... The UWM Police Department continues to search, following up on leads with assistance from the Milwaukee Police Department.

Since Sean’s disappearance, UWM police have had ongoing contact with his family, keeping them informed of the investigation. ...

[...]

I think there have been some sort of posters put up. I’m just shocked that MPD and UWM haven’t searched the river - it’s been warm enough to do that this week.
BBM Yes, there have. There was a man interviewed at the tattoo shop across the street who was seen putting up a flyer in his window.

They searched along the river beginning the night he was reported missing but they have to know where to put in a dive team. MOO

Police: Missing UW-Milwaukee student disappeared after taking LSD with friend
Officers have searched near the river where Baek is believed to have gone missing, but won’t call out a dive team until there’s a more specific location.

Well how do they find a "specific location"?

Right. All they know is that he ran toward the riverbank. And then you have to take into account the weather, how fast the river is flowing, how high it is, etc.

If they organize any searches for Sean on days I have off, I will probably drive to Milwaukee to help.

Right. All they know is that he ran toward the riverbank. And then you have to take into account the weather, how fast the river is flowing, how high it is, etc.

If they organize any searches for Sean on days I have off, I will probably drive to Milwaukee to help.
I’m local and know one of the RA’s in his building. I haven’t heard anything about searches being organized as of right now, but if I hear of something I will for sure post about it.

FEB 28, 2020
Search for missing UWM student continues

Baek_1.jpg

... Police have conducted an exhaustive search, both physical and electronic, on campus and in the community.

... The UWM Police Department continues to search, following up on leads with assistance from the Milwaukee Police Department.

Since Sean’s disappearance, UWM police have had ongoing contact with his family, keeping them informed of the investigation. ...

[...]
This is a great photo of his face in case anyone remembers seeing him. If he ran to the riverbank immediately, surely his scent would have been detected thus giving a location to begin a water based search. Maybe not divers at first but boat patrols along the river where a body could get snagged as it went along.

upload_2020-3-1_8-19-15.png

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eleanor D.
Back