Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #25

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding her lawyer, she seemed unlikeable and pretentious I can't imagine her being very convincing with a jury.
I don't see that we saw enough of her to know that. I thought she was just fine, and had good presence in the court. The great thing about our system of justice is that the accused has an advocate. Even the most hated have an advocate, that's how we can sleep at night, knowing that their rights are being considered too.

Morgan Loew on Twitter
Chad Daybell leaves the courthouse out the back after his wife’s initial appearance today. Lori Vallow’s attorneys argued that she has ties to the community and said she and her husband have children here. two of those children are missing. #azfamily

3:59 PM · Mar 6, 2020·[URL='https://help.twitter.com/using-twitter/how-to-tweet#source-labels']Twitter for iPhone
[/URL]

I think what I am bothered by the most with the bail, is that it is Tammy's life insurance money .I also find the optics of who was with Chad to support him was only an attorney that he has on retainer. No family or friends wanted to publicly be seen with him. MOO

Sorry I'm so behind! I've been really busy at work and we've all been glued to the screen watching all the local news proceedings about the case. I'm trying to catch up to questions asked in the last thread.

@Sticksandspades You asked:

"What part of any doctrine could they possibly twist to justify hiding these kids for so long or worse prematurely ending their life on earth?

Surely, any vision/whisper/voice that broke a generally accepted commandment would be questioned?"

The extreme LDS preppers who are focused on the end of days are very suspicious of government conspiracies. I watched someone very close to me in this community go through a three year period where they were convinced they were being followed and watched by the FBI. Why? Because this person was "speaking truth" about the latter day prophecies and the government wanted to silence them. I even had a bizarre meeting with this person out in a 40 acre field. We couldn't bring phones and had to be checked for wires before this person would tell me how their family was doing. They spoke in whispers the entire time. Maybe important to note: This person was a prominent member of a regular LDS and functioning in a high/upper calling. They are still a respected member and no one would suspect their paranoia and end-of-days obsession if they didn't know.

That's an extreme example, but it's one of the first things I thought of when I first heard the breaking news about Lori and Chad. This was confirmed as I visited various groups/forums I'm still a member of and saw people standing up for these people and excusing their behavior as a way to "protect the kids" against modern "Gadianton Robbers" (see Book of Mormon teachings, Gadianton Robbers are secret oath groups.) I'm really cautious about outing myself as I am afraid of a lot of these people. But their supporters seem to mostly believe that the kids are safe and are being hidden to protect them from a larger conspiracy. Either government-based or custody-case based (as Chris Parrett announced in his leaked 'vindicated' post.) We've discussed how ridiculous the custody case thing is, but these people believe anything is possible and greatly fear that they themselves might be next in a huge, orchestrated smear campaign in order to silence them.

I don't have any direct ideas about why someone like this might actually take a life. There are examples in scripture of god directing the sacrifice of a life --Nephi / Laban in the BOM, Abraham and Isaac in the Bible (though that was stopped), and many cities being destroyed by the command of god without any mention to the innocent children that would die in such an event. LDS strongly believe in life after death, so I could see in some extreme cases that being twisted to mean murder would equal protection. The fear surrounding end-of-days can be really, really high with these people, and the prophecies we have can be terrifying. In an extreme case I could see a mother feeling like it was an act of love to send her children on to the next life, though no normal member of the LDS church would condone ANY of these behaviors. But I could see an extremist going so far down a particular path that they seek to justify actions using these kinds of stories and beliefs. When Nephi kills Laban in the Book of Mormon, we're told in scripture that it's better for one man to die than for an entire nation to dwindle in unbelief. See how that could mean god endorses murder in special circumstances?

It's pure conjecture. It does seem to fit somewhat, with what has been leaked about Lori's beliefs re: bad spirits taking over a person and that person needing to be taken out by any means necessary. I also think that perhaps some undiagnosed mental illness comes into play here. I hesitate to suggest this as I struggle with depression and anxiety and don't appreciate every terrible criminal being chalked up to 'being mentally ill.' But I've seen personal friends/family get so extreme in their LDS beliefs that I begin to wonder if there aren't some serious things developing that go undiagnosed and unmedicated. Brian David Mitchell who kidnapped and raped Elizabeth Smart certainly fits under this umbrella of extremism. He was LDS, had serious mental illnesses, prophesied, wrote his own book of scripture, and justified his actions with religious precedent.

Last edited:
I don't see that we saw enough of her to know that. I thought she was just fine, and had good presence in the court. The great thing about our system of justice is that the accused has an advocate. Even the most hated have an advocate, that's how we can sleep at night, knowing that their rights are being considered too.

It was the way she placed her index finger and thumb together while speaking to the judge that I found pretentious. Her intense resting face is unsettling too.

I wonder who gave them their lei's and what the significance is?

Kay covered it in the presser after. Someone from HI sent them. They are for the kids when they return.
*Edit maybe it was her husband who cover it, it was one of them

It was Kay. She explains where they came from and why starting at around 4:35 in the video at this link.
WATCH: Judge reduces Lori Vallow Daybell's bail amount to $1 million | East Idaho News

not have fun? she will get her 3- a -days, even with the clumsy ankle monitor.....and Chad's kids in the next room...they better watch out, she might not like them being there......
I think Chad needs to worry a lot more than his kids. He knows things. He has money. If he’s crushed by farm eqpt or “kills himself” he takes what he knows to the other side of the veil while Lori stays on this side inheriting and spending his assets.

It would be ever so wonderful if Chad decides “Lori’s safer in prison” and refuses to post bail. Won’t ever happen, the guy has completely lost his mind. But she belongs in jail.

The Court TV commentator was angry that Lori had bail reduced in part because if the kids are still alive but Lori wants them dead, now she’s free to kill them or arrange to have them killed.

If someone thinks that’s ridiculous consider this. If the kids were merely hidden there’s a good chance it’s because they witnessed incriminating things when CV was killed. Recently Lori found out AZ is investigating her for “conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder”. That may well be enough for her to feel that they need to be gone forever ASAP. .

We’ll have to agree to disagree and disagree with anyone who thinks the defense didn’t win. Without typing it all out I believe the prosecutor could have made a more effective presentation.

At the end of the day the prosecutors goal was not achieved. That’s a loss in my book.

Cheers all....appreciate any comments even if we disagree. Great site and great contributors.
I think we need to have Juan.martinez try this for the state I was not at all impressed with this.prosecuter.I just hope that they can arrest chad and charge lori with murder.

What if it is out at the house in Rigby/ Menan Idaho and the Parrett guy?
Yes, I believe something along those lines. Not to mention I do not personally believe, they are paying all these attorney's, bail, etc, by themselves people that have same extreme belief system are financially backing them. Personally..

I think the million is an ok bail. She gets out and is tracked. Let her dig herself deeper in the hole. Didn't we think they were blowing thru money very rapidly? So he puts up the 100k, what do they have left? Funds may be frozen now that there is an inquiry into Tammy's death.

Seeing so many people show up for JJ and Tylee from all over the country was actually very powerful. It was emotional watching this. It was devastating listening to the defense, not mentioning the children but instead trying to paint this monster as a victim. She is so vile. JMO MOO

I still do not understand why has Lori not been charged with homicide. If there is an attorney/ LE in the forum please shed more light to this as to what is the requirement to charge her with homicide. Can the prosecution not file a motion to compel to show evidence that her kids are alive or else face homicide charges? I think there is a lot of circumstantial evidence present in this case to go forward with the charge. She is the last known person the kids were with, she never reported her kids missing, she lied about the whereabouts of JJ and TR, requested her friend to lie to LE, tell the babysitter JJ is with her grandma, listed JJ's service dog for sale, no refill of prescription medication...it goes on and on and, yet she is only charged with felony child abandonment with a punishment of fine and maximum prison time of 14 years. I just don't get it! MOO

I am not a lawyer, by any means. this is Just My Opinion.

From what I understand the Prosecution has the burden of proof (6 yr. Debate/Speech).

So, if she is charged with murdering her children the Prosecution would need to prove this.

Thus far, what we have seen, is that this could potentially be the case (highly probable). However, speculation would not be enough to even take this to trial. Prosecution would not only want proof, they would want to make sure, that they can tie it to Lori specifically, and make sure the charges stick. The best bet, is if they actually found the bodies, and evidence tying to LVD.

I have heard that cases have been won, without a body, but the burden of proof still needs to be there, which makes the case much harder.

This case is exceptionally difficult. Thus far, Lori has not even said if the kids are alive or dead. Without the bodies, I don't even know how prosecution could show burden of proof. The kids vanished, and no one seems to know where.

Add to that, that one of the key POI's is now dead. If Lori can't be directly tied to the kid's disappearance, she can conveniently pin this all on Alex. I, for one, am not even sure Alex killed anyone, but it wouldn't surprise me that he will be the scapegoat for all of the dead bodies connected to LVD & CD.

I am 100% convinced that Lori helped murder CV (50/50 that she pulled the trigger). Lori definitely knows exactly what happened to those kids, but she may be able to get away with all of it.

MOO

IF and only if he bails her out how long till that happens? If she is still in the slammer by say the middle of next week think we are in the clear of her staying put?

Firstly, Tammy’s life Insurance people should freeze Chads bank account while LE is investigating Tammy’s death. Unless he’s emptied it / hidden anything left.
Do it Now!
Secondly, Social Security should tell Lori she has to pay back the kids SS payments SHE has been getting in HER account since they went Missing in Sept. SS needs to stop the deposits FGS! Possibly freeze her account too.
Follow the money....IMO
I don’t care if she keeps the money, as long as the Feds slap her with Social Security fraud charges. Soon. Like tonight. Before she posts bail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave