Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 #25 **ARREST**

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, she put herself front and center of this case from the get-go, then complained that she was the focus of the investigation.

What an idiot.
Reminds me a bit of Ian Huntley who murdered Holly Wells and Jessica Chapman, both 10 year old girls here in the UK.
He was on camera, last person to see them.
Similar in that sense, but T was evasive.

EPCSheriff on Twitter

Arrest made in Gannon Stauch Case: bit.ly/2ThmrDI
On March 2, 2020, at approximately 8:04 AM, MST, El Paso County Sheriff's Office Detectives, FBI Agents, and members from the El Paso County 4th Judicial District Attorney's Office arrested Letecia Stauch (DOB 08/04/1983) in Horry County, South Carolina.

Letecia Stauch will be held at the Horry County Jail on the charges of:

Murder in the First-Degree (Child Under Twelve-Position of Trust §18-3-102(1)(f)),

Child Abuse Resulting in Death §18-6-401(1)(a), (7)(A)(I),

Tampering with a Deceased Human Body, §18-8-610.5, and

Tampering with Physical Evidence, §18-8-610(1)(a).

All investigative updates will come from the District Attorney's Office and all search effort information will come from the El Paso County Sheriff's Office. A mug shot of Stauch will be sent out once she has been formally booked.

We would also like to thank the community and people from across the nation for your compassion, generosity, support and patience.

Let's continue to work together to find Gannon.

She is awaiting extradition hearings before being transported to the El Paso County Jail in Colorado Springs.

The investigation into the disappearance of Gannon Stauch began on January 27, 2020, when Letecia Stauch who is Gannon's stepmother called 9-1-1 to report Gannon had not returned from a friend's house. By January 28, 2020, our Major Crime Detectives assumed responsibility over the case and began working hand in hand with multiple partners. By January 30, 2020, the case was upgraded from runaway to missing/endangered.

Please report any tips you may have to aid law enforcement in recovering Gannon and bringing his family closure to either 719-520-6666 or email Tips@elpasoco.com.

We would like to thank the following agencies for their time, ongoing efforts, expertise, and help they provided and continue to provide for this investigation: .......

All investigative updates will come from the District Attorney's Office and all search effort information will come from the El Paso County Sheriff's Office. A mug shot of Stauch will be sent out once she has been formally booked.

We would also like to thank the community and people from across the nation for your compassion, generosity, support and patience.

Let's continue to work together to find Gannon.
Just because my heart is evil I'm praying she didn't get a chance to put her make-up on first.

I have been on the road all day and as I'm driving I see this tweet and I nearly lost it!

Sadness overload but as happy as can be that Tee is behind bars as we speak.

We need to find Gannon.

I'm a thread behind....I'll be back.

Still in tears & I swore I wouldn't do this because I need time to settle my thoughts, but....

I think she remembered to leave the phones at home, thought the truck (and later the rental) had no GPS/tracking capabilities, but forgot she was wearing that pesky (yet glorious) Apple Watch!!! (Thank you Stave Jobs & @gatorade)

After a BUSY 4 hours she pushed up her sleeve or got an alert and had a huge Oh-$hit moment! I think among other things, this was the reason she got out of that truck in the driveway (solo) and walked in the house looking pi$$ed off!!! Thinking, great now what do I do?!?!? Took care of getting the girls out of the house when they returned from work/school, did a little more clean-up, and set off to think about how she would move Gannon's body from where she'd so stealthily placed it earlier that afternoon!

That evening had to be hard for her to come up with fake concern for "runaway" Gannon, give an initial statement to the cops, and get ready to head out the door early the next morning to get the rental & move Gannon. Meanwhile people are asking her important questions and organizing searches to find sweet Gannon, but who has time for that when you have a body to move?! Hence why she was not involved in ANY searching & seemed "annoyed" during this time period. (There's a special place in he!! for this creature!)

Things I wish I knew:
-Where is GANNON???!!!
-Did she really pick up AS at the airport? (that cuts into her available time to move Gannon)
-Where did that rental go? (I think she used it for part of the miles & then passed it off to someone else to drive it for awhile before bringing it back to her to return on Wed)
-Was she active on SM during the Tues/Wed rental period? If yes, with what device? Her phone? Did she have a solid period of SM silence during this time?

PS-She ditched the Apple Watch somewhere local after she got the rental (MOO)

IMHO, MOO, JMO

I wonder how the members of ‘support for step monster’ are doing...sick!! How dare she steal someone else’s pride and joy because her life wasn’t going the way she wanted it!! What a vile excuse for a human being!!
I so regret that I got booted from the only one that allowed me to join. I was really looking forward to see how and if they would eventually accept reality when an arrest happened.

FWIW...my two bits.
I understand the nature of this site, I really do.
I understand we are here to theorize and speculate but I also think we are all decent, caring people who want justice and righteousness to prevail.
But I think we can do that in a day or so, right? With manners and decency to not go wildly off into horrid speculations using graphic details about things that at this point in time are only in our heads!?
This is a really, really hard thing. And it will get harder. I just wish we could have a day of mourning before launching into the stuff of nightmares. There will be plenty of time for that.
But I guess it is on me to leave the page, not on others to be sensitive.

bbm
Thanks for the post reflecting the charges, @MassGuy !

"Resulting in death...."

If it was just the charge of child abuse alone it could mean something as simple as she shouted at him sometime during the two years Gannon and his little sister were incarcerated with LS; but LE have the proof that she did something to cause his death.

LE have the evidence in what exactly happened and it will come out at trial.
At least the wait for her arrest is over.

As horrific as the Kelsey Berreth murder was, the warrants and trial were enlightening in learning the extent of LE activity and evidence. And the inept missteps of two murderous thugs.

I look forward to more of the same with TS.

Don’t watch the press conference replays with Gannon’s parents, it will rip your heart out. I was crying at work while watching it on my phone. Naturally the VP of my company chose that moment to stop by looking for my coworker!

ETA: And I can count on one hand the # of times any higher up, let alone the VP, has ever stopped by my desk in the almost 10 years I’ve been there!

OMG, Right. I've watched it 4x and I break down every time. My GOD
I keep thinking about how terrified Little Gannon was.

R.I.P. GANNON STAUCH

A

And got slandered in return. :mad:

When it came to TS and her slander. I think a lot of it was projecting. She was projecting herself onto Gannon's mom.
Mandiraquel I started off with Nancy Drew at a young age, read mysteries and follow many stories. Never knew Websleuths was here till a few years ago! My husband just shakes his head...or asks for details.

I also started out with Nancy Drew books. I have been interested in actual missing person cases since I was a teenager. I am now 34. I don't think being interested in this stuff makes us 'morbid'. I think we are just people who are a little more interested in helping from the sidelines.

Serious question here. I’m having trouble reconciling in my mind the first two charges. First degree murder means it was planned/premeditated to kill Gannon.
Child abuse resulting in death means to me that death was a result of the abuse.

Is this telling us that when she set out to abuse him that day, her end goal was death? If the death was an accidental result of abuse that went too far, then how does first degree fit in?

I've been really busy in court these days but have tried my best to keep up. I am so excited there is finally an arrest of this wretched woman. The absolute GALL and audacity to say she will be owed an apology, to parade around acting like the victim in this case, knowing full well she is a murderer....the delusion is real. And very Jodi Arias-like.

Rest easy, sweet Gannon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members