Found Deceased MI - Hunter Klompstra, 18, Coopersville, 1 Jan 2020

Very sad news today. A body has been found by the searchers in the Grand River near where Hunter went missing New Years Eve. LE is not confirming identity of the body yet, they will be doing an autopsy Monday morning and then will reveal more information after. But there is a very strong chance that it is Hunter. Praying for his family and friends, this must be so hard for them :(.

Body found in Grand River near spot where Hunter Klompstra went missing Jan. 1
Sigh... paraphrased:
“searchers found the body about 11:30 a.m., shortly after search began... recovered from 6-7 feet of water... that has receded significantly since Hunter first went missing”.

Very sad news today. A body has been found by the searchers in the Grand River near where Hunter went missing New Years Eve. LE is not confirming identity of the body yet, they will be doing an autopsy Monday morning and then will reveal more information after. But there is a very strong chance that it is Hunter. Praying for his family and friends, this must be so hard for them :(.

Body found in Grand River near spot where Hunter Klompstra went missing Jan. 1
My heart goes out to Hunter's family and loved ones. So sad. :(:(:(

I'm bringing the YouTube from that article here just in case the article goes poof.

MAR 7, 2020
Missing teen’s cousin: ‘Our family is just numb’
[...]

After the body was found, Klompsta’s father told News 8 his family is waiting for autopsy results to confirm the victim’s identification.

[...]

“Our family is just numb,” Klompsta’s cousin CM told News 8 before the search.

McClary described Klompsta as being all about family and a great friend.

[...]

Tease said at this time there is no reason to suspect foul play but noted this is an ongoing investigation.

Following an autopsy scheduled for Monday, authorities expect to release more information regarding the victim’s identity and cause of death.

Body found in Grand River identified as Hunter Klompstra

“Police said the cause of death appears to be drowning and no foul play is suspected at this time.”

Still would like to know more. Did he know how to swim? Was he swept up in current? If so, he wasn’t carried far from where he went missing. Was he conscious? Did he hit his head or slip and fall. Odd no one saw or heard anything. Or aren’t saying. Jmo

RIP Hunter. Comfort to your fam.

RIP Hunter

Sadly due to the hat and glasses being found up by the house, and other reasons based on what I've read, I don't believe this was an accidental drowning..

I hope and pray more answers come along as to why this happened.. and if anyone is responsible they're caught. I hope this family gets all the answers they deserve.

RIP Hunter

Sadly due to the hat and glasses being found up by the house, and other reasons based on what I've read, I don't believe this was an accidental drowning..

I hope and pray more answers come along as to why this happened.. and if anyone is responsible they're caught. I hope this family gets all the answers they deserve.

I agree with you. If it was accidental drowning why were his glasses and hat still at the house?

If something happened at the party and people involved thought he was dead and tossed him in the water, where he drowned?

I agree with you. If it was accidental drowning why were his glasses and hat still at the house?

I thought his glasses were found outside?
I don't understand what is so strange about a hat being left at the house? There are plenty of normal explanations: he could simply forget to wear it, especially if he had been drinking alkohol. But even a sober person can forget things behind. For example I once forgot to wear a scarf while leaving my friend's apartment. And my friends left some of their belongings at my place too, because they simply forgot to take them.

I don't understand what is so strange about a hat being left at the house? There are plenty of normal explanations: he could simply forget to wear it, especially if he had been drinking alkohol. But even a sober person can forget things behind. For example I once forgot to wear a scarf while leaving my friend's apartment. And my friends left some of their belongings at my place too, because they simply forgot to take them.

The glasses werd found outside the house in my recollection. Ofcourse you van forget a scarf or a hat. But tot me glasses are something you dont forget so easily. You need them to see. Plus the statements from people at the party makes me really doubt its accidental.

But tot me glasses are something you dont forget so easily. You need them to see. Plus the statements from people at the party makes me really doubt its accidental.

If he drunk alkohol at the party (and I really wouldn't be suprised about that, I would be suprised if they all did not drink alkohol at New Year Party), he could stumble or drop his glasses and could not locate them later. I wouldn't be suprised if after loosing his glasses he tried to go further anyway. I wear glasses and without then I can't see properly, obviously, everything is blurry, but you really can walk in condition like that.

I have read this thread from the beginning, but I don't quite get what is so strange about statements from people at the party. Can you elaborate?

If he drunk alkohol at the party (and I really wouldn't be suprised about that, I would be suprised if they all did not drink alkohol at New Year Party), he could stumble or drop his glasses and could not locate them later. I wouldn't be suprised if after loosing his glasses he tried to go further anyway. I wear glasses and without then I can't see properly, obviously, everything is blurry, but you really can walk in condition like that.

I have read this thread from the beginning, but I don't quite get what is so strange about statements from people at the party. Can you elaborate?

Totally agree.....at his age at a new years eve party, i would be surprised if he wasn't totally 'trollied' .....and may not have even been able to walk in a straight line even with them on? JMO.

Ok, but the hat and glasses were found OUTSIDE on the ground, by the air conditioning unit of the house. The glasses were spotted on video in one spot, and then they had been moved, as when they were seen in person, were not in the same spot. that seems awfully strange to me. I get what you're saying, but never have I drunk, or sober, left my belongings outside on the ground.

The glasses werd found outside the house in my recollection. Ofcourse you van forget a scarf or a hat. But tot me glasses are something you dont forget so easily. You need them to see. Plus the statements from people at the party makes me really doubt its accidental.
Exactly..

I would also like to know the statements from people at the party, I don't recall seeing that info.. could you link it? I'd like to know what some of these kids were saying.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back