Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #25

Status
Not open for further replies.
I
Correct me if I am wrong but I think the point is.... that there is a concern that she will do the worst case scenario and take her own life. Kind of a FU to everyone.... because then we may never know where those poor kids are
I fear a double suicide also MOO. I just do not see any way out of explaining why you won’t produce your children!!?? Whether they are dead or alive either way she has done something horrendous. IMO!

Did anyone else notice Lori seemed like she might cry when the judge was telling her the potential prison sentence for each count she is charged with? Or was that just wishful thinking? MOO

I still do not understand why has Lori not been charged with homicide. If there is an attorney/ LE in the forum please shed more light to this as to what is the requirement to charge her with homicide. Can the prosecution not file a motion to compel to show evidence that her kids are alive or else face homicide charges? I think there is a lot of circumstantial evidence present in this case to go forward with the charge. She is the last known person the kids were with, she never reported her kids missing, she lied about the whereabouts of JJ and TR, requested her friend to lie to LE, tell the babysitter JJ is with her grandma, listed JJ's service dog for sale, no refill of prescription medication...it goes on and on and, yet she is only charged with felony child abandonment with a punishment of fine and maximum prison time of 14 years. I just don't get it! MOO

I

I fear a double suicide also or MOO. I just see any way out of explaining why you won’t produce your children!!?? Whether they are dead or alive either way she has done something horrendous. IMO!

Yes. I think this may have been a reason in addition to her flight risk that the police in HI did not simply ask her to turn herself in once they had a warrant. MOO

ITA... it was the "vino needed" moment for me. Tough to accept the argument that it's okay for a special needs 7yr old to legally be abandoned for 12 months.
This was very interesting to hear, like that somehow made it all ok!! That she shouldn't stand charges because of this 6 month discrepancy.... that's a really disgusting defense in my opinion... no mother worth anything abandons her children for any length of time!! I was disgusted at this line of defense.
I would also have thought that the SS payments line of discussion would have brought shame to both her and Chad!! But she didn't show any shame at all. Also disgusting to me!!

I’m just sitting here, waiting to see what happens with bail. I’d like for someone in Idaho to chime in with the process for Idaho.

For example, does 10% go to the court or to a bondsmen? I’ve seen people write here in WS that both situations can happen in other courts.

And is the 10% refundable?

Again, I’m curious about this court specifically, not what is done in another state or country.

"If you post a cash bond, you might get some of or your entire cash bond back, but it won’t be until the case is finished. Additionally, monies from a cash bond may be applied to court costs and fines for the defendant before any remainder is returned to you. The law allows the court to use the cash bond to pay fines in this way. If you post a surety bond through a bail bond company like A-Affordable Bail Bonds, you will not get the premium, agent fee or sheriff’s fee back. Those are fully earned upon the posting of the bail. If you put up collateral, as long as the defendant makes all of his/her court appearances you will receive it back when the defendant is found innocent, guilty, or the case is dismissed by the court and the bond is exonerated."

Bail Bonds Questions @ A-Affordable Bail Bonds Idaho

So I guess the 100k is a loss unless he puts up the entire 1 million, or collateral equivalent to that.

Yes he did! On a side note, who else intorduced themselves in the clip that sat on the prosecution side? I see Kay and Larry, one of Charles Vallow's sons (I think Cole), Cheryl's husband Mark (Cheryl is Charles' ex and mom to Cole), Brandon Boudreaux, then some guy that could have been Brandon's security but looked a LOT like Colby so maybe a family relation. Really glad to see these families coming together to support one another.

Anyone with any theories on her being able to travel around to adjacent counties? The judge rattled off quite a few. I thought that was interesting- So far Madison and the neighboring county are all we know of being associated with her. Curious as to who or what the authorities might hope she visits...

The counties in question are logical, asssuming the judge wanted to do it on a county level. Madison, because that is where the court is, obviously, and possibly where she will be living. Fremont, because that is where Chad's house is, if nothing else. Jefferson, I can see two reasons, the main one that she has to go through Jefferson to get to Bonneville. (The head of AVOW lives in Jefferson county too, but probably not pertinent.) Bonneville is where Idaho Falls is. I can see the claim that she doesn't have access to X (insert anything that would not be available in a small town, but would be in a smaller city here). IF isn't a monster town, but there is a big difference between there and Rexburg. I think the judge can point to the geography he's allowing and made a case that it isn't too limiting whereas just Madison county there would be legitimate issues that could be raised, IMO.

Yes. I think this may have been a reason in addition to her flight risk that the police in HI did not simply ask her to turn herself in once they had a warrant. MOO
Yes, I thought that too!!! They might make a ceremony out if it or something bizarre. MOO. My heart aches for CR. I want to adopt him, I will be his reliable mom.

I wonder who gave them their lei's and what the significance is?
I can't comment on what it meant for them but it looked to me as if Larry was wearing black tourmaline which is believed by some to offer protection.

Ancient magicians relied upon Black Tourmaline, known as Schorl, to protect them from earth demons as they cast their spells. Today this stone is still revered as a premier talisman of protection, a psychic shield deflecting and dispelling negative energies, entities, or destructive forces. It guards against radiation and environmental pollutants, and is highly useful in purifying and neutralizing one’s own negative thoughts and internal conflicts, and turning them into positive, usable energy. [Eason, 204][Raphaell, 132][Ahsian, 407]

Black Tourmaline is also a powerful grounding stone, electrical in nature, providing a connection between Earth and the human spirit. Its supportive energy aligns the energy centers of the body and channels healing light throughout the system. It promotes a sense of power and self-confidence, allowing for a clearer, more objective view of the world. It is empowering to those who must live or work in challenging environments or when facing difficult circumstances. [Eason, 204][Simmons, 406][Raphaell, 132][Hall, 298]

Black Tourmaline Meanings and Uses | Crystal Vaults

It's impossible for me to wrap my brain around her smug smiles and smirks when talking about her own missing, and probably dead, children! How is there no emotion for her own children? A jury is NOT going to like her.
She is never going to talk and neither is Chad ..I believe this will be like Casey Anthony..remember Casey was smart enough to not smirk in front of the jury. Seems like there are a lot of charges to be laid but remember State of Florida went for the death penalty and basically screwed that case up. We want to see the children healthy and whole, I just don't see that happening. Water boarding might work.. But in protecting Lori's rights..It takes away the missing children's rights.. why doesn't the Family court do something? I am discouraged. I know the court system is slow but... WTF..where are the children...

Reporters asking Colby what they think Lori could have done with the children, saying he "knows her the best."
Colby, paraphrased from memory: "Not anymore. I used to be able to talk to her, call her anytime about anything - not anymore."
My question - did Lori even make eye contact with her son? He said he tried to lock eyes with her.
I hope Colby is able to get in front of Lori while in Idaho, his goal for being there. I very highly doubt it would make any difference at this point, but I hope he gets that chance to confront her in person about his missing siblings.
"I used to be able to talk to her, call her anytime about anything - not anymore."
I cannot possibly imagine how it feels to have the mother you love, a few feet from you, to walk past you as if you don't exist. Such cruelty she puts upon this kid. Part of the media circus is the naive nature of the Woodcocks and Colby. They are open and accessible. Such opposites of Lori, who is cold and closed off. This dichotomy is compelling. It stirs the emotional response of wanting to protect JJ & Tylee, the Woodcocks and even Brandon more than what would be considered normal interest of a complex criminal news item.

I am never going to understand Chad Daybell's mindset of visionary endtimes and I, as far as he is concerned, don't have to. I am not worth saving in his world, therefore of little consequence. But of those around him, his parents, his children, his lawyer - do they understand? Are they expendible too? Have they no mercy on these poor children or on Colby, her forgotten son? How do these people sleep at night? I wish I could muster hope and not feel so overwhelmed by disillusion right now. It's not Chad and Lori that disappointment me. It is their support system.

So Lori's lawyers claimed that she and Chad and "their children" had ties to the community. Her kids sure weren't there, and it didn't look to me like any of her new step children were there to support her, either. Am I wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam