IN - Grandfather charged in cruise ship death of toddler Chloe Wiegand #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM

What actions have the other two sets of grandparents done exactly to "bring this on themselves"? None, as far as I am aware. There have been no posts or interviews or anything from them. No public appearances or attempts to defend the family on social media. Nothing that says they support any of this circus or the reckless actions of SA that caused the death of Chole. Radio silence. And again, as I had stated before, we have no idea what actions or even whereabouts the one pair of grandparents on that ship at the time of the incident up until they arrived in the ship's clinic with the brother, per the ships doctor. So please, if you have documents or facts that show that these otherwise uninvolved grandparents have done anything to warrant the same amount of scorn as SA and KW/AW I would love to see it.
I actually agree with you on the other set of GP's, I believe AW's parents ? Was that not the only other GP's besides KW's mom and SA ?

And very much thanks for the civil document info.

I actually agree with you on the other set of GP's, I believe AW's parents ? Was that not the only other GP's besides KW's mom and SA ?

And very much thanks for the civil document info.

KW’s mom was at press conference in SB with MW. It’s the grandparents from PA, AW’s parents that are radio silence. Appearance silence. Poor people. Innocent of any wrongdoing.

KW’s mom was at press conference in SB with MW. It’s the grandparents from PA, AW’s parents that are radio silence. Appearance silence. Poor people. Innocent of any wrongdoing.

I just do not know why AW's parents are not speaking up for Chloe's life. Being silent makes me wonder if they are also supportive of SA and the legal battle with RCCL that their son and daughter are pursuing. Chloe is no longer in their lives because of SA's actions. Is this the grandparent that is the eye doctor? Not sure, if it is, did they come up with SA being color blind. All of this is JMO.

Wow, these bitter enemies can actually agree on something. Maybe a settlement is in the works??
I sincerely doubt RCL will settle on this lawsuit. Not after they re-filed the motion to dismiss AND made a strong reply in further support of their re-filed motion following the plaintiff’s rebuttal. I just do not see it happening.

Wow, these bitter enemies can actually agree on something. Maybe a settlement is in the works??

Bbm. It seems the filing of a joint status report is a requirement for both parties by the court. I don’t think it has anything to do with a possible settlement.

Within this Notice, the Court required the Parties to file a Joint Status Report at 5:00pm the Friday prior to the Telephonic Status Conference scheduled for March 11, 2020.”.

I sincerely doubt RCL will settle on this lawsuit. Not after they re-filed the motion to dismiss AND made a strong reply in further support of their re-filed motion following the plaintiff’s rebuttal. I just do not see it happening.
I had a thought, KSW and AW attorney ,Winkleman said Anello’s proposed guilty plea in Chloe’s death would have “little or no effect at all on the civil lawsuit,” noting that Anello is not a party to that case“He’s not a party to that case and therefore it is not relevant,” Winkleman said.
So if Anello pleads guilty he is admitting that it is his actions that caused Chloe's death and NOT RCL.
Couldn't RCL use the fact both KSW and AW refused to give witness statements , that their claim was they were not there to witness how Chloe died.
KSW an AW filed this civil suit based on the narrative relayed to them by SA, the now admitted guilty party of Chloe's death.
In essence a cruise ship is surrounded by railings, the railings are the spoken and unspoken warning that there is a hazard beyond these railings.
SA chose to place Chloe beyond the railing, beyond the point of safety., costing Chloe her life.

BBM

What actions have the other two sets of grandparents done exactly to "bring this on themselves"? None, as far as I am aware. There have been no posts or interviews or anything from them. No public appearances or attempts to defend the family on social media. Nothing that says they support any of this circus or the reckless actions of SA that caused the death of Chole. Radio silence. And again, as I had stated before, we have no idea what actions or even whereabouts the one pair of grandparents on that ship at the time of the incident up until they arrived in the ship's clinic with the brother, per the ships doctor. So please, if you have documents or facts that show that these otherwise uninvolved grandparents have done anything to warrant the same amount of scorn as SA and KW/AW I would love to see it.

18 month old Chloe Wiegand is the deceased victim here. I consider her brother a victim also; it is my hope and prayer that he is receiving the support and care he needs so this whole situation does not muck up his head for the rest of his life.

By their actions, JMO, KSW, AW, SA and PA have invited attention, scrutiny and, yes, suspicions upon them.

KSW and AW’s public unwavering support of the man who killed their daughter who would never, ever do anything to hurt their children. It’s all the big bad ship’s fault. And don’t ever forget that their suit is seeking claims for little Chloe’s future earnings along with everything else.

So much discussion on SA already.

PA, well, it appears she’s standing behind her man by sitting beside him at that December press conference. Nothing has been reported in the news they are separated or divorcing.

I consider AW’s parents tainted at this point. Yes, I do feel a bit sorry for them as among the collateral damage of SA’s killing Chloe and recognize and acknowledge they are in a proverbial “stuck between a rock and a hard place” situation. However, radio silence on what happened is a double edged sword.

But Chloe, the innocent victim, is dead; to me, her brother is also innocent victim. The only explanation given is that the ship and RCCL are at fault and responsible.

KSW and MW’s apparent efforts to try to win in the public court of opinion does invite closer scrutiny. And, please note, I find it significant that they have never, ever (as far as I know) given the public a brief but succinct summary of events. KSW and MW want attention. Well, they have it. But be careful for you wish for, folks.

Chloe and her brother are the real victims here. As for the adults, to me, what remains is who are (for lack of a better term, probably a better phrase but I couldn’t think of one) basically accessories/enablers after the fact by their denials and refusals to consider other evidence (the video) and who is collateral damage.

Just. My Thoughts. and Opinions.

Edit: change “accessories” to “accessories/enablers”

Last edited:
18 month old Chloe Wiegand is the deceased victim here. I consider her brother a victim also; it is my hope and prayer that he is receiving the support and care he needs so this whole situation does not muck up his head for the rest of his life.

By their actions, JMO, KSW, AW, SA and PA have invited attention, scrutiny and, yes, suspicions upon them.

KSW and AW’s public unwavering support of the man who killed their daughter who would never, ever do anything to hurt their children. It’s all the big bad ship’s fault. And don’t ever forget that their suit is seeking claims for little Chloe’s future earnings along with everything else.

PA, well, it appears she’s standing behind her man by sitting beside him at that December press conference. Nothing has been reported in the news they are separated or divorcing.

I consider AW’s parents tainted at this point. Yes, I do feel a bit sorry for them as among the collateral damage of SA’s killing Chloe and recognize and acknowledge they are in a proverbial “stuck between a rock and a hard place” situation. However, radio silence on what happened is a double edged sword.

But Chloe, the innocent victim, is dead; to me, her brother is also innocent victim. The only explanation given is that the ship and RCCL are at fault and responsible.

KSW and MW’s apparent efforts to try to win in the public court of opinion does invite closer scrutiny. And, please note, I find it significant that they have never, ever (as far as I know) given the public a brief but succinct summary of events. KSW and MW want attention. Well, they have it. But be careful for you wish for, folks.

Chloe and her brother are the real victims here. As for the adults, to me, what remains is who are (for lack of a better term, probably a better phrase but I couldn’t think of one) basically accessories/enablers after the fact by their denials and refusals to consider other evidence (the video) and who is collateral damage.

Just. My Thoughts. and Opinions.

Edit: change “accessories” to “accessories/enablers”

thank you. I tried to express this in my post, but not as well. I agree that my sympathy is with Chloe’s brother as far as members of the family and extended family go. Being silent by the other grandparents makes me feel as though they are supporting KW and AW in the lawsuit. I would feel differently if they would have issued a statement saying they don’t support the lawsuit. SA is the reason Chloe is no longer here, but they say nothing. This lawsuit must be very important to all concerned that no one in the extended family will speak out about SA’s actions resulting in little Chloe’s death. JMO

Snipped for brevity.

So long story short, we are in agreement on this part.

But again WHY are they tainted is the remaining question? For all that we know the reason they have been silent is that they know they had the very real possibility of being subpoenaed, either for by the defense or the prosecution. Possibly for either or both cases since they'd been traveling with the others and could testify about peoples whereabouts and if they'd been drinking or not. Maybe that's part of why SA finally decided to take the plea, because the other grandparents who were there on the ship put their foot down and said they weren't going to lie to the court if they were called upon and try to defend SA's actions.

But we have no evidence either way and if the cases are dismissed we won't know because we probably won't ever hear from them and on this, and now I'm speculating just as much as anyone else is. That's all we have about them, speculation. And at least, IMO, speculating about people who have done no attention-seeking and seem to be trying to distance themselves as much as possible without alienating their last surviving grandson doesn't really do much but give KW fuel for her claims about "our family is being attacked". IMO it doesn't add anything to the conversation to speculate about uninvolved family members until evidence comes out and they become involved.

thank you. I tried to express this in my post, but not as well. I agree that my sympathy is with Chloe’s brother as far as members of the family and extended family go. Being silent by the other grandparents makes me feel as though they are supporting KW and AW in the lawsuit. I would feel differently if they would have issued a statement saying they don’t support the lawsuit. SA is the reason Chloe is no longer here, but they say nothing. This lawsuit must be very important to all concerned that no one in the extended family will speak out about SA’s actions resulting in little Chloe’s death. JMO

Why? Why should mourning grandparents have to put their grief on public display to prove their love for a baby that died because of another reckless family member? Why should they publicly have to risk their chance of having a continuing relationship with their remaining grandson, who is possibly quite traumatized by all this, by alienating his parents with a public statement so they stop speaking to them and refuse contact just to make outsiders happy?

This is the kind of thing that tears a family apart and builds deep rifts. SA already killed one baby, if I was in their position I sure as hell wouldn't trust him to be the only grandfather having contact with the surviving child. And if by keeping my mouth shut and staying as far away from publicity and any of the court stuff at least I can make sure that the last one is so far safe and hopefully getting the support/attention he needs. Maybe they were/are saving their words for the court in case they were/are called to testify but we honestly don't know if the cases don't progress.

People keep saying the Wiegand's need to drop this publicity and lawsuit and go grieve in private but the family members who are doing just that are now suspect? The other two sets of grandparents don't owe anything to anyone publicly and the fact that they haven't said one word of support unlike other family members says to me they want nothing to do with this.

Being silent by the other grandparents makes me feel as though they are supporting KW and AW in the lawsuit. I would feel differently if they would have issued a statement saying they don’t support the lawsuit. SA is the reason Chloe is no longer here, but they say nothing.

At this point in time, I am trying to give AW’s parents some benefit of the doubt by referring to them as part of the collateral damage. They are very likely in a no-win situation as long as AW is married to KSW since she comes across to me as the driving force behind supporting AS and the legal matters. It seems to me that they would most likely risk alienation from Chloe’s parents if they did not maintain radio silence. It may be they are more concerned about AW to risk it.

They would not even have to make a formal statement. Comments here and there such as “we have such mixed feelings about what happened” would speak volumes.

Nevertheless, to me and JMO, their presence in the immediate aftermath and since taints them by association.

Just. My. Thoughts. and Opinions.

IMO the other grandparents might be biting their tongue to keep from causing a big public blow up and adding fuel to the obvious sentiment against the family's lawsuit. When family members turn against each other, it often times results in tearing them apart and I don't think anyone of the grandparents want to lose being close to their grandson. There could be quite a bit said in private. Or simply not talking with some of the family.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member