Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what her intent was in going to SC. Was she tying up loose ends back home, looking for friendly faces/family? Or did she honestly believe she could escape the long arm of the law just by going to another state?

If I was the person being charged, and I heard that there were 107 search warrants so far, I'd be more than a little bit uncomfortable. These guys ain't messin' around.
That’s an absolutely staggering number, especially considering the relatively short timeframe.

I’m particularly intrigued by multiple search warrants in South Carolina, which I imagine include her cell phone.

The judge threw out “wiretap,” as an example. I don’t think he’s read any of these warrants, but that would be amazing if true.

We know this woman loves to talk, and is her own worst enemy.

Review of the process-

Arrest.
Criminal prosecution typically begins with an arrest by a police officer.

Bail. If a suspect in police custody is granted bail, the suspect may pay the bail amount in exchange for a release.

Arraignment. The suspect makes his first court appearance at the arraignment. During arraignment, the judge reads the charges filed against the defendant in the complaint and the defendant chooses to plead "guilty," "not guilty" or "no contest" to those charges.

Preliminary Hearing or Grand Jury Proceedings. The government generally brings criminal charges in one of two ways: by a "bill of information" secured by a preliminary hearing or by grand jury indictment.

A preliminary hearing, or preliminary examination, is an adversarial proceeding in which counsel questions witnesses and both parties makes arguments. The judge then makes the ultimate finding of probable cause. The grand jury, on the other hand, hears only from the prosecutor. The grand jury then decides whether sufficient evidence has been presented to indict the defendant.

Pre-Trial Motions. Pre-trial motions are brought by both the prosecution and the defense in order to resolve final issues and establish what evidence and testimony will be admissible at trial.

Trial. At trial, the judge or the jury will either find the defendant guilty or not guilty. The prosecution bears the burden of proof in a criminal trial.

Sentencing. During the sentencing phase of a criminal case, the court determines the appropriate punishment for the convicted defendant.

Criminal Law Stages of a Criminal Case :: Justia

She looks like the criminal she is. No make up, no hair coiffed, no mani/pedi, no designer outfit and matching handbag, no heals, no sunglasses and duck lips. This is her moment, her time and she’s got to do it in clothes she’d slept in. The shame!

That’s an absolutely staggering number, especially considering the relatively short timeframe.

I’m particularly intrigued by multiple search warrants in South Carolina, which I imagine include her cell phone.

The judge threw out “wiretap,” as an example. I don’t think he’s read any of these warrants, but that would be amazing if true.

We know this woman loves to talk, and is her own worst enemy.

IIRC the prosecutor specifically mentioned cell phone records re: the SC search warrants

Judge throwing out a lot of- ...ums....
BBM:

No kidding. We need to do an "um" count.

I get that he's talking to a national audience, but I found that a bit annoying.

He's the dude with the robe and the gavel.

He needs to speak decisively, and with authority.

On another front, I thought Michael Allen comported himself extremely well in the courtroom today.

Poised, direct, concise, professional.

Very impressed with DDA Allen so far.

JMO.

Last edited:
She was trying SO HARD to hide from the camera. No matter what angel the camera attempted to move, she tried was cowering behind her lawyer. Even the lawyer was moving around to keep her hidden.

I would say it'a embarrassment and remorse, but I'm going to go with an act.
She didn't seem the least bit embarrassed or remorseful to me. She just didn't want to be on camera.

After all, she has no makeup and no sunglasses.

Pardon my ignorance,. What was with the questions from defense at the end regarding why the case was handed over to a different division (or something like that).
Seemed pointless in my opinion but did give the camera man the opportunity to point at T
It was originally assigned to one Judge but was then reassigned. Apparently, it is due to homicide rotation. The judges take turns having homicide cases assigned to them so that one judge doesn't get too many at once.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam