Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #25

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not agree that the defense won this one. I felt like the prosecutor made excellent legal points. Lori's counsel also had some good legal points. I feel like the judge ruled based on the law and the legal arguments. I am satisfied that all parties were represented and that the conditions of bond, even if the bail is paid, are reasonable to keep her contained and monitored. I feel good about what happened today based on the charges.
Thank you for sharing. Nice to hear that from an attorney.

It was satisfying to see that Lori did not charm and get “10K her way”.
She looked stunned IMO.
Don’t you think Law Enforcement will tail her everyday if she makes bail even tethered ....?

Given the counties she's allowed to visit, it will be tough for her to get out in public where someone isn't going to recognize her, IMO. When the thriving metropolis of Idaho Falls is the biggest town you're allowed to go to, it's hard to blend in.

Defense attorneys won this round. No question their presentation was superior to the prosecutor. In the end though she still has to produce the children. That day of reckoning is getting closer. Best wishes all
I liked the prosecutors presentation. He appeared calm, collected, and confident, IMHO.

It also seemed to me as though the judge had reviewed all the arguments and probably come to a decision prior to court. It's not as though they're going to make a decision like that with the few seconds he had.

Most definitely but the fact she’s likely to bond out is a win for the defense regardless. That was not the goal of the prosecutors. I’m sure the judge had to reduce it but he reduced it to a range that Chad can likely meet. 2M would have been a win for the State.

For me, the primary concern is production of the children if possible. This hearing today showed, imo, that the judge took Lori's behavior very seriously. The bail is very high for these charges (and rightly so, under the unique circumstances of this case). This shows that the judge is serious and has been reasonable to Lori's right to prepare with her counsel, while, at the same time, sending a message that Lori doesn't get to mess around any more. This judge has taken control. For this hearing, a judge who took control was very important. I believe we saw that happen today.

I'll also note that they indicated $1 million bail is the previous record for Madison county (I think that was what the pitbull said) and that was for a murder charge.

At first I was 50/50 as to whether she had harmed the kids, it’s gradually gone down but I still had hope that the children were alive and hidden. That’s gone now after seeing how smug she was in court today. I hope she doesn’t get away with this :(. MOO

Not to worry all. The prelim is in a couple weeks. It will get much more interesting then. Plus, there is likely more activity going on with LE and she could get arrested again. She will be harassed like a heal hound nipping away at her. She won’t be having fun.
not have fun? she will get her 3- a -days, even with the clumsy ankle monitor.....and Chad's kids in the next room...they better watch out, she might not like them being there......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spartan12!!