The British Royal Family #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't that lack of proper security partly what killed Princess Diana? Shall we let the tabloids run her son to death too and do you know who's paying for the house in Vancouver? I don't and I live in Canada.

You are right. Diana lost her royal protection and wound up getting into a car wearing no seatbelt and driven by a drunk driver. There are some that say she chose to have her own security as she feared the RPO's would 'spy' on her and report back to Charles. However it happened, it ended catastrophically.

Aside from those kind of risks, I imagine H, M & Archie will be prime kidnapping targets as soon as they lose their royal protection status.

Isn't that lack of proper security partly what killed Princess Diana? Shall we let the tabloids run her son to death too and do you know who's paying for the house in Vancouver? I don't and I live in Canada.

It’s such a shame and tragedy but wasn’t her security too drunk to drive? Diana also courted her own press, too.

I see no interest in H&M on the scale of Diana. And, when you step away from the job it’s only fair to work out security on your own.

We have tons of celebrities with armed security who also court the tabloids.

H&M’s new docudrama, Escaping the Crown is airing tonight? I think... so, what kind of narrative and subsequent press are they courting?

Perhaps you should look at some public polls in your neck of the woods. The British public is fed up with H and M.

No, the tabloid readers are sick of them and of course their polls will be slanted. Normal, decent people with half a brain cell can see the issues from both sides and if there's any "fed up-ness" to be had, it's about the dominance in the press. As I've said before it is volume, not content, that is the problem.

I was thinking that as I looked at pictures of B&E - they were also awkward kids but they are both so grown up and glamorous now.

I've never been a fan of Beatrice but am actually quite looking forward to seeing her wedding pics. She and Eugenie have chalked up way more sartorial faux pas than the rest of them put together!

No, the tabloid readers are sick of them and of course their polls will be slanted. Normal, decent people with half a brain cell can see the issues from both sides and if there's any "fed up-ness" to be had, it's about the dominance in the press. As I've said before it is volume, not content, that is the problem.

I'm British and completely agree with this. My experience is the same, most decent people aren't like the ones spewing hate in the tabloid comments sections.

How do you know what type of readers read the tabloids? You don't, no one does. Do you need anymore pearls to clutch over there?

I'm British and completely agree with this. My experience is the same, most decent people aren't like the ones spewing hate in the tabloid comments sections.
So you know everyone's occupations and how they live morally that read those papers? You don't. Perhaps your next door neighbor makes comments on the stories. Humans who comment on a paper's story cant be slammed as not being decent ppl or having no brain cells. Papers have a wide range of readers.

I don’t know if the series Sex And The City (four women friends living in NYC) was aired globally but one of the characters, Miranda was a high powered attorney who would from time to time get in her jammies with her stack of tabloids. It was a guilty pleasure to be fluffy and read fluff.

You never know who is reading the tabloids...

I really like and appreciate fashion. So, I was clutching my pearls during some of the H&M red carpet roll outs. And don’t get me started on Fergie. But I also think H&M got a lot of good feedback on this thread, too. - Jmo.

I don’t get how celebs and royalty deal with all those flashbulbs. It’s difficult on the eyes watching it on the tablet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23