Identified! UK - N.Yorkshire, 'Pennine Woman' AsianFem 376UFUK, 20-40, in water, Sep'04-Lamduan Seekanya

You misunderstand, I was talking hypothetically.

As and when...
Ooooops, my apologies!

Anyway, here’s an interesting case from the U.S. from the 80’s which bears some similarities to LA’s.

Richard Nyhuis: A Boy Scout Leader Goes Astray

Remains of Thai wife found in the wilderness. No missing person report ever filed. Husband alleged she wanted a divorce and went home to Thailand and never heard of ever again. After a publicised facial reconstruction of what the victim might look like, a Thai friend came forward. Husband tracked down. Husband went “Oooops”.

Last edited:
Mrs Trimble [LA's first cousin] said she wanted to "thank everyone on behalf of her family" for looking after her relative, and added that Mrs Armitage "should rest in our local temple" in Thailand.

"This is how we do it in Buddhism," she said. "It's better if she gets to be near her family."

Deputy of the Thai Women Network in the UK Kanittaya Graham, who accompanied Mrs Trimble to Lamduan's grave, said it was an "emotional" experience.

She said: "I felt really sad when I saw it. She's been there [in the grave] unknown for years.

"It was emotional. Buathong was very tearful.

"I can see they've really looked after her. I feel really appreciative that they looked after Lamduan even though they didn't know her."

_106158831_20190323_131302.jpg

A crowdfunding page to raise money for her remains to be sent back to her family in Thailand has exceeded its £5,000 target by more than £600.

'Thai bride' relative visits grave

Unsure what is meant by the shoe comment, ie. rbbm. from link..
"Thai wife was found with new shoes and a spiral fracture in one finger on Yorkshire hills
Detectives in the United Kingdom are believed to be working on the theory that someone killed Lamduan and ditched her body in the remote Yorkshire hills using a 4 wheel drive vehicle. Although police found some clothing near the body, they never did recover her shoes. The woman’s body did not have outward signs of bruising or injury nor were there any indications that she had drowned even though her body was found near a stream. They did however discover a spiral fracture on one finger which would could have resulted from her attacking someone or falling on her hands."

I think the headline was intended to read 'no' rather than 'new'.

I would be very surprised if husband was not a suspect. Perhaps they mean he hasn't been charged?

Since she disappeared, husband David has been living near Kanchanaburi, the town where the 1957 war movie The Bridge on the River Kwai was set.

Tracked down by The Sun he was quick to shut down any questions over his wife’s death.

And he he blamed British cops for treating him like a suspect instead of a bereaved husband and complained that he had not been allowed to grieve.

“If the police want to formally speak to me I would co-operate and answer their questions," he said. "I made that very clear to the British Embassy here. No problem, I actually made that offer.

“My position is that I have nothing to hide so why wouldn’t I want to talk to them?

“I have not been allowed to grieve. I wasn’t invited to the funeral and have not been involved legally in any of the exhumation of the body process.

“I feel totally left out of the loop. I am very concerned about what happened [to Lamduan] but I have no knowledge of it.

“There is all this innuendo and people are left with questions and I’ve got no comeback on it in a country which is not mine.

“I do feel for her parents. I would want to know in their situation but some of the things they have said are not true.

“I’m bored with it. I just want to work and get on with stuff.

Lady of the Hills husband says he's 'bored of it all' over Thai bride's mystery murder

Khaaw thuot Khun Lamduan. Buy suu ka tii na kha. (I’m sorry Lamduan. I hope you are in a happier new life.) Buddhists believe in reincarnation - grammatical corrections courtesy of my Thai-born spouse but the sentiment is from my heart.

UK stalls progress in case of Lamduan Seekanya, the Thai wife found dead 16 years ago by hill walkers in Yorkshire

thai-wife-lamduan-seekanya-uk-husband-police-case-lady-hills-woman-family.jpg

(The mother of Lamduan Seekanya 73-year-old Joomsri Seekanya is now simply waiting for the repatriation of her daughter’s remains for final funeral rites at home)

UDON THANI: The UK’s Lady of Hills was identified last year as 36-year Thai woman and mother of three, Lamduan Seekanya, whose death, police believe, may have occurred under suspicious circumstances. Now both her family in Thailand and her UK husband who also lives in the kingdom, want answers and closure.

