Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think MSM is the last place LE would look to share anything they don’t want made public. What would be the point? We’ve seen how the media decided not to publish and then published. After they went beating on doors in the neighborhood and went to the work place of RD.

And yet apparently they did - including the FBI. And leaks do occur. In every case. Since it's a new thread, I'll post the KOAA article again:

TIMELINE: From Gannon's disappearance to an arrest

Which is in accord with what was posted about the FBI on the prior thread.

@Jupiter05 said:

"I am glad that the media respected the investigation process at the request of LE. That is integrity. It sounds like they were on to TS immediately but did not want her to know. I would bet that they have tapped her phone and all of her whereabouts through gps via a warrant and moved in to make the arrest once they had bullet proof evidence, although no body. She fled CO to SC for a reason. Everyone was demanding information and thinking that ESPO and the FBI, CBI, were not doing their job yet they truly were. I am feeling quite confident and would rather wait to hear the news when LE decides it is time for us to know. IMO"

And I agree. Which is why I am defending the integrity of KOAA. No news agency should be made to feel that it cannot report the news, by LE especially. But, if LE presents a good reason to hold back information, I agree that MSM should at least hold off and let LE fill them in (which they undoubtedly did) as the case goes along. To now believe that a good station (KOAA) is lying after the fact is not where I'm going to go. I congratulate KOAA for letting us know how things unfolded for them, as it is instructive.

I think MSM is the last place LE would look to share anything they don’t want made public. What would be the point? We’ve seen how the media decided not to publish and then published. After they went beating on doors in the neighborhood and went to the work place of RD.
These were tips from sources within law enforcement. Every good journalist who covers crime has sources like this.

This wasn’t an on the record thing, and I’m sure higher ups wouldn’t have been happy about it if they knew.

It's been reported. KOAA is standing behind it (and clearly, they've had some inside information all along) I trust the reporter on this one. They were asked to stay quiet and the FBI apparently acquiesced because it fit whatever game plan they had.

But, inside LE, they knew.

It was not a "post," it's in our Media thread. It was a tip that the news agency thought was verified. I'll leave it at that. But it's definitely not a post - it's MSM.
FBI were not involved at that early stage. They came later.

These were tips from sources within law enforcement. Every good journalist who covers crime has sources like this.

This wasn’t an on the record thing, and I’m sure higher ups wouldn’t have been happy about it if they knew.
I have no doubt that someone with an unauthorized mouth in LE everywhere has more than once opened that mouth.

who is RD?

10ofRods said:
MSM cooperated by not using the term, but as soon as the arrest was made, KOAA published its own timeline of what it knew when, stating:

January 29: News 5 Investigates receives a credible tip from law enforcement sources, alerting us that Gannon was not a runaway child and foul play is suspected. Our sources disclosed that Gannon's stepmom was considered a prime suspect.

So while we, the public, did not know this, KOAA knew it and decided not to publish this at the time. LE was maintaining publicly that it was not a criminal case, and while KOAA says it knew that LE suspected foul play on the 29th, they stayed quiet to aid the investigation.

This means that some LE were suspecting TS on the 29th, which was the point a couple of us were discussing above. If they suspected her on the 27th, they did a poor job of keeping her under surveillance. I believe it was only after talking to AS and LH that they realized what exactly they were dealing with (and what had happened in the home).

I think this suspicion came up on the 28th, when she rented a car and failed to stay at the family home while AS and LH were arriving, giving interviews, and wanting, more than anything, to ask TS a boatload of questions.

IOW, "they" maintained that it was not a criminal case to us, but some LE gave MSM a different story.

January 29th makes sense as the date foul play is suspected. That was the date Rod Drayton showed the video to Al, who then called LE. Drayton told the media, LE said this was the break they were looking for (or something to that effect). EPCSD was onto TS very early on.

I thought they were involved from the beginning. At least from what I remember there seemed to be a large number of agencies involved. They were listed in some of the early articles. Jmo
I don't think they became involved until AFTER case status was changed from missing to missing and endangered, that might have been after 29th.

I am pretty sure that it took higher ups more than 24 hours to develop a special view of this case. LE officers need to be told what the game plan is. Of course, LE goes way beyond sworn officers (AFAIK, Sheriff's department in EPC is about half non-sworn personnel, perhaps slightly more than half).

At any rate KOAA thought their source was credible (and it turned out they are right - it's obvious from the sheer number of LE involved, across multiple agencies, and Dan May's activity early on that this was a criminal case). And at least 1 MSM knew it and maintained integrity in the goal of apprehending LS.

LS may have left the family home on Tuesday, never to return (and knowing that her other cars might be impounded).

Her interview in front of the camera happened the same night as the first "Blue" event for Gannon (there was a vigil on Wednesday - her interview could have been Wednesday or Friday).

