Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt she hurt them too much but its protocol if a prisoner puts a scratch or a bump on you you go be seen so you will have proof and can a a charge of assault on them, im sure it was nothing bad but they wanted her to have that extra charge on her record!

I think if she managed to get out of the cuffs she wasn't going to just happily put them back on when the officer told her to. I think she would have put up a fight, this woman is extremely calculating, her eyes are constantly watching and scanning. So if LS put up a fight you can bet the officer did to.

I have a feeling it will be a female officer. However, I would love to be wrong and for the officer to be unharmed.

MOO

I’m confused about how she attacked. I haven’t caught up yet, but wouldn’t she have been handcuffed?

And for all of us that continue to want to look for the smallest bit of good in every human..she’s sure making this hard. With past charges, unspeakable things to Gannon, and now this. I’m having a hard time finding it.

They said she apparently slipped out of her cuffs. There was another case where a murderer (Cedric Marks) escaped from a transport van at a McDonald’s and around that time I did some research on prisoner transport vans, it’s an unorganized mess most of the time with very underpaid employees.

Here’s 1 good story that gives an overview: The Horrible Things I Saw Driving a Van Packed with Prisoners

I’m confused about how she attacked. I haven’t caught up yet, but wouldn’t she have been handcuffed?

And for all of us that continue to want to look for the smallest bit of good in every human..she’s sure making this hard. With past charges, unspeakable things to Gannon, and now this. I’m having a hard time finding it.
my sons works for the prison system and has done many transports and yes they are handcuffed but if they took a bathroom stop and let her out of the cuffs long enough to use the bathroom it could have happened then , she could have somehow managed to slip her had out of the cuff, there just isn't any telling what happened till they release it, but if she just shoved the officer or hit them or anything she would still get that charge and it protocal for the officer to go be checked out at the hospital for whatever injury they substaned!!

Lauren Scharf and Daniela Leon
48 mins ago
“EL PASO COUNTY, Colo. — Letecia Stauch’s extradition back to Colorado was completed Thursday morning.

Stauch is charged with first degree murder and more, in connection to the disappearance of her stepson, Gannon Stauch.

Estradition-of-Letecia.jpg

Stauch was arrested in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina on Monday and arrived in El Paso County around 9 a.m. Thursday. She’s being held without bond.

Stauch did make an unexpected stop during that drive, in Saline County, Kansas, where she spent the night Wednesday.

Stauch-in-court-Thursday.jpg
Public Defender Kathryn Strobel and Letecia Stauch in El Paso County

On Thursday afternoon, an El Paso County judge advised Stauch of the charges against her, which include first-degree murder, child abuse resulting in death, tampering with a deceased human body and tampering with physical evidence.

Gannon Stauch’s biological parents listened in from a separate room at the courthouse.

All of the documents regarding this case remain sealed.

[SBM]

On Monday afternoon, a spokesman for the El Paso County Sheriff’s Office said they’ll continue to search for the missing boy’s body, noting the investigation has only just begun.

‘As you can see from the arrest, sadly, we do not believe Gannon is alive,’ said Lieutenant Mitch Mihalko.

‘I make this promise,’ Sheriff Bill Elder said Monday. ’This team will continue its work, these partners will remain steadfast and diligent until the conclusion and final prosecution of this case.’

[SBM]” (BBM)
Letecia Stauch in custody in Colorado, first court appearance set

Last edited:
Regarding filming of the murder/death, it does happen, even in the US, and even with people who are trying to get away with murder. Didn’t Jody Arias snap photos prior to, during and after the murder? Or were they accidental? More recently, this woman filmed her boyfriend screaming and crying for help. Not a ‘snuff’ video, per se, but video of the crime she then deleted to cover her tracks. Luckily they were able to retrieve it.

Edited to add link
Florida woman zipped up boyfriend in suitcase, filmed his cries for help and left him to die: officials

It’s honestly not that far-fetched, though I don’t think LS filmed her crime (aside from Sunday’s video).

The sad reality of our world is that horrors we used to think only possible in horror flicks keep happening in real life, and sometimes end up being worse.

Last edited:
I just can’t wait for her explanation here (not that we’ll hear it anytime soon).

She’ll probably claim the deputy was sexually harassing her. She’ll make up a crazy way to spin this.
Exactly what I was thinking. Kinda like how her constitutional rights were violated during her police interview.

Thank you @GordianKnot for talking me down off the ledge with your post. I know today's hearing wasn't much, but I just need reassurance that this case is in good hands. Your right, Dan May is still involved & trusts Michael Allen!
He sounds good to me.

