The British Royal Family #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well hopefully, by the end of the month when they are no longer senior royals, the world will give less of a damn what they do. It is strange that Americans seem more bothered by their antics than the British taxpayers are; I've still yet to meet a real life person who doesn't empathise with the press intrusion and venomous coverage. That said, it's all got so tedious I wish they'd just be gone now... let them get on with it, much bigger things happening in the world and much more worthy royal stories to be reporting on than the fit of Meghans clothing. As to who pays for their house and bills, it's not coming from public money any more and it's nobody's business whether Charles chooses to help his son out or not.
I have yet to meet an American in real life who gives a hoot what they do, or who is actually critical of Meghan.

I really believe people just hope H&M are happy. Americans, while they enjoy a bit of royal-watching, generally seem supportive of them breaking away from a tradition we can barely imagine in the first place. (This, of course, is in real life. Obviously, there is a handful who like to hammer them anonymously online.)

'But whatever he has done or hasn't done, is completely separate from me and my wife. We operate in a way of inclusivity and we are focusing on community.

'And so we are completely separate from the majority of my family.'

WOW!!! ^^^^

Obviously he is distancing himself there from the scandal of Uncle Andrew. He should've stopped after the first sentence.

I've just read it all and I think he has spoken the truth.
What a shame he fell for the prank though.
What a shame people gets kicks out of pulling stunts like that.
Last time someone pulled a royal related prank call, the nurse who got pranked killed herself.
Suicide of Jacintha Saldanha - Wikipedia

Ha, I was just wondering whether the royals actually curtsy to each other in a private setting, I can't imagine it! Perhaps an over-exaggerated one with an arm flourish, to take the mick?

Apparently Kate is meant to curtsy to Beatrice and Eugenie as they are 'blood princesses', unless she is with William in which case they have to curtsy to her.
My head is spinning now. We Americans generally muck something up when meeting royals, I think. The press may make note of it, but a I think we’re just like, “Oops,” and forget about it.

Obviously he is distancing himself there from the scandal of Uncle Andrew. He should've stopped after the first sentence.

What a shame people gets kicks out of pulling stunts like that.
Last time someone pulled a royal related prank call, the nurse who got pranked killed herself.
Suicide of Jacintha Saldanha - Wikipedia
<modsnip> My point was Harry should have never taken this call unless it was screened. Everything has been going zig zag for them from day one. They need to hire adequate ppl to look out for them, otherwise these episodes will keep happening and NO the media is not to be soley blamed. H and M need to look at their actions as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:
Prince Harry reveals agony over Megxit in call to hoaxers posing as Greta Thunberg

The Sun has picked it up. (The conversations were on New Year’s Eve and January 22.)

2 phone calls...WOW

Not a good start Harry, just call me Harry. Now the RF needs to do damage control. Is the 12 mths over yet?

He also claimed that President Donald Trump had “blood on his hands” in the chat with Russian pranksters"

Hopefully he's not being blackmailed for anything he said on the call that hasn't been released yet.

When I saw the headline I have to admit I thought it was going to be much worse than what he actually said he didn't burn any major bridges, we all knew there was no love lost between H&M and Trump.

I haven't listened to the audio but I think if you've lead a life where you expect these types of calls it would be easy to be hoodwinked. But I do think its a bit odd that he would have this type of conversation with who he thought was a 17 year old

I actually can't believe hes still going on about climate change and people needing to change their habits and this week his wife flew a make up artist over from New York to London.

I don't think theres any reason that Harry should feel a need to account for Andrew's actions. I have to admit I was expecting the DM to write a long article (akin to her loving avocados who's profits are used for terrorism) about the fact Meghan wore Topshop this week and the allegations against Philip Green etc.

I think Harry is very naive about normality, he thinks being in the military gave him some normality and maybe somewhat more than usual but he wasn't living solely on his military income. In no way can Harry relate to most of us who have had to worry about a bill or affording something. He has a staff and I'm sure had one while in the military who could get him anything he wanted or put him in touch with anyone he wanted. He also wants to be "normal" while is still at pains to keep his titles

I have yet to meet an American in real life who gives a hoot what they do, or who is actually critical of Meghan.

I really believe people just hope H&M are happy. Americans, while they enjoy a bit of royal-watching, generally seem supportive of them breaking away from a tradition we can barely imagine in the first place. (This, of course, is in real life. Obviously, there is a handful who like to hammer them anonymously online.)

I hammer them irl, too. Just sayin'

'But whatever he has done or hasn't done, is completely separate from me and my wife. We operate in a way of inclusivity and we are focusing on community.

'And so we are completely separate from the majority of my family.'

WOW!!! ^^^^

Um...yeah, so. That would do it for me if I were the "majority of his family." wow, indeed.

I was going to suggest elbow bump ... but I guess not
https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost...cial-gives-thumbs-down-on-bumping-elbows/amp/

View attachment 237736

The Queen has decided to stop shaking hands with people for the 'foreseeable future' as a matter of 'personal preference' amid coronavirus outbreak

The Queen has decided to stop shaking hands with people for the 'foreseeable future' | Daily Mail Online

I don’t think anyone could criticise Her Majesty The Queen for making this decision.

Prince Harry reveals agony over Megxit in call to hoaxers posing as Greta Thunberg

The Sun has picked it up. (The conversations were on New Year’s Eve and January 22.)

2 phone calls...WOW

Not a good start Harry, just call me Harry. Now the RF needs to do damage control. Is the 12 mths over yet?

He also claimed that President Donald Trump had “blood on his hands” in the chat with Russian pranksters"

He's not the first royal nor will he likely be the last.

Quite a few years ago, the Countess of Wessex and her business partner spoke way too freely with a reported posing as a Sheikh's assistant:
Word by word, Sophie digs herself deeper into trouble

The Duchess of York, was recorded offering a reporter access to Prince Andrew for cash:
Sarah Ferguson offered access to Prince Andrew for cash, says tabloid

The Duchess of York also took financial assistance from Jeffrey Epstein:
How Sarah Ferguson's money troubles made Prince Andrew's Jeffrey Epstein problem worse

Prince Andrew's BBC interview and his association with Jeffrey Epsteinand Ghislane Maxwell attending functions with the royal family and those allegations of sex with a minor might keep the palace PR department busy as well.

He's not the first royal nor will he likely be the last.

Quite a few years ago, the Countess of Wessex and her business partner spoke way too freely with a reported posing as a Sheikh's assistant:
Word by word, Sophie digs herself deeper into trouble

The Duchess of York, was recorded offering a reporter access to Prince Andrew for cash:
Sarah Ferguson offered access to Prince Andrew for cash, says tabloid

The Duchess of York also took financial assistance from Jeffrey Epstein:
How Sarah Ferguson's money troubles made Prince Andrew's Jeffrey Epstein problem worse

Prince Andrew's BBC interview and his association with Jeffrey Epsteinand Ghislane Maxwell attending functions with the royal family and those allegations of sex with a minor might keep the palace PR department busy as well.
Thanks for the update but they are not in the current news nor did they get phone pranked.

Thanks for the update but they are not in the current news nor did they get phone pranked.

I would think it would be harder to fool someone in person than over the phone but I do understand that you have a certain amount of tenacity when it comes to PH & MM.

I do believe that you are mistaken about all of those I mentioned not being current news because rumours of Prince Andrew having hired a fabulous lawyer to protect him from his rather sticky situation was in my news feed today. Can you get more current than that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288