Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 #26 **ARREST**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will the affidavit reveal the evidence obtained for the arrest?

It can. It will list the justifications for the probable cause of the arrest. It probably won’t give tons of details, just a high level description of the events and reasoning. So basically, some high level evidence but likely not all of the tiny details.

People defecate post mortem... if his soiled clothes were found, would it be possible to know if it was after death? I thought that cadaver dogs could hit on death moments after it occurred, but I’m not sure...

I saw a post somewhere that someone found soiled clothes. Not sure if it was Gannon’s, so this is just speculation.
Ita.

Your post beat any of mine for graphic details.

Yes, that's correct.
And imo it's possible a trained forensic doctor or pathologist could determine this.
I think LE have a mountain of convicting evidence to put TS behind bars for a long time.

Last edited:
Unfortunately being in the sun will aid decomposition and make it even harder to determine the cause of death. I hate to say it, it's so morbid but I hope wherever his body is stays frozen until its found.

Not morbid at all. I hope and pray too, wherever he is, the elements keep him, in his sleep, until LE locate him. Yielding more evidence to bring justice.

If we all end up in detention, can we call her whatever we want?.. I literally had the shakes earlier and now I am just drained, what is the best way to deal w/ this?...
Do something you enjoy for yourself and others. I tend to walk by the Lake. With my Grandoggy. Dogs are great therapy too. Do something within your Family/Community in Gannon's honour.

I think there’s a chance she does lead law enforcement to Gannon, if they don’t find him first.

If the evidence against her is so strong that she cannot deny it, she may attempt to cut her losses.

She would still lie about the circumstances of Gannon’s death, but atleast she would be forced to give up his body.

“I accidentally hurt Gannon, and he died on the way to the hospital. I panicked.”

Who knows though.

So hope you are right, this makes sense.

“I accidentally hurt Gannon, and he died on the way to the hospital. I panicked.”

Who knows though.
Do you think it might depend on what she actually did? I mean, I think if she lost it and hit him with the board at home, causing a visible injury and the blood loss, and then decided to "disappear" him rather than face the consequences, it's possible she poisoned him or gave him an overdose of something that would cause his death, then waited for him to die and found a place to hide his body. If that's the scenario, I think she would tell where he is in return for a lesser charge. There's nothing finding him would add to what they already know, re: that she assaulted him, then killed and hid him. But if that board got bloody as the means of his death...if he was taken somewhere and then she used that board - I don't think she'd ever want that degree of depravity to be known.

Keep reading that the dogs can hit seconds after death....Not true at all IMO! Decomp does start at death...but it takes a buildup of the fluids which causes scents that the dogs are literally trained to smell. . Could be hours....depends on decomp and temperature. The cooler it is the slower the process. Could be a few days for the fluids to build up.
Dbm

Will the affidavit reveal the evidence obtained for the arrest?

It can. It will list the justifications for the probable cause of the arrest. It probably won’t give tons of details, just a high level description of the events and reasoning. So basically, some high level evidence but likely not all of the tiny details.
People defecate post mortem... if his soiled clothes were found, would it be possible to know if it was after death? I thought that cadaver dogs could hit on death moments after it occurred, but I’m not sure...

I saw a post somewhere that someone found soiled clothes. Not sure if it was Gannon’s, so this is just speculation.

Yes I believe so. Bacteria and decomp begins almost immediately in the gut/intestines. It’s one of the first body systems to start the decomposition process. So, I would imagine they would know if it happened post-mortem. I’d suspect a dog would know, too

What makes you think she moved the body?
It’s not a fact, I want to make that clear. My reasoning is that she’s been charged with tampering with a human corpse. One way someone does that, is they move the body from the place of death (in order to conceal it).

Common sense says Gannon was murdered, but there isn’t any known proof of that.

He left that house alive, and any DNA found in that truck (blood, urine, whatever, can be explained away).

Now, if she moved the body in a vehicle that his DNA had no business being in, then that may give them the proof they need to say he is dead (and justify the tampering charge).

So my thinking is they found physical evidence in that rental vehicle, and his body was moved.

Oh dear, I hope her heartless comment about him being sick and soiling himself wasn't her trying to pre-splain away evidence of a large amount of those bodily fluids. It's so heartbreaking to think about but all of her comments so far make me think that whatever she did to that poor boy left a horrendous mess that was impossible to completely clean.

I think there’s a chance she does lead law enforcement to Gannon, if they don’t find him first.

If the evidence against her is so strong that she cannot deny it, she may attempt to cut her losses.