"The vast majority of my caseload is homicide cases," he says. Allen has tried eight murder cases since joining the DA's Office. "Each one of those defendants has been convicted and is in prison," he says.

Asked why he's running to succeed May, who's term-limited from seeking a fourth term, Allen says, "I'm committed to public safety and doing this job well. That's the biggest thing that motivated me to do this."
Deputy DA Michael Allen announcing candidacy July 11

They said she apparently slipped out of her cuffs. There was another case where a murderer (Cedric Marks) escaped from a transport van at a McDonald’s and around that time I did some research on prisoner transport vans, it’s an unorganized mess most of the time with very underpaid employees.

Here’s 1 good story that gives an overview: The Horrible Things I Saw Driving a Van Packed with Prisoners

Wow. My hat is off to those who do this job.

JMVHO.

Handcuffs were too large and she got her hands out apparently.
I wonder if she was provoked and if it was part of a strategy?
Rather careless of them if not.
I also wonder whether the officer was wearing a bodycam at the time?

DANG, I fell asleep in chair and wake to this...poor Gannon.

Me too. I fell asleep and woke up to this. Wow. What was her plan, to escape? No one will forget her mug, she’s not going anywhere. Or maybe trying to look hard? Like she’s tough to other prisoners? They will show her what hard really looks like. She’s an idiot.

MAR 5, 2020 6:01PM MST
Jesse Paul
“The El Paso County woman arrested on a murder charge related to the disappearance and presumed death of her 11-year-old stepson was fired from a middle school teaching job just days before the boy went missing.

Leticia Stauch was going through orientation for a job at Mountain Ridge Middle School in Academy School District 20 when her employment offer was rescinded.

Academy District 20 rescinded her employment offer after finding inconsistencies in her employment application,’ district spokeswoman Allison Cortez said.

Cortez did not elaborate on those inconsistencies. She said Stauch never had access to children and that the district is currently is in the process of notifying Mountain Ridge Middle School students and families.

Stauch was participating in orientation from Jan. 22 and 24 when she was fired, just three days before her stepson, 11-year-old Gannon Stauch, went missing.

A spokeswoman for the El Paso County Sheriff’s Office declined to comment. Cortez confirmed that the woman who was going through orientation at Mountain Ridge Middle School is the same person who was arrested in Gannon Stauch’s disappearance.

[
SBM]” (BBM)
Stepmom arrested in Gannon Stauch disappearance was fired from teaching job days before boy went missing
Somebody at the district did their research. Looks like she couldn’t get a job because she lied... for the millionth time.

Exactly what I was thinking. Kinda like how her constitutional rights were violated during her police interview.[/QUOTE
IMO LS told the Judge in Kansas she didn't have a problem with them, meaning she did and does have a problem with Colorado police. I'm wondering if they sent the same officers who LS had the altercation with previously?? MOO

I'm a thousand (more or less) pages behind, but just after dinner I thought, 'she's in jail, there are no planned searches, I'm all caught up... maybe I'll watch a movie', and then, I refresh my screen and bam! TS went cuckoo for cocoa puffs.

I've been here long enough, I really should know better. :eek:

Oh she’ll face additional charges. I think she was making an escape attempt, as she knows her days as a free woman are forever over.

I can’t wait for the details.

Yes, she will absolutely face additional charges. She proved that "the rage is real".

She is not making her case easy for her defense attorney.

Not only that but she will have to be shackled when meeting with her defense attorney as she has shown that she is violent and dangerous.

Last edited:
MAR 5, 2020 6:01PM MST
Jesse Paul
Leticia Stauch was going through orientation for a job at Mountain Ridge Middle School in Academy School District 20 when her employment offer was rescinded.

Academy District 20 rescinded her employment offer after finding inconsistencies in her employment application,’ district spokeswoman Allison Cortez said.

Stauch was participating in orientation from Jan. 22 and 24 when she was fired, just three days before her stepson, 11-year-old Gannon Stauch, went missing.

[
SBM]” (BBM)
Stepmom arrested in Gannon Stauch disappearance was fired from teaching job days before boy went missing

My goodness. It starts to make this thing look so planned. Get fired. Have rage. Wait for her husband and visitor to go out of town. A great day at GOTGs complete with Burger King. Then, a killing to vent her rage. No way this kid would have had a chance to survive with her anger issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
?Unicorn/Fkboi?