Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
As soon as I figure out how to do so, I'll add the below URL to my signature... lol... for @perception≠reality and anyone else, who continued to have a question about social media on Websleuths (more at link, BBM):

Rules - Social Media - Facebook, Twitter, etc.

Rules on Social Media - Individuals
Victim (missing or murdered person)
Suspect (as indicated by LE)

• Links may be used to direct members to posts made by a victim or a suspect.
  • Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed.
  • Paraphrasing is okay.
  • Posts by friends and visitors are off limits.
  • Do not link to an individual's (victim or suspect) social media page if you are not 100% certain it belongs to the correct individual.
So to paraphrase:

-Links to appropriate posts in social media are acceptable (TS's Facebook, etc.).

-People's comments on the victim or POI's SM posts, are not acceptable topics of conversation

-Screenshots of content are NOT acceptable (separated from original SM source; and thus not proven)

-If there is no link to the owner's social media available, because the contents of an original post was removed or deleted from SM; then no link to the original post can be provided, and naturally, the topic of said deleted post cannot be discussed. :D

This is extremely helpful! I don’t know how I haven’t seen this, but this helps it make complete sense. Thanks so much!

Here for Gannon

In my heart, I believe they suspected her as soon as she reported him. I don't believe that she was able to be consistent, concise, or act naturally. Its my opinion that the police went to her home to get a full report of the "runaway" and immediately noticed something amiss, as well as her "I'm smarter than you" attitude. I think that they played her from the get go. Unfortunately, I also believe that if they had someone trailing her from day 1 we would know where Gannon is now.
Welcome field of poppies. You make a good point.

I am pretty sure that it took higher ups more than 24 hours to develop a special view of this case. LE officers need to be told what the game plan is. Of course, LE goes way beyond sworn officers (AFAIK, Sheriff's department in EPC is about half non-sworn personnel, perhaps slightly more than half).

At any rate KOAA thought their source was credible (and it turned out they are right - it's obvious from the sheer number of LE involved, across multiple agencies, and Dan May's activity early on that this was a criminal case). And at least 1 MSM knew it and maintained integrity in the goal of apprehending LS.

LS may have left the family home on Tuesday, never to return (and knowing that her other cars might be impounded).

Her interview in front of the camera happened the same night as the first "Blue" event for Gannon (there was a vigil on Wednesday - her interview could have been Wednesday or Friday).

If in fact she was already evading LE (by renting the car, being away from the home, finding a new place to live, etc) then when she left the state, they had to have notified authorities in SC (we don't know if she drove or flew).

I believe she left CS by Feb 3-4, that LE knew that, that LE had to take steps to monitor her situation in SC, etc.
@10ofRods You did a good job gathering those facts.

QUESTION: Was Tuesday, 1/28/20, TS's last day living in that house?
QUESTION: Was Sunday, 2/2/20 the day RD's video was viewed by AS?

My thought: If Tuesday 1/28/20 was TS's last day in that house, then it wasn't AS's reaction to the video that caused TS to leave. Maybe leaving was TS's temper tantrum over AS allowing LH to stay at the house.

@10ofRods You did a good job gathering those facts.

QUESTION: Was Tuesday, 1/28/20, TS's last day living in that house?
QUESTION: Was Sunday, 2/2/20 the day RD's video was viewed by AS?

My thought: If Tuesday 1/28/20 was TS's last day in that house, then it wasn't AS's reaction to the video that caused TS to leave. Maybe leaving was TS's temper tantrum over AS allowing LH to stay at the house.
TS was gone before the video was known publicly and before RD claimed to have found it.

LE is allowed to speak, until they're told not to. It's not as if they are all "unauthorized" to speak.

I don't think LE was commanded to conceal that it was a criminal investigation on Day 1 or Day 2.
This flows from a post awhile back saying another civilian had said someone in LE told him/her. I haven’t read or seen a media report that LE said on or off the record to be foul play. That’s not the same as saying I don’t think people in LE talk. But no, I don’t think members of law enforcement are free to discuss active cases as they please. Of course there are restrictions, or the press wouldn’t refrain from reporting the info when they get a tidbit.
Practically, I think anyone paying attention knew it was a foul play case.

