Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure I'd assume that. We really don't know what economic resources her family has. Some people can't leave jobs and fly across the country. (And go-fund-me efforts likely wouldn't work )

I know I've said this before but Robeson Co NC where TS is from is not a prosperous part of NC. I don't know if she has family in SC or just friends but SC overall isn't a terribly prosperous state either outside of certain areas.

JMO
GANNON is my hero!
I understand the point you are trying to make, being from SC, trying not to take offense. My questions are whether her family has always and will continue to support her, or if this is final line in the sand... this procedure and the next, are relatively brief , if you could only get to limited appearances... her family dynamics are a mystery to me as I avoid SM... MOO, she would like to play the poor pitiful victim, but it is very difficult to do w/ AS and LH right there. I can think of many other ways to spend my time and money than attending my son’s murderer’s trial, but they will be a constant presence in the courtroom...bless them and give them strength and peace.

My point is that it is up to the judge, not to the defense. The defense almost never agrees. Judges decide when the two sides don't agree.

Also, panic is not a legal defense. I'm sure lots of murderers panic when they realize what they've done.

Keep in mind that in order to establish that defense, TS would also have to take the stand and answer all questions from both sides.

She'd also have to be believable. What, about a small boy's behavior in the back seat of a truck, could cause her to panic? People have tried some form of this defense in everything from rape to murder to carjacking. It doesn't work.

"I saw a tsunami coming and jumped in the nearest boat I saw, so sorry I stole it..." That might work.
Ita.

Even if he'd thrown up or had an "accident" in the back seat... that's not enough to send someone who is already the parent of an older teen girl and a younger stepchild to outright panic.
I think she'd poisoned/over medicated him or he was badly injured by her and no one else -- and there was no covering it up.
She knew she was in trouble, and handled it like a coward. :mad:

That act is not going to work. Be filthy. No one cares. Meanwhile, check out her finger:
89647629_2983997058361587_3126920999635779584_n.jpg

Wonder if that was on purpose....

Thank you for explaining.
Personally, I thought she just wanted to be heard and waste court time. Is it known for this judge to be "worse to deal with" than others?
Since defense raised the question, if the judge does have a reputation it’s likely he’s harder on criminals. I’m OK with that.

This may have already been answered but can somebody tell me why T was sitting in the jury box instead of at the defense table?

And that blonde haired woman sitting next to her was an attorney? The way she hovered next to T and didn’t stop talking even when the judge was speaking I first thought she was a (mental) health attendant.

And can I just say it irks me beyond words that CO law prevent media coverage in court except for arraignments, some status hearings and sentencing.

After hearing this, I wanted to know how many search warrants were issued in the Kelsey Berreth case, just out of curiosity.

The following is from Patrick Frazee’s preliminary hearing, which took place on February 19th, 2019.:
“4:36 p.m.

DA Dan May says he has no objection to releasing any of the search or arrest warrants after talking with law enforcement. May says there were 32 search warrants in conversation with the defense.” (BBM)
Blog: Patrick Frazee appears in court for preliminary hearing

Frazee was arrested on December 21, 2018, so he had been in custody for approximately two months at that point; Kelsey was reported missing on Dec. 2nd but had not been seen since Nov. 22nd.

So 32 search warrants over 11 weeks/79 days in Kelsey’s case vs. 107 over six weeks/44 days (assuming that the number has remained the same since last week) in Gannon’s.

Thanks for this comparison. On a related note, remember the pink cuffs they had on Frazee? Anyway to get LS blue ones? Heavy duty in size XXS?

Presser live now.

District Attorney speaking

Live Newscasts
Is there a way to watch this presser with the DA after the fact ??
I have been trying to find it but since it is NOT live anymore, I am unable to view it. UGH
I rushed home from work, but didn't get here in time.
Darn work, anyway LOL

Her attorney showed up sick, that’s a true professional. As for smiling, I think it’s nerves—she’s(the team) know they’re pushing a boulder up the mountain.

Not these days. It's unprofessional. I do think the smiling is a way of signaling to their client that things are peachy and would she please not try to kill everyone in the room. It's fun being in court! Keep calm and rock on.

Her attorney showed up sick, that’s a true professional. As for smiling, I think it’s nerves—she’s(the team) know they’re pushing a boulder up the mountain.
Not a true professional. Coronavirus supposedly a pandemic now and she cannot afford a handkerchief? She has to cough for the whole courtroom? Guess they can shut down the courthouse now if she tests positive. Not impressed.

I think she planned to punish him for something he did on Sunday. Or maybe Saturday. She doesn't have to plan to kill him as that's not what Colorado statute requires. Any abuse of a child that results in death is Murder One (planned or not). So, if you are caring for children under 12 in Colorado, you probably ought not to plan to abuse them, either. Because if they die during that abuse or because of it, it's murder one.

As it should be. And what constitutes abuse? That's up to the good people of El Paso County to decide.

If there's blood "all around the house" and it's Gannon's blood, and then Gannon is put into a one way truck ride that doesn't end up in the ER....letting him die will still be Murder One.
Yes, I know. I understand the charge. I just don't think she 'planned' in advance to kill him to cover up the fact that she abused him or because he was going to tell on her or for any other reason. That's what I was responding to.

I think she abused and neglected him and he died as a result. She may have avoided taking him to a hospital because she didn't want anyone to discover his injuries, but I still do not believe that she made a plan to kill him in advance which is what I thought the OP suggested.

Imo

I didn’t hear the charges read or anything about bond. Did you guys? And if the defense has to agree to the release of the p.c. Affidavit I don’t see that happening. Why would they, unless forced to.

Also the 2 defense attorneys need to stop laughing and smiling so much out of respect for the victim and his family. It’s incredibly insensitive.
They won't be smiling when they see the evidence. JMO

Yes even the judge asked her if she needed some water in a pointed way. She seemed to respond with a laugh and reached for her full cup. I thought the presentation by prosecution vs defense was like apples and oranges. Not even. Apples and bowling balls.

I actually feel for the defense. This is a no-win for them. They were probably planning how many bottles of wine they were going to consume while they awaited that mountainous discovery.

Not a true professional. Coronavirus supposedly a pandemic now and she cannot afford a handkerchief? She has to cough for the whole courtroom? Guess hey can **** down the courthouse now if she tests positive. Not impressed.
I have a big cold right now, and am not arguing this point tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooreknowledge