Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rental Car
I don’t think she was running around all by herself on Tuesday the day she picked up Al. Gannon went missing on Monday and by Wednesday KOAA received a tip that she was already a prime suspect. We don’t really know Tuesdays timeline except the rental pickup and her picking up Al, but I assume there were local searches ( her with Al) and police interviews. I don’t think she would leave Al with the police alone or go disappear for hours without her phone or no one knowing her whereabouts as it would make her look suspicious. I really don’t think she would have had the opportunity to move the body or disappear for hours. I still think the body is west/northwest of the Springs.
Yes, we don't know Tuesdays timeline but we don't even know if she picked up Al, could have been a neighbor, friend, Military could have arranged, as they were on board with helping from the get go. They are only 11 miles from the airport...uber? Neighbors had been searching until appx 3Am the night before, maybe one of them picked up Al. I could hear T telling Al, let's split up our search...cover more ground...that type of thing.

Agreed. That’s my thinking on the rental car as well. Just another reason to discount that mileage of 900 miles.

She just wouldn’t have been able to get away for that long. I imagine that many hours were spent in a police interrogation room, and several hours were spent with Al.

I thought she was gone all day after the pick up (if she even did pick him up) and unreachable/ off-grid?

i hesitate to compare mental illness with personality disorders, this is not a chemical imbalance or screwed up wiring, there are no specific medications.
very few people with personality disordered would consider themselves mentally ill.
i have a severe chemical imbalance (my brain makes almost no dopamine . fun)
i do not consider that a mental illness either though many may.
i think labelling them illnesses minimises the responsibility of people who are for the most part just the extremes of selfishness, also people with serious mental illness should not be lumped into the same categories with these people.

I think the other poster was talking about DSM (the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders). Both mood disorders and personality disorders are rooted in the biochemistry of the brain, causes of each are not yet completely known. Mental is the word used for "brain and its contents" in medicine.

That being said, the original outline for DSM was made before modern genetic research had the chance to truly show that some diagnoses (known as Axis I diagnoses) are partly or even largely inherited. Some Axis II diagnoses may be partly or largely inherited as well (AntiSocial PD for example).

Here for Gannon

I have been thinking about a show that I watch on ID that uses CCTV to piece together the movements during a crime.

Its my opinion that the police have been viewing CCTV footage from stores, gas stations, etc to piece together the movements that they can. If that Petco is in a larger shopping center, there is a good chance they not only caught her on the Petco security cameras, but also on parking lot cameras.

I think that when we hear the whole story there is going to be an ocean of video evidence on TS that day and possibly the following. Airports have pretty tight security, if the rental car came from the airport lot, guaranteed there is video of her coming and going. MOO
My exact thoughts. They will have nearly every move mapped.
Here for Gannon

I have been thinking about a show that I watch on ID that uses CCTV to piece together the movements during a crime.

Its my opinion that the police have been viewing CCTV footage from stores, gas stations, etc to piece together the movements that they can. If that Petco is in a larger shopping center, there is a good chance they not only caught her on the Petco security cameras, but also on parking lot cameras.

I think that when we hear the whole story there is going to be an ocean of video evidence on TS that day and possibly the following. Airports have pretty tight security, if the rental car came from the airport lot, guaranteed there is video of her coming and going. MOO
I agree. I think they will have a very detailed map of her actions. Reminds me of the Michelle Le murder and how through the detail was of her murderers movements.

IMO T's assertion in the phone call of a happy marriage is false, just as we KNOW the claims of why she was unable to go to work are bogus. When asked pointedly, "Are you okay?!" T's exclamation is "NOOOOOoooo!"--I thought we were going to hear some heartfelt emotion about Gannon. It is beyond baffling to me that this WSM does not even sob for HERSELF. She merely attempts feeble rationalizations for why she is UNABLE to be emotional (LE's fault; SM's fault). What she was aghast about, of course: her possessions that LE was keeping with the SOLE PURPOSE of getting to her and causing her to break.

Dead on.

Reminds me of CW smiling n completely unconcerned even after he dumped them in the oil tanks.

I think she had someone helping her who also drove the Rental. MOO.
If true, that person would have very likely been discovered by now.

This is the type of crime that one does alone, and the murder appears to be premeditated, but reactionary to the abuse.

The way I see it, she needed no help, and would have had a hard time getting help.

jumping in several pages behind. But can someone tell me where the mental illness discussion is coming from? Do we know this as fact?
I don’t think she’s mentally ill. I think she has a personality disorder. I think she’s wicked, conniving, and evil. I do not think she is sick. Moo
Well, all the personality disorders ARE mental health disorders. I know she has not been diagnosed (that we know of) but she seems to have signs of some kind of disorder.
She does seem to have narcissistic traits and I think she has many characteristics of BPD or APD.
It's not uncommon that people are never diagnosed because they don't seek treatment as they don't believe there is anything wrong with them. It's everybody else that is the problem.

Imo

Last edited:
I think she stopped at Petco to get something she needed or to stash her Apple Watch/gannons phone.

Where in a PetCo store could you stash/hide something and feel confident it wouldn't be found during hours of other shoppers' and stockers'/staff' activity? The only way the scenario works for me is if she actually left her phone/watch in the car and someone else came to meet her there and she transferred to a different car. That would allow her to say she was in that area shopping for two hours, starting at PetCo and stopping back there before leaving. But that would mean another person's involvement and I don't really think that's the case.

If true, that person would have very likely been discovered by now.

This is the type of crime that one does alone, and the murder appears to be premeditated, but reactionary to the abuse.

The way I see it, she needed no help, and would have had a hard time getting help.
I am definitely interested in your theory about how she racked up that many miles in such a short amount of time, also entertaining LE and Al at the same time.

I'm unfamiliar with Play It Again Sports. I assume it's a resale outlet. Could it be that she took items because she needed untraceable cash?

Could be. IMO, she was tormenting Gannon by saying they needed to sell things to right his wrong. I really feel she was tormenting him by gathering up his favorite things and selling them. Bike and hockey gear.

Moderators - A heartfelt thank you for all you do in keeping this forum on topic. You do an amazing job in a very fast moving series of threads. As a newbie, it's hard to keep up and to keep the rules clear in my head... I've made a couple of mistakes on what is or is not considered ok to post and I really appreciate how quickly you're able to remove things that are not allowed. Apologies for my mistakes - I really value having a place to come and discuss this very upsetting and puzzling case.

I am definitely interested in your theory about how she racked up that many miles in such a short amount of time, also entertaining LE and Al at the same time.
My theory is this—she didn’t.

I think the mileage wasn’t logged correctly, and several people rented that car before she did.

So do you think the entire receipt is wrong? Like the empty gas tank it says she paid 119 to fill?

I think the mileage is wrong, and if she paid $119 to fill the tank, that’s wrong too.

Even if she ran it to empty, that’s in the ballpark of 3 times the inflated cost the company would likely charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10