Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #25

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not agree that the defense won this one. I felt like the prosecutor made excellent legal points. Lori's counsel also had some good legal points. I feel like the judge ruled based on the law and the legal arguments. I am satisfied that all parties were represented and that the conditions of bond, even if the bail is paid, are reasonable to keep her contained and monitored. I feel good about what happened today based on the charges.

Me too. Her attorney asked for $10,000 bail and it was set at $1 million (previously $5 million). And there were several restrictions placed on her if she does manage to bond out. That's a win for the prosecution, even if she manages to get out of jail. I kind of hope Chad wastes his money bailing her out, so that he will have less money to pay for his own attorney and his own bail in the future. MOO.

I'll also note that they indicated $1 million bail is the previous record for Madison county (I think that was what the pitbull said) and that was for a murder charge.

Good point and true. The judge has to look at what LV is charged with, not what it looks like to everyone that she has done. At the same time, the judge is obviously very concerned the children are missing which leads to the $1M, same as the previous murder bail. Plus an ankle monitor.

One point the defense made that is well taken - being out will not be any picnic. She is not only tailed by all major law enforcement, she is tailed by the media. In a sense, she was more protected in jail, although jail is no fun. I personally feel like, as long as she is adequately monitored, it only helps the case to have her out and about. Her actions from here on out will definitely be scrutinized and may be telling. This whole thing does not appear to be planned out very well....IMO, MOO

I dont think anyone involved is going to like her living in Tammy's house or sleeping in that bedroom either.
Based on the secrecy that her lawyer was protecting by not publicly revealing the address where she would reside, I am 100% sure she will not be in Tammy’s old house. I expect Chad will not either, unless they are separating.

I hope Colby confronts Chad. It makes me so angry how selfish Lori and Chad are, and how smug their supporters are. There are other people who care desperately for the welfare and safety of these children. They are Colby’s brother and sister, and Larry and Kay’s grandchildren. And they treat this like it’s a big joke.

I'm half expecting to hear she is getting arrested on federal charges. The FBI filing in looked . . . well, super FBI-ish. Jmo.
I hope we can get one of our lawyers to explain these possibilities. We know they have so much information, and now that she is back in ID--how WOULD the Feds do something... and when and can they????

Could they do that? If they had enough evidence on any of the 3 active investigations, could they arrest her on new charges as soon as she posts bail? That would be a hoot!

I heard awhile back of someone getting arrested the minute they walked out on bail. But I need to mark my reply as speculation because I can't remember where I saw that. Jmo

Most definitely but the fact she’s likely to bond out is a win for the defense regardless. That was not the goal of the prosecutors. I’m sure the judge had to reduce it but he reduced it to a range that Chad can likely meet. 2M would have been a win for the State.

Too bad all the winners and losers are the prosecuteror, defense or defendant. What about the missing kids? Guess we will have to classify them as losers. Forgotten

I mean-disappointing news, BUT now they can track & follow her and perhaps we can find out what happened.

Firstly, Tammy’s life Insurance people should freeze Chads bank account while LE is investigating Tammy’s death. Unless he’s emptied it / hidden anything left.
Do it Now!
Secondly, Social Security should tell Lori she has to pay back the kids SS payments SHE has been getting in HER account since they went Missing in Sept. SS needs to stop the deposits FGS! Possibly freeze her account too.
Follow the money....IMO

I liked the prosecutors presentation. He appeared calm, collected, and confident, IMHO.

We’ll have to agree to disagree and disagree with anyone who thinks the defense didn’t win. Without typing it all out I believe the prosecutor could have made a more effective presentation.

At the end of the day the prosecutors goal was not achieved. That’s a loss in my book.

Cheers all....appreciate any comments even if we disagree. Great site and great contributors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lover305