TN Leryan "Meat" Nicholson April 13,1998, Nashville, TN

Here is what I do know about cold cases, when someone dies, or gets divorced or heat put on them, someone talks. I saw the remarks and I can tell you that if you can get it reopened and looked at, you may get some results. Either way, call them or the supervisors and tell them or about those posts on the missing site. There are people there that knew her and him. Wishing you the best.

Thank you..I will try the LE's Supervisor and any others on Monday if I am able to get through. Another poster was hung up on as soon as they mentioned my brothers name, when calling the cold case division yesterday. I will keep calling until something happens. Every time I get someone to look into the case for some reason they stop and then refuse to return any calls.

Thank you.. i will definitely try contacting them. It seems as though no one wants to touch this case because it was fumbled so bad in the beginning.

That story in the Tennessean is false. His mother did nothing assist in the search for him. She is the one who told us he was safe in a mental institution in Kentucky all those years. She was very abusive to him as a child and teenager. So no she is not a beautiful person inside. I tried to get them to retract that story and they wouldn’t.

Is it possible she told you he was in a mental institution because that is what she was told? Has she answered the question regarding why she believed he was institutionalized?

Are there any theories on why PV/Pauline would have called? Is it possible she was forced to call? Could someone have threatened Pauline to call?

Even if the MP was filed on the 15th, why weren't the two events tied together? A body found and a day or two later a MP report......

Do we know when the MP case was closed due to Pv's call? Was LeRyan's mother residing with Pauline when the MP case was closed?

I'm trying to catch up here..... cleaning and then reading and then cleaning......

LeRyan was a very handsome young man. So sorry he lost his life at such a young age. Hopefully we can help find answers.

Is it possible she told you he was in a mental institution because that is what she was told? Has she answered the question regarding why she believed he was institutionalized?

Are there any theories on why PV/Pauline would have called? Is it possible she was forced to call? Could someone have threatened Pauline to call?

Even if the MP was filed on the 15th, why weren't the two events tied together? A body found and a day or two later a MP report......

Do we know when the MP case was closed due to Pv's call? Was LeRyan's mother residing with Pauline when the MP case was closed?

I'm trying to catch up here..... cleaning and then reading and then cleaning......

LeRyan was a very handsome young man. So sorry he lost his life at such a young age. Hopefully we can help find answers.

I suppose anything is possible but I as well as my sister doubt it. If so I think she would have said that and mentioned who told her that. None of the detectives that I'm aware of have ever asked her why she would say that.

Either she was forced to call or someone connected to the murder called using her name.

The case was closed on 4/20/98 per the missing persons report I will include below.

Thank you..I am hoping so as well.

Attachments

• LeRyan3.jpg
    LeRyan3.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Ms. V’s Son was his mother’s boyfriend at some point I believe his name was Sonny. He is deceased as well. My brothers Uncle with whom he lived with at the time and with whom his mother went to file the missing persons report with is also deceased. The only person alive that was in constant contact with him is his mother. My sister and I both lived with our respective families.

The MP report reads as if Johnny is LeRyan's brother, not his uncle. It also reads as if Johnny and LeRyan are brothers who share an apartment. Mom's address reads "none". Was she homeless when LeRyan went missing?

Something is off here.

Beginning time line.

Monday April 13 - an unidentified male body is found severally charred.

Wednesday April - 15, mom and brother/uncle report LeRyan missing claiming they last saw him Sunday afternoon the 12th, the day before the burned body was found.

Nothing on the MP report shows any indication of mom uncle/brother being freaked out that they were just informed a body had been found and her child is missing. Her signature on the report indicates to me she was made aware of the body at the time she filed the report, if she wasn't already aware of the body prior to making the report.

Why is she not immediate concerned the body just found could be her son?

Thursday April 16, F3 tornado hits Nashville

April 20 family friend PV contacts police to tell them LeRyan returned home and is fine.

If mom was homeless, is it possible she asked PV to call the police to report LeRyan returned home? And why would she have not followed up with police to check on the investigation after the 20th? Why would she then tell other family members he was institutionalized when last she knew he was still missing?

In any homicide investigation those closest to the victim have to be ruled out first, and then LE works outward. I sure hope that carpet is in evidence. It would be interesting to determine whose DNA might have been left on it beside the victims.

Last edited:
For accuracy, I think it is important to indicate LeRyan was reported missing on the 15th. With his mother and uncle/brother claiming they last saw him on the 12th.

