Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe I saw a photo of a group in Rexburg holding up signs saying "Where are the children?"

My point was simply that this case is major and has generated a lot of strong feelings, and I think they're just trying to avoid chaos and craziness as much as possible.

Or any harm coming to the person in custody. LE do have to be careful that there could be a crazy person who could try to take matters into their own hands MOO.

I really have to thank Gardener1850 for these timelines that answer so very many questions and details in this case.
Timeline Links (Update 7):
Part I (1968 - 2017)
Part II (Dec 2017 - 10 July 2019)
Part III (11 July 2019)
Part IV (12 July 2019 - 30 Nov 2019)
Part V (December 2019)
Part VI (January 2020)
Part VII (February 2020)

I haven't been here for a long time, but have followed this case from the public information.
Amazing to find that almost everything I know is contained in the timeline.
And it's full of small details that I was not aware of.
For example, that the list of unusual deaths is a bit longer and goes further back than most people seem to know.
(Like LVD's sister and mother of MB(Now MP) apparently died of an insulin overdose)

It would be nice if professionals would comment on the patterns and dysfunctions apparent in this timeline.
It's fairly extensive, but of course not the same as a diagnostic Psych evaluation. Their restraint based on ethics is understandable, yet one could comment with such disclaimers.
Social workers have these maps they make (similar to dna + family trees) that show patterns of dysfunction, incarceration, substance abuse, child abuse, etc. It's rather amazing to see how the habits of an uncle or aunt pop up in a niece, nephew or skip a generation, etc. I'm not a SW or PsychD, but I did work with them for a number of years.

Intelligent people who have not lived in isolation can look at what is going on here and have opinions that may be fairly accurate. There are statistical facts that in may cases here on WS which lean towards one theory or another.
LE Profilers build profiles in part based on that kind of information. To me, that's also part of being a sleuth.
Build theories and then see which ones hold water based on the facts.

The KEY thing is that human beings are creatures of habit. There are always patterns.

So the timeline doesn't have every possible detail about these people.
There is a good record of CD's employment history. I actually had to lookup what a cemetery sexton does.
Nothing against the profession, but I can see why in this case it is brought up in the timeline.
There is a kind of morbidity to this case and CD's employment is one of those many things you sort out as coincidence or think there are just too many coincidences here.

What I did not see was a similar tracking of LVD's employment history.
In a video somewhere I recall it being said that she worked in salons (apparently as a stylist).
Since I'm not a SW or Psych professional, please take the following comment with a grain of salt.
I've learned in multiple ways that there are at least 2 professions that harbor dysfunctional (and dangerous women),
sex workers (including dancers), and stylists. These professions are easy to get into, often pay well - mostly in cash, allow transient people with criminal/dysfunctional/mental histories and/or have curious social networks.
Now, I don't mean to imply that there is anything wrong with the vast majority of hair stylists.
It's just that most salon businesses tends to not ask questions or have a lot of requirements.
It's a people business, where chatting people up and making them feel good is the path to bigger tips.

Ok, moving on... Not a lot of people get married 5 times. It's certainly much more common today to find people married 2 or 3 times, but 5? That's not some kind of flag?

There is a pattern with Kauai, why?
Other than the obvious paradise-like beauty, it's expensive (for most people).
I'm a little bit curious how a hairstylist manages find a series of high earning men who bring her to Kauai.
My gut starts to say gold-digger or con-artist, but that's just my gut.

I'm very curious why (with this emerging picture of LVD as a sociopathic narcissistic delusional con) she and CV would adopt a special needs child. To me, it smacks of someone going out of their way to show how righteous they are, how holy they are, how wonderful they are... because they want to look good. In other words, it seems the type of thing (but over the top) that sociopaths do to make others think they are normal great human beings, when the reality is they are just manipulating.

Why was LVD so enamored with CD?
From my objective view, CD appears to be high IQ, mentally ill in multiple ways (including sociopath).
Is it possible from his writings and appealing to vulnerable people's deep seated anxieties, that LVD sensed her "soul mate"? Or is it just some whimsical fantasy where she seduces another dude?
There are a number of cases where one "lover" convinces another to murder a spouse (or even two).
It's also painfully common to see step-parents abuse (or kill) their step-children while the natural parent does nothing to protect them. Back to the timeline - It is disturbing that CD repeatedly prophecized his healthy wife's coming death.

AxC is clearly a bad dude. The timeline demonstrates that he has zero concern for laws (or is experienced in evading them). Just imagine if his shot at BB had not missed! We have BB's survival to thank to reveal "the cult".
I'm very curious what he was doing at the storage unit so many times.
In at least one case he was putting gun cases in.
So he shoots at BB and this same type of description fits with TD being terrorized by a man with what she thought was an empty paintball gun. Is it just me, or does AxC seem to be acting out a video game?
I was really fascinated that even going back a couple of LVD's husbands that AxC tasered JR and served time for it.
It apparently nearly gave JR a heart attack. Wonder who else AxC tasered? I also wonder if a coroner with a HS education can determine if someone was tasered to death?
My big question on AxC is: Why did he have this lifelong obsession of apparently doing the dirty work for his sister?
I'm very curious what their childhood in San Bernardino was like... Some journalists need to go dig that up.
Considering how they were so easily able to have a pool party after shooting CV to death, I'm convinced that wasn't AxC's first kill.

So BB has been the most vocal about "The Cult".
I was surprised to see in the timeline that LVD, AxC and MB/MP(LVD's neice) all had rented apartments in the same Rexburg complex. Also surprised to see that AxC's sudden marriage to ZP in LV was followed by MB's sudden marriage days later also in LV. With these people's chaotic lives spanning several states, I'm trying to understand how they even had time to find someone bereft of any sense to marry them.
Think about this... not only were people dying, being harassed and shot at...
Children were vanishing and yet there were 3 weddings inside of 2 months.
Ok, it's definitely dysfunctional, criminal, and weird... but who exactly is "The Cult".
CD seems to write books based on his mental illness, and that has a following.
And sure there are other people who make money off of the same industry, so they play together... that's not necessarily a Cult.
As far as I can tell, "The Cult" IS what swirls around LVD.
So that's CD, MP, and who else?
Am I missing something here?

Other things that stand out:
Why was LVD constantly checking with LIFE for a school JJ was withdrawn from?
I'm impressed with the speed of how probate and life Insurance companies were contacted and/or paid out.
Surprised that none of the dead were cremated.
Really want to hear more from BB and his PI on why he is certain MP knows where the missing children are.
Seen a number of posts on blogs that people think the children are with other "family" members.
What other family members?
Great food for thought.

I've been wanting to mention Chad's alleged near death experiences. I've read somewhere that there doesn't appear to be any independant corroboration from witnesses for any of them but if he did have such an experience, (see the one below transcribed from his book Living on the Edge of Heaven), I think it's a possibility that he suffered brain injury. There are many studies linking head trauma to sociopathy and/or delusions. Here is one such report -

It shows compelling evidence that lesions in one particular brain network can increase the risk of criminal behavior, what’s technically known as acquired sociopathy.New Study Links Brain Injuries to "Acquired Sociopathy"

...August 1985, I stood on the edge of a 60-foot-high cliff overlooking Flaming Gorge Reservoir in northern Utah. I felt dizzy just looking down in the water, but I knew I needed to jump to impress the other young men from my LDS Church group.

We had started the day by leaping off cliffs that were about 20-feet high. That was fun, but we noticed this particular cliff jutting out over the water. It looked like a natural diving board. My friends and I watched someone else jump from the ledge, and soon we were scrambling up the hillside.

Once we got up there and saw how high it truly was, we were intimidated, but we were also stupid teenagers. My pals finally convinced me to go first.

I had just turned 17 and was heading into my senior year at Springville High School, where I would serve on the Student Council. I had a summer job with the Springville City Parks Department as a maintenance worker, but other than that, life was pretty carefree.

