Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
Entirely possible. I just can't calculate why the darned rental car tho.

My first guess is that she indeed made him walk (and had probably done similar things in the past). Then she told him he had to stay where he was, he was already weak and compromised. She told him she'd come back later when he had had time to think about all the horrible things he'd done (that she had probably done herself).

This is all just my imagination, but it would account for her wanting to go back the next day to check on him, this time without her Apple watch (but without realizing the rental car had geotags). She may have even gone back more than once, shoveling snow to hide the body, grabbing things she thought of as "evidence" to dispose of along the way.

I do believe that a piece of wood with Gannon's blood and TS's DNA on it will be a very useful piece of evidence in the upcoming trial. But I think they'll find his body soon.
Now look back at what she said originally.
Compare that to your post.

"How the hell is the house a crime scene if he left and didn’t come back with me supposedly? They are saying there is a crime scene with all this blood in the house, which they let people live in during the supposed crime scene for 7 plus days….but then a video shows him leaving with me walking."

Here is the essence of her comment:

"How the hell is the house a crime scene if he left and didn’t come back, then, a video shows him leaving with me walking."

She did everything possible to "remove" him from the home so as to keep it free and clear of being a crime scene. She didn't want him dying there.

She did everything, yet, Dan May ended up there.

Hi all. I have tried to catch up/keep up with these threads but having not seen this suggested thus far, I feel I need to ask you all this question. Has anyone considered the possibility that LS didn't use all of that petrol/gas in the rental car to *drive* a long distance [or pretend to do so to deceive anyone who might be tracking her] but as an *accelerant* to *burn* evidence, perhaps nearer to home?
Possibly graphic Gannon is my hero!
We do NOT “like” this post... Unfortunately, I am knowledgeable on this, it takes a lot longer to burn a body than most killers realize, high temp to completely destroy bones, teeth; snow out there would be factor in maintaining temp; most fires are conspicuous, gas fumes linger on clothes... research the Lyon sisters, there is a distinctive odor, one you have never smelled, but you recognize...gruesome! I could definitely see an attempt at this, not enough to disappear him

Assume Gannon left with tee and did not come back and assume she killed him during that 4 hour window.

That would mean she did it in broad daylight. So, she'd HAVE to have cover of some kind.

So, she either drove to a remote spot known to her and did it.
Or she killed him in the truck, and hid him somewhere.
Or she had the cover of trees in a country setting where she'd not be seen.

I can't see her putting his body in a creek along the road, or a culvert, or a lake, or even a dumpster. Remember, it's daytime, like, the MIDDLE of the day. Too much risk along a traveled road.

I think she drove off a main road, up a farm field path, in to a wooded area, or up a dirt road that leads in to the mountains.

She drove somewhere FAMILIAR to HER. Somewhere she'd been before. Somewhere she KNEW would be secluded enough to hide his body.

Now assume she moved his body.

She STILL had to access a remote spot, that provided enough cover to kill him without being seen, then return to move his body elsewhere, somewhere more remote. This theory could provide her with cover of darkness, but she'd also be working in the dark, where she had previously left him, likely needing lighting of some kind, headlights on, or flashlight.

This all sounds too risky, too cumbersome to me. Unless she returned to get his body and move it during daylight hours. But, it still involves quite a task, and one that would be risky.

LE appears confident Gannon is dead. So, they have a body part, or some other matter, or definitive proof of some kind, that he is dead. That proof came from where?

One of the search sites? IF YES, then I believe she would have had to leave evidence of his murder at that scene prior to moving him elsewhere. I just don't think Gannon's body is at or near a site that's been searched, as I feel it would have been found.

In the truck? Possibly, killed him in the truck. Dumped him in a remote location. All in that 4 hour window. Proof of his death in the truck, no body yet found, search sites all providing evidence discarded after the murder.
Making good sense.
I'm sure they checked out all abandoned and inhabited properties already.
If you subtract 2 hrs travelling time, whatever time she spent in various stores, shopping, it could be less than an hour she had to complete her task, including getting rid of evidence.. there might not have been much evidence, just a weapon, burner phones, hard drives, but she could have dumped those any time.
I AGREE it was a place she knew.
Prob is there is no way to know which places she visited.. AS would have advised LE of any she visited with him. He was not there when they checked them out.
I did scrutinize her fb a/c while it was open, I found absolutely nothing of consequence. But she had many.
I wonder who her friends were, whether she had a boyfriend, whether she was a member of any nefarious organisation or club?

What contacts did she have in the locality or close that she kept from her husband?

MOO, she could have hidden him first somewhere quick and easy, and then later moved him to somewhere less likely to be discovered.
Yes. But what gets me is that everything else (minus the Apple Watch) seemed so calculated (e.g. her answers to almost every possible question/scenario) yet she didn’t think of where to hide his body until after the fact?

Hi all. I have tried to catch up/keep up with these threads but having not seen this suggested thus far, I feel I need to ask you all this question. Has anyone considered the possibility that LS didn't use all of that petrol/gas in the rental car to *drive* a long distance [or pretend to do so to deceive anyone who might be tracking her] but as an *accelerant* to *burn* evidence, perhaps nearer to home?
Possibly graphic Gannon is my hero!
We do NOT “like” this post... Unfortunately, I am knowledgeable on this, it takes a lot longer to burn a body than most killers realize, high temp to completely destroy bones, teeth; snow out there would be factor in maintaining temp; most fires are conspicuous, gas fumes linger on clothes... research the Lyon sisters, there is a distinctive odor, one you have never smelled, but you recognize...gruesome! I could definitely see an attempt at this, not enough to disappear him
Now look back at what she said originally.
Compare that to your post.

"How the hell is the house a crime scene if he left and didn’t come back with me supposedly? They are saying there is a crime scene with all this blood in the house, which they let people live in during the supposed crime scene for 7 plus days….but then a video shows him leaving with me walking."

Here is the essence of her comment:

"How the hell is the house a crime scene if he left and didn’t come back, then, a video shows him leaving with me walking."

She did everything possible to "remove" him from the home so as to keep it free and clear of being a crime scene. She didn't want him dying there.

She did everything, yet, Dan May ended up there.
Gannon is my Hero!
I am almost sure she is actually telling the truth here...just not his final resting placeMOO

Making good sense.
I'm sure they checked out all abandoned and inhabited properties already.
If you subtract 2 hrs travelling time, whatever time she spent in various stores, shopping, it could be less than an hour she had to complete her task, including getting rid of evidence.. there might not have been much evidence, just a weapon, burner phones, hard drives, but she could have dumped those any time.
I AGREE it was a place she knew.
Prob is there is no way to know which places she visited.. AS would have advised LE of any she visited with him. He was not there when they checked them out.
I did scrutinize her fb a/c while it was open, I found absolutely nothing of consequence. But she had many.
I wonder who her friends were, whether she had a boyfriend, whether she was a member of any nefarious organisation or club?

What contacts did she have in the locality or close that she kept from her husband?

I firmly believe it is her close associates, who I do not know, that could shed light on potential spots that she may have placed Gannon's body.

Edited to add.....AND, if we're giving her an hour or so to accomplish all this, it HAS to be in a rather small area, meaning Gannon is somewhere near 105 and/or Noe road.....somewhere in that vicinity....unless, of course, he was moved.

You think she called a friend and said "Hey, I need to get rid of a body, meet me off of Noe Road, I need you to take it away, far away, get rid of it.":rolleyes:

Last edited:
I didn't follow her case here either, but just recently read the arrest affidavit for Frazee, and it's a literal jackpot of digital and other evidence (and horrific as well, so brace yourself for some gruesome details).

I believe the very same will hold true in this case. The evidence the investigators have already uncovered, and the fine details of all the digital evidence, will be overwhelming. And, I believe, will answer a lot of the finer points we've been discussing here.

jmo
I guess I can't help but think that Casey Anthony would be serving her days behind bars right now if electronic evidence had been prevalent in 2008. Between Casey's car and Caylee supposedly drowning due to Cindi leaving a ladder up to the pool (ring camera would solve that)

I think the local folks posted on early threads that burning anything would have attracted a ton of attention.

At least that's what I remember.

It's always good to think of all possibilities, but I don't think so unless she had a way to contain the fire in VERY remote area. Burning would've attracted too much attention and, not that LS is the law-abiding type, but there's a burning ban in most of that part of Colorado. It had been extremely dry (little/no precipitation in all of January) so most likely she would've started a forest fire if she tried to burn something.

JMO MOO

it's a lot harder to shoot accurately with a handgun than most untrained ppl realize. Even hard with a rifle. Somewhat easier with a shotgun. Why would Gannon stand still if he were about to get shot? Hitting a moving target is ridiculously difficult. If he was already very weak, she could have strangled him or hit him with something. From all that has been posted about that part of Colorado, and especially if she made all the shopping stops we can't critique, it just doesnt seem logical that she would want to generate all the noise with a firearm. Probably several shots. If AS or she had firearms in the house, those would be checked right away for use, or unexplained absence.
Your post struck a chord with me. What if she gave him marijuana edibles? Either prior to or following an assault of some sort. People have mentioned that the video of Gannon walking to the vehicle looked like he was under some sort of duress or not right to put it simply. IMHO this is likely and legal in CO. She could have doped him up before, during or after whatever she did to him. Bless his heart!

A few things:

1) I don’t want to sound *dumb* but I am quite naïve when it comes to things like these because it is not in my nature. With that being said, IF TS moved Gannon’s body, what would be the reason(s)?
2) In most ways I think it’s amazing that we live in a world where our technology can track & obtain cell phone, computer, tablet, etc...info. Like texts, pics, google histories & whatnot. For like cases like these. HOWEVER it concerns me that the NSA track my searches, especially since I have joined this group. How do they know that we (I) aren’t killers. Rather how do they know who is badddd versus who is not, according to our search history? Does anyone else worry about this or is it just me? :/
3. Thank y’all for having patience with me & my posts, and answering all of my questions! I really appreciate it.

Not dumb questions at all. 1) Because she realized it was about to be found. This speaks to the fact that she didn't do enough pre-planning. Killers often don't. She had time overnight to rethink her initial plan and, as she only trusts the contents of her own head, she thought it would be a good idea to risk more and try again to put Gannon someplace where it's hard to find him.

2) You don't have to worry. You're one of 300 million US Citizens and despite the size of our various security agencies, they are all about trying to solve crime, which is hard enough given tight resources. Murders, rapes, kidnaps...well, none of us wants to be suspected of those things (but it can happen to innocent people through circumstances, obviously). Keep in mind that a Judge had to approve LE's grabbing of personal data (I realize that sometimes NSA doesn't, but most LE does and most of the time federal LE does as well). You want your local judges to protect the classic ideals of the Constitution, obviously (sad to say, that can really vary).

You really have to be suspected of being a killer to get all your info handed over to LE or to be treated as a killer. If someone were to die unexpectedly in your house, you can have legitimate worry over how it will be handled, but the truth always works. If you are male, I think it's worse (because something like 60-70% of murders are committed by males) and if your spouse ends up dead with no visible cause or illness, well, you should expect to have a talk with a medical examiner or perhaps LE. Don't try to dispose of the body yourself and you should be fine.

I didn't follow her case here either, but just recently read the arrest affidavit for Frazee, and it's a literal jackpot of digital and other evidence (and horrific as well, so brace yourself for some gruesome details).

I believe the very same will hold true in this case. The evidence the investigators have already uncovered, and the fine details of all the digital evidence, will be overwhelming. And, I believe, will answer a lot of the finer points we've been discussing here.

jmo
BBM:

Having followed that Kelsey case extremely closely, I can vividly remember the day the arrest affidavit was released to the public.

It was mind-boggling.

Little did we know, that was just the tip of the iceberg.

When the case actually went to trial, we discovered that Dan May had quietly amassed a staggering cache of evidentiary ammo that the public had never before seen or heard.

The DA unleashed his own shock and awe campaign on PF in that courtroom.

His defense attorneys were shell-shocked. They were often left speechless.

Many of us here on WS were also rendered speechless.

Well. Almost speechless.

I anticipate much the same here.

TS's public defender might want to get herself a flak jacket.

Michael Allen is going to show up at that courthouse loaded for bear.

JMO.

Last edited:
I guess I can't help but think that Casey Anthony would be serving her days behind bars right now if electronic evidence had been prevalent in 2008. Between Casey's car and Caylee supposedly drowning due to Cindi leaving a ladder up to the pool (ring camera would solve that)

There was significant electronic evidence in the CA case, probably more than we'll ever know, but LE and prosecution dropped the ball.

Cops, prosecutors botched Casey Anthony evidence

I do agree they'd be less likely to botch such evidence, and would be likely to find a lot more, nowadays.

Colette Bordelon (@ColetteBordelon) on Twitter
·
24m

Look who helped edit my video from #GannonStauch’s memorial cruise today... his sister, Laina. Catch the story on around 300 different vehicles hitting the road today in Gannon’s honor on
@KOAA
at 5:30. I’ll be live from Lorson Ranch.

Dear @Momof4RN,

Thank you for sharing this beautiful event. So much love for Gannon!

I just wish with all of my heart that Gannon was still here. It's so hard on the heart for all of us to learn he isn't.

Here For Gannon

Last edited:
I think originally his body was left in a familiar spot. I think she moved it on the 28th and that’s why they cannot find him. How sure are we that the rental car had GPS tracking ? I’m not feeling 100% sure it did. I think that’s why they can’t locate him. Her second time around with rental she left her phone and Apple Watch home. It only makes sense that they found board and socks by tracking her gps watch on the 27th. He probably was near those items and maybe that’s where they found cadaverine evidence. If true they probably found evidence in the rental car as well but they can’t pinpoint exactly where it travelled to.

jmo

Thank you for posting this. I followed the PF case, but only via MSM, and it was a heartbreaking one to read about. I have never seen the details of an arrest affidavit from the source. This prepares me, somewhat, for what we might have to endure when Gannon’s details are revealed.

I'm a professional graphic designer, and I use photoshop all day, every day.
Creating designs, mock-ups for marketing & advertising, editing photos for clients, etc.
I see absolutely nothing out of the ordinary about this pic.
No tell-tale signs of "photoshopping" mistakes that most people make.

jmo

Agreed. His hand blends into the rock, I can barely see where his fingers stop however at a quick glance, his fingers appear to be longer so I can see where some may think his hand looks large. Look really close and you’ll see a small hand

MOO, she could have hidden him first somewhere quick and easy, and then later moved him to somewhere less likely to be discovered.
Yes. But what gets me is that everything else (minus the Apple Watch) seemed so calculated (e.g. her answers to almost every possible question/scenario) yet she didn’t think of where to hide his body until after the fact?
Hi all! Couldn't sleep last night so I started looking at Google maps, checking images of parks or trails he could be on. Scrolling up and down from various places trying to think of how all the driving could have played out with locations we either know(their home and the searches) and ones TS gave us(Castle Rock, exit 163). I found some parks that seemed promising at first, but after reading reviews and looking at pictures nothing looked promising to me, so for now I tend to think he is off a road in a secluded area that is mostly untraveled/undisturbed. Parks and trails I could find just seem too busy or have cameras. So many mentioned how people just let their dogs run freely. A dog would have found GS by now if she had put him under brush off a trail if people do allow dogs to roam freely at so many of these places I initially saw as possibilities.

What did strike me was she gave exit 163 in her interview. That puts her right in the area they were searching, specifically on County Line Rd which I know has been mentioned as a possibility when we saw them sifting snow in the area. Now, the interview was after we saw the searches, which means TS also saw those searches. So she felt she needed to T-splain something about the area. She knew they were either gonna find GS or evidence or pings. If the area was irrelevant she wouldn't have brought it up. I know she is a lying liar, but she only brings things up that she thinks she needs to explain to the public so she doesn't look bad. So she says "Yeah, I was in that area because I was lost. If they find anything it is because I was lost and stuff flew out of the truck, not because I was doing anything nefarious." That's where she came up with the "board" flying from the truck. She was trying to get ahead of any evidence. She seems to not understand that evidence doesn't lie and the court of public opinion means nothing. What matters is WHAT REALLY HAPPENED TECIA! So I do think the area they were searching is the right area. He is either still there and they couldn't find him with snow cover or he was and she used that rental to move him, but after thinking about her interview and the searches I am convinced they had it right and she definitely wasn't just "lost". She brought it up because something in that area is very incriminating to her. Real curious about where that rental can be tracked to. And as far as the odometer we have talked non-stop, could it have been set on trip mode and that is why we see it starting at 5? Just rhetorical thinking aloud on how far she could have possibly moved GS or if it is wrong then he has to still be in that area. I hope someone will find him soon, it is so hard to imagine how AS and LH feel everyday knowing their baby is out there somewhere. Bring Gannon Home!
I LOVE this post!!!!

Hi all. I haven’t been on in a while, I’ll be honest, baby chance all but broke me and I had to steer clear for a while. I heard about Gannon only last week, I’m in the UK and came across him on another crime group. I came straight over here and started reading from thread 1. I’ve literally just caught up. What a handsome little man, and I really hope he’s returned to his loved ones soon

There was significant electronic evidence in the CA case, probably more than we'll ever know, but LE and prosecution dropped the ball.

Cops, prosecutors botched Casey Anthony evidence

I do agree they'd be less likely to botch such evidence, and would be likely to find a lot more, nowadays.

Sickening, ETA I had mentioned in my earlier post...Between Casey's car and Caylee supposedly drowning due to Cindi leaving a ladder up to the pool (ring camera would solve that) .
I was thinking pings (cellular phone/GPS) in Casey's car, or ring video regarding Cindi.
But the failure here , to uncover basic web searching data (the ability which had been around for years) as outlined in this article is beyond the pale, unforgivable. Someone honestly should have lost their job. For those who aren't familiar with the article Lucidtx posted, I encourage you to read it. Websleuth participants get a well deserved mention.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member