Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
In bodycam footage from a Chandler police interview with Cox, he told police that Lori had left her rental home with her children before Charles “came at me” and hit him in the head with a bat, which led Cox to go to the room he was staying in and grab his pistol and return to the room where he was arguing with Charles Vallow.

Lori told the interviewer that she was holding Charles’ phone as he and Cox were wrestling around on the floor and that he got up and came after her with the bat while demanding she give back his phone, which he had set on the counter. She told the officer that she had “gone around the kitchen to get away” from Charles and was “turned around” when she heard the gunshot. At that point “she came back around and saw him on the ground.”

you got me thinking and I read Lori's account and it's hers, doesn't mean any of it was the truth and it's a bit confusing and if all three of them had been pushed and independently interrogated the stories might have collapsed. I think there was a long rehearsal during the time when they did not call the cops and she used I didn't know what to do so I.. "took JJ to school" excuse. Too bad they didn't grab her phone and look at it. JMO

a
The stories and observed [public] facts are not consistent. But now 2 of the 4 are dead, another is probably dead, the other has 3 lawyers, lipstick and a curling iron.

Okay, need some help remembering something:

The woman seen on video go to LVD's townhouse in Idaho, do we know what date that was?
The reason I'm asking is because maybe it was the babysitter, if we don't have conformation of a specific date. Maybe it's from the 18th when babysitter met up with Lori?

@AZlawyer I would love to know your thoughts on why those charges have not yet been filed

Charges for abandonment/neglect have been filed. I don’t know why LE/prosecutors would bother with any additional charges basically covering the same acts. Their goal is to find the kids alive or to find evidence of murder and file murder charges.

Not sure... but she definitely had to go first, for some reason.

Why didn't they both vanish at the same time?

<moo>

@renarde and @BigAl16 ITA with both of you
IIRC it's not likely AxC had another car at Yellowstone. BYU Idaho is in the town they lived in, so a little odd to be heading off to college from YNP. Yeah, little JJ could have bought that lie but Tylee? What on earth would make her say goodbye to JJ and head off with AxC? I can imagine going off with him to a cool place where you can get right next to a hot spring pool. Maybe they made it special for just Tylee to go, as in "you're not big enough to do that JJ...look a squirrel" Maybe the picture was to distract JJ from not being included. Then maybe gaslighting JJ and telling him that Tylee met up with friends and went on to college? I can't really say MOO, just My Own Possible Theory

Last edited:
One thing I am curious about...

How did prosecutors in Hawaii know how much money CD had in his account? I can't imagine he volunteered that. As much as I wish the FBI is getting warrants for his financial transactions I don't think they would be able to considering the kids are not his. Is her defense going to be that CD was sending money for the kids care?

Also on the body cam footage, the LEO asks AxC why he didn't just shut the door and stay in the bedroom instead of retrieving the gun there and returning to confront CV
WHY did Arizona LE not investigate more thoroughly that claim of self defense?
And why did Idaho LE acquiesce to no autopsy for a healthy 49 year old woman?
So being concerned about how LE is handling the "rights" of the defendant, of Chad and of the kids' concerned family (KW, LW, CR etc) is not IMO conspiracy theorist thinking. Sometimes people, even LE, suck at their jobs, and in this case that may have had devastating consequences that we're all hoping won't be repeated MOO

Quite frankly it gives cause to wonder how many thousands of murders get away with it because of the poor quality that must exist in many jurisdictions.
Improving the quality of our systems means making it a priority and funding it. There is a correlation of those incarcerated with IQ and socioeconomic status. Its not necessarily that low IQ people commit more violent crime, but they sure get caught easier. Thats not really justice.

Charges for abandonment/neglect have been filed. I don’t know why LE/prosecutors would bother with any additional charges basically covering the same acts. Their goal is to find the kids alive or to find evidence of murder and file murder charges.
Thanks! So it wouldn't really add additional pressure to file additional charges

Why is LVD so smug/arrogant? Does she know something about the kids whereabouts that she is holding to ensure her vindication? Curious to everyone's thoughts/theories.

I've recently thought she's acting like it just doesn't matter since the endtimes are here in July. She's acting smug, like she knows something the rest of us don't.

I don't know of anything like that.

Okay, wasn't sure. So do they not have pre-planned Tent City area's? or are they just well kept secrets?? I thought they had group camp outs at times?!

I hope some other folks who were closely associated with Chads group may have a few good idea's for LE to check out.
MOO.

Quite frankly it gives cause to wonder how many thousands of murders get away with it because of the poor quality that must exist in many jurisdictions.
Improving the quality of our systems means making it a priority and funding it. There is a correlation of those incarcerated with IQ and socioeconomic status. Its not necessarily that low IQ people commit more violent crime, but they sure get caught easier. Thats not really justice.
What you said @VeryVeritas !

IIRC, I don't think this was for a property per se, BUT was a business loan of some sort that Charles had with them. Therefore, they filed against his estate.

ETA:I forgot to include the quote, but this is in reply to @Sticksandspades above
Yes, I remember a business loan with this couple as well. I think it was for 200K originally.

Meeting for DARG (Doomsday Addiction Recovery Group).

It has been an intense and emotional day for all of us. So I propose that we all take some time to decompress, over the next day or two. Here are some ideas that I suggest:

Listen to some music to help with coping with the emotions. For those adventurous souls, I suggest the following songs, that seem appropriate for this case (you decide):

1- Disturbed - Hold On To Memories [Official Lyrics Video]

2- AD INFINITUM - Marching on Versailles (Official Video) | Napalm Records

Next, find an activity that helps you get that stress out. That can be running, taking a hot bath/shower, reading a book, or something that works best for you.

For myself, I think I am going to play a little Grim Dawn, to get out some of that pent up frustration out. It's very therapeutic for me. :D

Tell someone that you are thankful for them today. This can be your spouse, child, family, or friend.

Hope that helps everyone have a great day. Then we can come back, refreshed and feeling much better. Any cool experiences, please share. :)

MOO

What a wonderful post and a fabulous idea and very thoughtful of you to think not just of your own well-being and mental health ( i say that in relation to any stress or sadness or frustration or anxiety etc that following this case is causing you all ) but also the wellbeing of all your fellow Websleuthers. I am very thankful to be part of such a wonderful community of people, albeit we are often experiencing the worst experiences that life can throw at us . But we work together and pull together and collate our ideas ( some excellent work by a lot of you ) to help find people and to help find justice for people and victims and to offer our help to families of victims also . Be kind to yourselves and take heed of @Anonymous91 suggestions. Thank you Anonymous 91 for caring not just about the children but also for your fellow WSs.

I keep wondering that myself. Someone in a post yesterday suggested that they react that way at inappropriate times, when nervous, etc. Obviously it isn't helping her any, but my assumption is that whatever she's showing the outside world in looks and in word has as much chance of being fake as real.

MOO
That was me....I haven’t gone back to rewatch the various hearings to see if the smirking is correlated to discussion viewed as negative from her perspective.

This is what I posted in the last thread.

Someone very close to me always smirks at what most people would consider an inappropriate time. After much counseling and reflection he has determined it’s an anxiety response. As a situation is happening, his anxiety, increases and the smirk is revealed. It used to get on my nerves, but now I recognize this as a trigger and try to de-escalate the situation and in turn his responses are more appropriate.

Sometimes I wonder if that’s what’s happening with Lori. I’d have to go back and watch the 3 hearings again to see if there is a smirk pattern correlated to what’s being said.

That is interesting and I cannot work out why she is registered as an heir at that Princeville apartment just from 12th Feb 2020. What is significant about that date?
I don't recognise the names against that address in White Pages either.

ETA according to timeline that was the date of the 2 hour status conference in the Idaho guardianship issue.
I think this is the same date as the lien put against the estate. What I am thinking what might have happened--> The couple finds out CV has died. They call Lori, so Lori finds out about what is in the probate . can she ---just because she is wife--get that data changed to herself??????

I've recently thought she's acting like it just doesn't matter since the endtimes are here in July. She's acting smug, like she knows something the rest of us don't.

She does, she knows where her two innocent children are. She is smug about it, I hope in her next life or the" lives" before this life that her hair changes to snakes , her lips -leaches, her eyes, the window to her soul- the screaming faces of her kids.

Not sure... but she definitely had to go first, for some reason.

Why didn't they both vanish at the same time?

<moo>

My opinion, Tylee by all accounts spoke her mind... She would never be okay with JJ just vanishing, she would become a major thorn in LVs side if she even suspected JJ would be out of her sight... Colby said, he believed Tylee only agreed to go to ID for the sake of JJ... That she would never leave him!

So very sad! MOO.

Someone was looking for where we learned of CD's Hawaiian bank balance . It was USA today. The very last line. Now why the prosecutor was able to discover this, I don't know.
Lori Vallow to be sent back to Idaho; bail confirmed at $5 million

I'm more concerned with how USA Today was able to discover this (assuming they have their facts right). My assumption is that LE got a warrant to find out these things after going before a judge and making the case to do so. I don't remember whether it was said if they bodily searched Chad and Lori when they served the search warrants on them to search their house and car in Hawaii. I'm specifically wondering whether the obvious target of the warrants was just Lori (since they shared the house and car) or both. Also, is the account in Chad's name only or both? Since it was a bank in Hawaii, I'm going to guess both, so the warrant might have been just for Lori's accounts, but they might have also made a case that money in Chad's name only was pertinent since they were married.

MOO

That was me....I haven’t gone back to rewatch the various hearings to see if the smirking is correlated to discussion viewed as negative from her perspective.

This is what I posted in the last thread.

Someone very close to me always smirks at what most people would consider an inappropriate time. After much counseling and reflection he has determined it’s an anxiety response. As a situation is happening, his anxiety, increases and the smirk is revealed. It used to get on my nerves, but now I recognize this as a trigger and try to de-escalate the situation and in turn his responses are more appropriate.

Sometimes I wonder if that’s what’s happening with Lori. I’d have to go back and watch the 3 hearings again to see if there is a smirk pattern correlated to what’s being said.
My observations are that with LVD its quite bit more than a nervous smirk.
But you are on to something. Her body language, mannerisms, facial expressions, speech patterns could reveal patterns identifiable to forensics experts or mental health practitioners.
I havent caught up on all posts... but I would hope some pros weigh in on where these people all fit in the DSM...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PRJ