I had experienced some close calls the previous few months, though. I had recently gone on a water-skiing trip to Lake Powell, and while being pulled by the boat, I fell face-first into the water. The tip of one of the skis smacked me in the face and briefly knocked me out. I suffered a deep gash between my nose and upper lip that took 12 stitches to close. I still have that scar, and it has made it impossible for me to ever grow a decent mustache.

[snipped golfing incident]

I shook off my nervousness and took another long look at the blue water below me. Finally I pushed off with my right foot and began my descent. I remember thinking, "This is taking a really long time."

When I finally hit the water, it felt like I had slammed into concrete. A shock went through my entire body and I saw a white flash of light. I felt an audible pop at the base of my skull, and I thought, "Oh no, I broke my neck." I also wondered if I had cut my forehead open, because there was a brief searing pain above my eyes.

I quickly realized something even worse was happeneing - my spirit was partly out of my body!

The best way to describe it is my physical body went deeper into the water than my spirit did. This caused my spirit to pop out through my head, but then it felt like my spirit's knees got stuck in my skull and I didn't make it all the way out.

During those few moments I could see on the other side of the veil I saw an endless white plain in all directions. [snipped further descriptions]

Within seconds, though, my body started to float toward the surface. My spirit quickly reversed course through my head and got sucked back into place. I instantly felt chilled and somewhat paralyzed.

I must have taken a long time getting to the surface, because one of my friends who was standing on the shore had jumped into the water to rescue me. He grabbed hold of me, and we swam to the water's edge. All I said was, "Something snapped when I hit the surface. I'm done for the day."

My entire body was sore for a week, and even then I felt off-kilter, like my body and spirit were disjointed. Sometimes my right eye would just go blind, but if I hit the side of my head with my palm, I could see again. I didn't tell my parents about it. I was an invincible teenager, right? Why bother?

[snipped a lot]

To fulfill my mission in life, I needed a good shot to the head to tear my veil a little, ...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B072PS4DQL/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_hsch_vapi_taft_p1_i0

Incidentally, the bolded parts are just bolded because I found them interesting.

edited to change a word

Last edited by a moderator:
The parents, the parents, the parents. We all really really want to know. They are very strong anti-msm people. And lots of anti-government history in their pasts. But we know so little. Three of their children are dead (one at birth). Of the three still alive, we have Lori, a brother who is seemingly distancing himself from supporting LOri, and the one sister who did come to the custody hearing of Lori's niece, MBP. I just don't think we have much more. In my private desire for justice and payback...I guess I hope that the FBI's involvement might bring the parents back into the picture!!!

Yes, there seems to be a potential for them to be complicit in some long con, between the tax evasion case and the report from CV's sister that LVD wanted to also involve mom in "dealing" with JR.

Can you remember where that information came from? I was trying to find it earlier and remember something about the assumption that $150,000 or so was all he had left. That is a huge assumption though. He could have had more money elsewhere.
It was a copy of his bank statement IIRC.

@VeryVeritas
Great post.

FYI IANA mental professional. o_O
Re: LVDs MO: I notice from reading the first timeline, that when Tylee was a toddler and her marriage to Tylee's dad was on shaky ground about two years after they married, she went on a game show and entered a beauty pageant? Ummm... Young families with toddlers are demanding and tricky, yes, but that screams 'escapist' mentality to me. Don't acknowledge or confront anything negative about yourself or your life, just run away from it.

Also, once she married CV and 'the honeymoon was over' after about a year according to CV's sister, the custody drama got intense and sister became concerned about Lori's mental state. Oh, and that whole stun gun incident! All of the drama is just another way for LVD to escape the reality of family and marriage and kids? Normality, family and security are all just too oppressive and unappealing when you crave so much attention and adoration.

Re: LVD and AxC: initially, maybe they were the black sheep of the family growing up and bonded because they 'got' each other, and it evolved from there. He was obviously her minion for life. Maybe she was the only person who appreciated him growing up, or maybe he was just easy prey. I will stop there. ;)

Re: other family members: I have only been reading here for a week or so but my burning question would be - what is the status of LVDs relationship with her parents?

JMO MOO and a cowface
The parents, the parents, the parents. We all really really want to know. They are very strong anti-msm people. And lots of anti-government history in their pasts. But we know so little. Three of their children are dead (one at birth). Of the three still alive, we have Lori, a brother who is seemingly distancing himself from supporting LOri, and the one sister who did come to the custody hearing of Lori's niece, MBP. I just don't think we have much more. In my private desire for justice and payback...I guess I hope that the FBI's involvement might bring the parents back into the picture!!!
Do we know for sure the four of them only traveled in one car to Yellowstone?

Also, I probably missed this because I haven't been able to read everything here... and can't keep up... but has anyone found out what that truck's vanity plates mean?
We have all had different thoughts opinions. My opinion is that it has something to do with stand up comedy --which he has done. Alex was even on a radio program with his brother Adam, who declares his brother Alex is THE real funny one!! There is a website called Quint that does have a lot of weird stuff on it...but also includes stuff on comedy.

If she is crazy there is no insight because it is not logical. If she is not crazy, well again we can only guess and yours is as good as mine.

Even cases committed by people who are well documented mentally disturbed go to prison.
i know it is hard to go back and study all pages here..... but there are a massive number of analyses of Lori's mental health, possible conditions etc. I would suggest trying to go back around the beginning-mid February to scan through some of our pages. Truly a wealth of reporting from mental health professionals, and plenty of arm-chair "pros" too.... I think we discussed every mental health condition on the books!!!

Not sure about ID, but I remember reading she had been in HI... Maybe that is sufficient. Could also be a non issue since I don't believe her mental health has been questioned in regards to this case?!

An insanity defense would make sense though for her Atnny's because it was questioned in CVs divorce filing.
MOO.
No Insanity Plea in Idaho!!! Thanks goodness.

I agree with everything except that Chad is calculating. I don’t think he or Lori think anything through. If they were calculating, they would have a story by now. Instead, she clams up and he sneaks around avoiding reporters mumbling about the legal process eventually straightening everything out.
I think they have always been calculating... calculating the details of offing partners and children. The best thing they can do now is clam up. I know people keep thinking one will crack. I think they are both narcissistic enough to know they cannot crack. SOMETHING may make one crack...but I haven't seen anything so far ...

From what I understand Idaho has no insanity defense. so I am not sure that this would even be allowed as relevant in front of a jury. Do any lawyers know, how this could affect this case?

MOO

Competency and Insanity defense are two very different things. Verilaw exaplained competency correctly. Insanity is a defense. Competency is a fundamental component of due process. In laymen terms, a defendant has a right to understand the process; that is, have the mental faculties to understand the process, understand the charges, know who the players are, and be able to assist their lawyersin their defense. Insanity is an affirmative defense; one has to have a diagnosed mental defect or illness that prevents them from knowing right from wrong at the time the act is committed (nutshell version).

Great food for thought.

I've been wanting to mention Chad's alleged near death experiences. I've read somewhere that there doesn't appear to be any independant corroboration from witnesses for any of them but if he did have such an experience, (see the one below transcribed from his book Living on the Edge of Heaven), I think it's a possibility that he suffered brain injury. There are many studies linking head trauma to sociopathy and/or delusions. Here is one such report -

New Study Links Brain Injuries to "Acquired Sociopathy"

*snipped and relinked report*

Very interesting study, Tortoise. Wonder if CD has ever had an MRI or CT scan.

With all the precautions being taken by law enforcement for Lori's protection I'm not sure we would even know when (if) she bonds out of the jail until after it's happened. She'll probably have a disguise and a vehicle with blacked out windows.

moo

Sorry , the lady attorney stated that the children have to be missing for a year? It's only been 6 months..could someone please explain? Thanks..

For the charge of abandonment under Idaho law they have to be not supported by her or with her for more than a year from what I recall the lawyer saying in court. So, going by September 8 for Tylee and late September for JJ.

Any opinions on why Christopher Parrett is so sure about Chad and Lori's innocence (his "totally vindicated" message to the AVOW group)? Did Chad tell him that the children were with someone else that CP isn't able to verify? Does he and many others believe Chad in this instance because they find him trustworthy? I find it hard to believe that people would still support C&L if they suspected that the kids were harmed, unless they think murder can be justified within their unorthodox religious belief system.

From March 4: Kim Powell on Twitter

Last edited:
TR was a minor. If this had happened, it would constitute trafficking, wouldn't it?
Indeed, it's known the FLDS sex trafficked their girl children between compounds in SD, CO, BC Canada, the YFZ ranch in TX, and the Short Creek area in AZ/UT - besides many other likely places. Warren Jeff's and about a dozen other of them went to prison in TX for it, Warren in prison for life, in solitary confinement due to his high profile (likely to be harmed in prison) status. Also good to note for future perps, the prisons don't have AC and not much for heat either. If you know the heat and humidity in TX in the summer you can imagine it's near torture. Avenatti has found that out too, they turn the heat on at the MCC in NYC for an hour at 10pm, and then it hits the mid 40's by morning this winter. brrr! Anyways, my wife thought she was sex trafficked as soon as she heard of the story, but didn't say who. That is a new twist I haven't heard verified, that Lori had some connections with FLDS.

I really have to thank Gardener1850 for these timelines that answer so very many questions and details in this case.
Part I (1968 - 2017)
Part III (11 July 2019)
Part V (December 2019)
Part VI (January 2020)
Part VII (February 2020)

I haven't been here for a long time, but have followed this case from the public information.
For example, that the list of unusual deaths is a bit longer and goes further back than most people seem to know.
(Like LVD's sister and mother of MB(Now MP) apparently died of an insulin overdose)

It would be nice if professionals would comment on the patterns and dysfunctions apparent in this timeline.
It's fairly extensive, but of course not the same as a diagnostic Psych evaluation. Their restraint based on ethics is understandable, yet one could comment with such disclaimers.
Social workers have these maps they make (similar to dna + family trees) that show patterns of dysfunction, incarceration, substance abuse, child abuse, etc. It's rather amazing to see how the habits of an uncle or aunt pop up in a niece, nephew or skip a generation, etc. I'm not a SW or PsychD, but I did work with them for a number of years.

Intelligent people who have not lived in isolation can look at what is going on here and have opinions that may be fairly accurate. There are statistical facts that in may cases here on WS which lean towards one theory or another.
LE Profilers build profiles in part based on that kind of information. To me, that's also part of being a sleuth.

The KEY thing is that human beings are creatures of habit. There are always patterns.

There is a good record of CD's employment history. I actually had to lookup what a cemetery sexton does.
Nothing against the profession, but I can see why in this case it is brought up in the timeline.
There is a kind of morbidity to this case and CD's employment is one of those many things you sort out as coincidence or think there are just too many coincidences here.

In a video somewhere I recall it being said that she worked in salons (apparently as a stylist).
Since I'm not a SW or Psych professional, please take the following comment with a grain of salt.
I've learned in multiple ways that there are at least 2 professions that harbor dysfunctional (and dangerous women),
sex workers (including dancers), and stylists. These professions are easy to get into, often pay well - mostly in cash, allow transient people with criminal/dysfunctional/mental histories and/or have curious social networks.
Now, I don't mean to imply that there is anything wrong with the vast majority of hair stylists.
It's just that most salon businesses tends to not ask questions or have a lot of requirements.
It's a people business, where chatting people up and making them feel good is the path to bigger tips.

Ok, moving on... Not a lot of people get married 5 times. It's certainly much more common today to find people married 2 or 3 times, but 5? That's not some kind of flag?

I'm a little bit curious how a hairstylist manages find a series of high earning men who bring her to Kauai.

I'm very curious why (with this emerging picture of LVD as a sociopathic narcissistic delusional con) she and CV would adopt a special needs child. To me, it smacks of someone going out of their way to show how righteous they are, how holy they are, how wonderful they are... because they want to look good. In other words, it seems the type of thing (but over the top) that sociopaths do to make others think they are normal great human beings, when the reality is they are just manipulating.

From my objective view, CD appears to be high IQ, mentally ill in multiple ways (including sociopath).
Is it possible from his writings and appealing to vulnerable people's deep seated anxieties, that LVD sensed her "soul mate"? Or is it just some whimsical fantasy where she seduces another dude?
There are a number of cases where one "lover" convinces another to murder a spouse (or even two).
It's also painfully common to see step-parents abuse (or kill) their step-children while the natural parent does nothing to protect them. Back to the timeline - It is disturbing that CD repeatedly prophecized his healthy wife's coming death.

AxC is clearly a bad dude. The timeline demonstrates that he has zero concern for laws (or is experienced in evading them). Just imagine if his shot at BB had not missed! We have BB's survival to thank to reveal "the cult".
So he shoots at BB and this same type of description fits with TD being terrorized by a man with what she thought was an empty paintball gun. Is it just me, or does AxC seem to be acting out a video game?
I was really fascinated that even going back a couple of LVD's husbands that AxC tasered JR and served time for it.
It apparently nearly gave JR a heart attack. Wonder who else AxC tasered? I also wonder if a coroner with a HS education can determine if someone was tasered to death?
My big question on AxC is: Why did he have this lifelong obsession of apparently doing the dirty work for his sister?
I'm very curious what their childhood in San Bernardino was like... Some journalists need to go dig that up.
Considering how they were so easily able to have a pool party after shooting CV to death, I'm convinced that wasn't AxC's first kill.

I was surprised to see in the timeline that LVD, AxC and MB/MP(LVD's neice) all had rented apartments in the same Rexburg complex. Also surprised to see that AxC's sudden marriage to ZP in LV was followed by MB's sudden marriage days later also in LV. With these people's chaotic lives spanning several states, I'm trying to understand how they even had time to find someone bereft of any sense to marry them.
Ok, it's definitely dysfunctional, criminal, and weird... but who exactly is "The Cult".
And sure there are other people who make money off of the same industry, so they play together... that's not necessarily a Cult.

I'm impressed with the speed of how probate and life Insurance companies were contacted and/or paid out.
Really want to hear more from BB and his PI on why he is certain MP knows where the missing children are.
Seen a number of posts on blogs that people think the children are with other "family" members.

Excellent post! There is too much to analyze in this right now; and really does require a psychological expert or an FBI behavioral scientist. (Which I'm HOPEFUL the FBI has deployed on this case).

rexburg-alex-cox-tylee-ryan-jj-vallow-030520.jpg

I inserted this photo above directly from the FBI website. I truly believe the photo has been cropped on the right side (Alex side) and also perhaps the top, if you click on the photo, you can see a slim white border on the bottom and the left side, but it is absent from the right, and the top.

I can't find the post right now, but someone upstream also mentioned they think there was someone to Alex's left (perhaps talking with that person) whose identity we don't know...yet.

It may be that there was a fifth person at Yellowstone that day. Someone who left with Tylee.

Another thing that bugs me about the photo above. It doesn't look posed at all. And it's weird for a candid shot. The focus of the photographer does seem to be Tylee. She's the only one looking at the camera. Is this or was this supposed to be some "proof of life" photo for use at a later date?

Part I (1968 - 2017)
Part III (11 July 2019)
Part V (December 2019)
Part VI (January 2020)
Part VII (February 2020)

Excellent post! There is too much to analyze in this right now; and really does require a psychological expert or an FBI behavioral scientist. (Which I'm HOPEFUL the FBI has deployed on this case).
Is this how her attorney sees this case?

Does anyone know the content of what was being said when this photo was snapped?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member