The DLC, or date of last contact, and date reported missing are two separate things that have to be looked at as such.

The MP report reads as if Johnny is LeRyan's brother, not his uncle. It also reads as if Johnny and LeRyan are brothers who share an apartment. Mom's address reads "none". Was she homeless when LeRyan went missing?

Something is off here.

Beginning time line.

Monday April 13 - an unidentified male body is found severally charred.

Wednesday April - 15, mom and brother/uncle report LeRyan missing claiming they last saw him Sunday afternoon the 12th, the day before the burned body was found.

Nothing on the MP report shows any indication of mom uncle/brother being freaked out that they were just informed a body had been found and her child is missing. Her signature on the report indicates to me she was made aware of the body at the time she filed the report, if she wasn't already aware of the body prior to making the report.

Why is she not immediate concerned the body just found could be her son?

Thursday April 16, F3 tornado hits Nashville

April 20 family friend PV contacts police to tell them LeRyan returned home and is fine.

If mom was homeless, is it possible she asked PV to call the police to report LeRyan returned home? And why would she have not followed up with police to check on the investigation after the 20th? Why would she then tell other family members he was institutionalized when last she knew he was still missing?

In any homicide investigation those closest to the victim have to be ruled out first, and then LE works outward. I sure hope that carpet is in evidence. It would be interesting to determine whose DNA might have been left on it beside the victims.

You are asking all the questions I myself have been asking all of these years. I was young when I got the report and never understood the “mother signed report” portion. Does that mean she was made aware of the homicide? I know on the MP report is says he notified car 3126 of homicide but no one ever said he notified her. Johnny was definitely her brother, the officer was either not paying much attention or was in a hurry when writing the report.

We (my sister and I) have asked the detectives to interview her since she was the one to report him missing and was telling us that my brother was alive and well in a hospital. They don’t seem to deem it necessary. I believe they spoke with her one time but the tears stopped that conversation.

I believe someone close to my brother knows what happened to him not necessarily that they committed the act. The connection with PV and his mother does not sit well with me but anyone who would be able to tell anything about the situation is deceased. To my knowledge when the case was being actively worked not one detective spoke with the Venable family. That’s something that needs to be done now as someone pointed out earlier since they’ve come out and spoke about her under the TN Missing and Unsolved post.

Attachments

• 0AD81269-F456-4DAD-9A6A-4FA2B2C41A0D.jpeg
    0AD81269-F456-4DAD-9A6A-4FA2B2C41A0D.jpeg
    105 KB · Views: 5
this is the craziest case I have read about in awhile. It is an unsolved homicide and you would think they would want it solved and off the books. Don't give up, if the PD doesn't take your calls go higher, you can contact the DA, too.

You are asking all the questions I myself have been asking all of these years. I was young when I got the report and never understood the “mother signed report” portion. Does that mean she was made aware of the homicide? I know on the MP report is says he notified car 3126 of homicide but no one ever said he notified her. Johnny was definitely her brother, the officer was either not paying much attention or was in a hurry when writing the report.

We (my sister and I) have asked the detectives to interview her since she was the one to report him missing and was telling us that my brother was alive and well in a hospital. They don’t seem to deem it necessary. I believe they spoke with her one time but the tears stopped that conversation.

I believe someone close to my brother knows what happened to him not necessarily that they committed the act. The connection with PV and his mother does not sit well with me but anyone who would be able to tell anything about the situation is deceased. To my knowledge when the case was being actively worked not one detective spoke with the Venable family. That’s something that needs to be done now as someone pointed out earlier since they’ve come out and spoke about her under the TN Missing and Unsolved post.

It's possible the detective finished filling out the MP report after LeRyan's mother signed it. That would be a great question for MSM or LE to ask mom. Why didn't MSM ask mom any of the tough questions when they interviewed her, instead of just taking photos of her cleaning?

We need to know if LE has any evidence which has been submitted for dna testing, and if not, why?

Is the detective who wrote the MP report still alive? If so, it would be nice to provide him a copy of that report and ask him about the car he notified of the homicide, and if he recalls mentioning the homicide to mom and Johnny.

It's possible the detective finished filling out the MP report after LeRyan's mother signed it. That would be a great question for MSM or LE to ask mom. Why didn't MSM ask mom any of the tough questions when they interviewed her, instead of just taking photos of her cleaning?

We need to know if LE has any evidence which has been submitted for dna testing, and if not, why?

Is the detective who wrote the MP report still alive? If so, it would be nice to provide him a copy of that report and ask him about the car he notified of the homicide, and if he recalls mentioning the homicide to mom and Johnny.

@LeRyansWarrior I read that as notifying a car from the homicide division, rather than notifying the officers in that particular car of a known homicide.

this is the craziest case I have read about in awhile. It is an unsolved homicide and you would think they would want it solved and off the books. Don't give up, if the PD doesn't take your calls go higher, you can contact the DA, too.

I called back to the cold case division today since the assigned detective is no longer returning calls. I was told the supervisor would call me back today. Still waiting.. if any update I will post it. I’ve also been contacting the local and national news channels to run a story on this case and all emails have been ignored. No one seems this case important enough to report about it. It’s very frustrating.

Thank you..I will try the LE's Supervisor and any others on Monday if I am able to get through. Another poster was hung up on as soon as they mentioned my brothers name, when calling the cold case division yesterday. I will keep calling until something happens. Every time I get someone to look into the case for some reason they stop and then refuse to return any calls.

Jee..unbelievable....are they afraid you sue them or what? Are the people who's names are on the official reports still around....what is going on?

I called back to the cold case division today since the assigned detective is no longer returning calls. I was told the supervisor would call me back today. Still waiting.. if any update I will post it. I’ve also been contacting the local and national news channels to run a story on this case and all emails have been ignored. No one seems this case important enough to report about it. It’s very frustrating.

I can image it's very frustrating....for me it is an understatement.....:mad::eek:Most of the time it's about money, time, priorities, mistakes covered up and the like. I don't know their caseload, the amount of more recent homicides....but I understand your needs totally and I really think this case and you can not be ignored....NOT.

Was there ever a POI in all these years? Did you see the autopsy report? I would like to see it.

Because your brother was rapped in a carpet bound with ropes this must have happened somewhere inside, somebody's house, a shed....then dumped and set afire at the place he was found.

Another question. On your Facebook I saw a picture and a request if somebody remembered the name of the girl in the picture with him. Don't mind me saying but are you sure this is a girl? Besides the earrings she doesn't look like a girl to me. Any news on that?

Last edited:

This puzzled me too....strange way op putting it....could the officer have ment "possible homicide", like his mother was afraid something bad had happened to him or maybe she knew already....

Sorry Cuby, you are talking about taking pictures of cleaning....did I miss something? Can you elaborate...

I can image it's very frustrating....for me it is an understatement.....:mad::eek:Most of the time it's about money, time, priorities, mistakes covered up and the like. I don't know their caseload, the amount of more recent homicides....but I understand your needs totally and I really think this case and you can not be ignored....NOT.

Was there ever a POI in all these years? Did you see the autopsy report? I would like to see it.

Because your brother was rapped in a carpet bound with ropes this must have happened somewhere inside, somebody's house, a shed....then dumped and set afire at the place he was found.

Another question. On your Facebook I saw a picture and a request if somebody remembered the name of the girl in the picture with him. Don't mind me saying but are you sure this is a girl? Besides the earrings she doesn't look like a girl to me. Any news on that?

I’m sorry but what is a POI?

my little sister is sure it was a girl because it’s the same girl he went to the prom with. But she went to a different school than we did and he didn’t take her to our high school prom only hers. My sister was small at the time and can’t remember her name.

I’m sorry but what is a POI?

my little sister is sure it was a girl because it’s the same girl he went to the prom with. But she went to a different school than we did and he didn’t take her to our high school prom only hers. My sister was small at the time and can’t remember her name.

Ok, thanks.....somebody must recognize her.....A POI is a person of interest.

I’m sorry but I’m not familiar with these terms.
What is a MSM and LE?

The reporter from the Tennessean story ignored everything I told him about questioning his mother and wanted to spin the story as a grieving mothers search for her child.

When/ if I talk to the Supervisor I will ask him if he’s still alive.
If he doesn’t call in the next hour then I’m calling back.
I can’t concentrate on work or anything else at this point. Every year when it gets close to the anniversary of the murder or his birthday I get restless and try to figure out how to get a resolve to this case.

I want to thank you all for your input.

Ok, thanks.....somebody must recognize her.....A POI is a person of interest.

Oh ok.. I should’ve known that. Thank you. What are some other questions I should be asking when I talk with the Sgt.? I’m writing a list so that I’m not as frazzled as I feel when I do speak with him.
I want to have all my ducks in a row.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
not_just_a_phase
Back