If in fact she was already evading LE (by renting the car, being away from the home, finding a new place to live, etc) then when she left the state, they had to have notified authorities in SC (we don't know if she drove or flew).

I believe she left CS by Feb 3-4, that LE knew that, that LE had to take steps to monitor her situation in SC, etc.

January 29th makes sense as the date foul play is suspected. That was the date Rod Drayton showed the video to Al, who then called LE. Drayton told the media, LE said this was the break they were looking for (or something to that effect). EPCSD was onto TS very early on.
NO, that was not the date Rd showed cctv to al, that did not happen until the following Sunday morning.

I am pretty sure that it took higher ups more than 24 hours to develop a special view of this case. LE officers need to be told what the game plan is. Of course, LE goes way beyond sworn officers (AFAIK, Sheriff's department in EPC is about half non-sworn personnel, perhaps slightly more than half).

At any rate KOAA thought their source was credible (and it turned out they are right - it's obvious from the sheer number of LE involved, across multiple agencies, and Dan May's activity early on that this was a criminal case). And at least 1 MSM knew it and maintained integrity in the goal of apprehending LS.

LS may have left the family home on Tuesday, never to return (and knowing that her other cars might be impounded).

Her interview in front of the camera happened the same night as the first "Blue" event for Gannon (there was a vigil on Wednesday - her interview could have been Wednesday or Friday).

If in fact she was already evading LE (by renting the car, being away from the home, finding a new place to live, etc) then when she left the state, they had to have notified authorities in SC (we don't know if she drove or flew).

I believe she left CS by Feb 3-4, that LE knew that, that LE had to take steps to monitor her situation in SC, etc.
Her interview occurred on Friday 31st.

I don't think they became involved until AFTER case status was changed from missing to missing and endangered, that might have been after 29th.
Right, but that was only a couple of days after he went missing, I thought. I didn't mean on the first day, I just meant at the beginning of the investigation as opposed to a week or two later. Imo

Here for Gannon

In my heart, I believe they suspected her as soon as she reported him. I don't believe that she was able to be consistent, concise, or act naturally. Its my opinion that the police went to her home to get a full report of the "runaway" and immediately noticed something amiss, as well as her "I'm smarter than you" attitude. I think that they played her from the get go. Unfortunately, I also believe that if they had someone trailing her from day 1 we would know where Gannon is now.

I have no doubt that someone with an unauthorized mouth in LE everywhere has more than once opened that mouth.

LE is allowed to speak, until they're told not to. It's not as if they are all "unauthorized" to speak.

I don't think LE was commanded to conceal that it was a criminal investigation on Day 1 or Day 2.

As soon as I figure out how to do so, I'll add the below URL to my signature... lol... for @perception≠reality and anyone else, who continued to have a question about social media on Websleuths (more at link, BBM):

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/threads/social-media-facebook-twitter-etc.291123/

Rules on Social Media - Individuals
Victim (missing or murdered person)
Suspect (as indicated by LE)

• Links may be used to direct members to posts made by a victim or a suspect.
  • Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed.
  • Paraphrasing is okay.
  • Posts by friends and visitors are off limits.
  • Do not link to an individual's (victim or suspect) social media page if you are not 100% certain it belongs to the correct individual.
So to paraphrase:

-Links to appropriate posts in social media are acceptable (TS's Facebook, etc.).

-People's comments on the victim or POI's SM posts, are not acceptable topics of conversation

-Screenshots of content are NOT acceptable (separated from original SM source; and thus not proven)

-If there is no link to the owner's social media available, because the contents of an original post was removed or deleted from SM; then no link to the original post can be provided, and naturally, the topic of said deleted post cannot be discussed. :D

Here for Gannon

In my heart, I believe they suspected her as soon as she reported him. I don't believe that she was able to be consistent, concise, or act naturally. Its my opinion that the police went to her home to get a full report of the "runaway" and immediately noticed something amiss, as well as her "I'm smarter than you" attitude. I think that they played her from the get go. Unfortunately, I also believe that if they had someone trailing her from day 1 we would know where Gannon is now.
Both parents arrived next day, Tuesday 28th. From the outet both said he was not the type of child to run away. They would have known then for sure but unlikely they knew immediately or, as you say, they would have tracked her movements all through Monday night and all of Tuesday too.

Does anyone know if she actually put those 960 miles on the rental car herself for sure or not?

No, but we do know she drove at least ~340 miles. According to the receipt, she returned the car with less than 1/4 tank and was charged for it. I came up with the 340 estimate based on the 11.9 gallon tank capacity, less than 1/4 would be about ~1-1.5 gallons left, so factored ~10.5 gallons was used, with gas mileage of 28 city/37 highway I used an average of 32....so 10.5 x 32 = 336 or roughly 340.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutalicy