Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it is simply because Boise is the state capital and the most populous city in the state. Idaho is not exactly full of big cities. Even Boise is only around 226,000 people: List of cities in Idaho - Wikipedia

IMO, MBP mentioned Boise to throw BB off of her scent-- if he came to look for her there he wouldn't find her. But it also allows for some plausible deniability later if she is found and called on it-- she can say she didn't know Idaho geography very well and thought she was moving near Boise and point out that she did move to Idaho. Conferences for the group we can't name were held in Boise. So it's a realistic sounding place to choose to tell BB.

There are probably more attorneys to choose from in the Boise area. There was a court motion filed by Lori's new attorneys asking for any criminal record for Lori in Ada county, where Boise is located. Someone suggested last thread this was probably a standard motion they have in a form they use all the time and someone forgot to edit the county name. I'm in agreement with that explanation after the hearing. The prosecutor admitted he has no previous criminal record for Lori (just 7 civil contempt of court charges from family court filings in 2009).

I think the other connection to Boise, that you are trying to remember is the seminar that Chad did there..

From our timeline: CV learned Lori was going to Boise with a friend for a talk or conference; CV and his lawyers made attempts to serve Lori divorce papers and order of protection papers at the airport, a hotel, and a public event.

BB had made reference that Melani was involved with this group for 18 months or so; So my belief is that both Lori and Melani WERE there. Lori to hide from CV's divorce papers, and Melani to tag along with Auntie.

Chad's 360,000$ insurance money. Has the IRS taken out their share yet? If not, there goes another big bunch. The illegal social security will have to be repaid. Three lawyers will eat up some more. Oh what a tangled web we weave.

This may have been answered already, but I'm trying to play catch-up... Life insurance proceeds are generally not taxable by the IRS as part of your gross income.

I'm a worse case scenario kind of thinker, and I kinda hoped it would go down, but not enough. As much as I hated to admit it, I found the original bail gleefully unconstitutional for the charges they have used thus far. I hope that if CD makes bail, it would drive down the defense money, and if he
doesn't, it might put some chinks in LD's perception of him. She seems to be a very vindictive person, let her feel a disappointed and abandoned by him.

Now I'm off to work. I'm sure there will be fifty pages when I get back!:)

Just to avoid confusion for those of us who can only jump in and out periodically, CD would “post” bail and LV would “make” bail. For a minute I got excited because I thought CD got arrested too.

My opinion is that they have already spent around $2o0,000 to $300,000 from Tammy's life insurance and there is no secret house anywhere that they could have purchased.
Expenses after Tammy's death that we know about:

1. Tammy's Utah funeral and Rexburg, ID memorial service (which VI's said seemed rushed and skimped on as far as the personal touches, no funeral potatoes, etc).

2. Flights for Lori and Chad to Kauai, Hawaii to get married.

3. Beach wedding package complete with flower petals in a heart, ukulele, and about 666 photos of the happy couple.

4. Accommodations for the time they were there for their wedding and honeymoon (hotels or various rental homes).

5. Flights back to the mainland where they pretended to settle into newlywed life in the townhouse-Apt Lori rented (except for the part where Chad made it seem like he didn't know Lori very well and didn't have her phone number). Did Chad start paying Lori's apt rent and utilities yet? We don't know, so I'll leave that off the list.

6. Flights out of Idaho after the welfare check on JJ (we don't know where they flew to initially but they both ended up in Los Angeles Airport).

7. A family vacation for all of Chad's kids living in the US to Knotts Berry Farm in California over Thanksgiving (conveniently right after the welfare check).

8. Shipping costs for whatever was in the boxes they sent over to Kauai that arrived ahead of them at the condo.

9. Flights for Lori and Chad back to Kauai from LAX airport on Dec 1st.

10. New clothing in Kauai because they were in such a hurry to make this alleged "pre-planned move" they didn't take much other than some of Lori's clothing. Chad was seen almost exclusively in Kauai themed clothing.

11. Accommodations in Kauai the second time including both their condo rental estimated at $4000 to $6000 per month for at least 3 months rent ( Dec, Jan, Feb).

12. Resort rates for when they decided to hotel hop (even with a local discount they are looking at a couple hundred per night minimum).

13. Rental car costs for both their times on the island and maybe even for the time in California over Thanksgiving. Plus fuel for the cars.

14. Food and beverage costs for all of December, all of January and most of February (Lori was arrested Feb 2oth). They didn't have access to a pepper's stash, so they would have had to hit up Walmart and Costco. And who knows how often they treated themselves to eating out.

15. Rental furniture for their rented condo while they were in Kauai. Rent-a-Center truck was seen taking away the furniture after Chad gave notice he was moving out.

16. Chad's flight back to Idaho after Lori signed a waiver of extradtion, along with a rental car he drove from SLC to Rexburg.

17. New devices (phones, laptop, etc) after the police seized their devices as evidence in the Jan warrant.

18. A last minute trip to Maui on Presidents Day weekend, a time when Maui is considered among the most expensive US place to vacation for that holiday.

19. Attorney fees for Chad and Lori both, first for a lawyer to make a statement after the Dec 20th Rexburg PD Press release on the missing children, then to retain the Kauai Defense Attorney in late January after the court order and warrants were served and more recently so Lori can hire her own 3 attorneys to fight the Idaho charges.

And this is just what I came up with off the top on my head. I'm sure I'm missing some things. And there may be expenses we don't know about yet. Maybe someone who is good at estimating costs can figure out how much all the above list would cost?

MOO.

and I thought that dating was expensive. :D

JMO

Usual apologies about not being able to keep up with this thread so maybe this was discussed.

Shortly before the last thread was closed yesterday, Sticksandspades posted the statute for Abandonment or Nonsupport.

ID - ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #25

Snipped section 2 out for focus, BBM:
(2) Willfully omits, without lawful excuse, to furnish necessary food, clothing, shelter, or medical attendance for his or her child or children, or ward or wards; provided however, that the practice of a parent or guardian who chooses for his child treatment by prayer or spiritual means alone shall not for that reason alone be construed to be a violation of the duty of care to such child;

I'm not a lawyer but I interpret this to mean LVD's defense could be that she prayed for the children so she didn't violate the law. I realllly hope I am wrong about this and one of the attorneys, or someone who plays an attorney on WS, can correct me.

If not this, what legs does the defense have to stand on?

I'm looking forward to seeing when they bought the tix to Kauai... What other expenditures did they have (Mexico tix?) Any money going out toward caregivers of kids? We know SSI money for them was coming in, noted in court. Phone calls? Texts to Alex? There is likely a cornucopia of convicting crap available.
I hope they did book the trip (including that departure date) before LE came knocking looking for the kids. Because if they were last minute reservations yet DA didn’t point that out, he’s clearly not up for the challenge.

My opinion is that they have already spent around $2o0,000 to $300,000 from Tammy's life insurance and there is no secret house anywhere that they could have purchased.
Expenses after Tammy's death that we know about:

1. Tammy's Utah funeral and Rexburg, ID memorial service (which VI's said seemed rushed and skimped on as far as the personal touches, no funeral potatoes, etc).

2. Flights for Lori and Chad to Kauai, Hawaii to get married.

3. Beach wedding package complete with flower petals in a heart, ukulele, and about 666 photos of the happy couple.

4. Accommodations for the time they were there for their wedding and honeymoon (hotels or various rental homes).

5. Flights back to the mainland where they pretended to settle into newlywed life in the townhouse-Apt Lori rented (except for the part where Chad made it seem like he didn't know Lori very well and didn't have her phone number). Did Chad start paying Lori's apt rent and utilities yet? We don't know, so I'll leave that off the list.

6. Flights out of Idaho after the welfare check on JJ (we don't know where they flew to initially but they both ended up in Los Angeles Airport).

7. A family vacation for all of Chad's kids living in the US to Knotts Berry Farm in California over Thanksgiving (conveniently right after the welfare check).

8. Shipping costs for whatever was in the boxes they sent over to Kauai that arrived ahead of them at the condo.

9. Flights for Lori and Chad back to Kauai from LAX airport on Dec 1st.

10. New clothing in Kauai because they were in such a hurry to make this alleged "pre-planned move" they didn't take much other than some of Lori's clothing. Chad was seen almost exclusively in Kauai themed clothing.

11. Accommodations in Kauai the second time including both their condo rental estimated at $4000 to $6000 per month for at least 3 months rent ( Dec, Jan, Feb).

12. Resort rates for when they decided to hotel hop (even with a local discount they are looking at a couple hundred per night minimum).

13. Rental car costs for both their times on the island and maybe even for the time in California over Thanksgiving. Plus fuel for the cars.

14. Food and beverage costs for all of December, all of January and most of February (Lori was arrested Feb 2oth). They didn't have access to a pepper's stash, so they would have had to hit up Walmart and Costco. And who knows how often they treated themselves to eating out.

15. Rental furniture for their rented condo while they were in Kauai. Rent-a-Center truck was seen taking away the furniture after Chad gave notice he was moving out.

16. Chad's flight back to Idaho after Lori signed a waiver of extradtion, along with a rental car he drove from SLC to Rexburg.

17. New devices (phones, laptop, etc) after the police seized their devices as evidence in the Jan warrant.

18. A last minute trip to Maui on Presidents Day weekend, a time when Maui is considered among the most expensive US place to vacation for that holiday.

19. Attorney fees for Chad and Lori both, first for a lawyer to make a statement after the Dec 20th Rexburg PD Press release on the missing children, then to retain the Kauai Defense Attorney in late January after the court order and warrants were served and more recently so Lori can hire her own 3 attorneys to fight the Idaho charges.

And this is just what I came up with off the top on my head. I'm sure I'm missing some things. And there may be expenses we don't know about yet. Maybe someone who is good at estimating costs can figure out how much all the above list would cost?

MOO.
At least Lori did $ave some $ by getting a free flight to Idaho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members