Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
I won’t be surprised if she gets a high profile attorney in the coming months.
I actually would. This is a loser of a case, with a client who is as reviled as the victim is as adored.

I’ve actually never heard of this many search warrants in a case, let alone this many search warrants in such a short span of time.

No body, and yet Dan May drops the hammer in about 5 weeks.

This isn’t Casey Antony or OJ Simpson. This is a woman who is dead to rights.

She just doesn’t know it yet.

I actually would. This is a loser of a case, with a client who is as reviled as the victim is as adored.

I’ve actually never heard of this many search warrants in a case, let alone this many search warrants in such a short span of time.

No body, and yet Dan May drops the hammer in about 5 weeks.

This isn’t Casey Antony or OJ Simpson. This is a woman who is dead to rights.

She just doesn’t know it yet.
You could be right. What happens if she pleads guilty? What does the sentencing look like?

Edit to add: I was just thinking of Thomas valva case. That case is a slam dunk, and somehow the dad got a high powered firm to represent him. So it happens.

You could be right. What happens if she pleads guilty? What does the sentencing look like?
I think it would save a lot of hardship and anguish if she plead guilty.

But, not going to happen. TS has already publicly made it clear "they aren't going to break me."

She's not going down without a fight.

At trial, evidence against her is going to be deafening...

She won’t plead guilty unless it’s something less than mandatory life (I’m not considering the DP as a viable option here).

Assuming everything moves fast, trial is a year away.

They’d make that sort of deal (life with parole) if they needed her to provide the location of the body, and (likely) if the family was on board with that.

She didn’t have that time, she ain’t that smart, and Gannon will be found in time.

She can go to hell.

It's interesting how LS shot dagger-eyes toward AS & LH, seemingly blaming them for her current predicament (not coming to her defense because she wasted years of her life caring for their children) and yet, the very people prosecuting her get only blank-stare glances.

That's the most telling: it might reveal the underlying resentment that may have subconsciously fueled LS' abuse of Gannon and to ignore the dire effects of the very injuries many assume she inflicted upon him.

She experienced a 'straw that broke the camel's back' moment, a trigger that released resentment and ultimate rage.

Her comment from the 'Cousin Itt' interview: "I would never hurt this child"... just makes me sick.

I think it would save a lot of hardship and anguish if she plead guilty.

But, not going to happen. TS has already publicly made it clear "they aren't going to break me."

She's not going down without a fight.

At trial, evidence against her is going to be deafening...

Gannon's body and this trial are her last two little chips of power and control. I can't see her giving up either of them.

She won’t plead guilty unless it’s something less than mandatory life (I’m not considering the DP as a viable option here).

They’d make that sort of deal (life with parole) if they needed her to provide the location of the body, and (likely) if the family was on board with that.

She didn’t have that time, she ain’t that smart, and Gannon will be found in time.

She can go to hell.
Poetic words!

I almost feel like I watched a different hearing than most of the folks commenting lol. I didn't notice anything disrespectful from them. Nothing wrong with a few smiles... that's just like, normal human interaction. It's almost automatic because it's just how we nonverbally express civility. It's not like they were smiling while directly discussing his death or another inappropriate time. I don't see how they were ever "joking around."

I think it’s bc it was the first time the parents and family were in court and the place was painted black. It’s like they were running around with bright balloons, if that makes sense. It was out of place. With time the family will become desensitized to the process, but today wasn’t the time or place for giggles and pleasantries.

I’m guessing because she has proved before that she can be erratic. With prisoners like that, they need to make sure there is no opportunity for a defendant to do something crazy. Her attorney was sitting very close to her as well, and I’m sure they were ensuring her safety.
Yep - those deputies got it all figured out.

She can go to hell.

I agree, I see her taking this to trial and not pleading. I don’t think she will help them find the body. But you never know once attorneys get involved, what they might be able to talk her into as far as what they think her best options are. I have a feeling LE knows where the body is, but can’t get to it due to snow. I base this only on their search strategies and the lack of searches of late.

I agree, I see her taking this to trial and not pleading. I don’t think she will help them find the body. But you never know once attorneys get involved, what they might be able to talk her into as far as what they think her best options are. I have a feeling LE knows where the body is, but can’t get to it due to snow. I base this only on their search strategies and the lack of searches of late.
I think they may have a solid general area, but who knows. It all depends on if she did move that body or not.

Either way, she’s going down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member