Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because it was obviously unplanned, due to the loose ends she left dangling, no way she wasn't going to get caught because of the coverup. And that, there is no evidence that she was anything other than one more parent of a blended family trying to make it work. And that she helped AS in the courts to gain custody. (according to her).
There just isn't any evidence that she physically abused Gannon before that night, assuming the abuse took place on Sunday night.
I don't see anyone here calling the death an "accident", ie that he was walking down the stairs and tripped on a toy, hit his head and died.
In my mind, I can separate 2 issues. She probably, IMO, hit him too hard or pushed him and he hit something. And was petrified at taking blame.
I am satisfied believing that until I see more proof, I don't also have to blame her for cutting off his ears, stuffing objects in his mouth, cutting him up in pieces on the garage floor, or consistently beating him up for 2 years.
I don’t think extreme speculation about what she did to him vs she hit him too hard and feared taking blame are the only choices.

Honestly, we have no evidence of anything, only LE does, and they’re not talking. We do know that she’s a liar, she was abusive in the video/audio that she stupidly displayed, Gannon was very distressed in reaction to her disturbing behavior in that video, and she has consistently been self-centric and devoid of emotion in response to the absence of Gannon.

These behaviors don’t strike me as new or acute reactions to having gone too far in a single case of abuse (that then led to killing him?) They strike me as an extension of behavior and thought that was already present, and is likely part of a picture of a psychological abuser who was hostile toward this child well before that day.

Losing control and being fearful of being exposed doesn’t transform a person into what we’ve seen. She’s a callous individual who lacks a conscience, and it led her to commit murder, then smugly refuse to allow Gannon to be returned to his family for a dignified burial. If she was scared before, what must her fear of Murder in the first degree be? Yet she’s not giving in. JMO

Just adding, in agreement, that child abuse charges don't come from accidents. They come from deliberate and heinous acts.

Well that’s correct, but abuse doesn’t necessarily mean planned murder. The death can result from it, but the abuse doesn’t necessarily need to have the intention of death. I think, if that’s the scenario, the abuse led to critical injuries, but the first degree murder charge is likely because she decided to end his life rather than get him help. That decision was the turning part for the murder charge/premeditation, vs the abuse IMO. Basically, I don’t believe he died as a direct result of the abuse. I think something else happened on top of it, the next day, that ended his life. I don’t think she planned on her abuse critically injuring him, and I think that’s where the “accident” terminology is coming from.

We live in a society that rewards emotional abusers. I've met really good LEOs, Judges, social workers along the way but they were all exceptions. I'm thankful for the righteous souls who work in the system or none of us would ever see justice. Physical abuse needs to be redefined.

PTSD is a physiological brain injury detectable by imaging scans that shrinks the grey matter and cuts deep grooves into severing otherwise healthy receptors resulting in nervous system disorders which control our body like a main computer. Auto immune disease is directly related to emotional abuse in medical studies.

The system failed our family in an extreme way. All that hasn't happened yet is a death. Every day in fear of him having an episode. My child was hospitalized within the last month again under his care for a preventable reason. But 6x isn't enough for them.

Do I worry all the time? So much that for years I was paralyzed awake at night with uncontrollable grief or seizures. I fully understand the terror Landen has already experienced that the world has only caught a momentary glimpse of. I'm not saying authorities or family or society failed her and Gannon. I'm saying we're seeing the result of ignoring signs of abuse and can educate ourselves and step in to protect mothers and children. They need advocates. We need advocates before another hashtag happens.

This 100%. Just look at the Thomas Valva case. On top of the obvious neglect and physical abuse, dad and stepmom were emotionally abusing them and brainwashing them against their mother. Parental alienation was real in that case.
Unfortunately, personality disorders like NPD are not taken seriously by many people. Especially when physical abuse is not present. Victims are not believed or are told he said / she said, and children are manipulated by the abuser and not believed by others. People just don’t view emotional abuse as serious as sexual and physical abuse, out of ignorance really. JMHO.

I'm not sure I understand the continued insistence and minimization of this woman's crime towards Gannon by saying this was an accident. The charge is a first-degree murder charged, pre-meditated. I draw several conclusions from that.

1)That Gannon left that home alive, as per the video, and he did not die in the house.
2)That Gannon did not return to the house that day.
3)That LE believes Gannon is dead, and it happened outside the home, hence the extensive searches and murder charge.

Thus, even if she hurt him Sunday "by accident", he was still alive when he got in that vehicle. She had the choice to take him to the ER, to get him medical help, to return home and care for him. But clearly, she did none of those things, and LE is fairly certain that she chose to take him somewhere and kill him. Or let him die of his injuries, but if that were the case, it might be a neglect charge. To me, this woman has proven herself a liar, mean, and vindictive sadist who likes to inflict emotional pain on others and lashes out when she is thwarted. Why is crossing the line to her deliberately murdering Gannon so hard for some? Just trying to understand.