She would still lie about the circumstances of Gannon’s death, but atleast she would be forced to give up his body.

Who knows though.
We can only hope but for some reason in my head, I think she is going to stand her ground. She seems to be that kind of person. If a deal is made then maybe but I still think she will deny. She's a heartless who thinks only about herself and how she appears. IMO

She is licensed in Colorado. I can't link directly to it but her license is on the state's website.

Educator Credential Search | CDE

I assume she was looking for other work because even if she could get licensed, she'd have a hard time actually getting a job because any school district would see her SC license suspension and criminal history.

I know nothing about teaching - requirements, licenses, experience, etc etc.

I do know that in Douglas County, they do background checks on all staff - even office staff. And to Volunteer as a parent, you have to give them your driver's license - and in some cases, depending on jobs - a background check....as I have volunteered every year for many years.

I also know, because I worked as a private investigator many years ago and one of my jobs was background investigations for individuals, govt and companies, that some businesses, including school districts, use inadequate companies to do their checks - or they do it using some online service (such as Intelius, which are all worthless). While the firm I worked for, had people on the ground in every state - going to courthouses pulling up names for us.

A LOT w/in the school systems needs to be improved, across the board! This is a big one!

My mind goes to the worst. These past few weeks I’ve wondered what was so bad that she had to kill him, had to lie so intensely, had to hide him, had to blame others in a desperate attempt to get away with it. What if we are talking serious long term abuse- even medical/drugging or sexual abuse? She just seems too evil and has such a weird record for this to be a one-off or a corporal punishment session taken too far. I’m seriously disturbed that she has fake education and career credits and that she has taught children in the past.
I agree.

Something she needed to stay hidden.
My first guess would be beatings and ongoing physical abuse.
And possibly she terrorized both children into silence ?
Even teens can be threatened to 'be quiet'.
And if someone can kill you, they sure as heck can frighten you enough that you'd never tell a soul.

Keep reading that the dogs can hit seconds after death....Not true at all IMO! Decomp does start at death...but it takes a buildup of the fluids which causes scents that the dogs are literally trained to smell. . Could be hours....depends on decomp and temperature. The cooler it is the slower the process. Could be a few days for the fluids to build up.

“One of the questions surrounding human cadaver dogs is how soon after death they can recognise a corpse, and how long a "fresh" corpse must remain in one place for a dog to detect that it has been there. In a study published last year, the forensic pathologist Lars Oesterhelweg, then at the University of Bern in Switzerland, and colleagues tested the ability of three Hamburg State Police cadaver dogs to pick out – of a line-up of six new carpet squares – the one that had been exposed for no more than 10 minutes to a recently deceased person.

Several squares had been placed beneath a clothed corpse within three hours of death, when some organs and many cells of the human body are still functioning. Over the next month, the dogs did hundreds of trials in which they signalled the contaminated square with 98 per cent accuracy, falling to 94 per cent when the square had been in contact with the corpse for only two minutes.”

The CSI death dogs: Sniffing out the truth behind the crime-scene

I'm back. Thanks all for posting. Too many to thank. I grabbed the Granddoggy and headed to the Lake. Walked the trails for several hours. Good to find some balance and connect with nature. Nothing really to add. Feeling melancholy. Prayers for Gannon and those who loved him. Kudos to LE for the job thus far and the tough work still to be done. Not the outcome we wanted but it wasn't unexpected. I pray he is found soon. His little body has suffered enough indignities. That's all I got. For now.
BBM:

Such a moving post, Bravo. Thanks for that.

To your bolded point especially:

Tonight, while my thoughts are primarily with and for Gannon, I'm also sparing a thought for Dan May.

Once again, he finds himself burdened with yet another heartbreaking case.

Once again, he is forced to sift, sort, and catalogue a mountain of evidence bearing stark witness to man's capacity for cruelty and inhumanity.

Once again, he is tasked with ensuring an evil monster is punished for having violently and senselessly murdered an innocent, helpless victim.

Once again, he's shouldering the weight of everyone's expectations that in the end, justice will prevail.

He and his prosecutors are just coming off of another extremely high-profile, emotionally draining case.

Now this.

I don't know how he does it.

I hope DA May's family and friends are being very kind to him.

Tonight, I'm saying one for Dan.

JMO.

Last edited:
I believe she moved him. Tampering with a corpse.

That means she did something with him after she killed him.

I think she killed him at home, loaded him into the truck, drove somewhere away and dumped him.

I hope she rots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members