Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am thankful to have a forum to share ideas about cases like this and to read other ideas because having an open mind and being open to other interpretations is what solving crimes is all about...along with all the other physical evidence.
Me too :D
There is so much to learn from the collective wisdom on this forum.

** Warning, the contents of this post may be disturbing.

@Angels27 The thought is horrifying, but justice for Gannon includes facing the brutal reality of what he endured.

Attached are images of a person on a mission and carrying a soft rifle case. Many avid hunters prefer soft cases and usually slide them behind the front seat in their truck. Search a large shopping site for 'soft rifle case', the average length is only 3.5 ft.

Also attached is an image of a mounted buck head indicating the home of a hunter. Maybe a relative, but given that AS was also military, he had guns. AS can attest to one missing, and LE can determine if it was recently fired. The PC gave no doubt that GS was dead.

A gun offers the perp distance to commit their crime. It minimizes blood splatter as well as the chance of acquiring defense wounds.

Surveillance video may show Gannon Stauch leaving with stepmom - KRDO

I disagree with the theory that Tee is carrying a long rifle case. In fact in the photos you attached, gun case 5 jpg, you can see that it looks more like a handbag with two straps.

When I rewatched the footage, both in full motion and slowed down, what I see is very different. I see Tee walking, with a backpack on her back, and a hand bag tucked under her arm. As she gets closer to the red truck, she lets it drop down and it even swings back and forth a little, appearing behind her back leg.

While I can see why people initially see one long bag, like a guitar case or rifle case (especially in still shots), if you watch the full motion of her walk to the truck, it changes to two by the time she reaches it.

I didn't do a very good job at getting screenshots because they are darker when taken from a paused YouTube clip. But see attached. Or look at the 5th picture Sleuthbee attached in his/her original comment.

Screenshot_20200309-114712.png

Screenshot_20200309-114730.png

Screenshot_20200309-114801.png

Screenshot_20200309-114935.png

I will see if I can get a better zoomed in shot of where I think it's more clearly a handbag with straps.

The most damning thing was the electronic evidence.

This genius traveled with his victim’s cell phone, and communicated with her phone while both phones were in the same place (he was trying to sell the narrative that Kelsey was alive, and back home at her house).

Many of his movements were tracked, and they clashed heavily with what he told law enforcement.

The phone evidence was so compelling that the defense didn’t even bother trying to refute it.
Lol pf and genius in the same sentence.but ya know I don’t even think the step is as smart as pf . That’s why I think they will find gannon she just isn’t that smart she was probably in a panic .

I'm a reasonable man and I have my "reasonable" theories of what transpired in the last days of January. MassGuy and many others have provide exceptional insight and analysis of what could have "possibly" happened that led to Gannon's death. It's weird...when you concentrate or follow something and are committed your mind takes over and it spills into your dreams...I am sure we have all had dreams about work etc...well, last night I truly did have a dream about them finding Gannon. I think it will happen soon...I really do. There is just too much tech stuff these day's for them to not find him...even if it's in a landfill or something. With all this said...like or not...I do not for a minute think LS planned to kill him rather than I think it got out of hand and she saw no way out other than to cover her A%$# by making up those incredibly entertaining pre-splains of what happened and where she went. They (LE) will find Gannon and bring him home soon...that I am sure. I am thankful to have a forum to share ideas about cases like this and to read other ideas because having an open mind and being open to other interpretations is what solving crimes is all about...along with all the other physical evidence. No one really knows nor can comprehend what would compel a MOTHER (yes LS was one) to harm a child...boggles the mind. LS will receive justice, that I am sure. Thanks for indulging my pontification.
My dream of Gannon did not include water so if true he is on land, slightly hidden but waiting to be found. Thank you for your post!

Lol pf and genius in the same sentence.but ya know I don’t even think the step is as smart as pf . That’s why I think they will find gannon she just isn’t that smart she was probably in a panic .
Yeah. Frazee’s crime was premeditated all the way, and he thought it through to the best of his ability. He actually uttered the words “no body, no crime” to a friend of his.

He had time to plan, and time to dispose of Kelsey’s body so that it would never be found. Unfortunately for him, he was about as dumb as it gets, and he almost single handedly dug his own grave.

Here we have premeditation, but not a great deal of time to plan. TS also didn’t have the benefit of a great deal of time, and was battling the clock. Doing much of this in broad daylight, also didn’t help her cause.

She’s every bit as smart as Frazee, which is to say she’s as dumb as a box of rocks.

For those reasons, I think Gannon will be found in the near future. She made mistakes, and she’s her own worst enemy.

In the off chance Gannon’s body isn’t recovered before trial, she’s still going down.

@NCWatcher , I read something similar. Apparently it is a busy tourist site. At this point, it is easier for me to believe TS's mention of Garden of the Gods was nothing but a red herring. If only she could be also charged for wasting LE's valuable time. :mad:
Yes it's very busy there. When we have gone every rock structure has numerous people wanting to walk up and take pictures and the roads throughout the Garden of the Gods Park are full of traffic. Now would it have been that busy in January? I'm not sure.

Well, there's hurt and there's hurt. No matter what happened during the road trip, I expect the officer would have been treated for any injury, even if it was a scratch. Plus later reports said TS was also treated. So I don't think we really know the extent of injuries for either person.
JMO
This. They will send an officer for medical if attacked, simply to document.

Here are some ways that Ms Stauch may have screwed up:

• Videoing various of her activities (and Gannon's) at times near to when he disappeared
  • Loading things into the truck while on neighbors' cameras (plural, MOO)
  • Appearing on various cameras in the area where the searches are taking place
  • Throwing evidence out of her truck/car, things with DNA on them (blood evidence included)
  • Admitting to a reporter that she threw things out of the truck, one of which was bloody wood
  • Somehow getting a quantity of Gannon's blood in the home
  • Making an urgent call to have the home cleaned or otherwise returned to its state of cleanliness (so that AS wouldn't notice)
  • Making a missing poster with erroneous information about Gannon
  • Renting a car for spurious reasons when Gannon had only been missing for 12 hours
  • Transporting a body in one or more vehicles
  • Lying to AS in text messages and phone calls
  • Wearing her Apple Watch all day on Monday
  • Involving her 17 year old daughter in her alibi
  • Being abusive to Gannon in front of witnesses
  • Taunting of Gannon's family on SM
  • Leaving the state soon after Gannon disappeared
  • Not realizing that rental cars have geotrackers on them for just such cases as these
  • Not realizing that GPS on the AppleWatch isn't disabled by leaving the phone at home
  • Lying to police about Gannon running away (about him being at home between 2 and 3:15)
  • Evidence of body fluids/blood in at least one vehicle
  • Prior suspicion of abuse by school system likely
  • A past history of vengeful behavior and threats to AS and possibly LH
  • Ceasing to cooperate with police (interviews) early on in the investigation (probably Day 2)
  • Injuries to her hands
I'm sure there's more. This is just my list of reasonably expected outcomes when we see the arrest warrant. I think there will be dozens of objects with either blood or DNA on them. I suspect there will be cadaverine and other components of decomp found on her clothing, perhaps in the laundry, or maybe in the vehicles.
I apologize, there is no way I can keep up with the threads, so I may have missed this...but do we know there were I juries to her hands?

Message to "whom it may concern" : Spring is Coming

The snow is melting and looks like sunshine all week and then rain on Friday.

Weather

Monday
wx_66.png

Hi: 58° Lo: 33°

Tuesday
Hi: 63° Lo: 33°

Wednesday
Hi: 67° Lo: 34°

Thursday
wx_66.png

Hi: 61° Lo: 38°
Friday
wx_79.png

Hi: 37° Lo: 32°

Saturday
wx_69.png

Hi: 48° Lo: 29°

Temperature tied for record high Sunday in Colorado Springs - KRDO

March 8, 2020
"Colorado Springs tied the record high today when the temperature hit 70 degrees at 2:41 PM MDT. This record was set in 1955. "

Last edited:
I really hope she was stupid enough to use a credit/debit card somewhere but I do have to admit that after seeing all the true crime groups she was in on fb,there is a small part of me that would be disappointed in her for such an amateurish mistake:rolleyes:, you know,on top of all the other stupid amateurish mistakes like being caught on camera literally at the first hurdle,changing her story more than her knickers (yes,ok that was unfair,we all know she was forced to leave her knickers behind!) Etc:oops:

I honestly don't know how the DA will approach the issue of all her changing stories. PD unlikely to put her onto the stand. But I bet AS will make a compelling witness, as he was the one lied to most.

There's a part of me that wonders if she has any idea of how much evidence can be found in blood. Her offhand, "Oh, well, there's always lots of blood around a house. Nosebleeds." is so flippant (nose blood is easy to distinguish from other kinds of blood, but she appears to include AS's blood from him "chopping his finger off" as part of what LE might find and which she can easily explain.

A 5-6" blood stain somewhere in Gannon's room, if it's Gannon's blood, will be very hard to explain away. I think they'll find his blood on the 2x4 and on some tools from the garage ("tools" might include some pretty weapon-like items).

Oddly, if she wasn't responsible for his death, she could very likely have done what she's done in the past and plead down to misdemeanor child abuse, even if she injured him in a fit of pique. But now, she's lied to various parties and assaulted a police officer and done away with Gannon. I doubt she's ever had to face up to any music like what she's facing today, with no devices, all by herself, in jail.

Yeah. Frazee’s crime was premeditated all the way, and he thought it through to the best of his ability. He actually uttered the words “no body, no crime” to a friend of his.

He had time to plan, and time to dispose of Kelsey’s body so that it would never be found. Unfortunately for him, he was about as dumb as it gets, and he almost single handedly dug his own grave.

Here we have premeditation, but not a great deal of time to plan. TS also didn’t have the benefit of a great deal of time, and was battling the clock. Doing much of this in broad daylight, also didn’t help her cause.

She’s every bit as smart as Frazee, which is to say she’s as dumb as a box of rocks.

For those reasons, I think Gannon will be found in the near future. She made mistakes, and she’s her own worst enemy.

In the off chance Gannon’s body isn’t recovered before trial, she’s still going down.
Mass, Tushay!!!!!!!!!

I wouldn’t be surprised either. Keep reminding myself that every time there’s is a period of silence LE shows me just how busy they have been behind the scenes.

This is literally the only thing keeping me going right now (related to Gannon), believing that things have to be happening behind the scenes. They wouldn’t just let all this time pass without working to bring him home...

I think she brought it up for two reasons:

It was true.

It shut down the people saying she killed him during that hike.

Her argument was basically “I can prove I didn’t kill him in GOTG, and if I didn’t kill him in GOTG, I am innocent.”

That’s not how it works TS.
Gannon is my hero! My problem has always been this: the kids looked happy, and in the poster px, I thought Gannon looked happy, even if she did look evil and calculating, was photo taken to send msg to AS? Between evil eyes and duck lips, it seemed a warning to me, not a reassurance. DID she plan on accident in GoG? Even stupid wicked step mother (SEWS) has to realize how cruel she looks? MOO AOQ Given her overinflated sense of her IQ, she DID think she looked good.

I didn't do a very good job at getting screenshots because they are darker when taken from a paused YouTube clip. But see attached. Or look at the 5th picture Sleuthbee attached in his/her original comment.
@ZoriahNZ I don't need to be right, and I don't know everything either. Hence, the reason I enjoy an open mind ;)

That said, I think you did a great job with the screenshots because the last 3 raise a doubt in my mind. But still concerning are the frames before the Xfinity logo (what a bugger). I wish I had better software.

I'd like to just shake her! :mad:

Seems like it could on a highway at 60 or 70 miles

an hour and it would most likely land in the car following or on the highway. Not likely to be in the woods along side the road.
This was a side road and it is hard to see how there would have been enough speed to lift a 2x4 out of a truck bed and blow it into the woods.
Plus, how would a small sock blow into the same area, seems it would have been blown out well before a heavier board, anyway that is MOO MOO MOO

Good points Rosie. How far from their house were they found? And who found them? Was it searchers or someone by accident?

Tee_bag.png

Here is the zoomed in screenshot that I promised. Hopefully you can see why I disagree with it being a rifle case that Tee is carrying. For me it's especially clear when watching the clip in full motion. This was taken at the 0.05 - 0.06 sec mark. In case you want to check for yourself on the KRDO clip.

Surveillance video may show Gannon Stauch leaving with stepmom - KRDO

No probs @SleuthBee, I wish I had better software too. But we are working with a not so good cellphone recording of the footage and I would presume the original is a lot clearer.

I have heard the same thing.
It's way too busy to do something that nefarious in that particular place.
What I DO think.. is that it is a place NOT far from there that would NOT draw as many people.
I think he was left in a ravine or water.
If water, weighted down..
How could she push/pull dead weight? ( I apologize if that sounds insensitive)
With the help of a saucer shaped sled and rope..
Those are the sleds we use for the kids to have fun in during the winter time.
And they are super easy to navigate people weighing the same or about the same as Gannon.

EBM

That's a very interesting thought, and more so since she mentioned that she put some sports items into the back of the truck with the intention of taking the stuff to the used sports equipment store.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member