ITA
A 5 week long investigation leading to her arrest on these charges and untold hours of the crime scene lab collecting evidence and Lord knows what else that we haven’t heard yet. IMO there’s no debating it.
I keep remembering the FBI agent at the press conference saying that
they have concluded that it’s murder “as a result of foul play.”

The dictionary says:
Foul play is criminal violence or activity that results in a person's death.

People v. Stauch: Defendant will appear for video advisement today at 1:30 pm El Paso County @KOAA has the pool camera.

Rob McCallum on Twitter

If you follow reporters on Twitter, you’re going to want to follow this guy too. He’s the court public information officer.

Not that premeditation matters legally here (she’s facing life in prison because of his age and her being in a position of trust), but I think one thing above all else proves this was premeditated:

She left her phone at home.
But apparently she could be traced by the watch? Wasn't that established, or did it disappear? I don't think we know that yet.
Do you think he wasn't already badly hurt when they left that day? Do you think that she intentionally started to murder him in the house, and actually got him in the truck to finish him off?

Hard for me to consider that form of evil where she would put him in the truck with a plan to murder him. With the Watts case I was the last to be convinced that it was indeed planned way ahead of time. Which eventually came from the horses mouth.

So for now I have to stick with a reaction from her gone horribly wrong, as a result of some trigger that Sunday night. Then deterioration overnight, with his dying in the truck between her errands.

Not that premeditation matters legally here (she’s facing life in prison because of his age and her being in a position of trust), but I think one thing above all else proves this was premeditated:

“The best laid plans of mice and men..” and she’s an idiot.
Malice forethought doesn't either, sadly cos I reckon her action was #loaded.
Truth is that we can only guess at her motives.
In many peer reviewed and cited papers a motive of revenge is frequently an aspect in filicide cases.
I'm using the word filicide even though she was not a biological parent, she considered herself as one.. TV interview.. 'how Gannon loved having 3 parents'

Child murder by mothers: patterns and prevention

In this article REVENGE is discussed
An Overview of Filicide

There is absolutely nothing to suggest this was an accidental killing in all we know so far.
His body remains unfound.
No remorse.
No regret.

I will not contribute to a defense for her based upon no evidence.
The child is dead.
She refuses to disclose the dead child's location.
Is that an accident?
No, it most certainly is not.
Nor was his death, IMO

I've been through the DV process here unfortunately more than I wish to discuss because I married NPD borderline like my mother. My experience was that even with years of audio, video, electronic documentation of communication, over 100 authorities involved, restraining orders, character witnesses and professional testimony is that they simply revert back to a "He said/She said" and a child has less chance of being believed than an adult with documentation and evidence. People look the other way unfortunately. "Not getting involved" was the most common thing I heard during those years. It's a broken system and victims of abuse truly have no support. What could Landen have done to navigate this based on something he said when she lived so far away and court costs in Family court top $10K for uncontested custody cases? Nothing. It's so important to me that people wake up and become aware of ignoring signs of abuse that I'm writing a book recounting the journey hoping it will inspire others to step in when they witness abuse.

The problem is that for every case of real abuse there are several more accusations with nothing behind it. So now they're going hard on spouses that make accusations without ENOUGH witnesses and ENOUGH backing evidence. If you're being abused and controlled, where do you hide the evidence until your escape? It's a catch 22 for a lot of families.

#LeteciaStauch will face a judge today at 1:30pm.

Charges:
- Murder in the First-Degree (Child Under Twelve-Position of Trust)
- Child Abuse Resulting in Death
- Tampering with a Deceased Human Body
- Tampering with Physical Evidence

Catherine Silver on Twitter
@MassGuy does this mean we will be able to see unsealed information as well do you think?

But apparently she could be traced by the watch? Wasn't that established, or did it disappear? I don't think we know that yet.
Do you think he wasn't already badly hurt when they left that day? Do you think that she intentionally started to murder him in the house, and actually got him in the truck to finish him off?

Hard for me to consider that form of evil where she would put him in the truck with a plan to murder him. With the Watts case I was the last to be convinced that it was indeed planned way ahead of time. Which eventually came from the horses mouth.

So for now I have to stick with a reaction from her gone horribly wrong, as a result of some trigger that Sunday night. Then deterioration overnight, with his dying in the truck between her errands.
Who leaves their phone at home when they leave the house for any length of time, let alone 4 hours?

I don’t believe she abused him with the intent of killing him, rather, I believe she abused him and realized she had to kill him to cover it up.

When they left that morning, she knew only one of them would be coming back.

I don’t think this was planned days in advance, but hours in advance.

I agree about the phone. I also think there is possible video of her loading items into that truck, would also lead to the premeditation
The problem is that for every case of real abuse there are several more accusations with nothing behind it. So now they're going hard on spouses that make accusations without ENOUGH witnesses and ENOUGH backing evidence. If you're being abused and controlled, where do you hide the evidence until your escape? It's a catch 22 for a lot of families.

I suggest you read up on the Thomas valva case and see exactly how much evidence that mother had. It’s disturbing really. There were over 20 cps reports, by the school of severe neglect, physical abuse and emotional abuse that were ignore by the LE and the family court system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JerseyLizard