Here for Gannon

In my heart, I believe they suspected her as soon as she reported him. I don't believe that she was able to be consistent, concise, or act naturally. Its my opinion that the police went to her home to get a full report of the "runaway" and immediately noticed something amiss, as well as her "I'm smarter than you" attitude. I think that they played her from the get go. Unfortunately, I also believe that if they had someone trailing her from day 1 we would know where Gannon is now.
@Fieldofpoppies Welcome to Websleuths!!

You make a good point. At this point, why would anyone think TS was able to pull-off the roll of a loving mother, frantic that her stepson is missing.
LE suspicious from the beginning?? They weren't as dumb as TS needed them to be.

Please don't be put off by my sarcasm. Its not that doubt the skills of LE, it is that I don't want to see the bad guy get away with such a horrific evil deed.

Does anyone know if she actually put those 960 miles on the rental car herself for sure or not?
No- but it’s not likely. She prepaid the gas, (to not have to fill up the tank and risk being seen on video). The receipt did not have the amount of gas on it as “0/8”, indicating empty. It listed “/8”... it wasn’t filled in, so she prepaid the full tank...

I’m one of the ones who don’t believe the mileage... I think there was an error. It’s not likely a (2019???) rental car had only 5 miles on it when she got it.

This flows from a post awhile back saying another civilian had said someone in LE told him/her. I haven’t read or seen a media report that it was LE said on or off the record to be foul play. That’s not the same as saying I don’t think people in LE talk. But no, I don’t think members of law enforcement are free to discuss active cases as they please. Of course there are restrictions, or the press wouldn’t refrain from reporting the info when they get a tidbit.
Practically, I think anyone paying attention knew it was a foul play case.

Yup. That’s precisely why I was following the case from the beginning. Missing persons cases are sad, but I’m only interested in foul play ones (on here).

This had foul play written all over it. Or as the crazies on Facebook say, “fowl play.”

No, but we do know she drove at least ~340 miles. According to the receipt, she returned the car with less than 1/4 tank and was charged for it. I came up with the 340 estimate based on the 11.9 gallon tank capacity, less than 1/4 would be about ~1-1.5 gallons left, so factored ~10.5 gallons was used, with gas mileage of 28 city/37 highway I used an average of 32....so 10.5 x 32 = 336 or roughly 340.

thanks. Good work. I wonder if she asked for a muted rental color car. Anyone know what color it was?

I really feel like we are giving this stupid woman way too much credit.
She isn't a mastermind. She is a desperate woman who's world was crumbling right before her eyes.
I think the charge of 1st degree has made us think she has premeditated this. I really think it's just because he is under 12 and she was in a position of trust.
I say this because if we work on premeditated it changes the entire scope of information at hand. If it was as reactive as I think it was then Gannon is not far from home at all.
We know she was reactive to every bit of information out there because she couldn't help herself.
The runaway story came after she had killed Gannon, which means she has concocted that on what she knows. She didn't say abduction initially which would lend to Gannon's body being found anywhere or nowhere, she said runaway, giving an explanation as to why he would be found in the area.
She is a master manipulator and I am sure would do anything to make the evidence fit her narrative.

I keep thinking of Teleka Patrick who when she went missing, it was uncovered that she had a whole other side to her than that of the Dr who kept things together during the day. There was speculation a minister was involved and all kinds of things, turns out she was found not far from her car that she wrecked in the snow.
My point it once you cut out the excess noise, it is usually the most simple answer - Occams Razor.

Do I think that TS was horrible to Gannon on a daily basis - Yes, do I think that she ever thought it would eventuate in his death - I am leaning towards no. I think coupled with her losing her job that when she went into a rage fit on the Sunday night that this time it went too far and she has had to respond to that. I don't think she actively planned it per se.

She said in her interview that Gannon came home with her we just couldn't see him get out of the truck. I wonder if Gannon did come home with her, but was deceased in the back of the truck. I think the rental car was purely to scatter evidence as far and wide as she could to stop LE looking for Gannon close to home. She originally said he had runaway - could be found close to home, and then realised later that there was too much evidence to support that story so took it as far away from home as possible.
JMO

I am pretty sure that it took higher ups more than 24 hours to develop a special view of this case. LE officers need to be told what the game plan is. Of course, LE goes way beyond sworn officers (AFAIK, Sheriff's department in EPC is about half non-sworn personnel, perhaps slightly more than half).

At any rate KOAA thought their source was credible (and it turned out they are right - it's obvious from the sheer number of LE involved, across multiple agencies, and Dan May's activity early on that this was a criminal case). And at least 1 MSM knew it and maintained integrity in the goal of apprehending LS.

LS may have left the family home on Tuesday, never to return (and knowing that her other cars might be impounded).

Her interview in front of the camera happened the same night as the first "Blue" event for Gannon (there was a vigil on Wednesday - her interview could have been Wednesday or Friday).

If in fact she was already evading LE (by renting the car, being away from the home, finding a new place to live, etc) then when she left the state, they had to have notified authorities in SC (we don't know if she drove or flew).

I believe she left CS by Feb 3-4, that LE knew that, that LE had to take steps to monitor her situation in SC, etc.

Did SC police apprehend her in SC or did CO cops go there and do it themselves?

Was thinking of Casey Anthony. She dropped her toddler's body a quarter of a mile from her house. I don't know all the specifics of this case but have they searched near her home?

Yes, LE searched the neighborhood the night he was reported missing and the area has been searched extensively by LE and community members since.

Yup. That’s precisely why I was following the case from the beginning. Missing persons cases are sad, but I’m only interested in foul play ones (on here).

This had foul play written all over it. Or as the crazies on Facebook say, “fowl play.”
Yes, me too. Once I saw her initial interview, in which every single element screamed "She did it!", I couldn't help but check into MSM and WS multiple times per day as I expected her arrest to be imminent.

I really feel like we are giving this stupid woman way too much credit.
She isn't a mastermind. She is a desperate woman who's world was crumbling right before her eyes.
I think the charge of 1st degree has made us think she has premeditated this. I really think it's just because he is under 12 and she was in a position of trust.
I say this because if we work on premeditated it changes the entire scope of information at hand. If it was as reactive as I think it was then Gannon is not far from home at all.
We know she was reactive to every bit of information out there because she couldn't help herself.
The runaway story came after she had killed Gannon, which means she has concocted that on what she knows. She didn't say abduction initially which would lend to Gannon's body being found anywhere or nowhere, she said runaway, giving an explanation as to why he would be found in the area.
She is a master manipulator and I am sure would do anything to make the evidence fit her narrative.

I keep thinking of Teleka Patrick who when she went missing, it was uncovered that she had a whole other side to her than that of the Dr who kept things together during the day. There was speculation a minister was involved and all kinds of things, turns out she was found not far from her car that she wrecked in the snow.
My point it once you cut out the excess noise, it is usually the most simple answer - Occams Razor.

Do I think that TS was horrible to Gannon on a daily basis - Yes, do I think that she ever thought it would eventuate in his death - I am leaning towards no. I think coupled with her losing her job that when she went into a rage fit on the Sunday night that this time it went too far and she has had to respond to that. I don't think she actively planned it per se.

She said in her interview that Gannon came home with her we just couldn't see him get out of the truck. I wonder if Gannon did come home with her, but was deceased in the back of the truck. I think the rental car was purely to scatter evidence as far and wide as she could to stop LE looking for Gannon close to home. She originally said he had runaway - could be found close to home, and then realised later that there was too much evidence to support that story so took it as far away from home as possible.
JMO

Everyone must have really wondered wtf!? when she used the word “runaway” since he was such a sweet and compliant child by all accounts. The father must have thought, omg what did she do to him to make him consider running away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cevans