IL - Actor Jussie Smollett allegedly attacked in hate crime Jan 2019 #5 Smollett indicted”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks I thought so and I remember video of the brothers buying items too.
But IIRC, JS made a notation on the bottom of the check, saying it was for 'personal training' or something like that.
It is kind of a catch 22 for JS though. If he tries to explain that kind of thing away, by claiming it was all about them training him, working out with him and helping him with nutrition advice, etc, then why would these 2 attack JS on the street at midnight? It makes no sense.

Especially since JS was getting them acting jobs on the show, paying g them huge money to train him etc. Why would they ever want to get rid of the golden goose.

I really don't think a jury would believe JS's story that these guys did what he claims they did. It makes way more sense that they were paid to 'help' him pull of a phony assault. JMO

JS has not worked since this incident, that I scan find on the net. He must be draining his monies pretty quick. Moo
@MsJosie Looks like you are right. Per his filmography listing on imdb.com, latest work is Empire ending in 2019. Jussie Smollett - IMDb.
Just fyi, contrast w Rainn Wilson of The Office Rainn Wilson - IMDb, w four projects/roles in the works. FWIW see listing w red print for current/upcoming for him: One is completed, not yet released; two are post-production; one is pre-production.
ETA: AFAIK, imdb covers only TV movies, not theater/Broadway, etc. Maybe doing that?

Last edited:
Meant to say in my ^ edit:
AFAIK, imdb.com covers only TV and movies, so it's possible JS is doing theater/Broadway.

ETA 2.;););)
Auditions for our local high school spring plays will be held soon for---
--- You Can't Take It with You by George Kaufman.
--- 12 Angry Jurors by Reginald Rose.
--- An Actor's Nightmare by Christopher Durang.
^ They seem like timely choices for JS. ^ ;););)

I googled ' JS on Broadway'

Jussie Smollett Cut From Forthcoming Broadway Play | The Crusader Newspaper Group

Jussie Smollett Cut From Forthcoming Broadway Play

April 17, 2019

The actor was reportedly cut over his alleged hate crime scandal.

Jussie Smollett has lost a starring role in a forthcoming Broadway play in the wake of his hate crime scandal. The actor was reportedly nipped from the Broadway reboot of the Tony-winning play, Take Me Out, the Daily Mail reports.

Jussie-Smollett-1-696x411.jpg

A couple handy places to check for Broadway. and Off-Broadway info:
Internet Broadway Database - Wikipedia
Lortel Archives - Wikipedia

A quick search did not return any results for JS.

Of course not. JS has made himself completely toxic.

I would be interested to know what his friends have to say. INMO, many of his "friends" were probably around when it was fun to be his "friend".

It would be interesting to see how his family is dealing with the situation, internally, not tabloid reports.

Chicago State Attorney Says Jussie Smollett's Fake Hate Crime Was A "Bad Prank"

While the actor failed to get the special prosecutor removed from the case, Chicago’s State Attorney, Kim Foxx, angrily defended her decision to initially drop charges, saying his “low-level offense” was just a “prank.”

“This issue with Smollett… excuse my language, it’s bulls##t,” Foxx said during a recent appearance on The Ben Joravsky Show. “We have an abysmal homicide clearance rate; we have horrible violence; and (the attention is on) this case about a low-level offense with an actor who pulled a prank."

She added: “I’m not saying it wasn’t offensive; I’m not saying it wasn’t something that garnered our attention; but a year later, when I’m sitting with parents who are mourning the loss of their children.”

While the actor failed to get the special prosecutor removed from the case, Chicago’s State Attorney, Kim Foxx, angrily defended her decision to initially drop charges, saying his “low-level offense” was just a “prank.”

“This issue with Smollett… excuse my language, it’s bulls##t,” Foxx said during a recent appearance on The Ben Joravsky Show. “We have an abysmal homicide clearance rate; we have horrible violence; and (the attention is on) this case about a low-level offense with an actor who pulled a prank."

She added: “I’m not saying it wasn’t offensive; I’m not saying it wasn’t something that garnered our attention; but a year later, when I’m sitting with parents who are mourning the loss of their children.”

Yeah, when parents are mourning the loss of their children it's nice to know she allowed Smollett to send cops on a wild goose chase when they instead could have been saving lives. You're not going to decrease the homicide and violence rates when you've got LE out chasing phantom MAGA hat-wearers, which for that reason she should want to throw the book at Smollett.

Yeah, when parents are mourning the loss of their children it's nice to know she allowed Smollett to send cops on a wild goose chase when they instead could have been saving lives. You're not going to decrease the homicide and violence rates when you've got LE out chasing phantom MAGA hat-wearers, which for that reason she should want to throw the book at Smollett.
Right, she thinks the Smollett case is a stupid prank and should be dismissed, yet that same stupid prank took up, check it out, THIS MANY RESOURCES:

Civil Action Cover Sheet - Case Initiation (05/27/16) CCL 0520 In The Circuit Court Of Cook County, Illinois County Department, Law Division | Tort | Lawsuit

Chicago Law Department files civil complaint against Jussie Smollett | Tort | Lawsuit

Jussie Smollett Counterclaim | Complaint | Estoppel

Is Kimm Foxx clueless and tone deaf to how offensive this entire hoax was to white people? Race has to be mentioned here.

If this was reversed, and a white male had falsely accused black males of the same crime, would Kimm Foxx had given him a pass?

That is the problem here.

Is Kimm Foxx clueless and tone deaf to how offensive this entire hoax was to white people? Race has to be mentioned here.

If this was reversed, and a white male had falsely accused black males of the same crime, would Kimm Foxx had given him a pass?

That is the problem here.

thank you @mickey for saying this .... 100% agree!!

So that's what a $150-$200k prank looks like?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dollycl