Found Deceased TN - Evelyn Boswell, 15 months, Sullivan County, 26 DEC 2019 *MOM ARRESTED* #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that she was found in the same clothes she reported last seeing her in is probably what directly connects her to the crime.

BBM, and SBM
I'm a dozen pages behind... trying to catch up after work... but just had to chime in. THIS is exactly what pushed me over the edge towards reason. I may still have a tiny niggling question about whether MB caused or was at least present for Evelyn's death, but this news solidified for me that she ~ AT THE VERY LEAST ~ was absolutely aware that she was no longer with us, and for how long. I'd had so much faith that blame was being misdirected, and so much hope that Baby Evelyn were still alive somewhere. EVERYTHING changed for me when I read this news. It was like a dagger to my gut and heart. While I still have a million questions, I no longer have any doubt whatsoever that MB deliberately led LE on wild goosechases in their search for baby Evelyn. I fully believe that, whatever the circumstances, she KNEW her daughter was never coming home. For that, she cannot ever be forgiven, regardless of her level of participation.

Well. I was holding back from pointing my finger at anyone, there are too many wild cards. But after reading those....ugh. I'm pointing my finger at someone now.

M y question is, did anyone else know? Help at all?

she's entirely too happy with law enforcement. If my child was missing, I'd be screaming that they obviously can't even do the one thing I need them to do...

Hey everyone.
2nd transcript of MB interviews is done, although it is actually interview #3.
So, #1 and #3 are done.
If anyone has a good link for me of the 2nd interview, with CB at the funeral home, please send it to me. It was a LONG interview, and I would like the longest cut available.

If you are wondering what the red asterisks are, I have marked those every time MB's roughly exhales... like a harsh 'HEH'

We'll see if anything comes of that once I've finished the other interview.

Maggie Boswell Interview 1

Maggie Boswell Interview 3.docx
Many thanks! Great to get a ' refresher '

I sure wish we knew more, waiting could cause a person to drink, oops, too late I see. I want to know who took little Evelyn's things to that damned shed and when. Why store her stuff in a damp shed? Let me guess.. they knew she wasn't going to need them! GRRR :mad::mad: GRRR

I agree @BHughes. I think, although it’s not a popular opinion, that MB was failed on so many levels growing up, it shaped who she became. What happened to Evelyn, intentional or otherwise, is unforgivable, but I have empathy for the life that MB led as a child herself.

ETA: Once again, the reporter used the words "in the home" in reference to where the remains were found. I wish they would watch it because that takes on a totally different meaning, IMO.

I saw this in another article (BBM):

Fraley said a body of a child approximately one year to one-and-a-half years old was found during a search at a home in the 500 block of Muddy Creek Road belonging to Megan’s father, brother and grandmother.

Clear as mud now, right? :rolleyes:

TBI: Diapers, clothes, toys found alongside remains believed to be Evelyn Boswell

I have a 15 month old so I think what she was referring to when she said snack containers on the floor are the little plastic cups with the lids that allow babies to reach in but limit how much they can get out. Basically they are spill proof.

Well, that's one response.

Unfortunately, we don't know exactly what she meant; and someone said in the early days of the thread that police officers are seeing "food left on the floor" (MB's exact wording) by mothers/caretakers on meth/heroin, so that when the caretakers go "on the nod" for days the kid doesn't die from neglect.

This made sense to me, because we have seen these kind of cases in the news before, where kids died from malnutrition because they couldn't reach the food in cupboards, etc.

That could never happen because he would be living in the barracks while in training as a single soldier and there’s no way the military would allow that. I really think she just visited him there and they’re making a Texas thing into more than it is. All the evil is right there where she’s from

PS. We are Marine Corps. I’m sure it’s the same in the army as far as the process with a young single soldier she would not have been able to leave Evelyn with him.

Do we think we can guarantee Maggie knowing this, though? She doesn't seem to have much of a grasp of reality otherwise.

Inculpatory evidence is evidence that shows, or tends to show, a person's involvement in an act, or evidence that can establish guilt. In criminal law, the prosecution has a duty to provide all evidence to the defense, whether it favors the prosecution's case or the defendant's case. Evidence that tends to show a person's innocence is considered exculpatory evidence.

For example, if a man is poisoned to death by an overdose of arsenic, and a bottle of arsenic is found in the purse of his wife, that bottle could be considered inculpatory evidence against his wife. The bottle of arsenic in his wife's purse could also be considered exculpatory evidence, tending to show the man's innocence as far as suicide is concerned.

References[edit]

Cliffs Notes version:

Inculpatory = pulls people in closer to the nucleus of guilt.

Exculpatory = excuses, or pushes people outward, away from the nucleus of guilt.

:D

I wonder what MB was telling him about where the baby was for three months since she told everyone else Evelyn was with him.

Child Protective Services, as per the early days of this thread, IIRC. (Which, I point out, we can't say one way or another whether this points towards MB wanting EP back; but personally, I'd think making my child's father nervous about whether and why my child was removed from my custody and home; is the opposite of anything that would legitimately or logically be desired.)

It certainly wasn't an excuse designed to put his mind at ease, IMO.

I saw this in another article (BBM):

Clear as mud now, right? :rolleyes:

TBI: Diapers, clothes, toys found alongside remains believed to be Evelyn Boswell

Well, that's one response.