Nearly a year after police in the UK finally identified a body, found in 2004 and buried under the epitaph ‘Lady of the Hills,’ as that of Thai wife Lamduan Seekanya, there has been no progress in the case with neither her body exhumed or an interview conducted with her husband at the time who is now living in Thailand. This week, Lamduan’s family, including her ageing mother, fear that the Thai woman has been forgotten about again as she had been 16 years ago when an investigation into her death became a cold case. Her husband has also expressed frustration at not being involved in matters to do with the identification of his wife’s body and the suspicion that he has grown up around him. 55-year old David Armitage lives in Thailand’s western Kanchanaburi province.
---
It has emerged this week that authorities, despite police opening her cold case in 2018 and positively identifying the victim as well as reaching a conclusion that the woman had died under suspicious circumstances, have taken no further action on the case and Lamduan’s body has not even been exhumed.
---

Retired police chief blames UK Home Office unit for the delay in authorising a full and active investigation

This week, they told UK reporters that the police are again forgetting about their daughter due to inactivity in the case. Their view is supported by Adam Harland, the now-retired head of the North Yorkshire Police cold case unit.

He blames the UK’s Home Office, an impenetrable institution that is almost a law unto itself in the United Kingdom as it sits at the crossroads of the work of the police services and the administration of justice.

The body responsible, for authorising the investigation to move ahead and make progress, is the UK Central Authority which is responsible for coordinating and deliberating on cross border operations between the UK and authorities in foreign countries.
---

UK tabloid The Sun is on the case

There was some activity this week in the case and the family have even received a visit from Thai authorities after the UK’s best selling newspaper The Sun, always a powerful force and the terror of faceless bureaucrats, did a follow-up story on the once again dormant case.
---
Her mother is ageing and she anxiously wants to see her daughter’s remains repatriated and placed in the local temple. It’s the closest she will get to bringing her daughter home.

UK stalls progress in case of Lamduan Seekanya, the Thai wife found dead 16 years ago by hill walkers in Yorkshire - Thai Examiner

I am really surprised by above article published few days ago in Thai papers. UK Police force who was investigating and trying to identify her worked really hard on her case with much more media presence and appeals than any other UK Doe I have seen.

Not sure what is going on or if police really dropped the ball completely on the case but hopefully at least her body will be returned to her family swiftly..

I don't see how it could be anything but suspicious.

But clearly not enough evidence for a prosecution :(

Yes l think maybe they need to put their limited resources elsewhere. I don't believe she wandered into the hills and died of hypothermia. The circumstances and actions after are suspicious.

The post-mortem only revealed a fractured little finger? That's it?

No bruising elsewhere? No toxicology tests? Liver and kidneys for poisoning? Blood tests?

They did isotope analysis on her hair to identify the area in which she lived, so they must have done some tests on Lamduans body......

I'm confused as to why the coroner couldn't find anything that would indicate cause of death!

British police travel to Thailand to solve 'Lady in the Hills' mystery

Police have travelled to Thailand to speak to the husband and family of a woman dubbed 'the Lady in the Hills' who was found half naked and dead in the countryside nearly 20 years ago.

North Yorkshire Police officers are now travelling to Thailand to speak to Lamduan's parents Buasa and Joomsri Seekanya, after an almost four-year delay due to COVID.

They will also be speaking to her husband David Armitage, who now also lives in Thaland.

Mr Armitage told The Sun in 2019 that he wasn't involved in his wife's death.

Timeline: Lamduan Seekanya's relationship with David Armitage​

June 1990: David and Lamduan meet in Thailand
January 1991: The pair get married
July 1991: They move to the UK and live in Portsmouth
February 1992: Their first child, a son, is born
May 1999: Their daughter is born
2003: They move to Rugby in Warwickshire, and from there to Burton-in-Kendal in Cumbria
September 2004: A woman's half-naked body is found near Horton-in-Ribblesdale, North Yorkshire
March 2019: Police finally identify the body as Lamduan Armitage, who was 36 when she vanished in 2004.
February 2023: North Yorkshire Police arrange to visit Thailand, where Mrs Armitage's husband and parents live

BBM

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back