Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
she premeditated this whole act, make plans on killing him and then what she would do with his body and then followed through with those plans,so…...that's why its been so hard to find Gannon because she had time to plan what she was gonna do and therefore she went straight out and did it and probably make sure it would be somewhere that he wouldn't be found for a long time!!
I don't think she necessarily made a "plan" to kill him. I do think she abused him, possibly fatally injuring him, and neglected to show any concern for his well-being or take any action to save his life or get him medical care. She basically let him die, either because she didn't want to get caught or she just didn't care.

Then she callously came up with an elaborate plan to hide his body and cover her tracks, without a care in the world for Gannon or her husband or anybody else in the family for that matter.

Imo

Yeah, I’m talking about release to the public. Clearly it doesn’t benefit the defense to have it released, so y would they agree to that?

The only reason we got to see everything in CW case is bc he confessed and it was wrapped up in a second.

My point is that it is up to the judge, not to the defense. The defense almost never agrees. Judges decide when the two sides don't agree.

Also, panic is not a legal defense. I'm sure lots of murderers panic when they realize what they've done.

Keep in mind that in order to establish that defense, TS would also have to take the stand and answer all questions from both sides.

She'd also have to be believable. What, about a small boy's behavior in the back seat of a truck, could cause her to panic? People have tried some form of this defense in everything from rape to murder to carjacking. It doesn't work.

"I saw a tsunami coming and jumped in the nearest boat I saw, so sorry I stole it..." That might work.

I think so. Even though she did not pre plan the murder, she knew what she was doing as she did it, and could have stopped at any time. Which makes me think there was a long period of time that this happened, which makes me so sad.
Poor Gannon. I can't imagine what he suffered at her hand.
MOO

Isn't there something in the colorado law about "a child 12 and under (or under 12) in your care" where it can be considered 1st degree murder WITHOUT premeditation? That is my understanding anyway. I wonder if that part of the law will apply to this case?

I'm not sure that it will. I think it WAS premeditated. It took me a long time to come to this conclusion, but I'm leaning towards her never considering killikng him until whatever happened that sunday night. I think she took an all or nothing gamble, and she appears to have lost.

JMO

Isn't there something in the colorado law about "a child 12 and under (or under 12) in your care" where it can be considered 1st degree murder WITHOUT premeditation? That is my understanding anyway. I wonder if that part of the law will apply to this case?

I'm not sure that it will. I think it WAS premeditated. It took me a long time to come to this conclusion, but I'm leaning towards her never considering killikng him until whatever happened that sunday night. I think she took an all or nothing gamble, and she appears to have lost.

JMO
That’s what she’s charged with, not the premeditation part.

I don't think she necessarily made a "plan" to kill him. I do think she abused him, possibly fatally injuring him, and neglected to show any concern for his well-being or take any action to save his life or get him medical care. She basically let him die, either because she didn't want to get caught or she just didn't care.

Then she callously came up with an elaborate plan to hide his body and cover her tracks, without a care in the world for Gannon or her husband or anybody else in the family for that matter.

Imo

I think she planned to punish him for something he did on Sunday. Or maybe Saturday. She doesn't have to plan to kill him as that's not what Colorado statute requires. Any abuse of a child that results in death is Murder One (planned or not). So, if you are caring for children under 12 in Colorado, you probably ought not to plan to abuse them, either. Because if they die during that abuse or because of it, it's murder one.

As it should be. And what constitutes abuse? That's up to the good people of El Paso County to decide.

If there's blood "all around the house" and it's Gannon's blood, and then Gannon is put into a one way truck ride that doesn't end up in the ER....letting him die will still be Murder One.

Imo
I wonder if they found blood or other physical evidence in the home that indicated he would not have lived, or at least wouldn’t have lived without medical care, since he was seen alive the next morning, and they would not know about what she did to him after that.

That’s an absolutely staggering number, especially considering the relatively short timeframe.

I’m particularly intrigued by multiple search warrants in South Carolina, which I imagine include her cell phone.

The judge threw out “wiretap,” as an example. I don’t think he’s read any of these warrants, but that would be amazing if true.

We know this woman loves to talk, and is her own worst enemy.
I wonder how many of them are for surveillance cameras, including ring doorbell cameras. As somebody pointed out weeks ago (I think it may have been @gitana1 ) even if people are handing their footage over voluntarily prosecution is likely to want to have warrants just to make sure their bases are covered.

If prosecution wanted footage from 20 people on a street, would they need 20 warrants or could one blanket warrant cover everyone on that street?

Maybe to get her daughter to her family. But, her daughter is in the military??

She's 17. So if she hasn't finished school she'd be in an early entry program like this
U.S. Air Force

Not sure how binding an enlistment it is but the daughter would need somewhere to live while she finishes school. She wouldn't have been living on post.
JMO

Yes even the judge asked her if she needed some water in a pointed way. She seemed to respond with a laugh and reached for her full cup. I thought the presentation by prosecution vs defense was like apples and oranges. Not even. Apples and bowling balls.
Very well spoken,and professional. Unlike Tees Lawyer coughing and hacking during The whole preceding. (With Covid 19 problem ) spreading her nasty germs everywhere. SMH. MOO

JMO
Agreed.
I also tend to think she thought she could pull off what might have happened to Kyron Horman..
Guess not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member