Unfortunately, we don't know exactly what she meant; and someone said in the early days of the thread that police officers are seeing "food left on the floor" (MB's exact wording) by mothers/caretakers on meth/heroin, so that when the caretakers go "on the nod" for days the kid doesn't die from neglect.

This made sense to me, because we have seen these kind of cases in the news before, where kids died from malnutrition because they couldn't reach the food in cupboards, etc.

Do we think we can guarantee Maggie knowing this, though? She doesn't seem to have much of a grasp of reality otherwise.

Cliffs Notes version:

Inculpatory = pulls people in closer to the nucleus of guilt.

Exculpatory = excuses, or pushes people outward, away from the nucleus of guilt.

:D

Child Protective Services, as per the early days of this thread, IIRC. (Which, I point out, we can't say one way or another whether this points towards MB wanting EP back; but personally, I'd think making my child's father nervous about whether and why my child was removed from my custody and home; is the opposite of anything that would legitimately or logically be desired.)

It certainly wasn't an excuse designed to put his mind at ease, IMO.
Oh, wow, I didn't realize she told Evelyn's father the baby was taken by CPS. I assume that means he thought she was in foster care all that time. Maybe she told him Evelyn had a broken arm and that's why she was removed from the home. Then she used the broken arm story as an excuse as to why she couldn't bring the baby to visit other family members. I'm assuming none of the family communicated with EP. I wonder if he ever got suspicious or called CPS to find out where she was. I assume he didn't, otherwise he would have found out that she was lying and reported it.

Imo

Oh, wow, I didn't realize she told Evelyn's father the baby was taken by CPS. I assume that means he thought she was in foster care all that time. Maybe she told him Evelyn had a broken arm and that's why she was removed from the home. Then she used the broken arm story as an excuse as to why she couldn't bring the baby to visit other family members. I'm assuming none of the family communicated with EP. I wonder if he ever got suspicious or called CPS to find out where she was. I assume he didn't, otherwise he would have found out that she was lying and reported it.

Imo

IIRC, earlier articles said EP did in fact call CPS looking for Evelyn (mid-December I think); and that CPS said it wasn't true.

We don't know anything further about that IIRC; but then again, this was also around the same time that TBSr. reported Evelyn missing, so I wouldn't be surprised if CPS told the police about EP's call. We will find out as and if/when documents are released in connection with the case, I imagine.

IIRC, earlier articles said EP did in fact call CPS looking for Evelyn (mid-December I think); and that CPS said it wasn't true.

We don't know anything further about that IIRC; but then again, this was also around the same time that TBSr. reported Evelyn missing, so I wouldn't be surprised if CPS told the police about EP's call. We will find out as and if/when documents are released in connection with the case, I imagine.
Ok, I never realized she was reported missing in December. (Or at least a call made to CPS inquiring about her) That makes sense. CPS would have gone to the house to check on Evelyn and interview MB and when she was not able to produce the child it was reported to the police.

I thought they didn't release the Amber Alert until February. That seems like a long time if they knew she was missing in December.

Imo

Last edited:

WAIT, WAIT, WAIT, WHAT? I have been following this story on WS since the beginning and I do not ever remember anything about EP calling CPS???? But with everything with this case, that doesn't surprise me that I have missed something!
Is there anyway you could post those articles or at least point me in the right direction to find them? TIA

Angela Boswell said she had a falling out with her daughter, Megan Boswell — who is Evelyn’s mother — in September, the same month she said she last saw her granddaughter. On that occasion, her daughter brought Evelyn to stay with her while she visited a relative in the hospital, Angela Boswell said.

Toward the end of December, she said she heard that Evelyn had been removed from her mother’s custody and placed with a foster family. She said that led her to get back in touch with her daughter and try to help her. Still, she did not explicitly discuss Evelyn with Megan “Maggie” Boswell because she wanted her daughter to bring it up on her own when she was ready, Angela Boswell said.

The child had not actually been placed in foster care, but Angela Boswell said she believed that was true, and she thought her daughter was embarrassed about it.

“I just believed Maggie just didn’t want to come out and tell me that,” Angela Boswell said.

But on the evening of Feb. 17, Angela said she spoke with her ex-husband and learned that Evelyn was missing.

The following day, Feb. 18, a report was filed with the state Department of Children’s Services, and the Sullivan County Sheriff’s Office became involved in the case. An Amber Alert for Evelyn was issued Feb. 19.

“I don’t know any more than anybody else does. And, you know, I’m waiting on the autopsy results like everybody else is,” Angela Boswell said.
Grandmother: Last time saw missing toddler was in September

I don't think there ever was a broken arm.

I think that's part of the story that MB made up. She told people that EP had lied and called CPS on her about a broken arm and that Evelyn was taken by CPS anyway.

It was just another lie, so people would think that Evelyn was with CPS, but not because she was a bad mom, just a victim of the system.

MOO.

So TB Sr made up the whole "If you do, you'll regret it" comment?
That interview really ticked me off!!!!! And I don't know why. Probably because if you love little "Eve" so much, you DONT wait for your daughter to bring up why the baby was taken. What the frick frack patty whack PEOPLE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288